Search results

1. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Nope. You’re not the only one. He passes as soon as he received the ball, way ahead of the line. Imagine today if we actually had a decent half!
  2. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Problem is Ciraldo will not take anything out of this game that he doesn’t want to see - he will not change the team unfortunately
  3. B

Another obstruction not awarded to us
  4. B

The bad ref calls are not luck. They are fully intentional by the refs
  5. B

That was an obstruction first!!!
  6. B

Where is the duty of care now from the two Mitchell’s?? No duty of care when you play the Bulldogs I guess
  7. B

They should have been one man down …
  8. B

This is now clearly a rort!! There is absolutely no reason that was not a sin bin
  9. B

Why is that different to the South’s knock on that was seen as being ok earlier in the game ??????
  10. B

Yep - looking at it numerous times hoping to find a reason not to award the try
  11. B

That was a tackle in the air - Sutton said that was ok! WTF!!!
  12. B

We have been doing that for years. Part of our Community Service efforts
  13. B

Same old refs and same old NRL incompetence
  14. B

Give that try to your favourite ref!
  15. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Funny how “everyone” simplistically puts the various critical thoughts and concerns about the team put on here down to herd mentality. We have had a shocking recruitment strategy and are going down the same road as we were on with TBaz. Those who can’t see that and blindly dismiss this even as a...
  16. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

And middles! Really effective recruitment and team selections right????? It’s gonna be a long year … again!
  17. B

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Mate, it was apparent to some of us soon after he joined with his team choices, game plans (or lack thereof!). Just like it was with TBaz …. But but … they need time to settle, time for team to gell, BS BS BS …!!!!
  18. B

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Gus is thinking of only one thing - his retirement and how he is going to spend the millions of $ss we are gifting him as his salary
  19. B

Hitchinson will be 7 and Burton 6 till round 22 when Ciro will make a change
  20. B

We are watching what we have been seeing for the past few years, except we have been paying the coach and Gus millions of $s in the meantime to fix this team and recruit the right people. But we continue to see more of the same ……
  21. B

Anyone know a good shrink that works on weekends?? I need one now!
  22. B

You need to turn before you retire! He hasn’t turned up at all.
  23. B

Please don’t overstate his abilities by using the word “super”. Maybe refer to him as sub-par assistant?
  24. B

Unfortunately, we have been saying that for our previous for the past few years!!!
  25. B

But .. but … we are a new team, we need at least 2 seasons to tell … BS!
  26. B

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

And Cogger as well lol
  27. B

Bit difficult when you are playing with millimeters….
  28. B

So, now, all someone needs to do is stand in front of the ball as it is going towards the dead ball line and the opposition has to stay away???? How else can the opposition make a play at the ball?? What a joke!!
  29. B

This is not good for us for next week …..
  30. B

Knew it wouldn’t take too long for us to see a bunker stuff-up!!
  31. B

Yep! He clearly lost the ball
  32. B

Yep, new rule this year.
  33. B

The Wahs have an awesome team - in the Top 4 for sure this year. They are great to watch
  34. B

Your perfect 3 car garage! $300k to spend

Sports Car - Porsche 718 Boxster / Cayman GTS 4.0 manual - $170k’ish Daily - Toyota Yaris GR - $40k’ish Family car - Land Rover Defender 110 - $90k’ish And … of course, don’t forget the Kingswood!
  35. B

News The Whole West Tigers board dismissed

Pickle me grandmother - no way he’s getting my Kingswood. I just polished the dipstick!
  36. B

News The Whole West Tigers board dismissed

Someone send Barry O’Farrell a bottle of Moey to congratulate him on his appointment …….. oh wait!
  37. B

Voice referendum

Sky News has called it - Australia votes NO!!
  38. B

Voice referendum

Bloody oath! Well said!!!
  39. B

What are some memories of your wonder years?

Remember putting 20c coins on the frogger, space invader and pinball machines to be next to play? Then there were the guys who had the “clickers” to get free credits and hog the machines.
  40. B

Cricket 2022/23 thread

Bowl a maiden over?
  41. B

Voice referendum

Sorry - the “claimed” should have been “changed” - was an autocorrect, my bad! Best to leave this discussion here - has run its course I think. Anyways, I have a gut feel there will be a late run towards the Yes vote and it will be a lot closer than what the polls are showing now. Will be...
  42. B

Voice referendum

Thanks for apologising - no worries, all good! I am really trying to understand what you are trying to get out of this though, sorry - isn’t a significant change in form and purpose a subset of being “disbanded”? So, I could dig, search and find examples of the Yes vote saying that but what...
  43. B

Voice referendum

This example is almost word to word what I said. Please reread my post. I am not sure what your disconnect to this is. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it. Anyways, I could also say you made a mistake but that would be arrogant of me, so I won’t.
  44. B

