Search results

1. S

Supporters to form a rival ticket?

Mate, you are seriously wasting your time. Mr I talks and talks and stirs and stirs. He offers nothing to any debate or discussion. He talks about spell checking....Last week they were all jumping up and down about how great that things were starting to come together with the DWZ signing. Today...
  2. S

News LOL @ Bulldogs Instagram Page

And now you can admit that you manufactured the insta page for your own purposes. I don’t mind calling you out.
  3. S

News Bulldogs honour Steve Folkes in the best way

You can start your quest cleaning up the Storm dressing room and then send them a big letter asking them not to do it again
  4. S

News Bulldogs honour Steve Folkes in the best way

That is not their role and you know it. If you don’t like it, become a member and run for the Board yourself
  5. S

Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Pressure. They will all get better the more they get into these winning positions. The best bit for me is they gave it to them. That will do me week in week out.
  6. S

Revealed: Bulldogs paying Mbye $175,000 to play against them

How many times do you people need Andrew Hill to tell you that what the media reports is never close to being correct.
  7. S

Steve Price

49 people died, he wanted to show support for the country he lived in for 10 years. The Australian flags in Sydney were at half mast yesterday and the Opera House was bathed in a Silver Fern. I’m with him in supporting our cousins across the ditch
  8. S

Opinion My dad would have been proud!

All good here mate. Her mum is struggling but we are all looking after her. I hope the Dogs do your Dad proud this year. You’re a good man Uri, give me a call if you’re in Sydney.
  9. S

Opinion My dad would have been proud!

Let me know too mate
  10. S

Official 2019 Annual General Meeting

No other issues.
  11. S

Official Feeney very proud moment

I can assure you he meant every word. I could see the high regard he is held in by the members, standing with him before the meeting. Very proud to call him a mate
  12. S

Official A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR

I can only do my bit. Your paperwork is at the Club and will be dealt with in due course. I think the dramas that they have had to deal with over the last few months has probably taken priority over any other business.
  13. S

Pleased to report that Gary, Graeme and Mark Hughes are all here
  14. S

Just a reminder that the AGM is on tomorrow at 10am at the League Club. You have to be a Footy Club member to be enter. I will post the important talking points here tomorrow night during the ads of MAFS
  15. S

Official A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR

It’s essential that there are no blurred lines as we move forward
  16. S

I have received my AGM Agenda. The Special Resolutions are regarding proxies. The Board made a commitment as part of their election strategy last year, to investigate the withdrawal of the proxy vote as it was seen as not being specifically representative of the individual member by appointing...
  17. S

Which guys are you referring to?
  18. S

I nominated Jamie Feeney. He came to the Dogs as a 18yo and played in the Premiership winning side of 1998. He played for the Dogs for 8 years and racked up 112 games in first grade. He played every game in the record breaking 2002 team. After leaving the Dogs he had a few years at Melbourne and...
  19. S

News Dog Day on Fox502

Starting tonight at midnight is Bulldogs Day on Fox 502. 23 game highlights over the day. Enjoy
  20. S

Merry Christmas

I would like to wish all of you ladies and gents on the Kennel a very safe and Merry Christmas. If you are travelling please take it easy. To everyone who has contributed, it has been, at times, interesting reading. Not all of it agreeable with everyone but that’s why it’s a forum. So whoever...
  21. S

1985 Grand Final

Turvey won that game with an impeccable kicking performance
  22. S

Cap Situation

You must have missed the members forum last month
  23. S

Cap Situation

It is not the Boards role to do what you are asking. Dib was on the Board and decided to stick his nose into everything and, correct me if I’m wrong, it didn’t end well.
  24. S

Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Doggies Dylan. Hope you enjoy your time here and get to taste some more premiership success.
  25. S

News 2019 Draw

You have to go to Rotorua, about 2 hours drive south. One of the greatest places in the world
  26. S

Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

Just to make it clear to whoever wants to read it, the Boards role is to ensure the correct governance of the Club; that is to make sure the people actually running it day to day are completing their tasks, that they have the processes available to them to complete those tasks and that the...
  27. S

Segeyaro chiko pointless story

I thought I read somewhere that Segeyaro wasn’t on the radar anymore
  28. S

Help needed!

send me a dm and I’ll let you know
  29. S

Members Forum

Exactly
  30. S

Members Forum

And he also jumped up and down during the 2017 season about pay. If I remember correctly Dib renegotiated him or got some TPA’s to top him up and then signed Woods. That issue went out the door. Now it’s back. This whole thing smells bad and looks like it’s been on the go for a lot longer than...
  31. S

Members Forum

Dave negotiated his current deal without a manager and mid contract he has apparently appointed a manager. Suddenly he has personal issues and wants out to a Club that is willing to pay big bucks. The Club repeatedly stated that he was off limits yet here we are to believe that the Knights have...
  32. S

