Search results

1. oldpuppy

Belmore Sports Ground saints vs bulldogs 1979

Just came across this footage whilst randomly youtube surfing. Seems Iike it begins with a women's exhibition match followed by Men's first grade. Not much analysis of game and shame no audio, but awesome footage nevertheless. Wonder if this was meant for a documentary or intended for...
  2. oldpuppy

Defence and Urgency

Titans 3rd try at the 2min of clip mark was pathetic on our part. How did 2 titans find space amongst a tight blind side that had enough defenders to extinguish that little raid. It was a 5 sec sequence of comical defensive reads from 5 players. We talk about our lack of attack but that...
  3. oldpuppy

Team next week

4. oldpuppy

GI BS NRL WTF

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-cameron-smith-greg-inglis-state-of-origin-comeback-kevin-walters-queensland-maroons/news-story/02c90288f8a20c42648e9121dfbd9547 Wasn't this guy medically retired and souths got salary cap exemption? Ok super league...
  5. oldpuppy

Montoya. Is he Serious?

I get it we don't have class in the backline. But at the 57 sec mark on video link, WTF Montoya. Should the touch judge go above and beyond and notify him there's a movement on? He wasn't even interested in the next moment when averillo fumbled in goal. I have no idea if this guy has the desire...
  6. oldpuppy

Rd 3 Dogs vs Manly 3-2-1

1 toomaga 1 averillo 1 RFM Shoutout to the paper crowd who stayed back for the presentation.
  7. oldpuppy

Classic test match

Yesterday caught the last few minutes of old test match on fox between AU vs NZ. Kiwis score late try miss the goal and have slim chance to at least equalise with another try on one of the last plays. Movement goes to the right to Sam Perret and as a winger he steps inside to avoid getting...
  8. oldpuppy

Greece make first World Cup after thumping Serbia

Modern Greek history: Greece make first World Cup after thumping Serbia Author NRL.com Timestamp Sun 10 Nov 2019, 09:35 AM Share on social media Share via Facebook Share via Twiiter Share via Whats-app Share via Reddit Share via Email Greece have created history in fine style by thumping...
  9. oldpuppy

WWSC

We are morals to get the wooden spoon. So I'm thinking of a new concept of the wooden Spooners of the NRL playing the wooden Spooners of Super League. World Wooden Spoon Championship. Conditions are that the club that loses is that the governing body of the game uses it's powers to dismiss...
  10. oldpuppy

Recruitment

With all this talk about us being linked to every off contracted star, we are talikng about who to let go to accommodate them. I have a hunch we won't land anybody. No Tedesco, Foran, Cronk,. My guess is as good as anybodys but when it's been mentioned offloading the morris twins, graham or...
  11. oldpuppy

The Morris connection

I don't know what to make of this pairing. Both outstanding players but when they play together on the same side of the field i feel complacency sets in. It seems like they don't read each other well. Last year Rona as left center was paired with Brett and they looked very potent and fluent...
  12. oldpuppy

Dogs vs Knights

I've been informed that the scoreboard attendant will not be required for this game. Nor will there be golden point extra time. And there will not be any highlights replayed after the game as there won't be any during the duration of the game.
  13. oldpuppy

We need another legend on the board!!!

This is indeed a sad day for me as a bulldog supporter. We have lost a godfather figure in Steve Mortimer. His resignation leaves a huge void. Where to now?. I need a father figure on the board. A club legend to carry the mantle on my behalf as a fan. I won't beat around the bush on my...
  14. oldpuppy

I'm ashamed

Hello all! Longtime lurker of this forum. Longtime bulldog fan from 1974. I'll keep this short as I possibly can given the evolution of my beloved football team. I admire a lot of members here with their sound knowledge of the game and club. Always giving me an insight and hearing it about my...