Search results

1. K

Comparing our 2023 middles with our 2024 middles.

With our lack of good middle forwards, it might be worth comparing our rostered 23 middles with our current rostered 24 middles. 2023; TPJ; contributed very little no great loss. Thompson...
  2. K

How will our beloved club fare in 2024.

For the last few years I and others have been looking forward to next year, I'm not so sure that all of us are now looking forward to "next year." any more. Of the few potential No'7 at our club I'm confident that 1 will be serviceable, our bigest weekness is our middle forwards, but their is...
  3. K

Looking for a light at the end of the tunnell,

While we all know that the team needs some massive changes, I am not convinced that players like Skelton, Ward and a few of the forwards would make any difference at the present time. Its possible that Gus and Ciro are just wating and "hoping" that some of our reserves will develope into...
  4. K

The only possible light at the end of the tunnel.

While we all know that the team needs some massive changes, I am not convinced that players like Skelton, Ward and a few of the forwards would make much difference at the present time. Its possible that Gus and Ciro are just wating and "hoping" that some of our reserves will develope into...
  5. K

Call one of the clubs top officials the other day, and asked a few questions.

(1) Has Sele been signed answer No. (2) Are we looking at signing Hunt "answer" only if he want's out of the dragons. which is now the case. ( 3) are we signing any porps, "answer" our junior teams are doing well we have some good Juniors, we have also set up a few junior nuseries including in...
  6. K

Time for Gus to step in;

Last year when TBaz was struggling badly Gus stepped in for our game against the rotters and we managed to jag the win. I believe that if Gus took over for 1 game it would make a world of difference.
  7. K

Team to play the cows:

1 Perham 2 Kiraz 3 Skelton if deemed to be redy otherwise Burns 4 Alamoti 5 JAC 6 Burton 7 Oloapo or Kaleb if one is deemed to be ready otherwise Avo. 8 King 9 Mahoney 10 Sutton only if Pele TPJ are not ready 11 Kkau 12 Preston 13 RFM 14 15 16 17 depending on injuries with our depth been so...
  8. K

Fox NRL season Preview.

Their predictor has us finishing 15, how about that.
  9. K

Getting bored waiting for next Tuesday avo, so I thought I'd start with the team I would choose.

1 Averillo, I think he is the better player, although CC will pick Perham who is better at organising the defence. 2 JAC. 3 Alamoti, a big body with plenty of potential. 4 Burns, best we've got untill Skelton has had a few more games. 5 Kiraz, 6 Burton, 7 Reynolds, I'd start with him and...
  10. K

Why I think we badly need a decent half.

This would be a nice comparison for who were at the game and those who understand the game better than me Flamingo was playing behind a very dominent pack. Hastings was playing behind a pack which was badly dominated.
  11. K

Sack Fittler

With every likelhood of Gus wanting him to coach, and most fans against it, someone has to start this thread.
  12. K

I blame those in control of the NRL and not coaches for some clubs poor preformances.

IMHO some clubs have at least a 20% salary cap advantage over others, like (1) CH9 favourits the Roosters backed by several ruthless billionairs. (2) The Storm is backed by News LTD who provide much of the finance the NRL need. (3) Penrith and their hugh junior Nusiery
  13. K

Barrett

The way I see it for Barrett is that because we were going so bad, because of that every game was a must win for him, he could not or would not show some patientce, and build slowly which is what had to be done IMO, after the Hassler TOTAL destruction of our club. The concept of a quick fix was...
  14. K

Trent Rome wasn't built in a day you know.

Why not give the tallanted BBO at 7 in our CC team.
  15. K

The importance of a top coach:

Could our club win the comp with our current roster if Ballamy was coach.
  16. K

Bellamy

Could our club win the comp with our current roster if Ballamy was coach.
  17. K

Wishing all our supporters a happy Xmas and a great 2022.

I was looking forward to 2021 so I wont allow myself to be to optomistic for 2022, 2021 was just to dishartning of us fans and a disaster for the club
  18. K

The pros and cons of letting good over paid players go.

Letting Cotric go to back to Canbera with 2 years left on his contract and very probably paying some of his contract might be a gamble. However over the years I've seen many situations where an over paid but underproferming player causes the better preforming players on half the money to become...
  19. K

The value of a top coach:

The 2 couching masterclass displays which were so obvious to me last weekend when the top 4 teams met. Old Benny giving Ivan a leson in coaching he will probably never forget. Bellamy also giving Hasler a lesson he is unlikely to forget either.
  20. K

A way of moving Flanagan on diplomaticaly.

Now that the club has moved Elliot on withou creating much fuss, it should try to move Flanagan on as well. If the club still has some money left over from the 2021 cap, why not offer Flanagan 100K or $200Ks to move on. while informing him that he will only be on the bench for the CC if he...
  21. K

RULE CHANGES AND MORE RULE CHANGES

I dont know whats happening with he game ratings at present, It might be possible that the networks are pushing for thses rule changes due to loss of ratings. Saw Trent Barrets mid week press conference he is opposed to this neww 7 tackle set if the ball is kicked into touch, said what we all...
  22. K

Just a thought

Many want to see Flanagan gone, its obvious that he is a waste of presious cap money. I'd be very supprised if any NRL club would want him for love or money, but how about talking him up and try to swap him with a half playing in the SL. The slower pace of the SL should suit him better and it...
  23. K

Proof of corruption:

By penalising , sin bining or sending off players, based on their reputitionand and not on the actuall incident, the NRL is clearly allowing the referies to decide games. I can understand the need for a points system at the judicery, but when a player is penalised ,sin bined or sent off because...
  24. K

The need to sign Forwards.

With B Smith playing hard to get, JMK re-signed and BBO showing promise. Our club should now focus on signing at least 2 good middle forwards. All the talk of TPJ appears to be going nowhere, If anyone has some inside info on TPJ please share. As for other signings, I would like us get Tapau...
  25. K

HOW OUR CLUB COULD MAKE A POSITIVE STATEMENT

Our club now has an opportunity to take a strong stance and make a positive statement. (1) sack 4 of the players who didn't follow covit protocol. (2) Immediately announce the signing of TPJ, and Tapau or some other middle forward, (certainly not Vaughn, Klemmer or Woods). Getting rid of 4...
  26. K

If our club had to chose between TPJ and SJ for the same money who would you chose.

I realise the club would be taking a risk with either. I would chose TPJ simply because we need Middle forwards more than we need a half.
  27. K

Buying the top teams rejects;

Are we ever going to match it with the top clubs by buying their rejects. An easy example is Napa and Flanno, I would like nothing more than to dominate the rotters, yet we help them by buying their rejects at the cost in all of over $1M per season, combined between the 2, over $3M in 5 years. I...
  28. K

THE RUNNING GAME

Just a thought, it appears to me that the more successful teams this year are playing a much more running type game, than in the recent years. The panthers have been the best at it for far, but some of the other teams appear to be catching up. Those who were around the late 70's early 80's like...