Search results

1. Z

News Bulldog could spend season on sidelines in fresh headache for Barrett

I know Trent Barrett has met recently with Logen Dillon from the Tigers about coming back to the dogs, hopefully it happens kid has exceptional pace and is a try scorer, he was seen at Belmore few weeks back so hopefully we get him back from tigers
  2. Z

News The forgotten players: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Jack anslow- he is actually mick ennis’s father in law. Sean Skelton came from Nowra, glen frendo , Bankstown sports junior, Jeremy moors, east hills bulldogs junior.
  3. Z

Opinion Averillo??

He hasn’t been able to tackle well since he was a young kid at sports before he went to moorebank. What he does is either rush up and take nobody or he used to go for intercepts all the time, because he can’t hold his space and when you can’t tackle as a young kid it’s very hard to get out of...
  4. Z

Official Laundy Hotels announced as Major Sponsor of the Bulldogs

Good to see arthur back in the fold, when robbo coached 21’s to our grand final win, Arthur was was in the sheds at every game( that team had Barry ward, pat more, Sean Skelton , relf etc....), he was very close to bullfrog and the players loved him. Friday nights at the willows, robbo, baa...
  5. Z

No Source Matt Burton

I think it had a lot to do with warren McDonald, I was told talau and Dillon didn’t want to go but McDonald didn’t rate them and offered Dillon 6000, talau not much more and didn’t rate averillo either but after talau and Dillon left mark Hughes stepped in and kept averillo and warren McDonald...
  6. Z

No Source Matt Burton

His former Moore bank coach told me he played nrl trial against panthers at the start of year at fullback but fractured his jaw not sure how bad it was but he also told me he will be back with us next year.
  7. Z

No Source Matt Burton

Thanks mate, I really just call it as I see it, sometimes way of the mark with player asessments, i used to go and watch our junior reps, over the past 20 or so years, you get to know what your watching after a while, but I see a lot of our juniors as I go down to Hammondville oval as I’m just...
  8. Z

Hit list 2021

Hooker: josh cook, gun kid from south Sydney has speed, can hold the A defender on both his right and left side and is very Toey in his own right. Defensively sound.will have to wait his time if he stays behind cook at Souths.... ..centre:Mathew Timoko: peter mulholland found him and will...
  9. Z

No Source Matt Burton

Burton is very talented, a a young half who has time and runs the football. A few years ago we played the panthers in an sg ball grand final ,clearly there best players were burton, Stephen Crichton, Charlie Staines and spencer Lenin. We should have won our best players were jake averillo, tommy...
  10. Z

Opinion Thoughts on Averillo

My personal opinion is he should be in the halves with Foran. I persnonaaly think he is a better half than wakeham and is much quicker and a better kicker in general play and goal kicker. Wakeham is better defensively. I wouldn’t use jake as the 2 man in defence, isolated too much and will miss...
  11. Z

Opinion Thoughts on Averillo

What your seeing with jake is a kid who understands space in attack. look at our fullback and halves atm. Zelezniak , this guy is a dumb footballer, he thinks he is a tough guy trying to run over blokes all the time and he cant pass the football, also he has proved he is iffy under the high...
  12. Z

Jake Averillo

The kid understands spacing and where to get to on what tackle in attack, he’s a natural half. If you watch Lewis he doesn’t understand this, he’s all effort but you can see he has had poor coaching on his way through to nrl, and that’s why he’s so limited in attack, Averillo understands the...
  13. Z

Tolman

I agree about strong halves but we don’t have that, we have a kid who judging by last night in attack was purposely given the minority of ball and the guy who got majority of ball can’t attack, he is dead set there to kick bombs, and both would be worried about there own positions in the side...
  14. Z

Tolman

Has been a real trier as a player and defensively sound, but if dean pay isn’t screaming into his face at half time about getting out of the the play from tackle 3 onwards then pay really has no idea. Lewis nickname should be bomber , modern day Johnny peard we must just be picking him to put up...
  15. Z

