Search results

1. P

Mbye/reynolds article - hints at reynolds return

Keep Mbye and drop the halfback who is going like an absolute busted at the moment.
  2. P

Fav chinese dish?

combination omelette or chow mien.
  3. P

Dane Chisholm

Rick Chisolm was an immensely talented footballer who played for Newtown and Manly. Wasted his talents through drugs. Haven't heard of Dane, but good luck to him.
  4. P

Dare to dream: A 24-team NRL competition

There aren't enough quality footballers for 20 teams. let alone 24.
  5. P

Corey Thompson

He is a bloody good little player whose strengths are his awareness and positional play. Would love to see him get a go at FB next season.
  6. P

Dale Finucane

The sooner he plays 80 minutes, the better our team will go!
  7. P

Who let the duds out = Queensland print media

You've never heard of Rod Reddy? Qld hands around NSW players heads in every tackle...grubs
  8. P

Browne and Finucane

I would be happy to see Finucane chosen for NSW. Terrific player!
  9. P

Joe Hockeys Budget

Great budget I thought. Certainly required after the ridiculous carefree handouts and wastage of the last seven years. Too many people want, and get, too much for nothing in this country, particularly over the last 7 years. I have a mortgage, 4 kids and earn 60k a year, so according to the...
  10. P

Soward Vs Beau Ryan

Mr Invisible, you are kidding, bullying....please. You bully more people on here with your pompous warnings for anything you don't like "Mr super moderator". Beau Ryan is a pretty good footballer for a winger. When fit he would make our side easily. As for somebody signing him when he is 30? He...
  11. P

Bulldogs terminate Fifitas contract

Looking forward to reading Rothfield's explanation of how things went down. Next sundays weidler report will also make for compulsive reading. What a goose, I am pleased this has been nipped in the bud. Watching the footy show the other night made me question both his integrity and commitment...
  12. P

Who would win, all players in their prime

mate, rod silva was a joke, especially defensively. not worthy to lace up the boots of Potter, cutler, brentnall, dowling or the welsh wizard davies!
  13. P

Are our halves finally coming into their own now Barba has gone?

It helps when the captain actually gives them clean ball.
  14. P

Who would win, all players in their prime

A lot of you guys are a bunch of tossers. How dare you put crap on footballers who were infinitely more skilled than todays players. Chris Anderson played wing for Australia and never played a game in the centres for Canterbury. Turvey played Halfback and Baa played 5/8, I will let you guys...
  15. P

For All You Ennis Haters..

My personal favourite is the one where we have a 4 man overlap to the left. Mick throws a big dummy and goes right. Seen it happen at least a dozen times since he has played for us.
  16. P

Mbye and templeman to be in first grade soon

I cant speak for NSW cup but first grade were atrocious. Some spark is desperately needed or this season will be just like last, an uninspiring team with no attacking flair or game. Our halfback is just not up to first grade standard. Our attack is absolutely rudderless with only Reynolds...
  17. P

Tyabb murder.

Sweet mate, I am 42 now and the old bird is still an absolute bloody lunatic. Needless to say, her 4 grandchildren have never been left alone with her.
  18. P

Tyabb murder.

I believe Keisha's mother and stepfather are actually indigenous Australians, not that it matters. My mother is, and always has been, mentally ill. When I was 12 years old I nonchalantly threw my cricket bat onto my kit bag after finishing batting at cricket training, whipped off my pads and...
  19. P

2014 Team

A bit amused at people leaving Finucane out, he will be one of the first picked.
  20. P

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

That's what I thought as well. But our options do look pretty slim and I think Morris should definitely stay in the centres. Ulugia might be worth a punt, he is certainly talented, but being released from the Cowboys for disciplinary reasons is hardly a good endorsement.
  21. P

Des Hasler told my son when he asked him "who was going to be our fullback?" Chase Stanley or Mitch Brown. There you have it, lets hope whoever gets the gig plays well.
  22. P

My young bloke asked Des last Friday who was going to be our fullback this year. Dessy told him either Chase Stanley or Mitch Brown.
  23. P

2013 Melbourne Cup

CK, Dear Demi is in the field, assured of a start and Joedog $15 will get you 25% of a a 5 horse boxed trifecta not 100% Please don't act like the experts you obviously aren't.
  24. P

You Ripper

Myself and another guy coach our local under 10's footy team. We are both avid Canterbury men. Today was our clubs presentation day and our boy's parents gave us doggies jerseys as our gift.............DELIGHTED ;)
  25. P

Mark O'Meley ends 15-year league career

Our club has had some great props over the years and this bloke ranks up there with the best of them. Good luck Shreck, very well played!
  26. P

Ex nrl player gay

its luke odonnell
  27. P

Finucane V Eastwood

Finucane, top player who I think is under utilised!
  28. P

Anyone Hearing that Josh Morris will play Fullback ?

you can put the dugan try down to kasiano not moving up. I would think morris is our best option back there with barba out.
  29. P

Toronga zoo

meerkats
  30. P

The Ashes Discussion Thread

watson warner rogers/usman hughes clarke smith haddin agar siddle harris bird/starc Watson is a joke, absolutely no desire to knuckle down and play true, hard test cricket. His overwhelming ego is also obvious in the way he plays and refuses to accept when he is obviously out. The fact remains...
  31. P

benji wants to leave tigers

Gee, I cant believe they actually offered him that amount of coin. The most consistently overrated footballer I have seen in 40 years of following the game.
  32. P

Perret needs to get his eyes tested

He is taking his eyes off the ball at the crucial moment.
  33. P

Attn : Naysayers.

