Search results

1. Kenya

News Look at the 2000s sides... they had brutal packs’: The ‘fabric’ Bulldogs desperately miss

Obvious truth. Forwards win games. Not a lot our stellar backs can do until we have the power up front. 2004, the 80’s, 1995, ‘88 - each team a brutal pack, including a frightening bench. Made us relentless and un-stoppable.
  2. Kenya

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

Forwards win games. Whan we have them, our stella backline options become effective.
  3. Kenya

Totally ripped off

Why was Kiks try disallowed?
  4. Kenya

Totally ripped off

Talaki drops it, then kicks the dropped ball. It got called a 'drop kick'. Bit weird but maybe in the rules.
  5. Kenya

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

Blah blah. One thing is clear. We're all looking for a win over Sharks. We fans are ready for some wins.
  6. Kenya

News Legend Still Not Convinced Bulldogs Star is a 5/8th

Burto was magic at centre for Panthers. Outside the games best halves. (Arguably). He has under-whelmed at 6 for us. And it does not seem to be improving.
  7. Kenya

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Me too KiwiDog7. Unforgettable. i had never heard of him - what was he, 19 yeara old? Instant ‘who is this guy?’ Impact.
  8. Kenya

Player Stats from the Sharks Trial

Is Kikau doing enough?
  9. Kenya

Missing Piece of the Puzzle

Another we don’t have prop forwards thread.
  10. Kenya

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Best part of today’s result was the no points by Melbourne in the second half.
  11. Kenya

Watch The Bulldogs On Kayo For Cheaper

From Kenya am exploring VPN solutions. Says it will link my computer direct to TV station so I can watch as if I’m in Australia. Anyone overseas know about this? Recommendation?
  12. Kenya

Do you expect much improvement in our defense?

Our '23 defence was leaking through the middle. That's the most humiliating thing that can happen on a field. RFM was one of several players who just stopped showing up for us in '23, more than anything D is an attitude thing. If Ciraldo has the right D structure being applied by players with...
  13. Kenya

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

And i hate Rugby League my parents forced me to play.
  14. Kenya

News Brutal’ truth behind Bulldogs photo as full extent of Gus revolution laid bare

The pathway development is exciting because the pricetag of a devleopment player is much lower than buying stars. We are on track for some good stuff.
  15. Kenya

Official RFM granted immediate release

Thanks RFM. Hope this is the best for the player and team. What are the financials? Are we paying freight?
  16. Kenya

We asked NRL clubs their fastest, fittest and strongest players... the results are stunning

Xerri, four years out of the game...and has beefed up a lot. Maybe he is still fast, maybe not.
  17. Kenya

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Les Johns - genius ahead of his time Johnny Greaves (centre, v tough) Johnny Rhodes (fast winger) Kevin Ryan (prop forward) scary tough captain - became a Barrister. These idols kept me going to Belmore week in and out and made me want to play. Then: Turvey Baa Kelly Tunks Cement was my hero...
  18. Kenya

BRAKING! Doggs will not chase AFB anymore yo

This is good. If Ciraldo can post some wins in 2024 and at least get to 8, 9, 10 on the ladder, quality players will start to come cheaper. Paying overs is not sustainable. Ask Des.
  19. Kenya

Addo carr deleted IG

I reckon he might be leaving - we have bought so many backs - like maybe the club has been preparing.
  20. Kenya

Your favourite doggies centres from the 90s till present

Vagana, Tonga, J Mos, Darren Smith, Tony Currie Liked Talau and Matthew Ryan a lot (Ryan was hard)
  21. Kenya

Opinion Where would you splurge the cash

100% - been going on for years. Its not about we need ONE forward. Take a look at our 2004 pack and bench - demonstrates how thin we are now. O' Meley Willie Mason Steve Price Roy Asotasi SBW Andrew Ryan Grimaldi Corey Hughes Adam Perry Reni Maitua
  22. Kenya

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

This clandestine meeting shit is juvenile. So what - the man has meetings - with players - because that is his job. And the media, most of whom are negative towards our rise, post this shit. Yaaaaaawn
  23. Kenya

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Another outside back - just what we need...? Forwards? In particular prop forwards?
  24. Kenya

Where do the Bulldogs Finish in 2024 ?

No prop forwards. Not expecting much. Buy the best back line in the world, But forwards win games.
  25. Kenya

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

Don’t want Luai - Cleary makes him look better than he is.
  26. Kenya

Alex Twal getting released from tigers!

