Search results

1. Burgler

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Hope he doesn’t plan on takin up an apprenticeship
  2. Burgler

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

I think it’s short sighted to boo him. Whilst Taaffe contributed to a try, did he not also lead to letting one in with best’s try? Hutchison might not be the flashiest player but he gets the fundamentals done and is probably our best defensive halfback in the squad. We have enough strike in our...
  3. Burgler

Harrison Edwards on the move?

Seems like a lock/middle but not a genuine prop so feels like our lock roles are covered with Curren/man/salmon/hayward etc. But odd to let go if there isn’t anything coming from elsewhere as whoever gets promoted would more than likely be low in the pecking order and what we save like 40k from...
  4. Burgler

Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Did he do something im unaware of or is it just because he’s got a neck tattoo and face tattoos?
  5. Burgler

Opinion Patolo

Yeah I get that, what I’m saying is the TEAM needs at least 2 of the 4 props making 100m+. It’s a great base to set up your structure knowing your props are getting over the advantage line consistently. And the stats I posted prior are what our props should be aiming for. Giving them 15mins as a...
  6. Burgler

Opinion Patolo

I can’t imagine Ciraldo instructions are “ok mate I’m going to play you the first 15, have 2 runs but make sure they are quality” I feel like a pass mark for a starting prop in today’s game is 40min, 10 runs, 100m. Anything under that feels like to justify you have to make an impact through...
  7. Burgler

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

Waddell is being picked over him and tbh I would rather have kept him then end up with Schuster
  8. Burgler

How Good..

Sounds like he let the patients run the asylum. Another rookie coach that’s been chewed up and spat out. If true, Back to being an assistant like many others before him. Just shows when you get the chance you really have to nail it, the contrast of Bellamy who put standards above players seems...
  9. Burgler

Shaving points

Anyone that’s familiar with nba knows about this. The ref can call a foul basically from their own interpretation of contact and after a few fouls per quarter every foul is automatically 2 shots, 1 point each from the free throw line regardless of where the foul happens. Now that’s explained for...
  10. Burgler

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

We should have signed Sezer if anything
  11. Burgler

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5SiYFMuyqA/?igsh=MXhsenhuMzZ5YjhnaQ== If you don’t have Insta it’s Gus saying in 6 tackles with Gus podcast that we don’t have cap for Lomax but we have cap for a front rower and if Lomax was a front rower he’d be knocking on his door tomorrow. Interesting if...
  12. Burgler

Feels like our best players are in the wrong position/role

Looking at our squad, players who have been impressive over the opening rounds probably need to have their role increased or changed for the benefit of the team. I’ve seen others bring up the same view but here’s the breakdown. Curran. For mine he’s been our most impressive middle forward...
  13. Burgler

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

What’s Hastings upto currently
  14. Burgler

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

First dogs game I got to watch this year as I’ve turfed Foxtel. Hutch ain’t it. Might be a good bloke or trainer but moves around like he’s 38. Need some spark at 7. Thought Taffee was better than what I’ve read about him. Tracey seems a waste on the wing, Kiraz is more valuable on the wing...
  15. Burgler

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Won’t happen but Mann to 6. Burton centre and Kiraz wing would be what I would go with. Salmon to centre worries me defensively. Kiraz played plenty of wing. Burton played well at centre and can still use to kick. Mann played 6 when at knights and good defender. Also fit enough to play the rest...
  16. Burgler

That takes balls considering it was tackle 3
  17. Burgler

Very surprised Sutton didn’t call the last pass forward. He was there to see it
  18. Burgler

Why’s addo carr look like he’s fit as but blows after 10mins hasn’t been just this year. He hasn’t appeared fit the entire time he’s been with us
  19. Burgler

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Nah I realise that mate. Just saying he’s form slump may not be caused from within the football walls. I still think he has the ability to be somewhat the player he’s been hyped up to be but I think he needs to be pushed which is concerning. If he can’t be more vocal/dominant as a player he...
  20. Burgler

To be fair I don’t drink that much
  21. Burgler

Yes but if she isn’t coping then that’s where it gets in his head. All speculation of course it could be far from the truth but I’ve seen guys I work with literally do a 180 when they have their first, late to work, sleep deprived, pressure from wife to be at home etc etc. Then it shows in their...
  22. Burgler

Well he’s got a newborn. Not an excuse but could be finding it hard not knowing his personal circumstances. Not that it’s an excuse because he’s def not the first player to have a newborn but everyone adapts differently, even people outside of football.
  23. Burgler

Your Round 1 Team?