Well said Book. One of the major letdowns of this site is the self-indulgent tripe that spews forth from the usual suspects who think that they are the only "real" or "true" fans out there. People that think that because they are able to attend all the matches or go to watch SG Ball and...
  34. P

Bulldogs vs Storm 3-2-1

3 Reynolds 2 lafai 1 brown/inu
  35. P

Referees against us!!

Kent is a good journo Vai. Every week it seems, to me anyway, that the oppositions defensive line are in our offensive line as soon as our first receiver gets the footy. 99% of the time however we give away at least 3 offside penalties before we get one.....just saying!
  36. P

Dale Finucane - 2013 Discussion Thread

I think he should play the 80!
  37. P

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Some of you blokes cannot be fair dinkum! It's ironic that a thread about Roberts is directly below this one (at the time of typing). Both are sideways players who stifle more than add to the attack. Trent can however kick goals, his major positive. Now that the Pom is back and Sam will be...
  38. P

Who gets dropped

We are a better side when Finucane is on the park. He makes some extremely important tackles and is a real effort player who i think should start at lock. Des has some tough decisions to make but it WONT be Finucane who misses out.
  39. P

Nsw team

lmao at people leaving Bird out of their side. will be one of the first picked and rightfully so. also people picking tolman/mason/grant over woods and merrin.....puhlease!
  40. P

NRL 360: Paul Kent questions where the NRL's leadership

For sure he is correct in this article.
  41. P

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

You would hope he wouldnt be. Sideways player who struggles with first grade rugby league.
  42. P

Now Reynolds is Injured

Give me a break, Reynolds wont miss a game for us!
  43. P

NRL 360: Paul Kent questions where the NRL's leadership

Mate, i disagree. Kent loves, and knows, footy. He is one journalist who writes columns that are interesting, forthright and generally...on the money. He doesn't have a big wrap for our club, but surely we are big enough to handle that. If we had more journo's like Kent in the game (no...
  44. P

Ennis: T-Rex was 'excellent'

certainly he has been horrible, but give him a little more time and i am sure the club will be rewarded for our patience
  45. P

Tony Williams Performance

bullpooh. that was lazy, crap defence....pure and simple
  46. P

Tony Williams Performance

my advice would be..... "RUN ONTO THE EFFING BALL"
  47. P

ban/lock/close all barba threads

The kennel is here to be clogged by things football. Dont like them...go hang in the lounge!
  48. P

Kudos Todd Greenberg

I dont start many threads but this one is way overdue. How very fortunate we at Canterbury are to have this man running our footy club. Todd is a an incredibly decent, diligent, intelligent and professional gentleman who always represents our club magnificently. The way he conducts himself...
  49. P

Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Greenburg was outstanding. Some of the media were trying to make it a club "cultural" issue and were shot down by our superb CEO. Weidler was making repeated reference to Ainslie, Bens ex, it would appear that this is where the crux of the issues lie. My take, after listening to the...
  50. P

Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Agreed. Great to see the club taking a proactive stance on this. I dont care how long the bloke is out for, he will be all the better for confronting whatever issues he faces in this manner. Good Luck Benny...... hope to see you back on the paddock asap champ!
  51. P

New look Bulldog forward pack could struggle?

There will not be any easy games this season. I cant see Hodkinson making the team without injuries to keating/reynolds. I am looking forward to more game time for Dale Finucane.... he is in for a massive season in my humble opinion.
  52. P

Nrl supercoach

Just joined your league, thanks for the invite Beast : )
  53. P

Corey Payne has retired, effective immedietley

Bloody Hell! Good luck to Corey, what an amazing young man with so much to offer the broader community, in particular young people. I, and the team, will miss his onfield aggression and ability to promote the footy. Bravo Corey Payne!
  54. P

Goodwin to souths

unlucky for souths
  55. P

Contentious points in the grand final

The refs were hard on us as they have been all season and for many seasons now. However we were extremely lucky not to have James Graham sent off, I honestly cant believe how he stayed on the field and I love the bloke! A couple of our key forwards decided to have the night off, some...
  56. P

Jamie Lyon

punter, he did go home to wee waa for a season. he was sick of b.smith quality player...always has been.
  57. P

RIP Les Norton

Champion Australian. Gave countless hours of pleasure to so many Australians. I own every book, my kids will have to find something else to put in my xmas stocking this year : (
  58. P

On The Punt

its a dundeel
  59. P

Steve Roach Yesterday???????

