Search results

1. D.O.W.

Back 5

I’m not sure the year, but we had (basically SBW instead of Harris) 1. Patten 2. El Masri 3. SBW 4. Tonga 5. Utai Very special backline 1991 we had a potent backline: 1.Ewan McGrady 2. Jonathan Davies 3. Darren Smith 4. Jarrod McCracken 5. Matt Ryan 1995 was pretty special too: 1. Rod Silva...
  2. D.O.W.

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

Barba could have played any position in the backline and had incredible stats, point being is, they’re 2 different type of players, Barba’s speed and his natural feel for the game is incredibly difficult to replicate or compare against… Papalii has a different style about him, he has a Roger...
  3. D.O.W.

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

I hope so, but at a similar age, Barba’s stats were far superior and there’s no comparison on natural speed, Barba was a freek. Papalii gives me RTS vibes if I’m being honest, and that’s pretty special. Look forward to his journey in the blue & white.
  4. D.O.W.

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Kaeo Weekes is a handy player, he’ll slot in, the only issue is that both Weekes and Strange are running halves… they need an organiser. I thought they had Lachlan Lewis but looks like he’s moved on or retired.
  5. D.O.W.

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

Could have been booing or jeers for inside the 10? Watching the game on tv there was a hint of a boo upon Hutch being tackled but that could have been for anything, not necessarily at Hutch. No one wearing our colours should be booed in isolation. Conversely, if the entire team is getting...
  6. D.O.W.

Rumour Sezer

Muppets trying to destabilise
  7. D.O.W.

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

I think Burto would make a good fullback, I get Gutho vibes… Woods & O’Neal in the halves, Oluapo at lock… Conti, maybe 9?
  8. D.O.W.

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

NRL is not for everyone, Superleague is a better suited to some.
  9. D.O.W.

News Sharks player Trindall charged with DUI, awaiting cocaine test results

Buzz will say it’s a nothing incident being dealt with in-house and no doubt he’ll bring the Prince of Belmore into it saying he did the same thing and got off on a false positive….
  10. D.O.W.

With Papalii, Woods, O’Neal & Conti coming through, it’s shades of the West Tigers young guns of Teddy, Moses and Brooks - Hopefully these kids kick on and become long serving players who are recognised positively in years to come.
  11. D.O.W.

Opinion Medical Retirements

If he ends up working with Cronulla, they have to include into their cap, it’s basically like-for-like the Jacko scenario. We’re a targeted club….simple.
  12. D.O.W.

I’d love for Gus to finish up his career with us… there’s some poetic irony if his first and last grand finals are with us - He’ll be a Bulldog legend.
  13. D.O.W.

We have some very talented halves coming through, exciting times for the Club and all thanks goes to Gus for his work reinvigorating our pathways - we’re performing well in every grade, the only way to achieve sustainable success.
  14. D.O.W.

Stat dive - defence analysis

Great point…and by down a man, it’s usually early in games. We’re definitely fitter, another key point to our improvement
  15. D.O.W.

News Nrl360

He tried to deflect the Bulldogs win onto St George’s form and Anasta basically said “no Buzz, we’re talking about the Bulldogs here” forcing the salty pr!ck to say something positive
  16. D.O.W.

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

Only Critta makes it. Preston is not far away if healthy and we jag more wins.
  17. D.O.W.

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Even though Mooney is off contract, I think the swap still works for both parties if the swap happens immediately considering both players would be breaking contracts for a switch this season - although sexy being a decent half-back and other clubs not willing to part ways with a back up, we...
  18. D.O.W.

Stat dive - defence analysis

These stats really provide a deeper insight into whats working for us. We do miss a lot of tackles from rushing up the defence (aka Reed Mahoney who often leads the defensive line meeting the ball receiver). This year, Reed’s pressure is working because he’s got capable support defensively and...
  19. D.O.W.

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

No mate, they no longer have X-players as video refs from what I understand
  20. D.O.W.

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

Hughes is exactly what Gus predicted, he’s had a break out year and looks really dominant. I dare say they’re restricting his minutes to manage the rigours of NRL because we need him healthy… he’ll get more mins as his body develops even more and he matures into NRL life. I’d go as far as...
  21. D.O.W.

