Search results

1. diddly

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

So his manager - before all this - made it known he was available to be signed but had no takers - hard to see how he could get a ten year career n earn 4mill if that was the case. Could a defence call the recruitment manager of each club and ask would they sign Topine and if so for how much?
  2. diddly

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Wonder if it was it his first indiscretion - first time being late?
  3. diddly

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

ex dog Lewis is not playing for canberra
  4. diddly

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Only recall seeing the backrower cyrus stanley play last year - outstanding - pretty sure they lost but he was best on field
  5. diddly

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

IMHO - at the same time in careers Woods has the highest ceiling - skill wise he is probably ready for open age footy BUT physically im not sure if he has developed enough (growth/ training etc) to cope with the physicality at that level. Oneil is a good footy player - defends. kicks n...
  6. diddly

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Liam Knights comments after the game were very impressive
  7. diddly

Most of the utilities all stated as halves - Mann Salmon Hayward Taaffe. Is Joash P fit - seems to have lost pace.
  8. diddly

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

Brad Abbey blitzed the Dogs in RM Cup on the weekend
  9. diddly

Havent seen the Dragons sgball team play this year but based on what i saw of Cyrus Stanley-Trail last season he will be a big threat
  10. diddly

Iv only seen Tia in two games - both games he kicked extremely well n was robust in attack n defence - overplayed his hand a little. Spot on re defence being the priority - both preston n mann back who gets left out from the 16 who played well yesterday
  11. diddly

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Preston n mann back for next game. Can't see Hutchinson being in top 20 let alone 17 His strength is meant to be footy IQ but keeps doing a Tolman creating kick pressure on Burton. Hayward, mann, salmon taaffe Tracey all started n the halves.
  12. diddly

Hard to be critical with Reggies very dominant. Knights poor. Not sure if joash p isn't fit but seems to have lost a lot of speed. Plenty of opportunities today but didn't show much.
  13. diddly

BBO reserve for NSW Cup Samrani playing Ron Massey cup with Rajab - big hints for players in fulltime squad
  14. diddly

Both Rogers n Spinks improved significantly after the first game.
  15. diddly

2024 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Is Matt lodge wearing a hair piece?
  16. diddly

Immigration debate

The rich side - our housing commission had floors - we started on the Herne Bay side in the army barracks - went to narwee boys
  17. diddly

Immigration debate

The peakhurst side - 60s n 70s
  18. diddly

Immigration debate

I grew up in Riverwood, a fibro housing commission place. Wasn't until I I moved away did I realise how "challenging" it was.
  19. diddly

Harrison Edwards on the move?

dev contracts can play fg at any time no waiting period
  20. diddly

2024 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

There were a number of times in two games - Badger and Gough refereeing - when it seemed they lost control of the game - seemed to be intimidated by the players to the point of confusion n distress.
  21. diddly

First round game the dogs dominated until the bench was used - very lightweight at the time - both teams n coaches would have been improved since then would assume
  22. diddly

Flegg big win over the ladder leaders raiders 38 to 12
  23. diddly

18 zip - hopefully continues - having watched them a lot this year they can be very hot n cold!
  24. diddly

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Add to that - he takes himself out of being a fifth tackle kicking option - more pressure on Burton. If the 17 who played on Friday plus 18th man and Morrin n Taaffe are available - Hutchison be in the top 17? His strength is meant to be his kicking n footy iq - neither of which has been on...
  25. diddly

Opinion Goal Kicking the difference!

Could also argue that the general kicking game was the biggest difference - kicking on the fourth giving Melbourne field position, Hutchison getting tackled on fifth n thus making it easier for Melbourne to pressure Burton and Burton unable to kick to the corners consistently gave Melbourne...
  26. diddly

Not sure whether injuries or other reasons but both Sgball n Flegg have made changes to teams today - hopefully the players getting a game step up.
  27. diddly

Opinion Patolo

I wonder if Hughes wasn't binned if patolo would have got a second stint. Re run metres for middles kiraz, xerrie more than makes up for it.
  28. diddly

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Jake turpin starting at lock
  29. diddly

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Harry Grant is all the creativity they need.
  30. diddly

Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

Based on last years form i would have thought Wong would be one of the roosters first chosen each week - forwards like Todd Hopoi Morrin all have a go - effort players but they would be so much better with a couple of big bodies around them - hopefully Suluka fifita n Hughes can fill that void -...
  31. diddly

Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

Siu Wong would be good - cant get a run in fg at roosters
  32. diddly

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Hayes started at the club as a fb/ wing/ centre -usually plays left side - moved into the back row where he is more suited - worker but does have a good offload.
  33. diddly

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

The effect of Kikau's kick chase became really evident in jun reps after first grade season started - players emulating the "big boys" in the club. There is far mor quality across the squads than has been the case for over a decade - there have been players like Wakeham Topine Talau Averillo...
  34. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Did RFM have pneumonia last year?
  35. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Whilst Hutchison n Salmon have limitations a lot of their defensive efforts are impressive
  36. diddly

