Search results

1. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I've got plenty on my lap top thanks SOH, have a huge movie library here which helps. Got some good news, looks like they have found a way to slowly pump up my BP.
  2. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Always welcome to drop in for coffee Zee. Think they even have a 7 Eleven here LOL
  3. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

No, I only did 4 nights ICU. Hated the place. I'm stuck in a ward, feel ok laying down, it's only when I try to sit up or stand up. So it's all bed pans and sponge baths, one I don't mind:-). The Dark clouds started forming yesterday, so I've asked to see a Psychologist before that bloody pit...
  4. Drop Bear

Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Faaaaarrrrrrkkkkkk!!! Oh well, what was expected. For my part, I'm proud of how my team has dug in and kept trying regardless of the shit storm going on around them. I hope you feel, if nothing else, the Eels team deserve a bit of respect for they way they kept coming back, especially last night.
  5. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Just an update on myself. This old lap top is a bit hit and miss and can only get on every now and again. Medically, I'm in no danger. In saying that, I can't sit, walk or stand as my BP is so low. Tonight marks 20 nights in this place and there is no end in sight. They are trying all different...
  6. Drop Bear

Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Here I am propped up in hospital bed feeling sorry for myself, then I read this. OMG my heart is breaking for you and your family. To have to watch while your young sister goes through this must be tearing you apart. I know others have asked, but I have a rough conection here. Did you try...
  7. Drop Bear

Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Omg I'm sitting in hospital and then read this. Jimmypop went to Teo and his tumor is shrinking. Have a word with him.
  8. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Ed I saw you have moved upmarket and have an alfesco. As soon as I'm well enough, I'll finish my back deck off. I think I may have told you it has an outdoor kitchen, pizza oven, all the bells and whistles. I can see you me and SOH sitting out there talking shit one day if you can make it up.
  9. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

SOH, I read your post on 1EE and received it in the heart felt way it was intended. Your words and efforts have left me speechless. I am truly floored by the way many of you have accepted me here. We may be rivals on the field, but that stops the game has ended. They tell me it takes one week to...
  10. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Thanks Wolfie. The jury is out on Semi. I'll wait for the findings. I've always been a Semi fan, but if it turns out that he has raised his hand to his women, then I am happy for him to fark off to Union. I have no time for wife beaters, the lowest form of coward. How is it so hard to turn away...
  11. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

none. Early days:-)
  12. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

lol. gall stones!!
  13. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Dogluv Dogluva, thank you so much for passing on my messages and I am humbled by all of your messages of support and prayers. I thought my number was up in ICU last week, I think the driving will to get back to my family was what kept me going that night. I also had this amazing vision in...
  14. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Why were you moving things??. I hope you get over this. BTW, I'm back on line:-)
  15. Drop Bear

Round 15 non Bulldogs discussion

I think considering the amount of players out that they played well with the exception of about 15 mins. French is a find and Semi just keeps getting better.
  16. Drop Bear

Damian Jobson injured in tackle - please donate.

Only just saw this Skippy. The family will have a long and hard road in front of them. In this type of injury, we both know they will be looking for lotto figures to provide whats needed in the way of transport and basic support services over the years. Not to mention another dad who can't get...
  17. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I can't remember the last good feed I had. Bet you're the same!!
  18. Drop Bear

Donor Awareness - Worksheet

Still have a few problems to fix but just so happy to be home.More tired than anything else.
  19. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Tired and hungry. I think they may have these meds sorted out a bit better. This time last month I was about 93 kgs, I'm 82 now and still going down. Needed a wheelchair this time to leave, but should be bouncing about again when I get some of the cooks great tucker
  20. Drop Bear

Yes you do and so do I :-)
  21. Drop Bear

G'Day Idris. Thanks for asking, in my case and I think the same as Assassin, it's a waiting game. I've just spent another week in the PAH here in Brisbane and I can only thank God for the dedication of the staff there. The testing is exhausting but the reward well worth the effort. I spent my...
  22. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Finally made it home. I'm so over hospital!!
  23. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Thanks SOH. Trust me here in that as much as they look after me and you wouldn't want anywhere else in my condition, that I'd rather be home and annoying you lot:-). But I can't let this keep going as it is. If my condition slips too far, then I won't be able to accept the organ when the call...
  24. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

There is only one who can look after me. The Princess Alexandria Hospital here in Brisbane, thanks SOH.
  25. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Had a great time with the family over the weekend. I was crook as, but enjoyed watching the kids have their last send off in a while. Pretty sure I'll be back in hospital today as I'm having too much trouble here at home. If anything gets me, it won't be my kidney's, it will be the prescription...
  26. Drop Bear

