Search results

1. KimboSlice

SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY ON HERE

Tell you what, i agree with the OP, I first got involved in this thread around the 2014 GF vs Souffs (had previously started lurking around 2012 GF week), and what drew me in to contributing to this site was the hope that everyone had... there was a buzz, it was Grand Final week and there was a...
  2. KimboSlice

Worst Set of Six in NRL History

Truth! I'm sick of hearing what a "monster pack" we have, but then seeing us getting annihilated in physicality, line speed and metres gained by smaller packs... we suck, I'm over this year... Can't believe we we are top 8, let alone were in the 4 for a part... Is compared to the top teams is...
  3. KimboSlice

Telegraph player ratings

The head to head with Thurston only proves how ineffective mbye is... He disappears in games, I don't know why we even have a traditional halves pairing, surprised des hasn't swapped them for some 100+kg plodders who get done in dominant tackles every hit up... I hate our game plan, our style...
  4. KimboSlice

Tolman worst forward in competition

Couldn't agree more- Tolman and graham are ridiculous.. Look at the impact other teams front row forwards have on the game, break through the advantage line, ours are constantly tackled in dominant tackles and take an age to get up...
  5. KimboSlice

Round 25 - Dogs vs Cowboys - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

This is shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, maxwell letting them lie in the ruck and dictate the speed, killing us
  6. KimboSlice

Left vs Right

reynolds, particularly the last 2 games is playing well and running great lines.. Mbye isn't engaging the defence, but definitely has the potential to open a game up..
  7. KimboSlice

Franky and Kasiano playing for Samoa

T-Rex was running onto the ball and hitting the line at speed... unheard of in bulldogs colours, almost as if he cared... such a shame, because he was kept, franky was forced out.. hoping She-Rex is sent packing sooner rather than later...
  8. KimboSlice

Gutsy

+1 Our pack has shown glimpses of its potential, but we were dominated by a smaller pack tonight, need to run hard, tackle hard... It's not difficult
  9. KimboSlice

Gutsy

Great effort from the boys! Melbourne piss me off, they consistently wrestle and lie in the ruck and no refs have the balls to penalise them... Perret had a ripper game, safe to say his experience on the wing saved some tries tonight- he cops it constantly on here, but I don't mind him being...
  10. KimboSlice

Can Mbye take us to a premiership

yeah, i was buying it... UNTIIL you said Soward... We need an organiser, Mbye might grow into that (and already is playing much better as a half than i thought he could..), but from the early days (last year and the first few games this year), he appears more dangerous and suited as a ball...
  11. KimboSlice

Can Mbye take us to a premiership

yeah, i was buying it... UNTIIL you said Soward... We need an organiser, Mbye might grow into that (and already is playing much better as a half than i thought he could..), but from the early days (last year and the first few games this year), he appears more dangerous and suited as a ball...
  12. KimboSlice

Changes for next week

Agree, more so in that parra game, he doesn't look like he phases the defence one bit.. Plods up, they tackle him... A lot of his runs against the eels were at a light jog...!?!
  13. KimboSlice

Positives

Our bombs were put up 55m out because our forwards didn't do anything all night.. When the bombs did go up, they weren't high enough to let our chasers contest it... Mbye had a shocker with the boot tonight, the repeat sets were a metre out and threaded through defenders, a couple hit defenders...
  14. KimboSlice

Changes for next week

Perret didn't do anything wrong and scored (if it wasn't for a ref screw up) one of two tries.. He chopped in on the centre a couple of times to stop the winger receiving the ball.. I know how much the kennel love him, but he legit had a decent game, nothing to be dropped for...
  15. KimboSlice

What happened ??

I think Foran was Casper tonight in terms of touches, almost invisible. Norman had a blinder and led them around brilliantly with some good runs himself.. Agree though, parra would have beaten a lot of teams tonight...
  16. KimboSlice

We've got a very bad problem with the refs...

Now this isn't a "we got robbed" thread... We got robbed, nothing wrong with that try, we get that and we're in the game big time... Oh well... They defended well tonight
  17. KimboSlice

What happened ??