Round 6 - Slim Pickings

Did tracey arrive at the club with calf issue?
  37. diddly

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

The second rowers i believe had the wrong numbers - only saw the nswrl highlights but pretty sure it was Harry Hayes scoring the try - both he and Vale are good workers.
  38. diddly

In the Flegg games iv seen Cassius Tia kicked extremely well - huge boot and very accurate
  39. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Any updates on kikau, king, tracey injuries from Gould?
  40. diddly

Damon Marshall getting a run in NSW cup.
  41. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

The flegg game got postponed so good opportunity for them - maybe ensure the reggies needed for next week eg Poasa Knight etc dont play dont get injured /suspended
  42. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Good to know that the game will be played and that players from flegg will be getting a run at this level
  43. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Helps running off good halves who play both sides of the field as Woods n Conti often do
  44. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Check the dates of jun rep finals - i think (could be wrong) there is week off for some reason
  45. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Udeh will hopefully get a bit taller. Seems to make the defence miss him with ease. Zaidas m does a lot of really effective things, if he can cut back a little on mistakes, has flair n makes things happen.
  46. diddly

Where is Xerri?

I agree - he has shown a number of times in the first few regies games that he has the acceleration to put a lot of pressure on defense. Agree that his defence has been poor at times but will hopefully improve - left wing outside kikau n chrichton - surely his defence will improve and mistakes...
  47. diddly

News Team Tips vs Roosters

KK has a great off one arm offload - just needs to choose well when to use it.
  48. diddly

Bunnies 3 2 1

No idea if he is disgruntled, or the club not happy - maybe his attitude/antics are just his personality - based on his first few runs , defence on Friday he didnt seem fit enough to be playing - hesitant at best both sides of the ball. one defensive effort he just didnt chase.
  49. diddly

Bunnies 3 2 1

Well said - he was a liability when on the field - yes he did well with the Burton try but apart from that was avoiding tackling and as you alluded to his hit ups were soft. Pre season training some of his efforts were questionable imo.
  50. diddly

Probable team to face the Roosters in Round 5

Like to see xerri on the left wing with chrichton n kikau on his inside - who better to learn how to defend on an edge with. Needs some power running from the backfield
  51. diddly

. Agree with a lot in your summary. Zaidas started the season in sgball - some very effective things with the ball - but over did it at times. The fullback - not sure if he was hooked on Friday but at times he seems hesitant to engage in the collision - particularly defensively - seems to arrive...
  52. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Both Mooney and Guler played Reggies this week.
  53. diddly

He seems to be doing what he needs to do at this level. Game against Penrith not his best, but did score a try through determination. Mobile n with size, still another year at flegg. Not seen him completely dominate. At times, Seve in sgball completely dominates opposition, doesn't play big...
  54. diddly

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

The first player touching the ball generally goes sideways, but they dont have to. The problems are exacerbated if dummy half goes sideways first receiver (lock) goes sideway, second receiver (half) goes sideways. In the first four games Hutchison has been in half holes but doesnt have the pace...
  55. diddly

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

IMO the attack is stifled more having too many ball players - or players try to ball play - Mann Salmon Hutchison Mahoney - going sideways. May as well play Mann or Taafe at half.
  56. diddly

Watching the NSW Cup highlights - Xerri must be close to fg based on the speed he can generate in attack - defence surely is getting better
  57. diddly

Zaidas M does some good things but as he did in sgball early this season tends to overplay it. Thought Elijah M was good. I assume the fullback was hooked midway second half - doesnt seem to interested
  58. diddly

Its definitely Zaidas M (i cant spell his first or second name) - left wing is Braye Porter, not Tukuafu
  59. diddly

Reserve grade is a mystery - players on their way out realising their opportunities have passed them by, players on clear direct instruction to work on one aspect of the game "stay in that lane", part timers filling in and perennial reserve graders happy just to be part of it - result of the...
  60. diddly

The nsw cup side havent played well in the two games iv seen - factors both Tetavano n Patolo coming back from long breaks out doesnt help with rotations n balance but most disappointing have been some of the individual defensive efforts by players imo.
  61. diddly

The dogs website has all 13 - Todd is listed as a reserve !!!!! - Hoffman Tetavano on the bench ahead of him - dont understand that - Poasa Patolo Edwards starting middles - highly likely more changes before kick off.
  62. diddly

Kiks in doubt for Friday

THis time last year the options were Okunbor Waddel n Topine
  63. diddly

Kiks in doubt for Friday

May be Salmon on the edge - keep Curran at 13? Poasa as an added prop makes sense - Knight looked better against Titans than he has in reggies. Kautoga must also be close
  64. diddly

Does anyone know who scouts for talent for the bulldogs in qld?
  65. diddly

He played right centre. Aggressive runner. Has been an improved, like to see how he goes with early ball, rather than just yardage plays.
  66. diddly

Very little possession early on, had to do heap of defence n didn't really get into the game. Were really good week before. A few poor individual defensive efforts, lack of, didn't help.
  67. diddly

