Search results

1. Heckler

News GLORIA

Alan Jones....looks like the skeletons are coming out of the closet. All these allegations about his predatory behaviour are stinking to high heaven. It's going to be interesting following this case.
  2. Heckler

Opinion Rugby League is Dead

I'm over this code. The fabric of the this once gladiator sport has well and truly been ripped to shreds. Thanks PVL.
  3. Heckler

Opinion Assassin's 100,000th Post

Just noticed this milestone is near. Congratulations Bulldog. Thoroughly enjoy your posts. Here's to 200k.
  4. Heckler

Rd 5 vs Cowboys 3-2-1

3 Preston 2 JAC 1 Burton
  5. Heckler

Rd 2 vs Storm 3-2-1

3 Kikau 2 Preston 1 Kiraz. Everyone deserves a Rap.
  6. Heckler

News James Graham 'I have paid the price ... my brain is damaged'

James Graham 6 min read. Oct 07, 2022 10:00 pm. The Australian It’s the scan that confirmed what James Graham already suspected - footy damaged his brain and now he is urging the NRL to make drastic changes. Listen to the Head Noise podcast. I thought I may have paid a price for the way I...
  7. Heckler

Opinion Potter should be our coach!

He's a Bulldogs man. Our team has flourished under him. He's made the right positional changes. Not a Coincidence we are playing better. He deserves a go.
  8. Heckler

News Former NRL star Brett Finch reveals rock bottom

Former NRL star Brett Finch has opened up about the alcohol and drug addiction that plagued his post-playing career. Finch represented the Canberra Raiders, Sydney Roosters, Parramatta Eels and Melbourne Storm throughout a stellar career, during which he scored 66 tries in 270 NRL games...
  9. Heckler

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Dogs chasing Munster

Anyone got inside info?
  10. Heckler

Rd 25 Dogs vs Tigers 3-2-1

3 Meaney 2 Hethro 1 Schoupp Great performance by everyone. 1 in a row.
  11. Heckler

Rd 24 Dogs vs Sea Eagles 3-2-1

Great effort today Canterbury. Tuff picks. 3 Jacko 2 Okonbur 1 Hethro
  12. Heckler

Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

A tough question. Is this a Lichaa situation where he had his contract extended based on 3 games? I wasn't a fan of him under Pay. However he has been defensively very good this year, and energetic. For me it's a 1 year extension with no guarantee of FG. This gives him an opportunity to sign...
  13. Heckler

Rd 18 Dogs vs Rabbits 3-2-1

3- LL 2-BBO 1-Schoupp
  14. Heckler

Rd 17 Dogs vs Roosters 3-2-1

Great effort by everyone 3 JJ 2 LL 1 Thommo
  15. Heckler

News Dragons players caught up in Covid biosecurity breach after attending house party

Up to a dozen St George Illawarra players are being investigated by the NRL integrity unit for breaking COVID protocols. It is understood a large group of players attended a house party at Dragons prop Paul Vaughan’s home on Saturday night. News Corp understands NSW Police were called to...
  16. Heckler

Rd 14 Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Well done to the Club. The Dogs are having a PARTY. 3- Avo 2-JMK 1-Jacko
  17. Heckler

News SMITH TO STAY AT STORM??

Saint Sinner Shoosh BULLDOGS BLOW: SMITH TO STAY AT STORM Storm powerhouse Brandon Smith is set to turn his back on Canterbury in a crushing blow to coach Trent Barrett’s rebuild plans at Belmore. Barrett flew to Melbourne two weeks ago to try to convince Smith to join Storm teammate Josh...
  18. Heckler

Opinion JAC LEGEND (OFFICIAL)

What a first half performance. Playing in 2nd gear and has scored 4.
  19. Heckler

Rd 8 Bulldogs Vs Eels 3-2-1

3. AVO (He has proven me wrong) 2. Meaney 1. Deitz Special mention Afa and Chris Smith
  20. Heckler

Rd 7 Dogs vs Sharks 3-2-1

I've Gone off early 3 Thompson 2 Nappa 1 Hoppa Special mention to the WHOLE Club!
  21. Heckler

Opinion SOS Coach Whisperer!

