Search results

1. Burgler

Shaving points

Anyone that’s familiar with nba knows about this. The ref can call a foul basically from their own interpretation of contact and after a few fouls per quarter every foul is automatically 2 shots, 1 point each from the free throw line regardless of where the foul happens. Now that’s explained for...
  2. Burgler

Feels like our best players are in the wrong position/role

Looking at our squad, players who have been impressive over the opening rounds probably need to have their role increased or changed for the benefit of the team. I’ve seen others bring up the same view but here’s the breakdown. Curran. For mine he’s been our most impressive middle forward...
  3. Burgler

Entire 2021 squad gone.

With RFM gone that’s the last of 2021. Pretty crazy that we’ve flipped 30 Players in 3 years. Can’t remember any other team having a turnover this big in the past.
  4. Burgler

Where will we finish.

Interested to know what members expect for 2024.
  5. Burgler

Thoughts on the RFM and Topine situation

Looking at RFM time at dogs. He signed a few round into the 2016 season. We finished 7th that year and he played 14 games. He’s played 100 odd games in 8 seasons. Which averages about 12 games a year. He was with the club the last season we made the finals. Outside of that he’s been in a team...
  6. Burgler

The Kennel V Reed

After yesterdays comments and the team performance I jumped on TK for a look as I was unable to watch the game live. About an hour after the presser the Reed thread had about 300 odd comments, being called all sorts from appearance to performance and everything in between. Firstly I’ll say I...
  7. Burgler

Has Ciraldo backed himself into a corner?

With this week being a bye and no footy for us the next weeks team selection has got me thinking that potentially Ciraldo is at a crossroads with our squad and the ramifications of either approach he takes. At the start of the season we were fed was the bond, culture, vibe or whatever you want...
  8. Burgler

Jackson

A lot have been calling for him to call time or be moved on. Is it me or does he seem refreshed now that he's not expected to be a ball player? I think he's been going well with the simple role he has now. Seems Potter has seen what we all have been frustrated with. King, TPJ middle with...
  9. Burgler

Picking outside the 30

Our hand has been forced to pick players due to the top 30 rule. Potter wouldn't have much loyalty to players in terms of sticking with them and hopefully a new coach with nothing to lose will try out some more players from outside the 30. Our back 5 could be a start, bring in some guys that are...
  10. Burgler

The Canterbury 4

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/05/25/throwback--the-canterbury-four/ As a 34 year old fan of the dogs, I vaguely remember the 'canterbury four' leaving for Parramatta. I started following the dogs in 95 as they were a successful team at the time and like any young kid I jumped on the...
  11. Burgler

Bulldogs DNA

All this talk about bulldogs DNA. Former players commenting about the state of the club. How do we get it back and what is the right combination of available coaching staff? I feel we tried this mantra with Dean Pay and it failed. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it but can't see it happening...
  12. Burgler

150 players set to enter 50mil auction

Can't access the article but the image is Moses and Burton. I'm assuming it's about players that are able to negotiate after Nov 1. What are people's opinions of Burton's chances of re-signing with us? I think it's crucial to extend him before he hits the open market otherwise I think he is as...
  13. Burgler

Ennis

Seems very vocal in criticism of the Bulldogs. He's admitted to watching all our games each week. Part of me thinks he wants us to do well but doesn't agree with how we are doing it. Question, Would you be happy with Flanagan snr head coach with Ennis as assistant?
  14. Burgler

2020 vs 2022

Let's look at our sides from 2020 under pay vs Barrett 2022, who wins. 2020 1.DWZ 2.Meaney 3.R.Smith 4. Montoya 5.Crichton 6.Foran 7.Wakeham 8.Tolman 9.JMK 10.Napa 11.Jackson 12.RFM 13.Elliot 14.Holland 15.Atoni 16.Britt 17. Sue 2022 1.Dufty 2.Naden 3.Shoupp 4.Averillo 5.JAC 6.Burton...
  15. Burgler

No way out

As bad as this season is currently going there is an unsettling feeling that sacking Barrett won't change anything until 2023 at the earliest. What coach would want to inherit this mess at this time of the year? I would think a new head coaching would like to be prepared in regards to a new...
  16. Burgler