We need depth. 2023 showed that. 2004 GF forward pack 8 Mark O’Meley 9 Adam Perry 11 Willie Mason 12 Andrew Ryan (C) 14 Reni Maitua 13 Tony Grimaldi This was our 2004 GF bench. 15 Corey Hughes 16 Roy Asotasi 17 Sonny Bill Williams 18 Johnathan Thurston
  27. Kenya

News Canterbury Bulldogs Set To Apply For Historic NRLW License Declare Themselves Fully Equipped To Host Matches

This is good news. Hopefully some of our girls from the Mombasa Bulldogs, Kenya will play for the team.
  28. Kenya

Bulldogs Store Sale

Wow mate this is wonderful. Really appreciate this. Will dm you after training today
  29. Kenya

Bulldogs Store Sale

Will do I’m on it now mate.
  30. Kenya

Bulldogs Store Sale

Great idea - if anyone knows how to get a short email / photos to Gus or his team. Loads of images mate - just a bit hesitant to post them out of repect for the kennel and it’s rules? Anyone know a mod we can ask. Thanks for the encouragement. The kids are v poor and the game is enriching...
  31. Kenya

Bulldogs Store Sale

Hope this is ok mods - photos of our U14 girls - Mombasa Bulldogs (yes we need blue and white kits).
  32. Kenya

Bulldogs Store Sale

Can anyone put me in touch with the store? Would love donations or equipment (used is fine) and kits, training shorts etc for our kids teams here in Kenya.
  33. Kenya

Thoughts on the RFM and Topine situation

We should not have let Meaney go, and letting Avarillo go is not good. Local junior etc....nooooooo.
  34. Kenya

Opinion JAC

Same feeling here mate. Some of the players want out - while the coaching team reflect and prepare. Currently our team costs too much and delivers too little.
  35. Kenya

James Graham Puts Andrew Davey Back In His Place

Davey’s comments are the noise of a resentful ‘also ran’. Who cares? Another poor performance by the team today. Their heart is not in it. Things have not jelled yet with the players & the coaching staff.
  36. Kenya

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

“Because they’re losing they find things to whinge about.” Hits home. “Some of these players have checked out.” Hoping the club sticks together and asks the whingers to leave. Regardless of who they are. it will be faster if we deal with it now - short term pain, for medium term gain. Our...
  37. Kenya

News Why Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo must accept criticism of his own performance

I support Ciraldo 100%. The wrestling incident seems ike fair game. Suspect fringe players are using it as a weapon - I imagine this sort of stuff goes on at other clubs? Of course Ciraldo will be reflecting and learning. He is smart. He might be trying to impose Premiership winning standards...
  38. Kenya

Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

“The days were longer at the place I was previously.” Wake up Dogs. If this is what it takes, get on with it.
  39. Kenya

Bulldogs player walks out

Just saw an interview with Willie Mason. His colourful expletive laden response was basically "F... them. If they can't handle the training, then they can't be a Bulldog." I like that.
  40. Kenya

News NRL 2023: Why Canterbury Bulldogs must let players leave to fix toxic culture

The pressure on Ciraldo is enormous. It will take a lot to turn this around.
  41. Kenya

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

There are people on here who watched the team crush opponents in the 80’s - most of those players played for love and got little out of it. I’ve met Baa, Dave Gillespie, Willie Mason, Peter Mortimer and to me they were humble heroes. Like many of you I cherish every moment I spent playing the...
  42. Kenya

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Comparing it to our collective real world isn’t helpful. I haven’t played first grade so wouldn’t know what works with athletes / bodies / injuries / mental fatigue etc Time is running for Ciraldo - we failed to attract Haas, Tino - is that because they also do not believe in CC? He has next...
  43. Kenya

Presser vs Manly...

Ciraldo sounds as of he has lost repect for (some) of the players. Guessing its a two way street.
  44. Kenya

Knockonbor Defensive Effort

‘Okunbur’, ‘defensive’ and ‘effort’
  45. Kenya

News PREMIERSHIP ‘Boo all you want’: The ‘terrible’ issue Ciraldo must fix; Dogs’ rare shining light — Big Hits

Teams can now run straight through the middle of our forward pack. Everyone knows how humiliating that is and that it means the forwards have given up. They don’t want to play for Ciraldo or the Dogs. There is no question that after $ millions have been spent on new players & coaches, we have...
  46. Kenya

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

And another team puts 40 on us. As we once again fall apart in the last 20.
  47. Kenya

News James Graham thinks Bulldogs fans should trust the process

Yes Kempsey Dog, the Vegas games are a bink wank - will do nothing for the game - not sustainable. Keep the gambling out of the game.
  48. Kenya