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

I agree he seems all over the place at training at times. Don't know how or if it effects coaches or players.
  68. diddly

Based on yesterday the fullback in Flegg has "Sloan defensive vibes" - arrives just a second or two late to engage in the tackle. May be just an off day
  69. diddly

Bulldogs Commit to Three More Years of Tackling Sports Betting Advertising

My understanding is that the "reclaim" themes is not about ending gambling, but educating about it - regardless I doubt Vlandys (ie the NRL,) would like the cubs position. More rich bookmakers than punters, more rich owners of poker machines than users of poker machines.
  70. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Iv nt seen enough of Mooney to have an opinion on how good he might be BUT he has a few in front of him at Canberra -Mariota, Horsbrough, Guler, Papali, Tapine, Puru, Smithies Saulo and the Raiders are light on in the backs. Is Mooney from western Sydney?
  71. diddly

Let's talk about our defense.

Watching jun reps yesterday - the kick chasers seem to have been inspired by Kikaus efforts. Is it that markers making good decisions and putting in the effort are a key to Dogs defensive structure?
  72. diddly

Sgball ht 28 to zip. Dogs in front
  73. diddly

Ht matts up 28 nil. In sgball dogs have a Jorgensen playing centre. I know they tried to sign the waratah Jorgensen awhile back. Does anyone know about this Jorgensen?
  74. diddly

Joash was poor - worst iv seen him play - KK was good, Xerrie good with the ball but some soft defence - BBO kicked out on the full led to a try missed tackle led to a try. Perham terrible both side of the ball. Jack Todd / Hopoi were busy but neither dominate in tackles yet at this level...
  75. diddly

Poor team performance forwards, despite some working hard were dominated with n without ball. Bbo perham Hoffman going backwards.Joash P his worse game in NSW cup. Kitione did some good things, xerrie strong with the ball but defending struggled.
  76. diddly

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

Remind how pathetic the website is
  77. diddly

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

Iv basically given up trying to get the club to communicate with the general fan base - occasionally they have put things on website after an email requesting - the email below may be the most likely if they were to be bombarded with emails asking for website content to be kept up to date...
  78. diddly

Salary Sacrifice Car Rental - Attention: Blue_Boost

In the initial agreement there would be (or was when i was salary sacrificing) an agreed amount - for me it was 40% of the initial cost so if i bought /leased $50k car i would be up for $20K to keep the car
  79. diddly

Keep them honest - squeeze them before they squeeze you -Have you done a comparison of interest rates - or if you just paid cash for acar with no borrowing /leasing? When i was leasing it was worthwhile for me because of tax thresholds etc but for others i worked with it there was no benefit...
  80. diddly

SGball are very hot n cold - llok great for parts of games and then just drop off in intensity
  81. diddly

I did salary sacrifice for a car and superannuation - and there are plenty of benefits with both (more with super) - but a couple of potential downsides that are never clear when signing up 1. The initial cost of the car - are you getting the best deal? 2. Any interest. and if so, what rate for...
  82. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Different sizes and having balance - on the assumption they can all play - dogs problem too many smaller ball playing types not enough tough nut run hard tackle hard big bodies - Salmon Mann Morrin Curran Mahoney on the field at the same time wont work too often
  83. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

Without the 17th team the 38 players at the Dolphins would have be signed to the other 16 clubs - Flegler Kaufusi Gilbert Bromwich Nichols Hammer etc
  84. diddly

Thanks, he had a few suspensions last year as well.
  85. diddly

Skelton injured? or suspended? other? - not named anywhere
  86. diddly

THe upside of SGball not making semis ( hope they do make it - win last two games they are in ) - Woods n Seve may go to Flegg earlier.
  87. diddly

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Terrel May was very good at the end of last season - his first two games this season ok - Taylan May has been very good for Penrith in the centres. I wouldnt be surprised if clubs looking for middles are more interested in Stefano U from Tigers - the get out clause if they dont make the semis...
  88. diddly

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Taylan May has been very good first two games -
  89. diddly

Barakat was 14 - ended up playing fb after centre was injured
  90. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

their half back helps
  91. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

At this point id take an average middle with size
  92. diddly

I was there earlier - Flegg game was high quality
  93. diddly

Havent seen the NSW Cup game, does anyone know how Knight played - did he continually slow /stop before the line ? - his stats looked pretty good - who from Patolo Tetevano Knight are likely to get promoted?
  94. diddly

Official Gus on Twitter

I am as disappointed as anyone with resuts in fg and I dont understand some of the top 30 signings - didnt understand some of the signings last year either BUT the improvement in HM SGball N Flegg is significant. Ciraldo Gould Khoury etc were all at Chester Hill this morning watching Flegg -...
  95. diddly

i gree with you re the size of most props coming through with exception of Seve and Underhill - both decent size but not so big that their mobility is limited
  96. diddly

Flegg were excellent in high quality game. Marshall and AJ Jones have an old style tackling style, some great hits from both, not sure if it fits the catch n hold ethos of modern day game. Marshall played most of game, Underhill was also good.