What/Where/Who is the Coach Whisperer? Is there any proof him existing?
  22. Heckler

Rd 5 Dogs vs Storm 3-2-1

3-DWZ 2-Topine 1-Jacko I was reluctant to start this post, however they didn't completely surrender.
  23. Heckler

Opinion 240 minutes. No Points

HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!
  24. Heckler

Opinion Back to back "Duck Eggs"

When was the last time we were held pointless back to back. I know we are hopeless, but I can't recall!
  25. Heckler

Kotoni Staggs issued NRL breach notice

Dubbo News (No joke) Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs has been investigated by the NRL after he was involved in an altercation that left a fan with head injuries The NRL Integrity Unit has issued Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs with a preliminary breach notice after he used a homophobic...
  26. Heckler

Peter Vlandys report card

(B-) from me. POSITIVES Better than the previous commissioner. Not afraid to speak his mind. Always fronts up. Full of ideas. NEGATIVES Always speaking about the fabric of the game, however he goes against it by introducing stupid rules. Eg 6 again rule. Captains challenges. Not working...
  27. Heckler

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Bulldogs contact David Furner to join Trent Barrett’s coaching staff

In a week of widespread coaching movement, Canterbury will attempt to nail down its new-look coaching roster after incoming coach Trent Barrett contacted Newcastle assistant David Furner about joining the Bulldogs from next season. Furner has also been linked with St George Illawarra but no...
  28. Heckler

Rd 14 Dogs vs Tigers 3-2-1

I feel it's worthy for a loss 3 Ogden 2 Foz(before his injury) 1 katoa I'm devastated but thought we had a good dig.
  29. Heckler

Rd 11 Dogs vs Knights 3-2-1

3 K foz 2 Meaney 1 RFM
  30. Heckler

Opinion Worst drought since 1967

From my google searches, we have never missed the semi's 4 years in a row since 1967. More than 50 year's. That statistic alone is a cause for concern. To me it shows something inside the 4 walls of headquarters is rotten to the core.
  31. Heckler

Opinion 3-2-1 Bulldog's vs Dragon's

3 Elliot 2 Hoppa 1 DWZ Special mention Foz Averillo (Well seasoned player)
  32. Heckler

News Sports commentators' bets emerge in Dally M probe

By Chris Barrett and Kate McClymont June 3, 2020 — 5.33pm SMH Rugby league television personalities Bryan Fletcher and Paul Kent have inadvertently become entangled in the NRL's Dally M betting scandal. Their names appeared on betting records provided to police investigating the use of...
  33. Heckler

NRL set for massive payday in historic Foxtel, Nine broadcast deal

Phil Rothfield and Peter Badel, The Sunday Telegraph May 10, 2020 6:00am The NRL is on the verge of being saved from the financial scrapheap. The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Peter V’Landys is just days away from inking one of the richest deals in Australian sporting history with broadcasters...
  34. Heckler

News Why Kieran Foran isn't angry about looming $500,000 pay cut

Kieran Foran knows he is fortunate to have been paid big money in recent years, despite being injured for a lot of that time. Which is why he is not "kicking and scremaing" about now being one of the NRL stars set to be hit hardest by the pay cut players accepted in their deal with the NRL. One...
  35. Heckler

CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Both players sacked by the NRL. De-registered. Wow.
  36. Heckler

Opinion Is it time to get rid of the Salary cap?