Voice referendum

I searched for the first thing that came to my mind as I don’t really have time to do a thorough search - but this is one example as you have requested … Ray Martin at a Yes vote event on 28/9/23- “Martin argued that No voters kept begging Prime Minister Anthony Albanese for the details of the...
  45. B

Voice referendum

No need to apologise mate - all good! Appreciate the healthy discussion.
  46. B

Voice referendum

They ARE making this claim. I’ not sure why you think otherwise - this claim has been made many times. I have heard this from representatives of the Yes side in the media in various official formal Interviews and forums. When the concern about the permanency of the numerous unknown aspects of...
  47. B

Voice referendum

True - many uncertainties and variables, but I reckon it’s applicable to both sides. I do think, for this particular issue, it is highly unlikely the Liberals would poo poo it if Labor legislated it and it was successful.
  48. B

Voice referendum

No no … it’s very clear what they want. It’s what comes after that in terms of implementation, the views of other Australians, etc etc which is grey and not so simple.
  49. B

Voice referendum

Thanks for clarifying. But there are many assumptions in your post which are not fact. In any case, now I understand what your reply was referring to. I wasn’t being deliberately obtuse, just trying to clarify. We, again on this topic, have to agree to disagree.
  50. B

Voice referendum

There is a mighty lot of grey between black and white. In this case, it would be irresponsible to the wider Australian community to ignore all that grey. You can seldom get a win-win staying at the black or white extreme and not considering alternate views. Usually, the answer is somewhere in...
  51. B

Voice referendum

I’m not sure how you can interpret me saying anything close to “give nobody what they want” from my post???
  52. B

Voice referendum

Can you really imagine any government getting rid of something, especially something with such visibility, following, emotion and political sensitivity, if it is working well? That would be political suicide and won’t happen.
  53. B

Voice referendum

Subsequent governments can also reassemble an effective Voice without a referendum if legislated. So, again, same thing in substance.
  54. B

Voice referendum

There you go again …… hehe
  55. B

Voice referendum

I am not claiming misinformation - I am discussing a fundamental point in this debate. What I’m saying is this - 1) subsequent governments can, in substance through whatever form they want, make the Voice ineffective (by amending its scope, representation, etc). 2) a primary Yes argument is...
  56. B

Voice referendum

Exactly … so why not just legislate it as a first step, see how it goes and then have a referendum once we have all seen how it operates, etc etc?
  57. B

Voice referendum

But you didn’t answer the question …
  58. B

Voice referendum

You would have spent less time answering the question rather than substantiating why you haven’t answered the question. Just saying …..
  59. B

Voice referendum

Thanks for clarifying, but I disagree. Do you agree that, despite being part of the Constitution, any future government can make the Voice a toothless tiger by diluting its power, scope, etc etc to a point of making it completely ineffective?
  60. B

Voice referendum

As mentioned previously, I can’t see it in my post. I ask a second time - please tell me specifically where I am wrong. And I request in advance that you don’t reply with a generic, emotive, wide ranging statement and, rather, revert with a constructive and substantive response. Thanks
  61. B

Voice referendum

Umm … I was genuinely hoping for a response from you with some substance and I would have admitted I was wrong if the points would have been valid. Rather, you have come back with nothing specific - just high level statements of irrelevance and negativity adding absolutely nothing to the debate...
  62. B

Voice referendum

I clearly am not intelligent enough - would be great if you could let me know where my argument fails. Thanks
  63. B

Voice referendum

On one hand, one of the main factors the Yes campaign puts forward to support a permanent change to the Constitution rather than legislating the Voice is that, if legislated, the Voice can be disbanded or significantly changed in form and purpose in future. On the other hand, one of the main...
  64. B

Voice referendum

For me, if the No vote gets up, its not about celebrating aboriginal people not having a Voice. It’s about celebrating Australia not being stuck with a bureaucratic, ill-defined, unrepresentative body which will likely fail the aboriginal community.
  65. B

Voice referendum

There is misinformation being spread from both sides - the Yes side as much as the No side. That needs to be acknowledged. It’s now time, if not done already, for everyone to remove what they individually think is noise and emotion, focus on facts and vote according to what they individually...
  66. B

Voice referendum

I think you can watch ABC News Live on YouTube - they should be covering it on Saturday night.
  67. B

Voice referendum

Just watching Albo’s press conference - the marketing boffins of the Yes vote have been working overtime. Today’s framing of this by Albo is that the Voice is an “invitation” to us by the Aboriginal people. All they want is love, bla bla bla …. The framing of this for the last few days by...
  68. B

Voice referendum

It’s definitely not the same thing yes, but there is clearly a perceived conflict of interest present.
  69. B

Voice referendum

Not accurate analogies at all …. In fact, these are misleading analogies, completely ignoring the critical point of “independence” and operating independent of Parliament / government
  70. B

Voice referendum

Funding absolutely is a conflict. Any claim by the Voice that their scope is being restricted due to insufficient funding will be seen as Parliament trying to control the Voice. And we all know it is very easy to make a claim and then have the accused scrambling to prove they are not guilty. And...
  71. B