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

There’s a sh!t ton of old Bulldogs players who wouldn’t cop that sh!t… add Kevin Ryan, Peter Tunks, Billy Johnson, Jarrod McCracken, Solomon Haumono, SBW, Mark O’Meley, Bruce Maguire, Frank Pritchard, David Gillespie, Dean Pay, Robbo etc… we had many take no sh!t footy players… and I’d say that...
  22. D.O.W.

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

They (officials) appeared to try and get around the rule by technicality calling it a knock on… but it was a bat-on which is a pass. No surprises with us being the victim.
  23. D.O.W.

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

The fact a top 3 doesn’t really stand out and extremely difficult to dissect is a very good sign for us, it was more a case of who didn’t play well and there wasn’t any…. Even with Hutch, he wasn’t a stand out but we looked disjointed when he was off. There’s probably a whole bunch of little...
  24. D.O.W.

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

We look committed and playing with purpose, whatever Ciro has instilled into these men, they are buying into it. We’ve been competitive in every game and with equal or more share of possession, they’re winning. The other notable difference is the fact we have NRL experienced men and NRL level...
  25. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

How was that win Buzz? Will almost certainly look to divert the attention away from Bulldog glory
  26. D.O.W.

I can live with 36-12, Go Dogs!!!!!
  27. D.O.W.

Burto cross kick for Fox not utilised enough
  28. D.O.W.

Fellow Kennelers, despite the 13+ mins that are left… we’re going to get a very important win for our beloved club!! For the naysayers…. get that intaya!!!!!!
  29. D.O.W.

The Fox- how good!! Turns half chances to tries… even though he couldn’t get the chocolates that time
  30. D.O.W.

You know we’re on when Burto is nailing left to right kicks from the touch line
  31. D.O.W.

Put ‘em yo the sword boys
  32. D.O.W.

That was Reed’s try, he squared up the markers
  33. D.O.W.

Xerri getting better in attack each game - very impressed with him hitting the line at speed.
  34. D.O.W.

Lacked line speed there, Burton slow getting to his man and Xerri missed his inside shoulder
  35. D.O.W.

Burto loves it left to right
  36. D.O.W.

I feel for the bloke, but I don’t know why Ciro persists with him…he’s unfortunately a massive liability.
  37. D.O.W.

Rumour Sexton to replace Fogarty ?

I’d make those guys beg… 2x props for Sexy
  38. D.O.W.

This is a “grand final” style match-up for both teams regarding hopes of a top 8 spot - I think we will see some desperate footy, one of the rare games we stack up nicely on paper Vs an opponent, but on form & at home, we should win catapulting into 12th and 1 game from the top 8 which we get...
  39. D.O.W.

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

Don’t think for a second he’s getting 600-650K and nothing else - Nick knows how to work the system.
  40. D.O.W.

No Source Trey Mooney

Or shelf
  41. D.O.W.

I get excited every week

The feeling of the team getting back to being competitive each week is a good feeling, most fans who grew up in the 80s have enjoyed an entire lifetime of this feeling but prior to this year and the period thereafter Haslers parting gift we’ve been a shambles… we’re on the up and have a...
  42. D.O.W.

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

In Rugby Union, that’s a penalty try every day of the week. I feel there’s some interpretation of the rules Union gets right and League is off the pace (and vice versa) - but the penalty try scenarios, Union gets it right most of the time.
  43. D.O.W.

No Source Trey Mooney

Only Gus, Trey and Ciro would know mate, no one on here would be able to confirm 100%. I’m sure Harrison’s departure is readiness for someone coming in…
  44. D.O.W.

No Source Trey Mooney

Gus is too funny, but on topic, maybe he hasn’t technically signed but on the cards? Who knows? But we could do with forwards with upside
  45. D.O.W.

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Edwards to Cowboys

Gus would have something brewing
  46. D.O.W.

No Source Trey Mooney

I’ve heard similarly….reality is, he gets regular NRL exposure with us immediately, that’s not going to happen at Raiders for a few more years
  47. D.O.W.