News Teacher involved in Bulldogs sex scandal

I remember when Luke “Ricko” ricketson was going out with schoolgirls, got caught out trying to take a 15 year old year 10 girl into a nightclub. Nothing happened. Probably uncle nick made it go away. Not condoning our guys behaviour one bit, all the education these guys get and I believe they...
  16. Z

News Bulldogs fighting to keep young stars

A few weeks back I was at Moore bank sports club and Wakeham , Morrin, Averillo, talau and Dillon were sitting together in the bistro, spoke to them for about 10 minutes nice guys all of them, whisper was Dillon willbe back in blue and white next year.
  17. Z

Opinion Jake Averillo

Dont be too hard on the kid played all his juniors at fullback and in the halves only played Centre in a bit in sg ball and jersey Flagg. Kid is an out and out half, never been able to tackle real good , hence the turning in over many years in the juniors and he goes for intercepts all the time...
  18. Z

Official Round 23 Team List - Canterbury Cup and Jersey Flegg

guys can anyone tell me why averillos not playing in the halves in cc cup hes not a centre played all his junior footy in the halves and is better than all the young halves at the club
  19. Z

Holland-talau

He left because warren McDonnell offered him a shit contract for an aust schoolboy an look what’s happened McDonnells back at tigers
  20. Z

Round 21 Team List - Canterbury Cup and Jersey Flegg

Flegg were beaten today 24–14 by the tigers. forwards were badly dominated today they were terrible
  21. Z

Jersey Flegg - Round 19 - Team and Game Discussion

he might be quickest over 20 or 30 not a 100
  22. Z

2019 - Jersey Flegg - Draw, Results and Discussion Thread

Good luck to the boys Katoa wakeham but mat dooreys very lucky he is an average footballer at best someone must like him
  23. Z

Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with Bulldogs effective immediately.

Hope dwz turns out alright heard he is a dead set whinger off the field seen him play some good games and seen him play some rubbish only time will tell I think he’s a winger
  24. Z

Shane Flanagan

Nothing funny about it , what I posted, my cousin played in his side, and I saw him go around most weekends he was crap, but back in those days Rep teams had 3 selectors and a coach, and he would kiss arse massively trying to get a start. Kev Moore, Anthony Elias, peter gentle they will all tell...
  25. Z

Shane Flanagan

He played his junior footy for st George dragons in the Canterbury comp, Clemton park, he was hopeless never made Matt’s, ball, etc for us , he tried out all the time, but one thing in his favour was he was a massive suck hole, still happens today, you only need the right person in the right...
  26. Z

News Mass sackings at Bulldogs ahead of grudge match against Hasler

To think McDonnell gave sue 400, 000 a year when he was at west’s, make you wonder. Bluey is taking over from from Farrer, used to play for de la salle Bankstown, or Bankstown collegians they changed there name to, pretty sure he came through the same years as Justin Holbrook, Greg Dillon and...
  27. Z

Harold Matts - Grand Final - Team and Game Discussion

First time I seen this side play num 6 looks okay our most damaging player is nun 4 the knights were too good
  28. Z

has he unfortunately no one cares who wins junior rep footy it’s who can make the step up and the panthers are very disappointing
  29. Z

Why would we want Gould the panthers are the most over rated club going around
  30. Z

Harold Matts - Grand Final - Team and Game Discussion

First time I’ve seen the knights they look to big for the dogs
  31. Z

Jersey Flegg - Round 4 - Team and Game Discussion

tass looks very promising averillos got ability but needs to get involved more . got me doubts about clayton super quick . but ive seen games were he dosent do anything.hes played a couple of games in 2nds unfortunately wasn't up to it. but good luck to the kid only time will tell
  32. Z

Jersey Flegg - Round 3 - Team and Game Discussion

good to see we got the win but this was a battle of whoever had more of the ball was gunna win defence from both sides was very poor
  33. Z

Do we need time to get back to who we were?

Don't have a any inside info just what I know what I'm watching. I played the game not at the top level but close, and certainly seen some good players and very good juniors get passed over for whatever reasons etc and I dospeak with some guy's who were once spotters of talent etc.... (I'm in my...
  34. Z

Do we need time to get back to who we were?