Members Forum

Tony Ayoub
  33. S

Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

Players first session is tomorrow 1/11/18
  34. S

Members Forum

My mail was also that Klemmer was as good as gone
  35. S

Members Forum

Andrew Hill advised they were working with Dave and his manager trying to resolve his issues. What they specifically are was obviously not discussed. He said that they still have one spot available in the top 30, and two spots available in the development squad. It was advised that the NRL have...
  36. S

News 2019 Draw

We play the teams that this year came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th and 9th twice. Seems a bit tough to me
  37. S

Members Forum

I would say that we will hear a few words from Lynne, a few from Dean and a lot from Andrew. There will be no special speakers this time around. I would think the agenda will be on the squad rebuild and how they are looking with the Cap issues. I expect that we will hear positive news.
  38. S

Members Forum

Details of the next Members Forum are 30 October at Canterbury League Club start at 630pm till 730pm. Also introducing new recruits
  39. S

Football Club Membership

The Club will send you a Notice of the Annual General Meeting giving you the date, time and location and on that notice will be a reminder to pay your annual fee and give you the various options to pay. You can pay it on the morning of the AGM at the League Club as well.
  40. S

Salary cap woes remain: Bulldogs boss

I have no idea what you are trying to say
  41. S

Salary cap woes remain: Bulldogs boss

I presume that this post is meant to be funny otherwise it would be easily in the top 10 of ridiculous comments
  42. S

Okunbor

Obviously you guys have seen him way more than me. Are these deficiencies in his game able to be eliminated do you think?
  43. S

Okunbor

Beast
  44. S

2018 Write Off

There has been many references to this being a write off. I beg to differ for the following reasons Dib gone Hasler case settled MBye gone Woods gone Foran injured North Coast alignment Lewis, Smith 5th best defense (to date) Smashed the Dragons Beat Top 8 teams Warriors broncos panthers...
  45. S

Football Club Membership

The AGM is held in February annually
  46. S

Football Club Membership

Sorry everyone. I’m just so tired of our Club being bagged by its “supporters”, I really can’t see any benefit staying here. However, my offer to anyone and everyone to assist them become a Footy Club member remains. Email steve_doggies@icloud.com Hope to see a few of you new members at the AGM...
  47. S

Eff the haters, we’ve improved!

Two weeks ago you were warming to the Board. Now they are “spastics” and the above. You must be the most negative person I have ever come across in 56 years of breathing, and to overtake my brother is saying something. Instead of putting out your snide catty remarks, why not look for...
  48. S

Football Club Membership

No idea, sometime this month
  49. S

"Rebuilding"

Did you question the competency of the Dib Admin when they signed Foran and Woods? If not, why not? They paid premium dollars to get where we are today. Paying premium dollars doesn’t necessarily make you a world beater, or in our case, even a threat
  50. S

Member Update

I don’t understand the comment that the Club is playing us fans through the media. What do you mean?
  51. S

Jackson Hastings signs with Salford

There is a report in The Australian that Hastings was released by Manly this afternoon. No info on his next move.
  52. S

Chris Anderson getting involved

Except Tallis
  53. S

Chris Anderson getting involved

There was an Extraordinary General Meeting a few years ago, during Greenberg’s time. The term of the Board was reduced from 3 years to 2 years, to bring the Club into line with the rest of the corporate world.
  54. S

NRL Reporter With Balls Required

Kate McClymont...I know her
  55. S

Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Sometimes it’s interesting to re-read comments and match it to what we now know.
  56. S

Football Club Membership

Sorry I missed a bit of info. They were investigating whether season ticket holders could become Footy Club members without having to pay the joining fee and annual fee. That bit is not possible. But yes you can be a season ticket holder and a footy club member.
  57. S

Football Club Membership

Sorry gang. I spoke to Charlie today. The Board were investigating whether Season Ticket Holders were able to become Footy Club members but the advice received was that there was no ability in the Constitution for that to happen, perhaps that may change in the future. So the outstanding...
  58. S

Lynne Anderson Interview

I’m not so sure about that
  59. S

Football Club Membership

I’ve written to Charlie, the CEO’s PA. I’ll let you know
  60. S

Jack Cogger

There are some good parts of his game. He is happy to run the ball to the line, his passing is good, he doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty. He has been tackled off the ball a few times and bounced back. His defence might need a bit of assistance but overall, he is so much better than we have...
  61. S

Jack Cogger

Jack is playing first grade for Newcastle against Parramatta tonight. Live on Fox 502
  62. S

Adam Elliott Interview - Ladies who League

Mary, the owner of LWL, is a very good friend of mine. Please don’t disparage her. She puts a lot of time and effort into promoting the game. Her take is that the game should be fun to watch and play and that there is much more to every player than what you see on the field. If you don’t like...
  63. S

Current Board

Agreed
  64. S

Real reason of letting players go?