Team against the knights

If we’re serious about a top 8 finish, this is a must win game… it’s literally a 4pt game for us with the bye to follow.
  48. D.O.W.

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

Agree, but I think Taaffe goes back to fb & Tracey prob to centre or off the bench. I highly doubt Ciro will tinker with Burto/Hutch.
  49. D.O.W.

This is why he acts like a spoiled brat, he often gets away with a lot of grubby sh!t and acts like he’s untouchable
  50. D.O.W.

News Dally M Round 6 votes: Bulldogs' Viliame Kikau earns maximum points, goes equal-top

Kiks has been outstanding, if he continues on this trajectory, it’ll be his best season of football and that’s saying something having had some terrific seasons at Penrith.
  51. D.O.W.

We are a team of firsts, I’ve never seen a bloke sin binned for a bit of roughing up a player on the ground, and by roughing up, Sam wedges his elbow in the face with no real force, just trying to be dominant and a nuisance…. Latrell Mitchell on the other hand raises his elbow MMA style with...
  52. D.O.W.

Opinion Goal Kicking the difference!

He needs to up the training ante from the left side, fills me with zero confidence each week from that side.
  53. D.O.W.

Opinion Goal Kicking the difference!

Critta all round or Blake Taaffe
  54. D.O.W.

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

Bang on, at the end of the day, grit and resilience is a mental game, Curran has it in spades.
  55. D.O.W.

Super proud tonight

Burto can’t kick left to right, he prefers right to left….personally, Critta is a better goal kicker
  56. D.O.W.

Super proud tonight

Agree, they are playing “Bulldog” type footy - that backs-to-the-wall mentality playing for each other and the jersey… great to see we’ve got that blue collar fight back in us.
  57. D.O.W.

Opinion Patolo

I think the Chris Patolo train is yet to leave the station, but he’s only 22 so I think his future is still bright if he can stay relatively injury free and increases his work ethic. I don’t know how some of these middles only manage 2 or 3 runs in 15-20mins, one would think a minimum 1 run per...
  58. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Wrong hooker…Turpin was the reason
  59. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

We are a victim of Latrell’s stupidity
  60. D.O.W.

I’ll take 10-0…. We have looked more dangerous than the Storm. Our scramble has been great. With last years mindset, it would have been 22-0. hopefully we come out and fire up in the second.
  61. D.O.W.

News 'Start fast and get big metres': Kikau ready to fire against Storm

Salmon is a fierce competitor who fights for everything, I can see why Ciro likes him enough to start him, fortunately, we also have Curran who is all things Bulldogs, blue collar and a bloke you want to go into battle with.
  62. D.O.W.

Turpin has played 13 at Roosters so who knows but hopefully SamHughes plays bigger minutes and Knight holds his own when he comes in. Excited to see how Hayward & Katoga go off the bench
  63. D.O.W.

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

One of those super gifted people that can’t match that natural talent with a strong mindset - the mind is everything.
  64. D.O.W.

Big in if this stands up on Friday night… we need his size. Also, the one advantage with our current halves is their size so defensively, this works in our favour.
  65. D.O.W.

They don’t really need an edge player but they’re dreaming if we’re going to give them Presto. The swap that makes sense to me is probably Nelson for Skelton. But there’s no reason for a swap, Storm in this instance would probably be better off with cap space
  66. D.O.W.

News Cameron Ciraldo Round 6 press Conference

I love Critta, his influence has set higher standards at training and changed the way we think and execute however, you’ll find he’s an exceptional centre but only a good fullback. Some people seem to think he’s going to put on a Tommy Turbo level performance weekly in that role, but he’s way...
  67. D.O.W.

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

I agree but it shows his passion which I admire and it’s only really he and Critta backing teammates when sh!t goes down, you know how tight the bonds are within the playing group when the entire team comes in to bat for a fallen mate in the course of a deliberate act.
  68. D.O.W.

If I’m being honest, I get similar vibes, though still hopeful - the timing is not good for us going into Melbourne with so many key outs namely King, Mann and likely Kiks as senior players in our forward ranks adding Presto too… If they can work hard and carve out a victory, it’s going to give...
  69. D.O.W.