Mods to have a busy week

Didn't think you were such a sook Skippy:-). None of you have a patch on me for team dedication!! You think you know what suffering is?? The Bulldogs is school yard stuff compared to following the Eels!!!! Now THAT takes courage to watch each week!!!!
  27. Drop Bear

Dirtiest players in the game

These two make old Hoppa look like a saint!!
  28. Drop Bear

LOL. You just can't help yourself:-)
  29. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

He got in safe. Party:-)
  30. Drop Bear

81 pages!! What's, there is no other club to talk about@!!
  31. Drop Bear

Bulldogs v Sharks: Preview

I wish you all well but don't like your chances in this one.
  32. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Leaves about midday.
  33. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I knew it was going to be wet, but the bottom half of my street is flooded before we even start. Of all the weekends to do this. Not even sure if I can get him from the airport. Train is starting to look good:-(
  34. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Crook as but moving forward. One of mine flew into Sydney this morning and is flying up today. My only concern is the weather closing in. Very excited.
  35. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

On another note, today and tomorrow is one of those rare occasions that my children will be in the same city at the same time. May not happen for another two years. The reno's are close enough to finished and it will be the party of the year. I may not be able to eat or drink, but I can watch...
  36. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

And of all of us who gather, you always come up with the least complaints and the wisest words. I am very much looking forward to meeting you in the hopefully not too distant future.
  37. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Shit sorry Bro. Yesterday was a bastard and I thought if I'm not giving up neither are you. I don't know what's worse at times, the complaint or the so called cure they throw at you. I still think the most dangerous tool a doctor has is that bloody prescription pad. For the first time, there is...
  38. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Yes you do. Like me, your a dad. I just got them to let me back out and just got back home. I had to beg them to sign me off so I could come home and spend a few days with the family. Sunday will be the last time I see all of them together for perhaps two years. If I've learned anything battling...
  39. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

That's the spirit :-)
  40. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

there is a diet after the diet. Everything has to be pretty much double cooked from what I've been told. Just going to take it one day at a time. I don't know when the call comes. Could be tomorrow or next year.
  41. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

PMSL
  42. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Looking forward to finding out:-)
  43. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

So what happens to Assassin if he gets a gay heart???
  44. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I doesn't matter as my taste buds are shot. The dialysis takes so much fluid out of you it's like constant dehydration. It's like being on a cold cardboard diet. Once the transplant goes ahead, the system statrs returning to normal.
  45. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

LOL. No:-)
  46. Drop Bear

Forans Season Over

All in jest:-)
  47. Drop Bear

Forans Season Over

And the second time :-)
  48. Drop Bear

Forans Season Over

LOL. No you don't!!
  49. Drop Bear

What don't you wanna see in origin?

Ha. We still have less points scored against :-)
  50. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Looking forward to it for both of us:-)
  51. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

That is going to be tough. I'm seeing them in 2 hours this morning and may get some more information. But your right, mine will be fairly easy compared to you. I'm also very happy with the doctors I'm dealing with.
  52. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Removed!! FMD I thought you had it stapled!!.
  53. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Five nights in hospital. Then everyday at clinic for six weeks. If everything is ok then, it just following instructions and I should be good for another ten wooden spoons:-)
  54. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

It's all good. Just letting off some steam and frustration. I have no doubt Assassin feels the same. Can't do all the little things you take for granted. I'd even settle for a Kebab!!
  55. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I'm sick of being sick. Just once, I'd like to get 6-8 hours sleep. I'd like to sit down to a meal where I don't have to work out if I can fit it into my diet. I'm so tired of being thirsty 24 hours a day. Is a works hamburger washed down with a coupla schooners so much to ask?? A supreme pizza...
  56. Drop Bear

What don't you wanna see in origin?

I'd like to see the Toads flogged!!
  57. Drop Bear

Round 12 discussion ( Non Bulldogs)

Coach, I'm just happy with a win at this stage:-) I've still got 7 days of Wolfies logo!!
  58. Drop Bear

Care factor zero. Bait all ya want :-)
  59. Drop Bear

Like Steve Sharp LOL
  60. Drop Bear

No body runs it!! What do you expect, but we still won:-) LOL
  61. Drop Bear

Who cares, we won:-)
  62. Drop Bear

Don't care, gotta win:-)
  63. Drop Bear

Don't care. Gotta a win on it. Only one I won this weekend!!!!!!
  64. Drop Bear

YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  65. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I'm an extrovert, always have been. In saying that, I can completely understand not wanting to answer a continual roll of 'How are you today' questions. Some days I just want to try and forget I'm sick and just do normal things that everyone takes for granted. A pizza and a beer is a great...
  66. Drop Bear

I wonder how much I'd get back for my 50 year investment??
  67. Drop Bear

Retrieving Iphone data

I only wrote to Iphone this morning telling them what a piece of crap their bloody phone is. Everytime I try to do something like upload a photo it asks for a password I can never remember. I'll go back to a Sony. Stick a cable in it and out come the photos. Is that so bloody much to ask!!
  68. Drop Bear

These days do you care about Origin?

