Search results

1. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Well said mate. Bennett has copped a lot of stick for the way he leaves clubs when he walks away, but nothing ever seems to be said about Hasler having the same pattern. Where Hasler goes short term success and long term drama follow
  2. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Des will do what Des does, sign as much talent as he can on back ended deals, pray for early success then get rolled when all the back ending comes home to roost. Titans are in for a good couple of years followed by turmoil soon after. If they are lucky they will get a premiership out of it, if...
  3. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I don’t get this argument. I’m not saying you are wrong, but if there were clubs lining up to sign him, why is he so cheap? Surely if he was in high demand there would have been someone willing to outbid us if our offer was so cheap. And if there was nobody willing to outbid us, then what was...
  4. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

You can look at it that way, I see it as being negligent by bringing a player with a history of drug cheating into the club. All pre season all we heard about was the culture and connection we are trying to build, it seems like a risk to introduce a rogue element into that. People will say I’m...
  5. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah man that’s kinda my point, the fact they try to claim retaining locals is the priority but then leave those discussions until much later in the year is part of what has me annoyed. I can see the points others are making about the whole thing, I’m just not going to agree. To me the fact they...
  6. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I can’t accuse them of not trying, that’s fair, but I can point out he wasn’t their priority. That’s been my point, maybe I’m not accurately conveying it, and that’s on me. No disrespect to anyone else that takes the opposite view, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but from my point of view...
  7. El Mag-Nick

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

The thing is the club seems to want to have it both ways, they want patience for long term success, but they also want forgiveness and freedom to make short term Band-Aid fixes now. If it was just being patient most people could probably cop it (not saying all because there’s always going to...
  8. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Right, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree, but that isn’t the point, opinions are going to be different . But even if you are correct, you don’t get to stand up at every AGM and preach about how one of the highest priorities the club has is retaining and developing juniors and then go out and...
  9. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

No I don’t have OCD, but thanks for the diagnosis. I’m well aware he didn’t murder or rape anyone, as for it not being a normal response for what he was caught doing, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree. I’d rather not have a drug cheat at the club period. I’m also sick of going to every AGM and...
  10. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Have never once backed away from anything I said, all I have done is point out I didn’t call him names or swear or get personal with him. If people want to take that as me not owning it then we can agree to disagree. The fact is we signed a drug cheat centre last December and have now let a...
  11. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Doesn’t make me “feel good about myself” but also doesn’t get my point across. My question wasn’t about Xerri as an individual, it was about signing external drug cheats over juniors as a premise. I’d have said the same if we signed any other drug cheats months before attempting to extend/retain...
  12. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Inaccurate how? He’s played one season and got done for drugs in that season. Hadn’t been allowed to lace a boot for the last 3 and a half years so has absolutely zero record to point to that isn’t under an asterisk for being on roids. As for it being insulting, don’t take the drugs if you...
  13. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I don’t give a shit what his excuse was, there’s always a sob story when people get caught. “Oh I was injured” “oh we trusted the doctors and didn’t ask what was in the needles” “oh it was because my housemate used the same blender” it’s all crap. You can think it was rude to bring it up if you...
  14. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah probably not, but if you don’t want people asking questions about drug cheats, don’t sign someone currently serving a drug cheating ban.
  15. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I literally didn’t say a thing about him personally, no name calling, no insults, didn’t swear at him, just asked why signing a drug cheat was the club’s priority over a local junior off contract. But it’s fine, if he wants to block me he can, I’m a big boy, it just comes off as a little...
  16. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

If you believe that fans and members aren’t entitled to ask questions about the club’s priorities without name calling or swearing at him then that’s fine, we can agree to disagree, but I personally don’t see an issue with asking what I asked. If he doesn’t want to be questioned about signing...
  17. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Remains to be seen if he’s better to be fair. He’s never played under the current rules and any playing record he currently has is when he was on the gear. Hasn’t laced up a boot in 3 and a half years and legally isn’t allowed to for another 5 months yet. You might hope he fulfils his...
  18. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Your opinion mate, still think it is a legit question, why the rush to sign a drug cheat and to let avo walk. If Gus would rather block me than explain why I’m wrong I don’t need to give him any benefit of the doubt. In general I like Gus and what he’s doing, but I don’t agree that a drug...
  19. El Mag-Nick

