Search results

1. COVENS

Let's Trot with Burton

16:35 - mentions that he's putting in everything to succeed as being a halfback
  2. COVENS

Opinion Perspective

This is in no way meant to excuse the score line, or performances yesterday from the coaching staff and players but there are a few truths that need to be said to balance out the suicide cult running rampant on here. We went into yesterday with 8/17 guys that are 3 weeks into playing together...
  3. COVENS

Opinion If...

... We sign Mahoney, this would have to go down as one of, if not the single greatest season of signings ever, right?
  4. COVENS

Opinion Who should be our #7 2022 - a comparison for the stat nerds

I've had some spare time recently so I collated all the relevant halves stats from this last season into Excel and then went about looking into averages, per possessions, usages and usage tendencies. The first table shows players productivity per 100 Possessions, the second shows usage...
  5. COVENS

Opinion The Allan Issue

The theory behind the signing of Corey Allan was sound. Good size, ball playing, part of a winning culture at the Rabbits and actually really contributed there last year when Latrell dropped out. The problem is that he doesn't fit as well as we would have hoped here (yes, with limited...
  6. COVENS

Opinion Thoughts

1. The hate for S.Katoa has officially gone too far. 2 clean line breaks, sweet little kick for the try assist, when he gets it right - his service is crisp. Not saying he's great or that he should be resigned etc, just trying to offer objectivity. 2. We keep saying we've spent enough on backs...
  7. COVENS

Opinion Top 30 restriction

Canterbury Cup experts. Who gets a run when the restriction drops? We know Schoupp is more than likely, Deitz and Topine are probably always in and around that extended squad, but who else does Baz try?
  8. COVENS

BBO

Where is he? How's he going?
  9. COVENS

Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Just wanted to collect all the rumours regarding Burton, Naden, Leniu, Crichton etc in one place. I'm going to go through a bunch of posts in the coming days and edit this post with a summary of any posters oil/inside info etc. Be interesting to get a gauge on whose accurate. If you are...
  10. COVENS

Opinion Schoupp

What's the consensus on this bloke? Does he get a run next year?
  11. COVENS

Opinion Napa

The game is blowing past him: unfit, slow, 1 dimensional, lazy. Might have been several factors but we seemed to look far more dangerous with To'omaga and Sue in the middle - quick feet through the ruck. Should be dropped to the bench next week to see if we miss him - if not, loan him to the...
  12. COVENS

Opinion Isaiah Tass?

CC watchers: Is he first grade ready? Looks pretty mobile, is he an option for one of the two centre spots? Something like: 1. Hoppa 2. Smith 3. Harper 4. Tass 5. DWZ
  13. COVENS

NBN Modem advice

Need some help mates. Moving to a new house in a few weeks and I'm pretty much decided on Aussie Broadband as my ISP, problem is their stock Modem looks pretty junk. Can anybody make a suggestion for a decent one that won't cost $600 and be powerful enough to cover 3 heavy users over 2 levels?
  14. COVENS

Controversial Opinion

Lichaa has improved on weaknesses in his game (decision making, passing off the deck, leadership) and is still being hammered by some for his history and reputation. At this point in time, he's the best option at 9 that we have. Fight me
  15. COVENS

Who is the Best and Fairest ref in the comp?

Just thinking about which ref I'd want running Origin, I like the honesty of Badger but Perenara seems to be the most fair and least biased. ?
  16. COVENS

Josh Morris

Is he ready to be put out to pasture? Move him on? Drop him back to Intrust? If yes, do we chase Jordan Kahu mainly for goal kicking?
  17. COVENS

Bird or Tedesco

If we were to throw $1 mil+ at one of these two, who would you prefer for fullback? The dynamic ball runner with a history of injuries, Tedesco Or Arguably the more creative, bigger bodied Jack Bird who has a reputation as a money chaser?
  18. COVENS

Blues fullback

I don't care if you don't like Origin, close the thread - I love it. How long can Tedesco hold Trbojevic off for the #1 jersey?
  19. COVENS

Discussion: Bulldogs Hooker

There seems to a growing number of people who like the idea of Mbye being moved to starting hooker. I've long been an advocate of giving Lichaa until 25 years old to round out his game before we lump him as being a dud. It's undeniable Mbye could give us a dangerous runner out of dummy half...
  20. COVENS

Discussion: Dragons

The Dragons having moved Marshall on and playing Josh McCrone at the 7 have had early season success. Not only in terms of wins, but they're playing a lot of decent footy. McCrone's kicking game is woeful, he isn't a game breaker or overly talented, but: 1. How much of their success do you put...
  21. COVENS

Router

So my router just shit itself, overheated i think. Stupid question can you pretty much buy a new router, plug it in and be good to go? @Mr Invisible @Hacky McAxe
  22. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: Raelene's Sperm Cells (Bulldog_4_Life) vs Raelenes LoveRocket (Mr Invisible)