Is poasa top 30? I thought I read he was on a development or whatever the new term is for players outside the 30 that can only be selected after round 10 or whatever it was. Or has something changed?
  24. Burgler

Kurtley Beale might be looking to play NRL

Rugby 5/8 is so much different to league halves. I played both in local comp at Newcastle so I couldn’t imagine how bigger the difference would be at elite level. Union halves roam both sides, play off set starts, have a lot of stoppages etc. Any elite union 5/8 would struggle adapt by to league...
  25. Burgler

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

Respect for the acknowledgement mate, we are all guilty of getting it wrong at times, myself included
  26. Burgler

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

What are you talking about? I’d advise you listen to this interview and you’ll actually get facts from the horses mouth and an insight to what was going on in his life at the time. Bloke has never spoke ill of the club, enjoyed his time here and was forced to leave because he required a fair...
  27. Burgler

News Brutal’ truth behind Bulldogs photo as full extent of Gus revolution laid bare

Haha he is from up my way in Newcastle and refers to himself as Bulldog, but can confirm he never approached me for this info, just stole it. Journalism at its best! The kennel is where the good oil is at (sometimes), we probably have the biggest forum of any other side in the nrl so I’m sure...
  28. Burgler

Entire 2021 squad gone.

We live in a world where professional athletes now have the right to complain about how hard training is. unless is negligent like running down a hill piggybacking someone where a knee is probably going to explode then fair enough but there’s so much science and monitoring of workloads...
  29. Burgler

Opinion Sam Hughes

I think I’ll find it difficult to find someone who’ll argue with this. I hope to see him fold TPJ against the Broncs when he inevitably returns to NRL
  30. Burgler

Entire 2021 squad gone.

With RFM gone that’s the last of 2021. Pretty crazy that we’ve flipped 30 Players in 3 years. Can’t remember any other team having a turnover this big in the past.
  31. Burgler

News Cowboys weapon Jason Taumalolo axed as Captain

Would be interesting to see what freight cowboys are willing to pay. I also would question JT commitment to the game, he’d be moving away from home. He’s been on big dollars for a long time now and still has guaranteed big money coming regardless where he plays, so complacency is probably a...
  32. Burgler

Where will we finish.

Interested to know what members expect for 2024.
  33. Burgler

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

I feel like both AFB & Luai come with some form of baggage & uncertainty. Media would have a field day with them as soon as they wore out colours all the stories would start leaking out. The story of why AFB left manly would prob come out. And other stories that have been overlooked for years...
  34. Burgler

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Initially I thought AFB would have been a good get but longer I thought about it I’m glad we didn’t offer him a contract. If he had to get out of Sydney before what’s to stop the reasons he left from coming back to be an issue? He hasn’t seen out his last two contracts, he’s demanding too much...
  35. Burgler

Opinion What's with Ciraldo and Gus not approaching Panthers players until they decide to leave ?

1. Shows he has integrity in his approach. If we go sniffing around players trying to agitate a release or whatever then we out a target in ourselves. 2. If you’re the player then it shows the club can appear shifty in recruitment or trying to move a player on (the other side once you’ve signed)...
  36. Burgler

Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

Halves would be bigger than our front row
  37. Burgler

Fox Sports Klemmer

Don’t ever imply you’re smarter than Gus regarding football management. Say what you want the bloke has runs on the board dating back to the 80s. He’s outspoken, he plays games with media etc. He does things we don’t even understand because he’s been around the who’s who of rugby league for...
  38. Burgler

SMH Luai

I feel like panthers could be doing him a favour by publicly stating he’s not worth the money he’s being offered. If it looks like a side can get him for 24 he might receive inflated offers if they think they are a chance, coming off a premiership three-peat he’s peaked at market value. A...
  39. Burgler

Klemmer back to the dogs?