The problem is this plain and simple. Cleal , whitney and McDonnell try to buy every islander boy they can. They sign them on stupid contracts, (normally 500-1000), there manager gives them a free pair of boots, pumps them full of shit about how good they are, mainly because playing in the park...
  35. Z

2019 - Jersey Flegg - Draw, Results and Discussion Thread

I know it was only a trial but very disappointing especially the forward pack badly dominated today by a smaller tigers pack
  36. Z

Aussie schoolboys game

Good on the boys, although sources tell me the standard of opposition they played wouldn't beat an under 15's rep side here, only problem with ryan gray is when he played sg ball and got a run in 20's, he gave away between 4-8 penalties a game because he couldn't win a tackle when defending, he...
  37. Z

Bulldogs sign the talented Jake Averillo

Averillo is a bankstown sports junior who played the last few years with Moorebank. Good speed, and vision, and a good goal kicker, his best spot is no doubt in the halves. Averillo and Dillon have played together for years and had a magic combination. Would have seen these two put on over 60 or...
  38. Z

We’re short on second rowers

Penrith happy to let this bloke go, shawn blore has been upgraded at the panthers they see him as every bit as good as young fifita at broncs, blore is 18, played isp a couple weeks ago, opposition couldn't tackle him, think he captained a nsw junir rep side this year, panthers see him as much...
  39. Z

Warren McDonnell

just want to say good luck to these boys its been a pleasure watching them in haroldmatts and sgball, talau for his toughness, averillo for his goal kicking and passing and dillon who has scored some of the most amazing tries and his pure speed. .im sure 1 if not all will be successful in the...
  40. Z

Warren McDonnell

actually that's not what I was told on the weekend apparently what happened was mcdonnell bought across a few kids from wests last year harding, valevatu, etc and looked after them pretty good and didn't tie up the local kids cause he thought they would just hang around for nothing, and the...
  41. Z

Warren McDonnell

I think talau just made Australian schoolboys and is a really tough hard competitive type player, won best & fairest for sgball this year, dillon was sgball leading try scorer, top 3 in tackle busts, metres gained and try assists in the whole comp, and averillo was second in sgball leading point...
  42. Z

Warren McDonnell

At the weekend one of our sydny shield players told me tommy talau and logen dillion signed with wests tigers and jake averillo with Parramatta. he said talau was being chased by tigers and storm and Dillon by rabbits, roosters, parra and tigers. he said averillo isn't happy about where he is...
  43. Z

Warren McDonnell

is the rumour I'm hearing at the syd shield true that McDonnell is to be sacked big fallout over losing the bulldogs top juniors and the whisper is the 20s coach gone as well can anyone confirm
  44. Z

Watch Keebra Park Games

I hope this kid has slipped through the broncos hands. because I know the broncos always get first crack at the talent at keebra
  45. Z

2018 Jersey Flegg Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

guys hopefully the rumour I'm hearing is not true the sgballs 3 best players talau averillo and dillon have signed with rival clubs if so well done mcdonald
  46. Z

2018 SG Ball - Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

got some talent this kid great speed and footwork only small but looks very hard to handle
  47. Z

didn't get to this one anyone good or the team just rubbish
  48. Z

ive never seen the kid play lets hope he goes good I know it says he made nsw but ive seen a few kids over the years make nsw junior sides and there average. lets hope he goes good
  49. Z

I see they kept the same forwards except tatola lets hope hes got a big engine cause there forwards need something see they kept the halves and moved one to fullback. the fullbacks a bit unlucky getting moved to the wing he was the only one who showed some spark in attack last week
  50. Z

yeh your right besides Dillon who looks like hes got great speed the side looks very slow. how many penalties did they give away on the 5th tackle. like you said no discipline someone told me they have a few younger blokes in the side maybe there not up to it. long year for them I think
  51. Z

iknow it was the first game but the forwards were terrible and looked so unfit. they were gassed after 10minutes holes galore up the middle. didn't win a play the ball. everything they did was in slow motion. the halves didn't go to good. probably cause the forwards got dominated. tough draw...
  52. Z

