Search results

1. red-dog

News CODE NRL Salary Cap Analysis

PLAYER WORTH 1 Blake Taaffe $380,000 2 Jacob Kiraz $410,000 3 Stephen Crichton $1 million 4 Matt Burton $650,000 5 Josh Addo-Carr $480,000 6 Drew Hutchison $320,000 7 Toby Sexton $260,000 8 Sam Hughes $390,000 9 Reed Mahoney $550,000 10 Liam Knight $400,000 11 Viliame Kikau...
  2. red-dog

Breakout star of 2024?

We can all agree that Preston was just about the only good thing to come out of 2023. What's everyone's predictions about who (if anyone) will be the breakout star for 2024?
  3. red-dog

Lack of Bench Minutes

One of the reasons we have faded out of matches this year is due to the lack of rotation with our bench. - Against Tigers, our bench played for a combined 92 minutes (with Okonbur playing 0 minutes) whilst Tigers bench played for 172 minutes. - Against Warriors, our bench played for a...
  4. red-dog

Centres for 2023

One of the questions for 2023 is who will be the starting centres. I can't see them debuting both Alimoti & Skelton next season so i wonder how Ciraldo will line them up. Hayze Perham perhaps? Move Kiraz into centre? Surely not another season of Braidon Burns.
  5. red-dog

The merry-go-around to get Mahoney early

This stuff with Brandon Smith and pushing for an early release could really help us potentially get Mahoney early (2022) with the news that Parra are interested in Verills. If Storm release Brandon Smith early to go Roosters, they'll release Verills early to go Eels who will hopefully release...
  6. red-dog

The last time each club played finals footy

Team Year Panthers 2020 Storm 2020 Eels 2020 Roosters 2020 Raiders 2020 Rabbithos 2020 Knights 2020 Sharks 2020 Sea Eagles 2019 Broncos 2019 Warriors 2018 Dragons 2018 Cowboys 2017 Bulldogs 2016 Wests Tigers 2011 Titans 2010
  7. red-dog

Where are the Captain's sprays?

Watching the dogs you feel like there is a serious lack of accountability within the team, and none of the senior guys like Jackson holding players accountable. Perfect example was yesterday in the first half; Okonbur and Napa were playing like dog shit yet nothing was said to them. Why isn't...
  8. red-dog

2022 spine - predictions

What's everyones predictions for next year's spine (assuming we don't sign anyone)? As it stands right now it seems 1. Allan 6. Burton 7. Averillo 9. Marshall-Smith I would like to see Averillo at fullback with a more dominant 7 but I could see him gelling with Burton. That would mean Wakeham...
  9. red-dog

Opinion NSW Second Team would beat QLD

If you put together a team of the NSW players who didn't play last night: 1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Stephen Crichton 4. Kontoni Staggs 5. Nick Cotric 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. David Klemmer 9. Api Korisau 10. Jake Trbojevic 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Victor...
  10. red-dog

Last time we were in the top 8?

Anyone know the last time we were in the top 8? I don't mean finishing the season in the top 8, i mean in the regular season our position being in the top 8. I think it is Round 10 2017. If so, thats a depressing statistic and surely has to be the worst in the NRL.
  11. red-dog

Opinion Best Position for Players

There's plenty of different opinions about the best positions of certain players, particularly in our backline. Here's my thoughts and im interested to see what you guys think. Cotric I was surprised when we started using him at left centre. Considering he played right wing at Canberra and...
  12. red-dog

Opinion Early 2021 Ladder Predictions

It's definately way too early to make a prediction on the ladder for next year due to pre season injuries, player transfers and the upcoming off-season player blunders. But based on how things are so far andassuming things don't change from now until season kick off, here's how I think the...
  13. red-dog

Opinion Brian Kelly

Thoughts on going after Brian Kelly as a target for 2022? He is off contract next year and with the Titans signing some big players recently (Tino, Fifita), potentially going for Smith and having players who will be demanding upgrades (Brimson, Fotuaika, Tonumaipea) they might have to start...
  14. red-dog

Opinion Angus Crichton

Angus Crichton coming off contract next year and the news is that Roosters might look like letting him go...
  15. red-dog

Dally M Votes - Bulldogs

For those interested, the bulldogs players who received votes fort the Dally M CANTERBURY BULLDOGS Will Hopoate 8 Kieran Foran 6 Josh Jackson 5 Aiden Tolman 4 Raymond Faitala-Mariner 3
  16. red-dog

Brent Naden

UNLUCKY PANTHERS ON THE MOVE? It’s been a rollercoaster few days for Panthers centre Brent Naden. The 24-year-old was dropped to the bench before Saturday’s preliminary final and now it’s been reported that the club hasn’t made any moves to lock him up. Rothfield is reporting that Naden, who...
  17. red-dog

News Dogs confirm EIGHT-man clean-out in first glimpse of Barrett era

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/bulldogs/nrl-2020-canterburybankstown-bulldogs-announce-eight-player-departures-kieran-foran-aiden-tolman-full-list/news-story/67fbadc55112e80ee342e26861bd206d
  18. red-dog

Opinion What happened to Bulldogs junior development?

Given all the rumours about us looking to poach players like Burton and Staines from the Panthers, it got me thinking what ever happened to our bulldogs development? I remember all the Sydney talent used to come from Dogs, Parra and Panthers back in the day but it seems like our production line...
  19. red-dog

News PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON + BARRET NOT OFFERING TOLMAN A CONTRACT

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-transfer-whispers-player-movement-contracts-offers-josh-papalii-canberra-raiders-matt-burton-penrith-panthers-aiden-tolman/news-story/d57ff4a351a2c0bd526481c7342b3b92 PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON The Panthers may have to accept the...
  20. red-dog

News Brandon Smith

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2020-cameron-smith-decision-may-cause-melbourne-storm-domino-to-fall/news-story/e3e9bc8c84aa16415407364b2ce73646
  21. red-dog

Opinion Jake Averillo at five-eighth

Given the fact that most of our halves have failed to impress (Wakeham, Lewis, Cogger) would it be worth giving Jake Averillo a shot at five-eight? It's his preferred position & he has a strong running game. Would take some of the pressure off Foran to be that running halve and let him...