Topine

I think the way we are playing our 'utility' role is an absolute joke. Our team isn't fit enough to warrant a player getting 7mins a game. Seriously we may as well just name 16 players. We can't rely on someone possibly being injured to justify picking a player. What did we do in the off...
  17. Burgler

O'Sullivan signs with Dolphins

Be interesting to see how this one pans out. I thought we should have shown some interest. The halves off contract is fairly lean and thought that he would be worth the punt if it meant we let wakeham go. Hopefully Flanagan continues to improve
  18. Burgler

Jarrod Crocker

Before you have a go at me this isn't a thread about recruiting him. Last year he was club captain, all time point scorer for raiders. Been there for probably more than a decade. Haven't watched many raiders games the past 12 months but im assuming his form hasn't been great and he has been...
  19. Burgler

Unpopular opinion, however

It's fair to say Averillo has had a decent chance to perform with this new squad. He trained at half all preseason, played majority of both trials, and now has played 2 games. In all this I don't think he has taken the opportunity the way he should have. It's clear we are forcing the issue and...
  20. Burgler

We should have won... but

For me this game left me feeling less frustrated than usual after a loss. Not saying I accept a loss as ok but there are signs that we are improving. Offloads - I don't think I can remember a game since the barba era that we offloaded the ball and gained an advantage from it instead of pushing...
  21. Burgler

When it rains it pours.

Had a look over some stat's last night and yes some would be inflated due to playing longer minutes but our middles have gone from maybe one guy to make 100+ meters to several last night. From memory, Vaughan, Thompson, Ava and King all made over 100. Waddell and Hetherington also made 100 or...
  22. Burgler

Benji Marshall

I know it has been discussed previously. Reading an article in SMH about Benji this morning. Can't help but feel he would be of some value to us in 2022 if he still has the desire to play. His humble enough to know he isn't going to be starting week in and week out. Much like his role at...
  23. Burgler

Edge forwards

Initially I was against signing TPJ but from what I've seen of our edge forwards we have to play him there and he's an upgrade of what we currently have. Our edge forward depth concerns me even with the signings coming in next year it's still a weakness. Elliot, Waddell, Stimson, Doorey, RFM...
  24. Burgler

Are we looking at replacing like with like or are we getting more value

I've been thinking about the rumours and possible signings. Like many, Im not overly excited by the players we are being linked to. However, if I compare them to who we are replacing does it make it look more appealing? Dufty to replace meaney? Dufty seems to be a better support player, more...
  25. Burgler

Jackson

Say what you want but he is the heart and soul of the club. I know he's wage might be slightly inflated but we missed him the past few rounds. I noticed he pushed hard as an inside support player of the halves to probably give them half a second more time. Those 1% efforts that we need.
  26. Burgler

Avo at 1?

Our season is over. It's time to try things that we may/may not do next season. We should be blooding guys that we intend on keeping around and discarding those who we don't. IMO I think Barrett will still go with Burton and Flanagan next season. Avo has been ok in the halves but still not...
  27. Burgler

Keep/Sell/Buy

Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith 15 players off contract Keep - Meaney, Okunbor, Chris Smith, Atoni -...
  28. Burgler

Our attack - Passing

One thing I've noticed in our squad is we have too many players that can't pass the ball playing in positions that require it as a fundamental skill. Katoa - I think has thrown a forward pass or two in each game this year, maybe apart from tonight. DWZ - Was great tonight in effort and I...
  29. Burgler

McGuire

Fox article suggests Cowboys have told him he can go whenever. Don't personally like the way he carries himself but considering our current squad I think we should look at him. Experienced prop that has a bit of mongrel in him. Played at the highest level. A rotation of Thompson, McGuire...
  30. Burgler

Te Maire Martin

Just read the Cowboys have offered Martin a deal seeing as he is out of favour at Penrith. Should the Dogs make a play for him? A halves combination of Foran/Martin doesnt look that bad. Nice balance of structure and creativity. Hes defence maybe questionable (i think thats why hes in...
  31. Burgler

James Graham/Paul Gallen

Firstly ill start by saying i am a James Graham fan. I love the fact that he tries hes backside off every week and is a Bulldog through and through. Something we couldnt say about other members of the regular 17. Since watching origin 1 and how different they played with the absence of Gallen...