Hull FC is realising why we let go some of these players, they are running 2nd last and a shambles
  70. D.O.W.

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Our spine this week with Critta, Burto, Hutch and Reed need to step up… 3 of 4 are considered elite in the NRL, 1 of 4 is world class. our pack need to hunt as a pack, they have done this well this season led by King, I fear his absence but we need that “next man up” mentality that the top...
  71. D.O.W.

Tracey has been fantastic for us but we can’t go in against a team like the Storm with blokes carrying injuries. They need to be rested and Skelton is a fantastic replacement, hopefully he has a blinder, big fan of his.
  72. D.O.W.

'The Dogs'

Didn’t SBW end Andrew John’s career?
  73. D.O.W.

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

Mann is massively underrated and Curran is straight up blue collar - true Bulldog
  74. D.O.W.

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

They will keep him, he really does embody the bulldog spirit and character - he’s at home with us.
  75. D.O.W.

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Panthers is strategically deliberate and back their defence (like the Storm used to do) We on the other hand cop a pineapple
  76. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Seems strange the club had “no idea” about a couple of young middles with potential, particularly that it’s clear we are deficient in that area….maybe Gus is looking for an experienced middle? Who the fk knows but if they’re not aware of contracts for the best young middles coming through...
  77. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I think Sharks paid him well and Gus wasn’t going to pay overs for a rookie (imo)
  78. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Maybe they are compensating these bench players with good coin under the table to stick around for depth? Who knows? But any sane player agent with a decent middle is surely contacting the Bulldogs. Whyte would be a guaranteed starter at our club,
  79. D.O.W.

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

That I agree with, the guys a beast.
  80. D.O.W.

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

It’s good if he plays against us, he’s currently unfit, that favours us if we play with some tempo - and we have to, it’s the only way we’re going to trouble these guys….. keeping completions high, generate some ruck speed and come in with that pack mentality.
  81. D.O.W.

'The Dogs'

No issue with it….. could be worse (Think Titans)
  82. D.O.W.

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

I think your right but I hope Ciro avoids the temptation of Critta at 1, he’s so much more valuable to us at centre imo. With Tracey out and Fox looking way off 100%, personally, I’d have: 1. Papalii 2. Skelton 3. Critta 4. Kiraz 5. Wilson
  83. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Kurt Mann is close to the bargain buy of the season, he’s in everything, great competitor
  84. D.O.W.

BUZZ tweet

Buzz will still find some kind of negative, but he can’t take away the win and the fact we flogged the Roosters at a time they were at full strength. Their comeback was a combination of several 6 agains and a good dose of momentum. We weathered the storm and got the chocolates. Oh and by the...
  85. D.O.W.

Spot on RE Crichton, worlds best centre and one of the buys of the season, but he’s not the fullback people want him to be.. Taaffe stepped up today, played his best game, but the back up should have been Tracey tonight, we leaked points badly when Critta shifted to the back - he’s super...
  86. D.O.W.

There’s a lot of sh!tting on the team given that second half effort, however, highlighted these three points: 1. We put ourselves in a strong position to begin with with great intensity and desire executing perfectly 2. Despite the extra man, we had to stop the bleeding from 6 agains and...
  87. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

We won, I don’t care how
  88. D.O.W.

Wow, grandstand finish…… will we see a Bobcat style tackle to seal a victory
  89. D.O.W.

The long break in play was a blessing in disguise - stopped the momentum and allowed us to regroup
  90. D.O.W.

Not a single backline move in the 2nd half…. All one out rubbish
  91. D.O.W.

Critta needs to play centre, they’re killing us defensively out wide
  92. D.O.W.

Our Footy IQ has been zero for years
  93. D.O.W.

Apart from the refs, we put the que back in the rack
  94. D.O.W.

The don’t look at the push in the back
  95. D.O.W.

Here we go, let’s blow 15 set-restarts
  96. D.O.W.

Looking forward to that old c_nt choke on our likely win… we were dominating the chooks from the get go…. The boys made their own luck in this game! But your point is funny in that when we get pumped from losing a player to the bin or unfortunate circumstance, the Fox dromedaries blame Gus’ and...