In light of the dramas we've seen recently with our game. Will eradicating or partly eradicating the salary cap work? I believe it's run it's course and if anything it's proven it doesn't work. It'll bring more sponsorship to the game and allow the game to put more money in the bank. Survival of...
  37. Heckler

Official Dean Pay says NRL is not doing enough to help clubs with salary cap relief

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay believes the NRL is not doing enough to help clubs with salary cap relief for injured rep players after Canterbury lost another player for the season. Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph A fired up Dean Pay says the NRL is not doing enough to help clubs with salary cap...
  38. Heckler

NRL’s richest clubs are exploiting medical retirements

Monday Buzz: NRL’s richest clubs are exploiting medical retirements It was always going to be an issue once the NRL allowed Greg Inglis to retire and be taken out of the salary cap. Now the floodgates have opened and the problem is not going away. The NRL’s medical retirement rules have become...
  39. Heckler

Star centre Joey Manu happy at Roosters but admits he has to find out his true worth

The Daily Telegraph Subscriber only October 23, 2019 Sydney Roosters star Joseph Manu is keen to discover his worth on the open market but that doesn’t mean he wants to leave the NRL premiers. Manu will be among a host of players who will be officially eligible to field offers from rival...
  40. Heckler

Rd 25 vs Broncos 3-2-1

3- Lewis 2- Meaney 1- Renouf Special mentions THE INCREDIBLE HULK Elliott
  41. Heckler

Mad Monday or Not?

Do we deserve a mad Monday? Do we axe it? Do we persist with it? Where would we hold it? I say we carry on with tradition. The squad deserves it. However i dont like our chances of staying out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.
  42. Heckler

Rd 23 vs Eels 3-2-1

3 Hoppa 2 Meaney 1 Lewis Mentions Nappa Jacko
  43. Heckler

Rd 22 vs Rabbitohs 3-2-1

3 CHN 2 Elliot 1 DWZ
  44. Heckler

Top Dog Foran says best is ahead of him

By Christian Nicolussi August 16, 2019 — 4.00pm SMH Kieran Foran still remembers his old Manly mates telling him his career would go fast. "When you first come through as a kid, you think you've got so much time. I remember hearing it from the older blokes, some of my great mates at Manly...
  45. Heckler

Rd 21 vs Tigers 3-2-1

3-Jackson 2-Cogger 1-Lewis
  46. Heckler

Rd 20 vs Panthers 3-2-1

3 Cogger 2 CHN 1 DWZ. Special mentions. Jackson Nappa
  47. Heckler

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Gagai to Bulldogs??

Phil Rothfield, sports editor-at-large, The Sunday Telegraph 12 minutes ago GAGAI’S CENTRE MOVE DANE Gagai’s move to the wing at Souths has caused major salary cap issues with the balance of the Rabbitohs’ roster. The ex-Broncos and Knights star is on $700,000 next year, which is way too much...
  48. Heckler

How do we get out of this hole?

New coach or not? new board or not? This team is soulless, tired, and defeated. I have no answers.
  49. Heckler

Belmore is cursed!

The joint needs to be exorcised.
  50. Heckler

Where's Assassin?

I haven't seen your posts. I hope you're well?
  51. Heckler

Dogs on the Up!

I've seen enough to convince me that the dogs are on the way up. Results aside, a few tweaks along with our energetic style of play will start to show. Cogger has stepped up, Ogden is providing the grunt, CHN is showing his worth, Remis is class act. Okunbor on the other hand has shown his...
  52. Heckler

Rd 7 vs Cowboys 3-2-1

3- CHN 2- Jackson 1- Meaney Well done everyone, however special mentions to Cogger and the Wacker Ogden. Awesome.
  53. Heckler

Official Phil Gould has quit his post at Penrith immediately

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/04/23/club-statement-phil-gould-am/ Panthers Media - Tue 23 Apr 2019, 04:35 PM Penrith Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher has released the following statement: "This morning Panthers Chairman Dave O’Neill and myself met with Phil Gould...
  54. Heckler

Canterbury No.7 Lachlan Lewis setting the bar for NRL defence

Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph April 12, 2019 7:00am There aren’t many things more terrifying for a halfback in the NRL right now than having to stop rampaging Melbourne giants Felise Kaufusi and Nelson Asofa-Solomona close to the line. Stopping one is hard enough but to chop them both...
  55. Heckler