Parkview are the construction company at the League Club. They’re probably not going anywhere
  65. S

Future looking good

He failed the HIA
  66. S

Im done!!!

Don’t be doing that. Your input is welcomed here and will be missed if you don’t watch the boys. We have been in every game and should have won a couple. Things aren’t as grim as you think.
  67. S

Elliot turns down money for love of dogs

I’m neither a lover or hater of Elliott but.... If you’re going to give interviews, you have to have some consistency. You can’t say that you sat down to think about your future in June 2017 and say “It was the first year (in six seasons) we hadn't made the top eight, we knew there was a bit of...
  68. S

Maybe I'm more rat cunning than I am admitting'

I’m really pleased that the Board and CEO have done so many positive things to date. It’s only a few short weeks ago that it looked like we were in for a hell of a battle with Hasler in court but that has been put to bed. They said they would be transparent and the forum has proven that. They...
  69. S

Members Forum 1

Mr I, Andrew Hill acknowledged that there were no profiles of our younger guys on the website and he would look into that as well as the streaming of those guys games onto the website
  70. S

Members Forum 1

He backed him
  71. S

Members Forum 1

He said that we are cap compliant for 2018, confirmed with the NRL. However at this time, there are 25 players signed for 2019 and NRL rules are you must have 30 in the squad. For next year, Brett and Josh and Eastwood will not be signed. So obviously there are other players who wont be resigned...
  72. S

Members Forum 1

Lynne Anderson gave her speech as the Chair but handed over to Andrew Hill to get into facts. Andrew said that he would not be drawn into any media speculation of the situation because he thought it was in the Clubs interest to remain silent. He said that he and Andrew Farrar went to NRL HQ when...
  73. S

Members Forum 1

The Q & A time was cut short because of his video and presentation. He hightailed out of there as soon as he was finished.
  74. S

Members Forum 1

**without pointing the finger***
  75. S

Members Forum 1

I’ll try and provide as much info as possible. Todd G gave his vision spiel and while he is very engaging, there was really nothing said that we didn’t know. However, the first question a lady ripped right into him about Sutton and the rest of them, to thunderous applause from the fans. Even...
  76. S

Members Forum 1

Sure am. It’s important for me to be involved and active
  77. S

Members Forum 1

There is an email list, just contact the Club on 97898000, dial 9 for reception and speak to Julie and get her to check you are on the list. But to turn up on Thursday is fine.
  78. S

Members Forum 1

In January the Board had no access to the books. The full extent of the issue came to light after they got there.
  79. S

Members Forum 1

Dean Pay is slated to be there
  80. S

Members Forum 1

Just a reminder of the Members and Season Ticket holders forum is this Thursday at 6pm with registration by 5.55. This is your opportunity to ask the Board your questions or comment upon any issue you would like clarification. If you don’t think you’ll be able to ask in front of the crowd, post...
  81. S

Football Club Membership

The next Board meeting is in 2 weeks, I expect you would get a call shortly after
  82. S

Football Club Membership

I’ll find out tonight when the next Board meeting is and let you know.
  83. S

Are there off field issues hampering our performance?

Mr I just trying to keep his name around by stirring about behind the scenes. How about this theory. They’re too old and slow for first grade
  84. S

Football Club Membership

It will happen
  85. S

Football Club Membership

Sorry to hear that. I can assure you I have had numerous responses to that email address. Perhaps rather than copy and paste, try an alternate method. Steve
  86. S

Football Club Membership

No mate, same address. Just get him to check Steve
  87. S

Football Club Membership

I heard this week that the first batch of nominations had received calls from the Club confirming their new memberships (and to take the necessary fees of course!). Welcome on board fellas
  88. S

Football Club Membership

Fantastic. Send me an email and I’ll send you the form to complete.
  89. S

Gary McIntyre and the Leagues Club Board (via DT/Rothfield).

McIntyre was getting up at the AGM’s trying to seek forgiveness from the members for a number of years after the Oasis and Salary Cap debacle. For the first couple of times, they let him speak but then George shut him down and that seemed to be the end of it. Now that George is no longer...
  90. S

40 Years ago we lost a great talent

*Greg Sankey (sorry)
  91. S

Greg Stanley was a pretty fair player who stepped up to first grade and performed quite well
  92. S

Finally....It’s Game time!

This also means that despite our differing opinions of the last few months, we are all united for the thing we all have in common. Enjoy the season everyone, I think we all might get a fair surprise how well the boys go. Proud to be a Bulldog
  93. S

Football Club Membership

Hi all Just a quick update on new memberships. I have delivered 20 new nominations to the Club. Most are from Sydney, but also Central Coast, Far North Coast, Queensland, Northern Territory and Singapore! There are still a few still to be returned to me but I’d like to say thanks for all the...
  94. S

I remember Dave was a great talent and remember his accident. Very sad time for his family and the Club. I’m glad he hasn’t been forgotten