IS a convicted drug cheat
  20. El Mag-Nick

Gus saw an opportunity to sign him cheap and made the move as a priority, this is the entire point I have been making. If Xerri wasn’t a priority, then let some other club sign him. He was signed at the earliest possible moment because getting him became their priority. If the priority was...
  21. El Mag-Nick

RIPE TO BE SIGNED!?!? He’s legally not allowed to step foot in the place until November this year. You are off your head if you think someone CURRENTLY SERVING a drugs ban was ripe to be signed
  22. El Mag-Nick

I don’t feel the same, I’d rather have no convicted drug cheats at the club than 1 convicted drug cheat doing well, but that’s just my opinion. Agree to disagree
  23. El Mag-Nick

Don’t assume I’m that much of a goldfish mate, everyone is entitled to their opinion so I don’t want it to seem like I’m having a go at anyone for disagreeing with me, but a few good games isn’t going to make me forget that he is a drug cheat
  24. El Mag-Nick

We picked him over everyone coming off contract this year. He was singed in December, 11 months before he’s allowed in the front door. He was signed as a priority over any other player who is coming up for renewal, if he wasn’t a priority he wouldn’t have been the first man signed.
  25. El Mag-Nick

Yeah you are right, he’s the victim here, good on him for taking the drugs, give him the dally M
  26. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah and part of the reason why is because we have too many centres as it is on the books for next year. My question was why is signing the drug cheat such a priority and retaining avo isn’t. If we sign Xerri after avo walks, then I’m less annoyed (I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the...
  27. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

How are they not related? They play the same position and one was signed 11 months before he’s legally allowed to set foot in the club as a priority, one was not seen as a priority and hasn’t been resigned. You can’t tell me that having Xerri on the books already didn’t impact the choice to let...
  28. El Mag-Nick

I don’t buy that rubbish, you earn second chances you don’t deserve them. I don’t give a shit he was 18, plenty of 18 year olds know not to take roids in professional sport. And even if you do want to hand wave his record away as “he was young so it doesn’t count” why is giving some unproven...
  29. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Didn’t swear at him, didn’t call him any names, all I did was ask why signing a drug cheat was such a priority that the club got it done months before he is even legally allowed to train or be involved with the club, and let actual talent walk as a result. I think it’s a fair enough question...
  30. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

If the club is going to sign drug cheats then they need to be prepared to answer questions about why.
  31. El Mag-Nick

If he’s right handed, he probably injects into his left arm
  32. El Mag-Nick

But again, months after signing the drug cheat. If they offered Avo 350 and Drug boy 300 that’s 650 on centres anyway, why not offer Avo the 400 or whatever it was he would have needed to sign on and have 250 spare for other purposes, OR if you make him an offer and he walks, THEN go out and...
  33. El Mag-Nick

Nah, too busy signing drug cheats and sounding out home invaders that 3 other clubs have moved on before the contract term is up.
  34. El Mag-Nick

That’s exactly my point, signing drug cheats that haven’t played for 4 years and can’t even train in a club environment until November shouldn’t have been the priority months ago, retaining talent we have should have been. If we got to the point where that talent had walked and we were desperate...
  35. El Mag-Nick

It’s not that we didn’t keep him, it’s who we signed as a priority before him. Signing some drug cheat blow in and then crying poor and not having the coin to retain players who’s talent doesn’t come from a syringe is the issue. You don’t sign a drug cheat who can’t even play months before you...
  36. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah he blocked me today for asking this @PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered...
  37. El Mag-Nick

Gutted. Absolutely filthy that signing some drug cheat blow in who has never proved to be anything without roids in his system is a higher priority to this club than a talented local junior in the same position, who can cover anywhere from 1-7.
  38. El Mag-Nick

Lodge on radar...

Didn’t know the family he held hostage were such big bulldogs fans.
  39. El Mag-Nick

Lodge on radar...

For me it’s not so much his aggression, it’s more the hostage taking and home invading he’s been known to do.
  40. El Mag-Nick

Lodge on radar...