Rd 3 vs Tigers 3-2-1

3. Napa 2. Foran 1. CHN
  56. Heckler

Canterbury’s current dramas are the result of years of poor recruitment and retention

Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph March 28, 2019 8:28am For years, Canterbury have been getting their retention and recruitment horribly wrong. What’s worse, it doesn’t look to be getting any better. Here’s a squad of 30 players let go in recent years now lining up with NRL rivals...
  57. Heckler

Steve Mortimer says the blame shouldn’t rest solely on the current players

News.com.au March 7, 2019 8.17pm The NRL is locked in crisis mode as the fallout from the nightmare off-season continues with videos being leaked seemingly every day. This latest interview won’t help their image. Former Canterbury Bankstown player Steve Mortimer appeared on ABC News to address...
  58. Heckler

Scott Bolton’s walk of shame to educate players as NRL begins toughest crackdown in history

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph an hour ago Subscriber only The biggest crackdown on player behaviour in rugby league history begins on Thursday with North Queensland Cowboys veteran Scott Bolton facing the game’s most bizarre punishment. The Daily Telegraph can...
  59. Heckler

Week that will change face of rugby league forever

Thursday’s Australian Rugby League Commission meeting is shaping to be a watershed moment for the NRL. ARLC chairman Peter Beattie and NRL boss Todd Greenberg will meet with the seven other commissioners to thrash out a range of issues and make decisions which will affect every club in the...
  60. Heckler

News Beattie and Greenberg under threat if they mishandle De Belin incident. - UPDATE: P6 JDB Stood Down

Todd Greenberg has broken his silence on the pressure to make the biggest decision of his career, which will be defined by a game-changing call by the NRL boss to stand down Jack de Belin next week. Due to the torrent of negativity surrounding the code and it’s damaged brand over the issue, The...
  61. Heckler

Harbour View Hotel issued first strike after Bulldogs Mad Monday nudity

What’s wrong with a few drunk footballers dancing naked on the tables when there are no women, no children and no complaints? That’s the argument from the Sydney pub trying to escape punishment for hosting the Canterbury Bulldog’s infamous Mad Monday celebrations in September last year. During...
  62. Heckler

CEO’s to meet and discuss plan for compulsory fines for player misconduct

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph February 13, 2019 8:16pm NRL CEO’s will discuss a radical plan where clubs implement immediate and compulsory fines on misbehaving players who tarnish rugby league. It will form part of an in-depth and intense discussion into player misconduct at a...
  63. Heckler

Dragons star faces court over gang rape allegations

SMH By Shannon Tonkin February 12, 2019 — 2.20pm The woman at the centre of gang rape allegations against St George Illawarra Dragons footballer Jack De Belin told police how the NRL star invited his co-accused to “come on, have a go”, as the alleged victim lay on the bed, crying. Mr De Belin...
  64. Heckler

How Sydney clubs hurt Brisbane rugby league fans

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail February 9, 2019 12:53pm Subscriber only When Todd Greenberg flew to Queensland in November for the launch of this year’s Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium, the NRL chief executive was asked if Brisbane will ever see a second NRL team. The sharp, articulate...
  65. Heckler

Sam Burgess and wife Phoebe separate less than a month after birth of second child

Briana Domjen / Jonathon Moran / Lydia Pedrana, The Daily Telegraph 5 minutes ago Subscriber only Three years after their lavish Bowral wedding, NRL player Sam Burgess and his former journalist wife Phoebe have called time on their marriage. The couple, who share two children together, are...
  66. Heckler

NRL forced to prepare contingency plan should Cronulla financially collapse

Dean Ritchie, Exclusive, The Daily Telegraph 37 minutes ago The NRL has held private talks at the highest level about contingency plans should the Cronulla Sharks financially collapse. Despite assurances from Cronulla of their long-term fiscal viability, The Daily Telegraph has learned that...
  67. Heckler

Round 25: Dogs vs Sharks 3-2-1

3- Prince 2- Hoppa 1- Danny F Good but not good enough. See you next year. Up the Bulldogs
  68. Heckler