Forwards received terrible service from dummy half as well.. Lichaa was missed tonight, and yeah... Reynolds and mbye got plenty of touches but didn't look threatening at all...
  18. KimboSlice

Fox Sports Vs Channel 9

Don't have fox, the missus doesn't think I'd ever leave the house during footy season (fair call), but if I had a choice, I'd go fox 100% of the time, the jizz stains in the 9 comm. box over Souths, roosters and Broncos would require a full time intern to clean after every game.. Over them!
  19. KimboSlice

Humble Pie Thread

Haha! I'm gonna hold off on rescinding any she-Rex comments until he does it week in, week out (ideally not during a contract renewal year...)
  20. KimboSlice

Humble Pie Thread

Whoa, round 1... We should probably leave this thread for a little... We also need to admit that manly were horrible tonight, I think in part to us, but also their new combinations etc... I'm quietly confident, based on that game alone, we're looking good... But, round 1 boys...
  21. KimboSlice

Congrats to refs/nrl bunker and of course doggies

Can't complain about the tafua or lichaa decisions, lichaa lost control, and landed on it... Tafua lost control but regained it.. I don't think the refs infield call is going to impact as much now with the bunker, more angles means they can get the right call without the refs call having much...
  22. KimboSlice

Congrats to refs/nrl bunker and of course doggies

We looked as good as I've seen for a while, our forwards did what everyone has always said they are the best in the league at, hitting the ball up! Reynolds was in everything and seemed a bit calmer and mbye looked like he's taking more control, in saying that... Round 1, hopefully we can...
  23. KimboSlice

Match Thread: RD 1 v Manly Sea Eagles @ Brookvale

Man, I am aware that it's round 1, but our boys are hitting the line hard!! Looking awesome!!!
  24. KimboSlice

Early mail: Bulldogs vs Manly

Would be good to see abbey, provided his body can stand up to it... Not too much risk putting him in early in the Comp to see how he goes, if he's not up to scratch, just give him the rest of the season in reggies.. But if he's up to it, will add a lot of spark!
  25. KimboSlice

Bulldogs Vs Panthers

Thanks for the heads up everyone! Still tossing up, down there for training so depends how intense the training is... Might just sink some drinks at the hotel bar and cheer us on!
  26. KimboSlice

Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Have to agree with a few on Reynolds, actually looked dangerous running the ball and looked to be in reasonable form with his discipline (tripping reports were nil, always an encouraging sign..). Hoping his and mbyes partnership grows this year, I can't see us having premiership potential...
  27. KimboSlice

Bulldogs Vs Panthers

Hi all, normally on the north coast, but will be in Sydney (around Rockdale area) for the game vs panthers.. Just checked on Apple maps and it said it would take over an hour drive and over 2 hours public transport (which I would be taking)! My question is, how realistic is that? Any...
  28. KimboSlice

Kennel Upgrade

Crisis over! Just deleted and redownloaded the app..
  29. KimboSlice

Kennel Upgrade

using the kennel app on my iPhone, how the hell do you login on it? trying to troll marley with reynolds comments and its not letting me! Im clicking login and it clicks, but it does nothing?
  30. KimboSlice

Hasler Names Belmore Trial Squad

may be a little late to the party here, but just watched the first half and grub's running game looked mint, finding some gaps, reduced interchange and no brain explosions could mean he could do some decent things this year... heres hoping, we need our halves to fire!
  31. KimboSlice

NRL premiership or bust for Dogs: Lamb

So you'd be happy to punt a coach who has 2 gf appearances and not missed a finals in 4 years, for a coach who made a gf and a prelim. in 3 years?.... I'm no expert, but thats illogical. keep des, and if he fails, promote dymock, hopefully he's learnt the skills from des but can inject the...
  32. KimboSlice

Tolman skip bin

I think this deserves more cred than its received.. :beerchug:
  33. KimboSlice

Auckland nines discussion - squad has now been announced

The reality is that the dogs have enough money, I don't think this tournament (or its prize money) is a priority or incentive. It's clear from this and our past squads that the main season is our priority. That means not risking our halves against some fringe first graders in other squads who...
  34. KimboSlice

Auckland nines discussion - squad has now been announced

Let the annual Auckland "I couldn't give a shit about the result" 9's commence for the Bulldogs... Would be nice to think we had a shot, but looking at this squad it's not looking likely...
  35. KimboSlice

Solar Powered Jerseys..

