Search results

1. A

Montoya's Leap and more points

Plenty of chatter about how confident he is under the high ball but looks like the kid can get some serious air-time. With Frawley in the team I would love to see us use this more. It's really exciting because only weeks ago I had no idea where points would come from until Kas entered the game...
  2. A

Bulldogs 2 points away from third

With two very winnable games coming up we could find ourselves inside the top 4...Pretty crazy. Pre Broncos match the chatter from the "experts" had us sounding like the worse team to grace a footy field. I'm not saying we are flying. We ain't. It's just funny how quickly the message changes...
  3. A

I never trust form from week 1 to 4

From a punting perspective I have a blanket rule to never trust form in the first four weeks. I start forming an opinion from week 6 onwards. Imagine we won the tight ones against Roosters and Storm?. We weren't far off. Yet Matty Johns writes an article that makes us sound like the worst NRL...
  4. A

How much improvement can Mbye find in his kicking game?

I'm on the Montoya bangwagon. He looks ready made. But if Des does something very Un-Des and gives him a go it looks like Holland gets dropped. Enter: Moses Lotto Mbye. He needs to find a 20% improvement in his goal kicking and I'm not sure he can.
  5. A

Surely Hoppa can't be in the starting 13?

I have no problem with Hoppa. I have no problem with getting him on the cheap to provide depth. I can't get my head around having a player in your starting 13 that won't be at the GF if you make it? Most people here think we have no chance of making the GF, but still. Surely you have to go...
  6. A

Finals are cagey and that is what gives me hope

Finals are usually won in defence. Forwards usually dictate the outcome, this gives me hope. I don't think we need to have the classiest halves to win. I think we have to be the most aggressive on the day. Want it the most. My belief has been fading but a small part of me still believes Hasler...
  7. A

Reynolds first half kicking game

Josh was bang on. Nailed all his kicks. Hope he keeps it up in the second half! The kicking game of the dogs cops a hiding on here so i thought i should big it up when they get it right. The tripping might an issue though...
  8. A

Josh Reynolds HAS improved

I keep reading about people bashing Reynolds. IMO he has improved this year. Sure we would all like to see him play like a Thurston but if you want a Thurston you have to pay Thurston $'s. Josh isn't on that type of money. Guess what? You can't afford a roster with superstars in every position...
  9. A

Round 1 against Manly compared to now

I thought in the first game of the season we played a good looking style of footy. I liked how we looked in attack. Is it just me or have we never looked the same since? And if the answer is YES then the question is WHY? Is it that Manly allowed us to play that way or have we just decided to...