A drug cheat and now a home invading hostage taker. What the hell is this club thinking?
  41. El Mag-Nick

Opinion CASEY!!!!

Isn’t even good enough for the reserves, get rid of him
  42. El Mag-Nick

Opinion We need NAS

If we could get NAS and a guarantee that he keeps getting refereed/ suspended the same way he does at Melbourne then it’s a no brainer. The truth is though as soon as he comes here all those fines he cops will turn into month long suspensions and we will be paying a fortune for him to sit out...
  43. El Mag-Nick

Official Team List Round 21 v Cowboys + Match Discussion

Ok so they can go watch us when we play any of the 3 Queensland teams as the away team, or watch on tv. When is the cowboys home game at Accor for all their Sydney based fans?
  44. El Mag-Nick

Or, here’s a thought, take games to belmore if you want the suburban feel. I don’t see why it’s up to us to take games to country queensland or anywhere else for that matter.
  45. El Mag-Nick

Why the f*ck are we taking home games to Queensland against Queensland teams, listen to the f*cking crowd, of course they will get all the calls
  46. El Mag-Nick

Opinion I feel sorry for flanno Honestly

What’s the alternative? The next two games are basically no chance no matter who we play, it’s wooden spoon vs grand finalists both weeks, why not use the next two games to get some understanding of each other between the halves and maybe shake out some of the clunkiness they will have together...
  47. El Mag-Nick

Opinion I feel sorry for flanno Honestly

I don’t get why everyone is up in arms over the fact flanno is picked this week. Even the most optimistic of dogs fans would say that the next two weeks are probably lost causes already (I give us a chance against the rabbits, they have been pretty shit themselves so far, nowhere near what they...
  48. El Mag-Nick

6 Again Rule - Are you a fan?

The way it was last year I am a fan, ruck infringements only. It got the game back to looking like footy and not a wrestling match/ rugby union clone with penalties every 5 seconds. This year they went too far with it and many other rule changes. 6 again for inside the 10, no scrums for kicks...
  49. El Mag-Nick

Rd 3 Dogs vs Broncos 3-2-1

3 - Meaney 2- Elliot 1 - any poor bastard that watched the whole game. I deserve a point way more than anyone else in that team tonight
  50. El Mag-Nick

Rd 2 Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

3 - Cotric 2 - Allan 1 - Jackson
  51. El Mag-Nick

Rd 1 Dogs vs Knights 3-2-1

3- Flanno 2- Hetherington 1- Elliot
  52. El Mag-Nick

Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Not a great result tonight but I’m infinitely more confident than this time last year. Round 1 last year I was dead set struggling to imagine us scoring a try all year, never looked likely. We can attack when in the opposition 20 this year which is a massive move in the right direction. We...
  53. El Mag-Nick

Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

It’s a live ladder, if we were up by 8 would would be on top
  54. El Mag-Nick

News Back to the future? Bulldogs interview Ray Dib for CEO role

So Dib gets rolled by voting members after sending the club into a downwards spiral. Then a few years later about 100 members signs a piece of paper which means the elected board members are forced to stand down to save further infighting. Then the new board members grandfather in the guy who...
  55. El Mag-Nick

News Price Cut: Axe Hovers Over Bulldogs Icon

Personally I’d probably just say “Nasheed you must have been reading the paper” given that you are commenting on a thread about an article about Price being on the way out saying that “my oil says price is on the way out”
  56. El Mag-Nick

Opinion Marshall for 1 year anyone

I’d have him, he’s not a player who will win every game off his own bat, but he can win the odd game single handedly. Plus he and JMK may bring out the best in each other. Brothers can play better together than they do apart for seemingly no reason. We won’t be worse with benji, he and green can...
  57. El Mag-Nick

News Dean Pay’s future ‘on Bulldogs radar’ as Kent fumes he was set up to fail

Dean Pay knew the situation and playing group he signed up to coach, he backed himself as the man who can get results from that group of players in those circumstances and hasn't been successful. Anyone who took the reigns after the Hasler/Dibb/Castle mess was always going to have their work cut...
  58. El Mag-Nick

Official Bulldogs Home Grounds

Only 10 Sydney home games, membership prices had better fall next year
  59. El Mag-Nick

Opinion Bulldogs spine is the best in years!