Our top 30 2024

Nice post mate. As it is now, we are short on forwards. We possibly need another 5 to have enough depth.
  49. Kenya

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

A grade level defence by Dogs. Good to get a win.
  50. Kenya

It's a culture problem': Bulldogs breakdown - Where are they going wrong? | NRL 360 | Fox League

Hey very cool Noosa Dog - thanks for reaching out. Yes I’ve been here since 2007 - started a Sports NGO in schools - many kids now play Rugby League! Been all over, now based in Mombasa. Where is she from? How long in Oz? Have you been here mate? Tell her ‘Uta baki poa’ from me (stay cool /...
  51. Kenya

It's a culture problem': Bulldogs breakdown - Where are they going wrong? | NRL 360 | Fox League

To win you at least need two things. A plan. And the team that will go through the pain - set standards and execute. Two weeks ago Assassin posted about some players...RFM was mentioned...dissent...reckon he might have been spot on. Note that media is saying RFM is free to go. Weed 'em out is...
  52. Kenya

Liam Knight?

We need a starting pack, A solid bench And depth. He’s signed until end of ‘24, so basically he’s being given a shot to earn a contract and fit into one of the above.
  53. Kenya

Rd 21 v Panthers

Inconceivable that after all the signings, the Bulldogs can slip this far in defence. After some initial positive signs, we have plummeted to new lows in the second half of this season. Questions need to asked of Ciraldo, his strategies and relationships with players.
  54. Kenya

News Pressure mounting on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from familiar source

I agree Northern BD Our points against record is by far the worst in the league. We finished 12th last year and are running at 16th after this weekend (unless we beat Panthers). We are not clear of the wooden spoon yet. We had early signs of improvement under Ciraldo. That has stopped, since...
  55. Kenya

Opinion Crichton and Xerri not enough

Agree. And without a dominating pack to run behind, the best backs in the world can't fire. We have paid too much for too little upfront - Thomo, TPJ.
  56. Kenya

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Wow dogluva! I was at that game - 12 years old Yep he sure could kick thanks for the memory.
  57. Kenya

TPJ

His signing shows us what not to do. Buying players on what we think we can make them, instead of what they are. He was a big potential under-achiever at other clubs also.
  58. Kenya

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

The current team has only a couple of players out injured. Kikau and Thompson. Pele seems to have dropped to reserve grade. (?) Yes we had a horror run with injuries but that is not the case now - we have dipped since last year. We have dipped in the last 6 weeks. Missed tackles have been...
  59. Kenya

An explanation?

This feels right Assassin. Thanks for the post. Now we wait for the bubble to burst and the explosions.
  60. Kenya

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

This is a disaster. Ciraldo is becoming a question mark.
  61. Kenya

Copping it from a non NRL supporter

All great players James. Stan Cutler was poetry to watch. Johns was a freak - who commanded attention because he could just do stuff and was electrifying to watch. His kicking game seemed that he could make the ball bounce any way he chose.
  62. Kenya

Copping it from a non NRL supporter

That’s so true Moedogg - have always considered myself fortunate and have a lot of gratitude to have seen Les Johns play and the stunning rise, under Bullfrog, of the frightening power of our 80’s forward pack and the 4 GFs we won in that decade. i am certain we will rise again.
  63. Kenya

Reality check - We are still far off

We have half a spine. And at best half a forward pack. We lack depth - our great teams had bench players who were as good as the run on players.
  64. Kenya

Official Round 15: Bulldogs V.s. Parramatta, Match day thread:

Does anyone know what is going on with Pele?
  65. Kenya

What’s the plan B for 2024 …

Forwards win games. Until we have a dominant pack and bench, we will struggle. We lack depth.
  66. Kenya

Official TPJ selected for Blues

TPJ is an ‘another chance’ pleader. The man is 27 years old - he knows exactly what is required in first grade. No more talk, the man cannot deliver, we need a clean out, including Thomo.
  67. Kenya

SOO

The Turbo selection was useless.
  68. Kenya

Ciraldo’s mid season report

I love his no excuses toughness. We don’t have the forward depth to challenge yet.
  69. Kenya

Opinion 7 years of GroundHog Day So Far ..

TPJ, Thompson are flops, we need to get out of that. And the sight of RFM still running to get on side on the second set after that guy made a big break and ran up the field was sickening. These forwards would not have made the side in the Dogs or War days. They lack the motor, they lack...
  70. Kenya

Opinion Alamoti

Hope Xerri can play. Ava might take the other side. And Chrighton out the back is exciting. Bit of depth in the backs.
  71. Kenya

The One on One Steal has become a Joke.