Round 24: Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Im going off early again 3 Remis 2 Prince 1 Klemmer Everyone put in today. Well done! Extremely proud.
  69. Heckler

Round 21: Dogs vs Broncos 3-2-1

I've gone of early. 3. Lewis 2. Wolverine Frawley 1. Martin Im very proud of the whole club tonight. Extremely proud. Well done!
  70. Heckler

Eastwood to leave at seasons end

EASTWOOD TO LEAVE DOGS AT END OF SEASON By Matt Logue Canterbury will part ways with forward Greg Eastwood at the end of the season, freeing up approximately $800,000 of salary cap space. Eastwood’s manager Mario Tartak confirmed Eastwood was on the lookout for another club after being told he...
  71. Heckler

Round 18: Dogs vs Rabbitohs 3-2-1

Reluctantly contributing this round. But hey! 3 Hoppa 2 Jackson 1 Lewis Special mentions. Tolman
  72. Heckler

Belmore needs to be exorcised!

Whether it's a combination of our mental scars and bad past coaching, oue once proud fortress needs an exorcism ceremony. What on earth has happened?
  73. Heckler

Round 17: Dogs vs Raiders 3-2-1

Bad luck. 3- Martin 2- Lewis 1- Elliott Special Mention Hoppa Broz Mozzes
  74. Heckler

3-2-1 Bulldogs vs Knights

3 Klemmer 2 Lewis 1 Smith
  75. Heckler

Round 14: Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

3- Jackson 2- Elliott 1- Klemmer
  76. Heckler

Round 11: Dogs vs Sharks 3-2-1

3 Klem 2 Jackson 1 B Moz Special mentions Mbye Elliott Dutchy
  77. Heckler

Round 10: Dogs Vs Eels 3-2-1

3 Elliot 2 Jackson 1 Klem
  78. Heckler

Clubs dragged into Bulldogs legal battle, players may follow

By Danny Weidler 28 April 2018 — 9:59pm NRL clubs have been put on legal notice — and it appears Bulldogs players, including Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods, could be next. That’s the stunning development in Des Hasler’s legal case against his old club. The Bulldogs should be very nervous with...
  79. Heckler

Lussick let rip at Barrett before taking Toronto lifeline

By Adrian Proszenko SMH 21 April 2018 — 7:36pm Manly are eyeing off Canterbury utility Fa’amanu Brown to ensure they never have to select Jackson Hastings in first grade again as details emerge of another heated blow up involving a player the club sought to move on. Fairfax Media revealed that...
  80. Heckler

Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

MANLY players have told head coach Trent Barrett they will not play in the same team as utility player Jackson Hastings, who is being shopped around for an immediate release. It is an astonishing situation where are a side is in revolt over a teammate. Barrett will today name a 21-man squad for...
  81. Heckler

DESSIE JOINS MADGE

What's the buzz. Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph THE NRL has become an employment agency for out-of-work coaches. Michael Maguire got a job at Moore Park headquarters to help fix the refereeing ranks when he was axed by Souths. We can now reveal former Canterbury coach Des Hasler was...
  82. Heckler

A tribute to Steve Folkes by Paul Langmack

A LITTLE BLOKE SMASHING GIANTS The opposition used to get sick of the sight of Steve Folkes. Why wouldn’t they? Folkesy kept smashing ’em. No one likes that. He may have only been small, but he had great technique. And he was fearless. He’d set his feet and drive into the bloke carrying the...
  83. Heckler

Canterbury score on the siren to down Canberra 16-12 in NRL trial match

Canterbury score on the siren to down Canberra 16-12 in NRL trial match Steele Taylor, The Daily Telegraph BULLDOGS coach Dean Pay has lauded the performance of much-hyped off-season signing Kieran Foran, following his first outing for the club. The 27-year-old played the first half of the...
  84. Heckler