In the short term we need front rowers and a top tier halfback. In the interim we have signed sexton and a handful of utilities that could fill the role if sexton doesn’t hold his own. Rest of the side seems to be building nicely. I think if we can get klemmer on a subsidised deal for 2 years...
  40. Burgler

Fox Sports Klemmer

Not bagging this post for its contents or point but many like myself would not read this purely based on how long it is. I find if you’re clear and concise people will pay attention, unless you’re a troll like…(insert obvious name here).
  41. Burgler

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

Wasn’t there a period of time roosters had anasta, mason, omeley, Nate Myles that all came from bulldogs think there may have been a few others also
  42. Burgler

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Xerri hasn’t played in 4 years Kiraz better as a winger and probably better option than Wilson when both fit Burton 6 Burns left Crichton already picked Who else is there? Not like Hutchison hasn’t played there before
  43. Burgler

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

1.Taffe (played finals at fb, played fb in lower grade finals also). Best option outside of Critta 2.JAC (no explanation needed) 3.Critta (best position and would like to see him and fox on same side) 4. Hutchison (don’t think Xerri will be there round 1, hasn’t played in 4 years needs time)...
  44. Burgler

Other News Source Attempted swap. SST for Sutton

When did you speak to Gould nashy?
  45. Burgler

Faitala-Mariner thread

TK really turns to shit in the offseason.
  46. Burgler

Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

The fact Waddell was picked over most of the other guys still currently on the roster makes this a weird one. Thompson, Pele, okunbor, TPJ, Davey have all left RFM most likely gone, Waddell was also getting picked in front of edwards, Morrin, Hughes etc. none of those guys showed any notable...
  47. Burgler

SMH Luai

If we are paying Luai 1mil with the expectation to form a poor man’s Munster and Hughes combination with Burton then we would be spending more than what the storm are probably paying for those guys. Luai is not a halfback. Jason Ryles played halfback as a junior, Dave Taylor played 5/8. Who...
  48. Burgler

In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

JAC had a hit and miss year. It’s like he as probably most of us expected the new recruits/coach to have more of an impact. He was off the mark when he came back from World Cup due to extended break for the internationals and Australia making it to the final, that along with origin and our mid...
  49. Burgler

Opinion Josh Jackson?

Should be in his ear to throw the boots on for one last season similar to grub. Be in the fringe of first grade but more so to be around the squad. We lack leadership, although the never experienced much success as a leader you could tell he was respected
  50. Burgler

Official Gus on Twitter

Lindsay Collins…
  51. Burgler

News Good Riddance

Boxing is a joke for letting people have professional bouts so easily. Should be made to have a minimum amount of amateur fights before even being considered. Just because you watch it on tv and hit pads, do a bit of sparring, few fights against hand picked people should let be considered a...
  52. Burgler

SMH Luai

Disagree. why pay overs for a 5/8 if we plan to use him as a 7. If your argument is he hasn’t had a chance to prove himself then that’s more reason not to sign him. If you’re paying big money it’s for proven players not potential. Risk is too high. I honestly don’t see many teams interested in...
  53. Burgler

SMH Luai

No I’m not. Would be the equivalent of you going to a luncheon where Tendulkar was the guest speaker at your local and ghosted it
  54. Burgler

SMH Luai

Luai is garbage without Cleary. He’s unproven outside of the Panthers side. The games he’s played 7 without Cleary I think he’s looked ordinary. He’s definitely not worth $1m. He’s a 6 playing behind a gun forward pack and the best halfback in the comp doing all the organising/clutch work...
  55. Burgler

Any news on who our number 7 will be in 2024?

From what I’ve seen and team balance By Burton and Sexton the halves. I think they should get first opportunity after a preseason together. Taaffe fullback, Crichton centre with Xerri, Mann and Hutch 13/14. Think we will use one as a ball playing lock and the other as a 14 or rotate them...
  56. Burgler

SMH Luai

I’ve heard mixed about John’s but I went to a dinner where he was special guest speaker. Was meant to be a 3 hour thing. He spoke for about 30mins with a 30min break (the dinner was served) then back doored it and left the MC to announce that he had left. It was in Maitland (about 30mins from...
  57. Burgler

Coaching Structure 2024

Bobcat has actual coach experience in youth sides and Newcastle local league first grade. Very strong comp, Maitland are state champs. He should be in the mix for lower grades or flegg
  58. Burgler

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

People doubting this move. Guarantee he ain’t complaining about how hard training is. More money for value than Thompson
  59. Burgler

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

If we could get Mo and SST confirmed as signed. Twal or Keppie wouldn’t be too bad IMO
  60. Burgler