That's fair, also helps to not start the year with first stringers copping injuries for the little show before the season..
  36. KimboSlice

Solar Powered Jerseys..

9s jersey looks deece! Shame des will only send over a half cooked team to contest it... Should have our best running round in that!
  37. KimboSlice

Curtis rona 2015 - the finisher

absolute gun... so proud of what he achieved this year and looks to be a real humble guy! Looks like he could be the NZ winger for years to come if he continues this form!
  38. KimboSlice

Curtis rona kiwi selection

He was automatically selected in my rugby league live 3, ps4 game... So I'd say in real life, his selection would be just a formality...
  39. KimboSlice

Good luck from a bunny

Thanks mate, bloody legend! I feel this game will be it, if we can win this week, i think we can win it all! that aside, wouldn't mind sharks doing well also..
  40. KimboSlice

Klemmer's guide on how to congratulate teammates

Freddy looks like he'd be keen get the next touch up...
  41. KimboSlice

Damian cook

More than happy to join the cook fan club, looked quick off the mark and threw their defence a few times... Didn't catch the second half, but sounds like he played the 80 pretty well...
  42. KimboSlice

Referees for our game

Nice to see that Gerard and his brother are not rostered on together for a change.. Get so sick of the d-bag saying, "hey bernie, can we check that..."- Wanker
  43. KimboSlice

James Graham: My Pre Game Routine (RLW Article)

I'd like to know at what stage on game day he has his concrete smoothie...
  44. KimboSlice

The entertainers!

Plan B would have gone something like, "Hold onto the F%$(#*G BALL!"
  45. KimboSlice

The entertainers!

Yeah mate, unlike this jerk on another thread, who told me I wasn't welcome to participate in the thread anymore (which was rubbish).. I'm more than happy to allow people to have their opinion...
  46. KimboSlice

Short kick offs

Happy to oblige... Rubbish thread
  47. KimboSlice

Short kick offs

That's the truth of it... Hardly worth a thread...
  48. KimboSlice

The entertainers!

Ease up eeyore... Hence the hope... Didn't say we are gonna win the Comp, just that the last 15 was a glimpse of hope for us after the first 60 of same old crap...
  49. KimboSlice

The entertainers!

But the last 15 was different! We at least have some hope guys!!!!
  50. KimboSlice

The entertainers!

I gotta tell ya, the first 60 odd minutes of that game was killing me inside, same old dodgy play, with U.S. Having terrible ball security.. But some glimpses of hope amongst it all.. But those last 15 or so minutes, gave me a lot more hope! Our team has the individuals capable of lighting up a...
  51. KimboSlice

Round 23 - Dogs vs Titans - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Hold onto the f*{%]#}g ball!! Lane needs to calm down with his offloads
  52. KimboSlice

Graham: We can't carry an extra half into the finals

Source: http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news...edium=facebook Dogs have one too many playmakers: Graham Canterbury skipper James Graham believes his side can't afford to carry one of its three key playmakers on the bench heading into the business end of the NRL season. Bulldogs coach Des...
  53. KimboSlice

The dogs might be getting Will Hopoate

confused that some saying, "NO", are the same as the ones saying "NO" to Perrett..... Hopoate in form is a gun and NSW rep... would be crazy to pass that up...
  54. KimboSlice

Bulldogs could play two NRL games at Belmore in 2016 despite being ‘expensive'

He means they lost money and they made money........ Makes sense.......?
  55. KimboSlice

NEW GAME PLAY mbye

what could possibly go wrong... you should email this gameplan to des@gmail.com...
  56. KimboSlice

Mo$e$ In The Money (RLW Article)

umm guys, its a managers job to drive his price up.. his job is to play footy.... Looks like his manager is making headlines and talking up his product.. you can't get too upset with it... its annoying for us, cause we want him to stay at the dogs... so we call his manager a d-bag, but i...
  57. KimboSlice

Des on Sam Perret

I think he meant something along the lines of, the roosters had RTS coming through, hence why they got rid of perrett... RTS is this up and coming kid... Nothing special, has a little bit of potential...
  58. KimboSlice

Des on Sam Perret

Ok, so he stays on his winger, they pass a short ball and the centre scores... Who's fault? You'd prefer a team to score outside of us than inside/through us any day.. For him to make that call means that it's not just perrett but our whole right defence didn't number up.. Agree that we need...
  59. KimboSlice