You should try living amongst them during Origin periods. Or bloody worse still, trying to watch the news when that slimy 'King Tosser Wally' comes on TV with that stupid smirk on his face telling any Qld'er arsehole who will listen how great they all are. What a pack of wankers!! But if you can...
  69. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I found a new energy source on Thursday when I had an endoscopy. I'm pretty certain the way I was farting afterwoods that some prick stuck a compressed air hose up my arse!!. I just hope no one lights a match near me over the next few days or I might achieve lift off!!
  70. Drop Bear

Sydney's worst drivers

Exactly. I used to think pink slips were a pain in the arse back home. Not anymore!!
  71. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

I'm not big on religion and you have clearly stated why. I believe in God, but like yourself, I don't understand why he/she would let anyone suffer like that. I'm the last of my paternal family, some went in the night, others like my father laid in a hospital bed for a month suffering a long and...
  72. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Sorry to hear that Mr.I. The only thing worse than watching a loved one fad is when they are suffering.
  73. Drop Bear

Sydney's worst drivers

Not alone in your thoughts there. It's not even like guidelines!! I think the fact you don't need pick slips to re-register your car doesn't help!!
  74. Drop Bear

Kieran Foran on indefinite leave from NRL

Hayne coming back will be next after after he finds free style diving or something like that. I have supported the club since most of you were still swimming around in your dear old dad's Y Fronts. If anything, it is now a great example of how self interest can destroy what was a rich and...
  75. Drop Bear

Attn Mac

Crap. I can change a TV channel whilst sipping on a single malt. That's multi-tasking!!
  76. Drop Bear

The term "Partner"

Minister of War and Finances!!
  77. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

As soon as I can travel we'll have a word. Is it very far to Wangi Workers?
  78. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Hey you could talk me into that. Want to send me some rates.
  79. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

When they do this, I'm in everyday at the PAH for six weeks. After the all clear is given, I can plan a trip. Would love to meet as many of you as I can.
  80. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Thanks Wolfie, that means a lot. Can't take the smile off my face at present. All I need now is those x ray glasses we talked about :-) LOL
  81. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

After knowing about this for 14 years, I passed my last hurdle today. My ducks are now lined up and I'm good to go at a moments notice. This is a road bump, you're going to beat this and at some point in the not too distant future, I'm coming down so we can both celebrate a win.
  82. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

Shakes his head:-)
  83. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

It will make you stronger. Go Girl:-)
  84. Drop Bear

Police investigating after Corey Normans friends found with capsules on them.

In my 50 years supporting them, I've never seen so much negative press in such a short period. But I could no more turn my back on my team than you could. Seriously, WTF were they thinking. Anyone with an IQ of 50 would have known not to get into the shot in the first place. Now, drugs charges...
  85. Drop Bear

Police investigating after Corey Normans friends found with capsules on them.

I look at this and think of those young blokes I spoke about in clinic. What they wouldn't give to have half the opportunities that these three have just pissed away. Hopefully, this may end up a reality check for them.
  86. Drop Bear

Round 9 Fundraiser Bets To Save A Young Man's Life

Jimmy that made my day. I hope and pray that tumour disappears and that you and your lovely wife can get back to planning a long and happy life. Let Snake know mate, he'll be over the moon at the news.
  87. Drop Bear

The "R U OK ?" Thread

As well as the usual problems I've had over the last few weeks, I have been battling fluid in my system. My weight jumped from 84 kgs to 93kgs during last week and they have given me a few new toys to help get over this. The main one is intake. If you sit down to a meal that has a cup of rice in...
  88. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

Just shows I am capable of an act of good faith :-)
  89. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

Wolfie wins. I'll wear hers for two weeks :-)
  90. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

I have a better idea. A fresh bet between you and me. I win, it's a one week logo for you. You win, I'll wear for three weeks. Sound fair??
  91. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

Well, I'm not against wearing a logo for a week. I just need some ideas
  92. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

Do you have a suggestion Wolfie??
  93. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

My Fav
  94. Drop Bear

#2MoreLosses

Need some votes here people