The rule is simple. It’s a one-on-one, except when it isn’t, but the second guy holds you, but let’s go just as the other guy steels it, so its called one-on-one. If it’s a Sunday. If it’s a Saturday the rule is reversed. Simple.
  72. Kenya

News Addo-Carr, Kikau set for longer on NRL sidelines

Trying to see a positive. Gives our young recruits some experience and CC learns more about what our 2024 squad needs to look like. So far, we need a 7, a fullback, a centre and a couple of forwards. Crichton wow, Xerri (hope he can play) plus?
  73. Kenya

Opinion 44 Sin Bins in 7 Rounds ..

Annesley, under your management, the game has deteriiorated away from the players. You and your referees are now the main spotlight in the game and referees have seized control of game outcomes. Your arrogant refusal to hear the outraged voices of the fans is a sham. We pay to see the players...
  74. Kenya

Time for 5 min sin bins?

Refs are controlling game outcomes. It is ruining the game. If its on report - let it be a penalty and a match committee review. Refs have become the stars, the masters of game result. Its wrong.
  75. Kenya

Jerome Luai or Dylan Edwards

Luai crosses the No dickheads policy.
  76. Kenya

The Grub Is Back!

What position did JR play? (i only saw highlights)
  77. Kenya

Official Bulldogs Twin Willows 08/04

Used to have a beer there after training when I was playing 'A' Grade for Bankstown. Lamby and Cement were regulars - I remember looking at Cement leaned over the bar and the size of his arms and back reminded me of a Mac truck...one of the players I admired and still do. Enjoy the day - would...
  78. Kenya

How long has everyone been a bulldogs fan for

1965. Was at the 1967 GF against Souths. The era of Les Johns.
  79. Kenya

Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Unacceptable collapse in the second half. Fuming.
  80. Kenya

Tigers have their backs against the wall. Hoping we put our best game on.
  81. Kenya

News Match Preview-Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: Same 17 likely; Simpkin, Talau set to miss

Better be on. Worst thing we can do is think its going to be easy. A team off the back of two losses will be keen to bounce back.
  82. Kenya

Holy shit. Really? This game is important.
  83. Kenya

Reed Mahoney

Spot on mate that pass was breathtaking. Brilliant.
  84. Kenya

Reed Mahoney

He is a massive influence already. Great to watch.
  85. Kenya

Opinion How deflating seriously?

Holy fuck that’s bad.
  86. Kenya

Opinion How deflating seriously?

The hype is bullshit - I can’t stand the club’s ‘mid week interviews’. Talking shit, losing focus and putting pressure on themselves. I like the old school. Lamb and Mortimer never hyped. Hazem never hyped, or Badger or O’ Meley. Tbh I found the comment about good luck tackling us (on the left...
  87. Kenya

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

100% mate. Just read, Thommo has only played 38 games in three seasons…going into season 4. One of the clubs worst investments.
  88. Kenya

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

We lack depth. Two forwards out and we look light. It might be another year of hit and miss as we look for future. I hope we make the 8, but won’t be surprised if we miss.
  89. Kenya

Lack of Grunt

We begin to see our lack of depth before this week’s Rd 1 game. Take two forwards out - TPJ & Thompson and we look light.
  90. Kenya

EXCLUSIVE: Kyle Flanagan's bold claim ahead of 2023 season

Hasn’t the culture of the game changed. What happened to ‘do your talking on the field’?
  91. Kenya

Ciraldo's challenges 2023

We lack depth. The re-build is going well, but our bench is wobbly. One or two injuries and we are in strife.
  92. Kenya

TPJ Injured ?

We were torn apart on our right side D. Avo's D, what a mess.
  93. Kenya

KIRAZ, WADELL, FLANAGAN

That’s why it’s a shit rule - no ref accountability. Refs have too much power in the modern game
  94. Kenya

Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

It’s our D that is concerning today. They’re a top 4 side. It’s not so bad we lost. It’s the 36 points that hurts.
  95. Kenya

Dogs most hyped rookie since SBW ready to prove he belongs in the NRL

Not into the hype. We finished 12th last year. The changes are exciting. And we haven’t played a game yet. As soon as the whistle blows the hype doesn’t mean shit.
  96. Kenya

Official Flanagun's position "assured" after "outstanding" preseason, baby

Nobody has an ‘assured’ role in an NRL team. In a few weeks the season starts and he and all the players get their crack at delivering consistent champion performances.
  97. Kenya

News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

Four years out of the NRL is a long time. He may or may not get back to elite. It’s a hard road. It will say a lot about him if he makes it - will also say a lot about Gus.