Storm Eyeing Off Mbye

Mbye said in his interview mid week that his contract would be discussed in the off-season, this is a media beat up... Just for a change... Wankers
  60. KimboSlice

Des on Sam Perret

Perrett played well, the first try was a misread, but it was more than SAMs fault, that entire right edge was short.. I'd much prefer a team scores outside a winger than infield ala RTS last week... Scored a great try, had some good dummy scoots and was safe under the high ball... Of course...
  61. KimboSlice

Smith to tighten shoulder charge rule

the phrase consisting of words, "root in a brothel" come to mind about this admin... Im not sure if anyone legit respects the NRL admin... like.. anyone... ever...
  62. KimboSlice

The NRL player your club most regrets letting go with the benefit of hindsight...

Good to see we well and truly won the poll.. id agree 100% thought JT would be higher percentage than 55% though... Bulldogs (Johnathan Thurston) 55.09% (3,285 votes) Tigers (Blake Austin) 17.52% (1,045 votes) Roosters (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) 7.16% (427 votes) Storm (Greg...
  63. KimboSlice

Eastwood found guilty

They're talking up this new TV deal...hope there's a mutiny prior and the NRL admin is completely cleaned out... Restructure the whole administration, biased pricks!
  64. KimboSlice

Round 22 - Dogs vs Broncos - Weekly - DELAYED Telecast Discussion Thread NO SPOILERS!

That "as long as we make them" is the issue, because of our crap year thus far, we need to win games OR we start relying on other results to go our way...
  65. KimboSlice

Clearing up some issues with your opinions

I can imagine if Hasler doesn't win a premiership in the next few years (and gets shown the door-purely hypothetical), that any coach who mentions game plan, structure, possession etc.. will have us breaking out into a cold sweat. I think the next coach, if the Hasler experiment fails, will...
  66. KimboSlice

Eastwood facing suspension

Charged "Greg Eastwood has been found guilty at the NRL judiciary tonight. He will miss the Broncos match on Friday night." https://twitter.com/NRL_Bulldogs/status/628853314847805441
  67. KimboSlice

Eastwood found guilty

Effiing joke! How is he guilty and Gray not even cited for his knees first head hit... So dirty on this
  68. KimboSlice

Eastwood found guilty

From Twitter Greg Eastwood has been found guilty at the NRL judiciary tonight. He will miss the Broncos match on Friday night. Link: https://twitter.com/NRL_Bulldogs/status/628853314847805441
  69. KimboSlice

Souths Nick Pappas sly tweet

bugger, i was too late... well played, well played...
  70. KimboSlice

Souths Nick Pappas sly tweet

isn't it when you get your vagina scraped?....
  71. KimboSlice

Different fan types ...

the round 1-26 "sack des" fan coincidently, they turn into the finals series "i wanna root des" fan Its a fickle world...
  72. KimboSlice

League Sending Mixed Messages

Would have been suspended for 10 weeks if a souths "protected species" had been hit...
  73. KimboSlice

Jaime Soward - back page

That first paragraph makes no sense....
  74. KimboSlice

Clearing up some issues with your opinions

Appropriate username for the thread...
  75. KimboSlice

Archer admits incorrect decision Friday night

Those archer videos piss me off each week, "yep, ref screwed up.. What can ya do...!?!" Nothing tony, cause everyone is gagged against saying anything about the refs terrible performances
  76. KimboSlice

Hey Dogs, Don't Let Any Moss Gather On You! (RLW Article)

How lockyear got a commentary gig with that voice is beyond me... Also, he's a tool
  77. KimboSlice

Moses Mbye on channel 10

Only saw highlights from the game, but he looked like he had a good game, highlights featured him in the tries...
  78. KimboSlice

Uh oh... The rule book definitions are coming out again.. I'm having flashbacks to the Souths Reynolds penalty....
  79. KimboSlice

Yeah, unfortunately the outcome is one of the criteria to charges. Total joke, as the outcomes arent assessed by an NRL rep, it's just clubs medicos.. So it's easy to cry "Reynolds is out for the season", when really it's 4 weeks... Have I said I hate Souths before...?
  80. KimboSlice

