Search results

1. O

News Woods on BSB this morning

Don't know if anyone else heard it this morning but Woodsy was on the programme. He does a weekly segment by phone with TK and Loz. Without getting too much into the nitty gritty I thought the one key comment he made in the interview was when he was asked about the difference when behind on the...
  2. O

Third Party Agreements

It was interesting to find out that our TPA's are nowhere near what the Donkeys ($2m), Rorters ($1.5m) Wabbits or Cows are (not sure how much the last 2 are but it is way over us). We are way less than $500k. Effectively that means the top 2 clubs have the ability to sign an extra 4 or 5 blokes...
  3. O

Cogger and Meaney

I know a lot of people have had some strong views about these two young blokes but you can take it as read that the club thinks they are both good young players and will add to our team next year. Unlike Mbye who just wasn't a genuine FB despite being a good athlete, the view is that Meaney is a...
  4. O

RFM - and now the bad news

Not only has RFM busted his hand but he has also done his knee. It now looks unlikely he will play again this year. So with Woods, Foran, Mbye and now RFM gone this is going to be a really tough end to the season.
  5. O

Who is in our top 30

I can finally say with some certainty who is in our top 30 that we may not have thought so. Apart from all the regulars who have played FG this year it includes Lewis, Cleeland and Ogden in the top 30. I've seen their lockers. Only hole we have now is for Woods who cleaned out his locker this...
  6. O

Hey NRL - How about publishing a list of the top 30 of every club at the beginning of the season

The issue of who is and who isn't in our (or any teams) top 30 is really annoying me. We have websites that may or may not be accurate. We have "insiders" who may or may not be right and we now have players who don't actually know what's going on. Surely it isn't that hard before round 1 each...
  7. O

It's all about the speed

All this going backwards and forwards over who should be coming and who is going has got me thinking about what our real problem is when you look at the modern game. the best way to look at it is to compare what we have with what the top teams have and see where we are short. We have plenty of...
  8. O

Montoya's performance compared to other wingers

I watched the game last night between a struggling broncos and a pathetic Eels and amongst all of that I couldn't help but notice the performances of all 4 wingers on the field compared to Montoya. The speed of French, Jennings and Isaako, the power of Oates, the physicality that all 4 put into...
  9. O

Training shirt colours

Am I right in assuming that those who are in the FG primary squad wear their bulldogs shirts at training, while the likely ISP players wear yellow and those who are on the injured (do not tackle) list have pink/red shirts? If that is correct then does that mean Eastwood is going to be dropped...
  10. O

Squad Fitness

Just had a look at the latest photos of the boys training in Perth. Maybe its my imagination but it seems to me that Tolman and Eastwood look a whole lot fitter this season than last year. Maybe they might just go a bit better than a lot of people think this season...
  11. O

Foran is good to go

Star Canterbury recruit Kieran Foran on track to start 2018 after returning to full-contact training MATT LOGUE, The Daily Telegraph an hour ago Subscriber only STAR Canterbury recruit Kieran Foran is on track to start the season at five-eighth after returning to full-contact training. Bulldogs...
  12. O

2017 By The Numbers

2017 by the Numbers Author Paul Zalunardo & Chris Kennedy Timestamp Tue 12 Dec 2017, 03:00 PM Share on social media Share via Facebook Share via Twiiter Share via Reddit Share via Email Canterbury Bulldogs 2017 Season in Review Numbers only tell part of the tale. In NRL.com’s club-by-club...
  13. O

Smarter Third Party Agreements

I was interested to read that puff piece this morning about the Qatari Sheik wanting to buy into the NRL, not so much because he will be a white knight but because it only reinforces what I have been thinking and saying about smart TPA's. Someone wrote in another post about Dib's connections to...
  14. O

Nu Brown's interview

Have you seen the interview by Zap with Nu Brown that popped up on the members site yesterday? Seems pretty clear from what Brown said that he came here to be a half and that he has some expectations around being the halves partner with Foran. Given he has a reasonable history with Lichaa which...
  15. O

NFL v NRL are there really any lessons to be learned from study tours?

OK, so yesterday I went to the NY Giants v LA Chargers game at Metlife stadium. It got me thinking about all these study tours coaches/players do over here in the off season and whether there is really anything that can be learned. Let me say this is my second game at Metlife and I have enjoyed...
  16. O

Will Pay bring a new perspective on the players that have been caned here?

Now that everyone is back on board with Lichaa having talent again, despite apparently having none for the past 2 years, are we prepared to accept that most of the other players that have copped a hiding on here may just be pretty good players as well and will show that talent under the new...
  17. O

At belmore today

Well the weather is great. It's an hour to kick off and the hill is filling up. About 4000 or so here so far. Unfortunately the reggies are getting belted. Only ones doing ok are griffin, tuomaga and Carr. Neither halves or hookers doing much. We keep dropping the ball every set. Saw kas today...
  18. O

Connor Watson to Tigers.

People on here have been talking about this young bloke and questioning why we haven't signed him. I was 'lucky' enough to overhear a conversation between a couple of league heavyweights a couple of days ago and the conversation was about how the Tigers were signing him and the price was $600k a...
  19. O

Have We Turned the Corner?

I've been replaying some of the comments from the Forum in my head over the past few days (I know - nothing else in there) around what Des and Tolman were on about. They kept pounding the 'defence wins comps' theme with most of their answers and at the time I thought it was a bit unusual to...
  20. O

The Bulldogs Member Forum Thread

Well sitting here waiting for forum to start. Fun personally greeting every. Had a chat to tolman. He's pretty positive. Don't see too many young ins here. Most have snow on roof and know each other. They have a PowerPoint with a heap of questions they are no doubt going to show and talk to.
  21. O

Did no-one notice how many of our forwards rotated during the game?

I thought by now someone would have mentioned the fact that 3 of our forwards who usually go 80 minutes a game or near enough actually had time on the bench yesterday. Graham came off around the 23 min mark and didn't come on until later in the second half and both Elliott and Jackson had...
  22. O

Montoya v Holland

OK, time to admit I was wrong. Montoya today really stamped himself as a strong winger. He showed pace I haven't seen before, some of his defence was almost Haz like in its timing and he ran strongly all game. He was rightly rewarded with a try at the end. He is now in my view streets ahead of...