The remarkable journey behind Dean Pay’s rise to coach his beloved Bulldogs

MATT LOGUE, The Sunday Telegraph January 13, 2018 4:08pm Subscriber only IT’S late afternoon in Dubbo, the sun is setting and Dean Pay is in a frantic rush. Pay has just finished training the local rugby league team and is bolting to the harness racing track while taking calls from his...
  85. Heckler

5 reasons to be excited about the Bulldogs in NRL season 2018

CAN a new coach, a new culture, and a couple of marquee recruits turn Canterbury’s fortunes around? Here are five reasons for Bulldogs fans to get excited about 2018. NEW COACH As soon as the points started drying up on the field, fans started turning their attention to the coach. The cries...
  86. Heckler

Tigers Reynolds takes swipe at Dogs

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/news-story/8fd86f4bec742559572bcd869b994726 Josh Reynolds takes aim at Dogs over handling of halves puzzle NEW Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds has taken a swipe at his former NRL club Canterbury, suggesting they mishandled their...
  87. Heckler

New York Rugby league club will target Titans star Jarryd Hayne.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/titans/news-story/9b75dd60032c7256dcea814b8be49a4a Aspiring New York rugby league club will target Titans star Jarryd Hayne AN aspiring rugby league club in New York has set its sights on NRL superstar Jarryd Hayne as its first marquee signing...
  88. Heckler

DAVID KLEMMER says "It's a different vibe" at the Bulldogs since the hiring of new coach Dean Pay

David Klemmer says it’s a ‘different vibe’ at the Bulldogs since the hiring of new coach Dean Pay MICHAEL CARAYANNIS IN SUVA, The Daily Telegraph October 12, 2017 3:50pm DAVID Klemmer says the look on his Canterbury teammates’ faces at the end of the season was all he needed to realise just...
  89. Heckler

R26 Dogs v Dragons 3-2-1

3- Liicha 2- Hoppa 1- Jackson
  90. Heckler

R25 Dogs vs Titans 3-2-1

3. Liicha 2. Danny F 1. Josh J
  91. Heckler

R24 Dogs vs Manly 3-2-1

3. JACKSON 2. HOPPA 1. KLEMMER
  92. Heckler

Good luck to Brett Kenny in his cancer battle.

I heard that Eels legend Brett Kenny is battling cancer in the form of Non Hodgkin lymphoma. Wishing you all the best.
  93. Heckler

Kiwi Raelene Castle linked to Australian Rugby's top job

Kiwi Raelene Castle has emerged as a left-field candidate to take over as chief executive officer of the Australian Rugby Union. Australian Rugby Union chief executive Bill Pulver is under intense pressure over his handling of the Super Rugby cull. However, in an interview with Sydney's Daily...
  94. Heckler

R14 Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

3 Everyone 2 Everyone 1 Everyone
  95. Heckler

Canterbury Bulldogs Powerbrokers tackle the tough question.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crisis-management-canterbury-bulldogs-powerbrokers-tackle-the-tough-questions-20170610-gwopiy.html June 10 2017 - 9:00PM Adrian Proszenko Canterbury have been one of the major disappointments in the opening half of the NRL season. There are...
  96. Heckler

R9 Dogs vs Raiders 3-2-1

3. Jackson 2. Elliot 1. Josh Morris
  97. Heckler

NRL wont register contracts.

The NRL won't register the expected contracts of Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran at the Bulldogs until the club outlines how they plan to get under next year's indicative $9.14 million salary cap. With Woods and Foran poised to sign lucrative deals to join the Bulldogs in 2018, the NRL is keeping...
  98. Heckler

R7 Dogs vs Rabbits 3-2-1

3 Reynolds 2 Graham 1 Lee
  99. Heckler

R6 Dogs vs Knights 3-2-1

3 Frawley 2 Tolman 1 F1 Special mention Luke Patten
  100. Heckler

R3 Dogs vs Warriors 3-2-1

Ill get in early. 3. Graham 2. Klemmer 1. Liicha Special mentions. Jackson and Lee. Well done