Voice referendum

So, who sets and approves the budget for the Voice? If it’s Parliament or any government related body, it’s fundamentally a conflict. How would that work?
  72. B

Voice referendum

Thanks for clarifying - I see where you are coming from but I disagree. Taking the NIAA as an example, their mandate is to “hear” what the indigenous community has to say. This is exactly what the Voice is supposedly designed to do. There is an overlap and there is doubling up. To say there is a...
  73. B

Voice referendum

“They will continue to exist” is not an answer to my question. I was more asking about how they will work together with each other and to what extent they will integrate and/ or draw upon each other. In fact, your response raises more questions - will the representative bodies have the same...
  74. B

Voice referendum

Because people are asking questions about it, rightly or wrongly.
  75. B

Voice referendum

As I said, crap happening on both sides
  76. B

News Terrorists on the ground in Israel

I remember when the rail line from Riverwood to East Hills was just the single track. I lived at Padstow and hated when I just missed the train cos had to wait an age before the next train came
  77. B

Voice referendum

There are also verified reports of YES campaigners being told by the YES campaign to convey different messages to potential voters based on where they stand and how strongly they feel about various issues - for example, what the YES campaigners are supposed to say about Treaty. That is...
  78. B

Voice referendum

Fair enough … definitely agree we should respect everyone and how they vote. It’s awesome that you want to help, but I really want to know exactly how the Voice will help?? As I mentioned in a previous post, people are voting for the wrong question. The question is not “Do you want things to...
  79. B

Voice referendum

Thanks for clarifying. I had a quick read of the article - nowhere does this say that the NO campaign is paying influencers, as you claimed. The fact is the YES campaign is advertising a lot more than the NO campaign, flooding us with useless and irrelevant emotional and virtue signalling content.
  80. B

Voice referendum

@Hacky McAxe - you may have missed my reply to your comment earlier …. You made a claim saying the No side is paying influencers to push the NO vote - just wondering whether you have any evidence for this? Thanks
  81. B

Voice referendum

Do you have evidence to back up your claim of the No side paying influencers to push the NO vote? Maybe it’s the influencer’s own views?
  82. B

News Terrorists on the ground in Israel

Very well said! Vote YES to Peace and Love
  83. B

Dad jokes

Guess who I ran into when going to get my new glasses? Everyone
  84. B

Dad jokes

Here’s a question for all the mind readers out there ….
  85. B

Dad jokes

My sewing teacher says I’m a really bad student. Sorry …. Wrong thread!
  86. B

Dad jokes

I bought a new toilet brush today. Long story short, I am going back to using toilet paper.
  87. B

Dad jokes

I’m going to take up coin collecting. I think the change will do me good.
  88. B

Dad jokes

What’s Irish and stays out all night? Pati O’furniture
  89. B

Dad jokes

BOSS: Where were you yesterday David? There was no one else to cover your shift DAVID: I’m sorry. I was becoming a father yesterday BOSS: Oh really! I’m so happy for you. Is it a boy or a girl? DAVID: I’ll tell you in nine months. BOSS: You’re fired!
  90. B

Voice referendum

I disagree with a lot of what you have said. As one example, one could argue that to state that First Nations people have already concluded what they want is a presumption that the process of determining this has been sound, which is a large leap of faith for mine. We have been down that path...
  91. B

Dad jokes

I just got a job making plastic Draculas. There’s only 2 of us on the production line, so I have to make every second Count.
  92. B

Voice referendum

It’s interesting … watch yes voters being interviewed on TV and they say, when asked why they are voting yes, “because we are for a multicultural Australia”, “we should acknowledge our First Nations people”, “we need to close the gap”, etc etc. BUT that is NOT what the referendum is about -...
  93. B

Voice referendum

Fair enough - you could look at it that way, but I personally would definitely not vote for something designed to represent me if I am unsure how and whether it will represent my views. How can we be sure that the Voice is indeed a truly representative body, although I actually don’t think...
  94. B

Voice referendum

Your post suggests two extremes - either a conspiracy theory or dialling it upto 11 in terms of expectations, which is misleading. There are valid reasons why some Aboriginals are voting NO - they are sceptical that THEIR personal specific individual concerns will not be “heard” as there is no...
  95. B

Dad jokes

My pet mouse Elvis died last night. He was caught in a trap.
  96. B

Dad jokes

Mum: Doctor, my child does not eat fish. What can I replace it with? Doctor: A cat. Cats love fish
  97. B

Voice referendum

Sports stars … and Musicians…. And Actors ….. and celebrities…….. and Corporations….. and Industry bodies ….. and ………. Not much factual and intellectual debate unfortunately.
  98. B

Dad jokes

I was engaged to be married 5 times but didn’t get to the alter. That’s a lot of near mrs.