@Bulldog_4_Life Johnathan Thurston, Darius Boyd, Andrew McCullough, Ryan James, Josh Papalii, Dane Gagai, Ethan Lowe, Tim Simona, Russell Packer, Kyle Feldt, Iosia Soliola, Jackson Hastings, Jarrod Wallace, Kurt Mann, Robbie Rochow, Jai Arrow, Brenton Lawrence, James Gavet. @Mr Invisible...
  23. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: Vote 1 Mayor Quimby (Bulldogs09) vs Raelene's Refugees (Interestingg)

@Bulldogs09 Jason Taumalolo, Kieran Foran, Valentine Holmes, Robbie Farah, Boyd Cordner, James Tamou, Kane Elgey, Justin O'Neil, Kenny Edwards, Clinton Gutherson, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Manu Vatuvei, Issac Yeo, Joseph Manu, Sam McKendry, Mose Masoe, John Asiata, Luke Bateman. @Interestingg...
  24. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: West Woolgoolga Pig Knuckles (leviathan) vs TAB (pisssst)

@leviathan 1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Bryson Goodwin 5. Nene MacDonald 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Nathan Cleary (Gk) 8. Jake Trbojevic 9. Rory Kostjacyn 10. Ben Matulino 11. Luke Lewis (C) 12. Manu Ma'u 13. Bryce Cartwright 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Nathan Brown 16. Kane Evans 17...
  25. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: Lords Lizards (Lord) vs Sydney Freakz (Robbie Fowler)

@Lord Shaun Johnson, Josh Dugan, Sam Burgess, Simon Mannering, David Klemmer, David Fusitu'a, Corey Oates, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Api Koroisau, Aidan Guerra, Alex Glenn, Scott Bolton, Kodi Nikorima, Ricky Leutele, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Sam Mataora, Trent Hodkinson, Addin Fonua-Blake. @Robbie Fowler...
  26. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: Tolman on the 4th (ElMagicElMasri) vs Boxing Bulldogs (Boxer)

@ElMagicElMasri James Maloney, Michael Ennis, Tom Trbojevic, Gareth Widdop, Matt Scott, Greg Bird, Elijah Taylor, Paul Vaughan, Konrad Hurrell, Josh Hoffman, Antonio Winterstein, Shaun Fensom, Anthony Don, Ben Hannant, Leeson Ah Mau, Thomas Leuluai, Pauli Pauli, Pat Mata'utia. @Boxer Matt...
  27. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: (Mitch Connor) vs (Dw)

@Mitch Connor Josh Hodgson, Corey Norman, Andrew Fifita, Chad Townsend, Brett Morris, James Graham, Jack Wighton, Kevin Proctor, Jack De Belin, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Whare, Sione Mata'utia, Joel Thompson, Agnatius Paasi, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Ava Seumanufagai, Kurt Capewell. @Dw...
  28. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd 1: Blood In, Blood Out (cbb1911) vs Doggies Dogs (Doggies2015)

@cbb1911 Cooper Cronk, Greg Inglis, Jake Granville, Tyson Frizell, Aaron Woods, Kalyn Ponga, Dale Finucane, Jordan McLean, Curtis Rona, Kane Linnett, Coen Hess, James Fisher Harris, Ken Maumalo, Darcy Lussick, Tim Grant, Dene Halatau, Blake Green, Issac De Gois. @Doggies2015 Roger...
  29. COVENS

VOTING CLOSED - Rd1: BBQ Burners (Marley) vs Jizzed up Irrelevance (khan)

@Marley - TEAM COMPLETE Cameron Smith, Lachlan Coote, Aidan Sezer, Trent Merrin, Tohu Harris, Bodene Thompson, Josh Macguire, Euan Aitken, Nathan Ross, Josh Morris, Matt Prior, Connor Watson, Aaron Gray, Daniel Saifiti, Ryan Matterson, Jamie Buhrer, Luke Douglas, Nate Myles. @khan - TEAM...
  30. COVENS

Abbey

Whose been following his development. Will he be ready for first grade next year? 1. Abbey 2. B.Moz 3. J.Moz 4. Hoppa 5. Lee/Phillips
  31. COVENS

Fine

Pretty early for a full analysis, but what are peoples initial thoughts on him? Gives a different dimension on the edge, bit of foot work, I'm keen to see more.
  32. COVENS

Telstra

Anybody still having issues with Telstra broadband? My ADSL has just come back on but I can't connect to it without it dropping out.
  33. COVENS

Jersey slinging

Rewatching the Broncos v Warriors game and Nikorima takes a dart from dummy half, finds a gap and goes for it. He's only pulled down by a wild grab from Gavet around the collar and is violently yanked backwards, we've seen the Burgess twins and others do this countless times. How is this not an...
  34. COVENS

Creating arable farm land in the desert

As the title. Having a beer and a joint with a mate the other day and got talking about the concern of Australian exports and reliance on coal at the moment which developed into ways to use the great expanse of desert in central Australia. Hypothetically speaking, would it be plausible in...
  35. COVENS

The best use for T.Williams 2016

If it was up to you, how would you use him next year? Move Lafai out one and put him into the centers? Bench? NSW Cup? Persevere with him in the pack? I think the biggest issue here is laziness and needing direction to get him running onto the ball at pace, putting him 1 on 1 with weak...