Any spine without Lichaa is better than a spine with Lichaa, the fact he’s been our 9 for 4 years means that this spine is the best in at least 4 years, aside from the games where he was injured and Cook filled in.
  60. El Mag-Nick

Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

100% completion, Lichaa throws a pass, no longer 100% completion. The blokes a spud
  61. El Mag-Nick

Sack Dean Pay

I just watched the press conference, he doesn’t even seem dirty in the result. Where’s the passion? Where is the disappointment, where’s the embarrassment? He needs a wake up call, someone higher up needs to, at the very least, make it clear this isn’t an acceptable way to react after 2...
  62. El Mag-Nick

WWOS MOLE SBW Coming Back????

I’d give the game away if we ever let that flog wear a dogs jersey again. I don’t care what situation we are in, I don’t care how young he was or how good a player he is, I don’t care that it makes me a bitter arsehole. I will never support a team with SBW again.
  63. El Mag-Nick

Steve Price

Pretty sure it was a solidarity thing given what happened in Christchurch yesterday. I think fox sports mentioned something about him saying that given what happened in New Zealand yesterday, although he’s on the dogs board he was “taking off his bulldogs hat” for the day in response and...
  64. El Mag-Nick

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Of which only 8 were last year and a fair chunk from memory were close to, if not, in front. I hope you are right and it isn’t an issue, but we must be the only club to drop a bloke kicking over 90% when we highlighted pre season we need to “learn to win close games”
  65. El Mag-Nick

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

How can you drop a bloke with a goal kicking record of 94.7% ? It’s not like he was there only for his kicking either, one of our best last year. If we lose any games because of goal kicking while Martin is out of the side there will be serious questions to answer.
  66. El Mag-Nick

Opinion 2019 entrance song

Anything is better than that crap we ran out to last year.
  67. El Mag-Nick

Round 3: Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

3. Mbye 2. J. Morris 1. B. Morris
  68. El Mag-Nick

Football club membership inquiry

Hi All, I am trying to look into becoming a member of the football club to one day in the future have a vote. I have read that to have a say, you need to be a member for 3 years consecutively before you are allowed to have a say. Does anyone know where I cant find information on how to actually...
  69. El Mag-Nick

Bulldogs have signed richest sponsorship deal in the club’s 82-year history

Bulldogs have signed richest sponsorship deal in the club’s 82-year history EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph 17 minutes ago Subscriber only THE Canterbury Bulldogs will return to training on Tuesday armed with one of the off-season’s best signings — the richest sponsorship deal in the club’s...
  70. El Mag-Nick

Lichaa

I think it just took mbye 27 weeks to lose his cool in public, Reynolds blew up at him in New Zealand much earlier in the season and everyone in here jumped on him for doing it publicly, now people wanted mbye to blow up deluxe on the field before now? The fact both halves have publicly blasted...
  71. El Mag-Nick

Using My Powers For Good

Didn't work the way i planned...... but on the plus side, at least i won $3.60 from my $20 bet. That is almost Half a Hotdog at the game tomorrow :)
  72. El Mag-Nick

Using My Powers For Good

I have not won a single bet I have placed on the rugby league this year. Most were small things of no more than $10 - $20 early in the year. Once it became apparent I had no luck this year I decided to stop, even losing small amounts of money gets to be too much on a regular basis, I was cursed...
  73. El Mag-Nick

Imagine

Imagine Lichaa getting to dummy half more than once a set, and imagine him throwing the ball backwards on the few occasions he does get there.
  74. El Mag-Nick

Bulldogs will stick to coach Des Hasler’s defensive structure, says Josh Reynolds

Bulldogs will stick to coach Des Hasler’s defensive structure, says Josh Reynolds CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, Rugby League, The Daily Telegraph 14 minutes ago ST GEORGE Illawarra can’t score tries. Canterbury simply choose not to score them. The Bulldogs have frustrated their fans this season by...
  75. El Mag-Nick

Bulldogs want Des Hasler to stay on as coach until at least 2019

Bulldogs want Des Hasler to stay on as coach until at least 2019 The Canterbury Bulldogs have hatched a plan to make Des Hasler one of the longest serving coaches in the club’s history. Despite claims from Bulldogs legend Terry Lamb that Hasler doesn’t understand the club’s much revered...
  76. El Mag-Nick

Round 8 - Dogs vs Titans - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

I don't recall ever feeling so flat after a dogs win and the crowd was flat from start to finish, however in saying that it's a win and I'll take it. UP THE DOGGIES!
  77. El Mag-Nick

Under Des...