Even though Roach is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he was an outstanding front rower
  60. P

Kris Keating - 2012 Discussion Thread

Outstanding last night, the best on ground in my opinion. His one on one defence on the left hand side won us the match.
  61. P

3-2-1 Dogs Vs Manly

3 keating 2 tolman 1 ennis Keatings one on one defence on our left hand side was superb and what a terrific opportunist try. If NSW are serious about winning origin next year then surely Tolman will get a game. Ennis was magnificent a real captains knock
  62. P

Brian Smith Gooooneeee

pay will be working with stuart at parra
  63. P

Brian Smith Gooooneeee

Taylor couldnt coach choko up a vine. What a crap club they are! Looking forward to more mediocrity next season : )
  64. P

Is barba the first Dally m winner to not make rep footy?

the first winner, rocky laurie, never played rep footy. Nor did preston campbell. the youngest winner, mick potter (19), only played 1 origin match but wouldve played for Australia without multiple leg fractures.
  65. P

david klemmer injury

great news : )
  66. P

david klemmer injury

Does anybody know his contract status? I have it on good authority that the knights are going to have a real go at him.
  67. P

David Stagg: ending the confusion

David has been a wonderful player for the club during his time here. I met him at the Bateau Bay fan day the year he arrived at Canterbury from Brisbane. Although he wouldnt know me, I have spoken to him each year at the same day since. I find his personality mirrors his football....down to...
  68. P

On The Punt

2 nice each way bets for today SR5 #2 Toydini SR6 #4 Lamasery
  69. P

On The Punt

nice one mullo, where did he get set? I had a 25% share in a champion dog called Pororoca a few years back. We could never get set on track except in the biggest races and the tab was a disaster : ( The saddest thing was, we recieved an offer for 850K for the dog from a breeder. The...
  70. P

The Blame-game thread.

I think that Des wouldve been hammering the boys at training of late building a fitness base for the finals. i have thought this for a few weeks now even though the team have been winning the performances have not been convincing. A loss will do us no harm and once the training taper kicks...
  71. P

Massive play at Reynolds

lmho, nice : ) i would think 275-300k for 3 years starting next would be fair. we cannot lose this bloke because he is a real 1% player and as good a competitor that weve had since dean pay and terry lamb
  72. P

Des has had enough with the referees

disgraceful refereeing. i was at the game last night high up in the stand with a great view. there can be no doubt that the referees tried to get newcastle back into the contest. apart from the ridiculous penalites (against only one side), on two occasions the games most exciting player...
  73. P

Who is the biggest Grub?

cameron smith
  74. P

Tour De France 2012

good point Duke
  75. P

Kris Keating - 2012 Discussion Thread

The whole team was playing poorly last year and he was the scapegoat, particularly on this site where football nous has never been considered a prerequisite for posting. Hamstring is a bad injury for KK given the way he accelerates off the mark. I would think he will miss more than just one...
  76. P

Run to the finals & building momentum.

A couple of losses over the remaining rounds wont do us any harm at all. Next week will be very difficult given the intensity of the manly game and the resulting changes. In saying that, we are a team that is going to be bloody hard for others to beat!
  77. P

Tour De France 2012

massive stage tonight, hoping wiggins implodes!
  78. P

Tour De France 2012

would like to know what team sky are having for brekky! it looks like the pom is going to have to implode on the hills, which would seem unlikely since the whole team are flying.
  79. P

SBW Inc wont allow him to play Vs Bulldogs

thats a standing eight count for you CK : )
  80. P

3-2-1 Tigers Vs Bulldogs

3 barba 2 morris 1 halatau
  81. P

After match vision with Hasler and team

yeah, they all looked like they were enjoying themselves, it was great vision
  82. P

On The Punt

for those that like a roughie, have something on MR2 #4 Grand Emporer also SR6 #1 Lady Lynette, easily the best horse in the race.
  83. P

Greatest Bulldogs Team of the past 20 years (as voted by the members)

Well Dean Pay was the best forward we have had in that period and he couldnt crack the 17.
  84. P

Our best second-rower of the past 20 years?

dean pay, a true champion. tough, very skilful, reliable and durable. premierships, state of origins, test matches. leaves the others for dead. for those votiing sonny bill, football did exist before the millenium.
  85. P

Best ever coach

chris anderson
  86. P

Our best hooker of the past 20 years?

hetherington by miles
  87. P

The commentary has changed.

are you fair dinkum?
  88. P

3-2-1 Vs. Storm

3 barba 2 graham 1 reynolds.....what a terrific little player this bloke is : )
  89. P

Premiership Contenders?

we are in it up to our ears, with natural improvement to come : ) congratulations to all involved!!!
  90. P

Hasler - WE STAND AND SALUTE YOU!

BRAVO Desmond : )
  91. P

Our Funny Boys.. FRANKING!

so do i when its cold ; )
  92. P

Our best fullback of the past 20 years?

anybody rating silva is deluded. couldnt and WOULDNT make a tackle to save his life. almost cost us a grand final with his lack of nuts barba is already the best of this bunch but has a little to work to go before he catches johns, cutler, brentnall and potter.