Gray! That's the one- I said Evans but meant Gray, that should be penalty and suspension, dipshit Souths...
  81. KimboSlice

That Evans one by Souths was ridiculous! Contact to the head with the knees and nothing?!? Souths are a frigging protected species, dicks!
  82. KimboSlice

Wtf about Moses mbye

Pics or it didn't happen...
  83. KimboSlice

Wtf about Moses mbye

Wonder if Hodko has a release clause around club instability.... If he does, re-sign him and tell Moses to get stuffed... If this is just his managers doing, he needs to stop it.. Seeming very SBW to me... We don't need that drama, especially for a kid who is still trying to buy in on "potential"
  84. KimboSlice

Lock in Hasler to a long term deal

"Steamrolled, I disagree.. Yeah, I'll accept with the storm we did, but the 3 games after (manly, Penrith and souffs), we reverted back to the grinding game.. We couldn't score a second half point! I think the team were seeing this year is aiming to play the same footy that we played the back...
  85. KimboSlice

So over hearing that they walked into dream squads, yeah the squads are good... But the coaches got the best out of the players, due to their skill.. If you look at the teams at the start of the season, a lot of their players were largely unknown, they had some stars (SBW etc), but so does...
  86. KimboSlice

My concern is, even though our team is stacked... Our style is grinding at best, we have a team full of individuals capable of blitzing teams off the park, but week in, week out.. We are the grinders, it's painful and even if we win, it's not pretty.. That's our coaches style... I'm still a...
  87. KimboSlice

Change is needed

Just repeating my thoughts here... Cause it seems to be a good discussion; Franky is a legend, him and klemmer are the only forwards who go hard... The rest have been infected by trex syndrome, look like Tarzan, play like jane... Media constantly talks up our pack, yet week after week our...
  88. KimboSlice

3-2-1 vs sharks

Franky is a legend, him and klemmer are the only forwards who go hard... The rest have been infected by trex syndrome, look like Tarzan, play like jane... Media constantly talks up our pack, yet week after week our "biggest pack in the Comp" gets our asses handed to us by a more mobile team...
  89. KimboSlice

Team of the Decade (2005-2014) - Fullback

Honourable mention to silva, he did alright back in the day... Edit: 1995–2001 Canterbury Bulldogs 100 games, 56 tries... He's up there... But the general for sure!
  90. KimboSlice

Round 20 - Refs Rants

Did des mention them in the presser?
  91. KimboSlice

Round 20 - Refs Rants

Self explanatory, dbags! Can't believe they get the gig time and time again..
  92. KimboSlice

o'hanlon is back

Happening this weekend boss, the staff would probably be content with some drama-free minutes from him... although, in front of a filling quickly Belmore, he might give a few fireworks, he was in great form prior to the storm game... wish him all the best!
  93. KimboSlice

Things we learnt playing Parra tonight

Hah, parra fans i spoke to were saying theres no chance, Scott is getting on in the years, and there is no real go forward at the moment.. so Foran won't be sensational.. All good, we have a good strong team and a great culture...
  94. KimboSlice

Brenko Lee

Remember some clown saying its a "sure thing" the week before June 30 deadline... Pretty sure his thread got shut down... The poor fool was backing it even past June 30....
  95. KimboSlice

JMoz song leader

Same thing, thought it was Jmoz, purely on him being at the club longer... Surely bmoz wouldn't get the gig already?!
  96. KimboSlice

JMoz song leader

Looks like Jmoz is taking over leading the team song from franky.. Good to see, must be a real club man! https://www.facebook.com/NRL.Bulldogs/videos/1139460482737247/
  97. KimboSlice

Tomorrow Night, Who's Going

Down from the north coast for work, so I'll be going to the game... So pumped!!
  98. KimboSlice

Hasler realistic about Klemmer's progress

"Work on parts of our game like we need to like possession" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Same old boring footy, it's bearable if we're winning, excruciating (and puzzling) if we are losing...
  99. KimboSlice

We dont have the "smarts" or kicking game to win the comp

Loved watching the Warriors this round!! They were unreal and so entertaining.. I think the warriors have been given the go ahead to play entertaining footy... We've shown glimpses at times this year, then we revert back to the same grinding and predictable structure, if we were winning with...