Search results

1. Captain Jack

Great ending to the year

I don’t post very often but I thought I’d share this thought... I know it’s disappointing that we didn’t make the 8, but that finish to the year was amazing. BUT. You know the Dogs are back and the fans know that other teams are fearing us again when the Bulldogs Chant went around the whole...
  2. Captain Jack

Mbye wants to forge potent combo with Foran

I’m going to throw something out in the open here.... Benny Barba was a sensation for us back in 2012, and from what I recall he wasn’t always a fullback (I believe he started at 5/8). Now, moving onto Moses Mbye... IMO, Mbye is quicker than Barba, stronger than Barba and a better defender than...
  3. Captain Jack

Predictions for 2018

Agree with your sentiments about the Cowboys and Dragons. However, I would hardly call Canterbury an ageing team. You take out the two Morris boys, Eastwood and Tolman and we don’t have a single player over 26 (correct me if I’m wrong).
  4. Captain Jack

New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay furious at his team’s draw for 2018

Whilst our draw for next year isn't favourable and I think the three 5 day turn arounds are a joke, let's be realistic; we had a very very easy draw this year (hardly had to leave Sydney at all and we didn't play many of the supposed top teams from the previous year). To be the best you have to...
  5. Captain Jack

New Assistant Coach Steve Antonelli

From the Mounties Facebook page: Announcement: Mounties would like to announce the departure of head coach Steve Antonelli who has taken up an assistant coaches role to Dean Pay at the Canterbury Bulldogs. During his five seasons as head coach at Mounties, Steve has led a professional team...
  6. Captain Jack

Official - Hasler sacked

I don't post much on the kennel (more of a reader) but I had to log in to say "WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!"
  7. Captain Jack

Reynolds

100% agree with you. We should be pushing for minimum 3-4 games a year there. Next year we should lob the NZ "home game" and put it at Belmore.
  8. Captain Jack

NRL LURKER: Manly building war chest for Origin star

Was at the game yesterday and there was definitely a lot of Boos from the crowd directed towards the dogs. I was told by someone sitting on the grand stand side that they were booed off at half time, can anyone confirm?
  9. Captain Jack

Optimistic for 2018

I still think next year's forward pack is the most balanced pack we will have in years. Assuming Kasiano and Eastwood are on their way out and Klemmer stays, we have a great combination of experience, youth and style of players. Workhorse Props Graham Tolman Workhorse Second Rowers Jackson...
  10. Captain Jack

Optimistic for 2018

Foran will command the ball off the number 9, I can't Visualise him standing behind the forwards and waiting to get the ball off James Graham or Aidan Tolman. surely Hasler will be forced to change the playing style next year after signing a half that commands the ball.
  11. Captain Jack

Optimistic for 2018

I totally agree with you, I would love Klemmer in the front row but in reality he will be played at lock because Des will have Graham, Woods and even a Tolman there before him for some strange reason. My ideal starting forwards combo would be: 8. Klemmer 10. Woods 11. Elliot 12. Jackson 13...
  12. Captain Jack

Optimistic for 2018

I think Mbye at hooker will be great (he passes the ball very quick off the ground, is lightning off the mark if he learns to pick and choose his times to run and has good defence although it was a bit shotty during the last game). Frawley, I agree with you, I'm unsure about but I'm not sure who...
  13. Captain Jack

Optimistic for 2018

Hi all, New member here but long time reader and fan of the Kennel (love many of the opinions on here). Assuming that 2017 is a write off which it looks more and more likely to be every week, I've put together a possible team for 2018 (barring a couple of positions) which I don't know who will...
  14. Captain Jack

Fan rally

Is this going to be officially organised?