No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Dragons let go of Sullivan who you’d think they would want to keep if hunt is leaving. Yeah, Flanagan jnr could end up there but if they don’t results straight away puts a heap of pressure on Flanagan snr straight away.
  61. Burgler

Thoughts on the RFM and Topine situation

Looking at RFM time at dogs. He signed a few round into the 2016 season. We finished 7th that year and he played 14 games. He’s played 100 odd games in 8 seasons. Which averages about 12 games a year. He was with the club the last season we made the finals. Outside of that he’s been in a team...
  62. Burgler

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

Buzz quote “who recruited Davey?” Probably the same bloke that recruited Preston? One is younger and has more upside and the other offered to leave. Where’s the issue? He’s argument had no basis whatsoever
  63. Burgler

Dispelling Jake Preston and Davey myth

Disagree 100%. Davey was competing with RFM (club captain) Kikau (big off season signing), Preston (Rookie), Waddell, Okonbor (probably wasn’t viewed as 2nd rower at the time he signed), Morrin. I believe he would have thought he was in the 17, maybe he was told that I dunno. To me he wasn’t...
  64. Burgler

Bulldogs player walks out

Has RFM or Sutton been mentioned?
  65. Burgler

News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

I haven’t seen anything from him since returning that he’s worth keeping. Offer 300 purely for the fact that we have no props. If he walks then let him go. Sipley from manly outplayed him on the weekend and is probably on less than 400k. There’s players for better value out there we just have to...
  66. Burgler

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Wonder what nasheed does for a living if those hours are too much
  67. Burgler

Opinion Kiraz not a centre

Taffe has played there and played decent. He can ball play and had speed. Seemed ok under the highball from memory against us. 1.Taffe 2.JAC 3.Crichton 6. Burton 11. Kikau Right side 5.Kiraz 4.Xerri 7.Sexton 12.Preston think with that lineup it gives us some strike in attack and taffe can...
  68. Burgler

Opinion Kiraz not a centre

Agree with OP don’t think Kiraz is a centre. Wouldn’t mind seeing Wilson given a chance at FB before seasons end. I think Kiraz and Fox should be first choice wingers. Crichton and Xerri(if he trials well) at centre.
  69. Burgler

Rumour Pele to Hull?

Bloke obviously has the potential but maybe not the commitment like others have mentioned. If we are bringing in middles then obviously we have to shed some from the squad. I’d rather keep blokes like Morrin and Edwards who seem to have a genuine dig at keeping their spot in the squad.
  70. Burgler

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

I’ve never bagged Burton but he has been so fuckin bad today. Cuckraldo too gutless to hook him. Least Flanagan seems to have a dig. Burton deadset a passenger today. Fox been ordinary also.
  71. Burgler

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Burns underrated, things happen around him. Just needs to be injury free
  72. Burgler

Cameron Ciraldo is the worst coach in club history at using his bench

That move was very disruptive i thought. Leaving Reed on when Flanagan was on was also ridiculous IMO
  73. Burgler

If Topine is going to stay in the team he can also cover Hooker. Rather carry Pele on bench than flanno if his role is what we seen tonight
  74. Burgler

I said the same in the game thread. Very concerning. It was simple, Flanagan come on and give Reed 10-15mins spell. EQW off, Skelton on. The mess he made nearly cost us the game
  75. Burgler

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

STFU? You chose to respond to my comment and made yourself look the fool. Maybe you should consider your own advice. We were up by 16 when I made the comment and ended up winning by 4. Ill take the win, you can take the L
  76. Burgler

No I don’t, but i pointed out something regarding why make so many changes mid game, swapping players from sides of the field, having Topine, Flanagan, Mahoney, Okonbor, RFM, King on at the same time, where’s the meters coming from? Reed and Flanagan in the middle together is just stupid. Yeah...
  77. Burgler

Yeah your comment ageing well isn’t it. Now they are within 4. Who’s the “cahunt”?
  78. Burgler

We let in 3 tries and they got within 8?
  79. Burgler

What is this bench rotation, seriously. How can you have Flanagan, Reed, Topine on at the same time. Then switch burns on the other side and Kiraz. For the final 15mins when we are up?
  80. Burgler

Not strong in contact. Hasn’t impressed me for his size
  81. Burgler

The fact his neck was extended and braced in contact worries me as it was direct blunt force to the base of the chin
  82. Burgler

The Kennel V Reed

After yesterdays comments and the team performance I jumped on TK for a look as I was unable to watch the game live. About an hour after the presser the Reed thread had about 300 odd comments, being called all sorts from appearance to performance and everything in between. Firstly I’ll say I...
  83. Burgler

Has Ciraldo backed himself into a corner?