2018 Harold Matthews - Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

yeh I agree averillo but james I have my doubts about him I know hes younger but hates to tackle I think talau still has to come back in to the halves.
  53. Z

2018 Harold Matthews - Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

someone told me its his nephew should have made the side super fit big motor can play has mongrel in him the bulldogs don't like that they pick the unfit big kid who gets tired after 5 minutes
  54. Z

cheers mate looks like they've got a tough draw
  55. Z

yeh no 3 was picken he played well the backrower was topine the 6 and 1 went ok as well. good to see dean pay and Andrew farrar watching the kids play I was told wests will go close to finishing last . but they won well
  56. Z

Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

90per cent of players play injured each week if he was so bad they wouldn't of played him especially a young kid when it means nothing the sides coming last
  57. Z

no excuse he would've past a fitness test
  58. Z

I seen a lot of this kid last year I think its a bad signing . and age well brock lambs the same age
  59. Z

obviously you haven't seen cogger defend
  60. Z

it puts the players defending around him in too minds wether or not hes gunna miss all the time they don't wont to play with a guy like that. brenko lees a bad defender but hes still defends better than cogger and shows more with the ball
  61. Z

I was told his defence was to bad and he put to much pressure on the players around him the seniors players had enough
  62. Z

mate everyone knows the junior rep systems I suggest people on here should get the tapes of him last year and see how good he is not. and the junior rep system everyone knows it political I wouldn't go to much on that
  63. Z

anybody who watched this kid play a handful of first grade games will see this kid is rubbish what a waste of a signing people will say hes only 20 but the kid has nothing even brown said he wasn't up to it
  64. Z

Jack cogger.

ok forget the too small cogger is a human turnstile didn't make a tackle last year missed a thousand. very slow as well. kicking game rubbish. we will buy him he wont even make first grade. and sezer is poo
  65. Z

Jack cogger.

got to disagree with ya guys jack cogger is rubbish too small too slow cannot tackle at all kicking game rubbish and sezer is so overrated he runs around and does nothing backward step signing him
  66. Z

did anyone see this trial were there any standouts for the dogs
  67. Z

2017 Harold Matts

the kids got ability but I think he will struggle to make the starting sgball side next year
  68. Z

2017 SG Ball

Congrats to Brandon, watched them all year and him and katoa, clearly bulldogs best for the year.Yesterday went out to liverpool to watch schoolboy reps, and looking at the program i think we had 5 kids involved in the sydney south west team, sakuru, sua, dillon, talau and averillo. Being semi...
  69. Z

2017 SG Ball

I agree with a lot of what you say except I've watched this side all year and the young winger your talking about is the one shining light to come out of this sg ball season, he made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he also scored a try and set one up with an 80 meter break again, he has made...
  70. Z

2017 Harold Matts

THIS SIDE WERE VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING
  71. Z

2017 SG Ball

I think there gone will be shattered after that loss
  72. Z

2017 SG Ball

Parra were just too strong all over the park but I was told parra dropped 5 players back from under20s. To play in this .parra and cronulla must have good weights programs completely different body shapes to the bulldogs
  73. Z

2017 SG Ball

this side have had an easy draw and havent played the better sides yet
  74. Z

2017 SG Ball

there attacks alot better with dillon and averillo in the side
  75. Z

2017 SG Ball

mate got to disagree with you there dillon and averillo better choices they offer more
  76. Z

2017 SG Ball

Out the back of morrie breen i watched the sg ball warm up. First thing i noticed was a white kid warm up that was 15 kilos lighter than everyone else. As they went through the warm up i noticed how quick he was compared to the others ,the backs im talking about , well that was the end of my...
  77. Z

2017 SG Ball

trekked up the coast to watch our juniors run around yesterday, and what i saw was totally dissapointing. Granted our matts side had a lot of injuries, players missing etc.... they were disgraceful, no direction, poor defence and the amount of hogs in this side is astonishing. Remember people...
  78. Z

2017 Harold Matts

THIS SIDE WOULD WANT TO PULL THERE FINGER OUT FAVS AT THE START OF THE YEAR 1 OR 2 MORE LOSSES THEY WONT EVEN MAKE THE 8