Yeah i get that, and like i said, I don't see Des as perfect or faultless, but I just think the good out weighs the bad at the moment, and calls for massive change are premature
  78. El Mag-Nick

Under Des...

Premiership winning roster? We haven't had a fullback for 3 years. People want to have it both ways, they want to call the players rubbish but want to say they are good enough to win the comp. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the team is faultless or that Des is perfect, I get just as...
  79. El Mag-Nick

Under Des...

If every team that didn't win the grand final sacked their coach there would be 15 coaches a year without a job.
  80. El Mag-Nick

Under Des...

Under Des we have had 1 minor premiership, 2 grand final appearances, 4 finals appearances in a row, 1 dally M player of the year, 5 dally m positional players of the year, 1 dally m coach of the year, 1 top try scorer of the year and a win percentage of over 62%.
  81. El Mag-Nick

Under Des...

Apples and oranges there, the cap was introduced in 1990 and the landscape was way different.
  82. El Mag-Nick

Dogs v Titans Score Predictions

Dogs 28 Titans 16 MOM - Mbye
  83. El Mag-Nick

Is anyone else as annoyed with Lichaa?

Clearly not the point I was making
  84. El Mag-Nick

I hope so, I noticed it last year too and put it down to his first proper season in first grade, hopefully it is an injury thing at this stage and as the year goes on it becomes less apparent.
  85. El Mag-Nick

I'm not calling for his head, I just want to see more of an effort on his part to get to dummy half more often.
  86. El Mag-Nick

It has been a recurring issue I have noticed in his games last year and his early outings this year. The bloke just doesn't get to dummy half enough. Once or twice a set if we are lucky, sometimes not even once a set. It was really apparent in loss last night, with out knowing the numbers I'd be...
  87. El Mag-Nick

Bulldogs Auckland Nines Game Discussion

This comp is made for Johnson :P
  88. El Mag-Nick

Tim Lafai - Should we keep him or let him go?

Keep Laf and keep Hoppa as far away as possible, last thing we need is another Origin certainty, and with Loz's promise to pick and stick last years lot as long as Hoppa can walk he will be in sky blue.
  89. El Mag-Nick

2015 Banners

I'm a bit late with the suggestion but "the iceman cometh" with a picture of hodkinson's head would have been a good one.
  90. El Mag-Nick

Inglis wants to finish career in brisbane

Another fullback, just what the Broncos need.
  91. El Mag-Nick

2015 Banners

Rock You Lichaa Hurricane
  92. El Mag-Nick

Gold Coast Titans in crisis

In my opinion the NRL should stop wasting time on the Gold Coast, a market that obviously can't sustain a team. This will be the 4th failed team on the Gold Coast and with so many expansion bids fighting for a chance, it isnt the best use of resources to try and keep this train wreck going. If...
  93. El Mag-Nick

Predict the end of 2015 season table.

1 Panthers 2 Bulldogs 3 Cowboys 4 Rabbitohs 5 Roosters 6 Warriors 7 Broncos 8 Storm 9 Sea Eagles 10 Knights 11 Dragons 12 Sharks 13 Tigers 14 Eels 15 Raiders 16 Titans I had the last 2 reversed before the drug scandal broke Grand final Bulldogs 12 Cowboys 8 A 'controversial' cowboys knock...
  94. El Mag-Nick

Hi Everyone

Hi all, my name is Nick and I have been a doggies fan since birth. I bleed blue and white and attend every game I possibly can. I thought it was time I joined the kennel to talk to others as passionate as I am so that those around me are no longer subjected to my constant chatter about all...