To be fair Perham has had a fair chance to cement his spot. It’s not like I’ve watched him play 2 games and am saying he needs to go. Wilson has looked ok and been playing FB in reserves. Also it’s not like Perham is an established FB and you’re taking 200 games of experience out of the team for...
  84. Burgler

If you don’t care then why comment. I wasn’t trolling or baiting for reactions. If anything your post sums up your input perfectly
  85. Burgler

I didn’t mean axe CC or staff etc, I meant players such as Perham for instance. He seems fixated on him at FB when we could try Wilson there who looks to have more urgency and speed. Perham may be a good trainer or whatever off the field that we don’t see but he’s a problem in FG and most on the...
  86. Burgler

With this week being a bye and no footy for us the next weeks team selection has got me thinking that potentially Ciraldo is at a crossroads with our squad and the ramifications of either approach he takes. At the start of the season we were fed was the bond, culture, vibe or whatever you want...
  87. Burgler

Official Gus on Twitter

If they want him it’ll be for the 13 role the panthers use Yeo in. He can play centre halves back row. Probably means Nu Brown won’t be extended. Reynolds also will retire. Flanagan will be gone so Hooker utility role will be up for grabs next year unless we sign Hunt, which I can’t see happening
  88. Burgler

News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

If we landed hunt and trying to fit the best players available to accomodate the move you could try 1.Crichton 2.JAC 3.Burton 4.Xerri 5.Kiraz 6.Olapau 7.Hunt other options are obviously Burton 5/8, Crichton centre etc but that backline looks good if Xerri can get to where he was before ban...
  89. Burgler

Official Gus on Twitter

A friend of mine son was the kid that fox gave the jersey to on the weekend. I’m from Newcastle and was talking to his dad the night before the game and we got talking about the game and they were going down to central coast to watch it. I briefly spoke to his young fella and he said he was keen...
  90. Burgler

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

Hard to judge this early in his career. Worth persisting with but not on overs. He sounds like he wants to stay so I wouldn’t break the bank to keep him considering the time he’s been at the club. I just hope he doesn’t end up the next Bradman Best.
  91. Burgler

Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

Yeah I understand that but if Papalii isn’t in contension for fg this year, why couldn’t Wilson play FB in NSW Cup if there’s people considering him for FB in fg? Rather see how he went there than have another Casey disaster. Maybe let Papalii play flegg for a few games if he’s eligible
  92. Burgler

Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

Seems to have more upside than other options such as Reynolds at 14. Same as out wide over Burns or Casey. But our weakest spot is by far FB. I’d play him FB at NSW cup than 14 in FG. Then replace Perham. If NSW cup still plays while we have the bye, even better opportunity for him to stake his...
  93. Burgler

Fox Sports Dogs have signed Q cup centre Ethan Quai Ward to top 30 contract effective immediate

Would have preferred a fullback but sounds like low risk signing anyway.
  94. Burgler

Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

We should have went after Royce Hunt when he was available, he’s better than TPJ, probably on less money too. He has mongrel in him and can actually get over the advantage line
  95. Burgler

News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Considering Oloapu is prob 12-24 months off being a week in week out starting half. It makes sense. You’re not commiting to someone long term. Or signing a player in their mid twenties which would leave Oloapu second guessing where he fits in. Gives the halves a mentor and also if Reed gets...
  96. Burgler

News Ciraldo needs to have a long, hard look at his attack as Warriors blunt Bulldogs in impressive win

It’s hard to be too critical of a first year coach. I think it’s a scenario where the coach has to earn the respect of the players, especially the inner sanctum of the playing group while also trying to balance making tough decisions. If he comes in guns blazing then players morale drops and a...
  97. Burgler

News Manly ‘desperation signing’ done despite Dogs denials as Gould’s UK Flanagan offload bid revealed

Depends how Gould was asked the question he’s not lying if asked about Kyle being released because he may be looking at “swapping” him. Gould heavily denied letting go of cotric a few weeks before he was released and when you looked at his quote the way it was worded, you couldn’t call him a liar