Search results

1. bradtalo

Opinion Francis Molo ?

Three clubs interested in ex-Origin forward He is off-contract at the end of the season. ETHAN LEE CHALK WRITER | MARCH 13, 2024 - 8:20A Off-contract at the end of the season, a St George Illawarra Dragons forward has reportedly caught the attention of three rival clubs looking to sign him...
  2. bradtalo

News Francis Molo - thoughts ?

https://www.zerotackle.com/three-clubs-interested-in-ex-origin-forward-207006/ Three clubs interested in ex-Origin forward He is off-contract at the end of the season. ETHAN LEE CHALK WRITER | MARCH 13, 2024 - 8:20A Off-contract at the end of the season, a St George Illawarra Dragons forward...
  3. bradtalo

Opinion Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha ?

Number 18 for the Sharks was very hard to handle when he came on last night. Bent our line with each carry. BIG boy at 6'5 and 114kgs. Reminds me of Pele - only fitter (not carrying so much weight and taller). Looks like he's a free agent for 2025. He's 23yo. Debuted with the Roosters before...
  4. bradtalo

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

Extremely underwhelmed by both Hutchison and Sexton. In his limited time last week O'Neill looked more a skillful natural halfback than either of these duds. Mitchell Woods ready next year hopefully. Oloapu still a chance when he comes back also
  5. bradtalo

News Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward

Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward By The Mole 3 hours ago The Bulldogs could face a battle holding on to one of the most improved props in the game - pocket battleship Max King. King is one of the few quality front-rowers coming off contract at the end of this...
  6. bradtalo

News Josh Morris goes in-depth on the play of new Bulldogs signing Stephen Crichton

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/02/06/centres-to-watch-stephen-crichton/ Helps appreciate just how good Crichton is both in attack and defence
  7. bradtalo

Opinion Stefano Utoikamanu get-out clause for 2025

If he fails to make the first NSW team this year we need to start putting out the feelers to his manager. Zero chance of them making the top 8 this year...
  8. bradtalo

Opinion Thomas Mikaele - why didn't we get this bloke ?

6'4 and 115gs Just signed a 1 year development deal with the Cows. More experience in first grade and SL than Poasa Yes might not be great but we're desperate and he's a big body
  9. bradtalo

Opinion What's with Ciraldo and Gus not approaching Panthers players until they decide to leave ?

Not that I want Luai in particular but I'm a bit over Ciraldo and Gus refusing to approach Panthers players until they confirm they are leaving the Panthers. Ciraldo even stated he hopes all the Panthers players remain together. WTF ? Who is he working for again ?. He can't have a foot in both...
  10. bradtalo

Do we now have enough $$$ left for a prop or 2 and a halfback for 2025 ?

I read that Tracey is on just under 500K a season. I've been hoping we could afford both AFB AND Terrell May AND a half out of Dearden, Luai OR Mam but with all these utilities surely we can't have enough left over to buy all 3. Would it even be possible to move on both RFM and Sutton without...
  11. bradtalo

News Siosiua Taukeiaho will NOT be at the Bulldogs in 2024. He has not been released by Catalans and he failed a medical

BREAKING NEWS via Danny Weidler Siosiua Taukeiaho will NOT be at the Bulldogs in 2024. He has not been released by Catalans and he has failed a medical. Taukeiaho also has a foot injury that needs surgery, ruling him out of the pre-season and into next year
  12. bradtalo

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

The race for Warriors star Addin Fonua-Blake is about to intensify with The Sunday Telegraph revelation of a release clause that has wiped out almost half the competition. The Warriors will apply hard and fast rules around who Addin Fonua-Blake can sign with in the wake of his request to be...
  13. bradtalo

Opinion Who would make the biggest difference / Who would you buy for 2025 ?

If you do the maths it looks like we could have around 2.5M to spend on currently "unsigned" players for 2025 - more if we move on RFM and Sutton Out of those below who do you think would make the biggest difference to our side if you had a budget of around 2.5M ? Say 3 players in total - 2...
  14. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Bulldogs potentially in 'pole position' to make offer for Roosters forward Terrell May By The Mole The Roosters are in danger of losing giant young hitman Terrell May, with a host of clubs chasing his signature. And the Bulldogs could be in the pole position to sign the hulking prop, with coach...
  15. bradtalo

News Tigers and Dragons get more free to air games in 2024 than Dogs

Brisbane Broncos: 13 Canberra Raiders: 7 Canterbury Bulldogs: 6 Cronulla Sharks: 10 Gold Coast Titans: 5 Manly Sea Eagles: 10 Melbourne Storm: 12 Newcastle Knights: 12 New Zealand Warriors: 4 North Queensland Cowboys: 10 Parramatta Eels: 12 Penrith Panthers: 13 South Sydney Rabbitohs: 14 St...
  16. bradtalo

News The wives and girlfriends of the 2023 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

WAGS Guide: The wives and girlfriends of the 2023 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs The Bulldogs lacked some bite in 2023, but these ladies might spark them to life in the off season. Meet the partners of the club’s top 30 roster and find out who is in their bachelors’ club. 2 min read October 16...
  17. bradtalo

News Sydney venue moves $26m in pokies profits to NRL club as ‘community development and support’

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/oct/18/sydney-venue-moves-26m-in-pokies-profits-to-nrl-club-as-community-development-and-support Canterbury leagues club has given millions to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs since 2014-15 One of Australia’s biggest poker machine venues has...
  18. bradtalo

What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

So far we've only missed out on Payne Haas, Tino Fa'asumaleaui, Moeki Fotuaika, Alex Twal, Alex Seyfarth, Keaon Koloamatangi, Stefano Utoikamanu even Sean Keppie. WTF is Gus doing ? We're going to have one of the weakest packs over the next 2 years it seems. Extra f..king pressure on our halves...
  19. bradtalo

News Bulldogs pounce on Tigers young gun

BULLDOGS POUNCE ON TIGERS YOUNG GUN One of the Tigers brightest prospects Alex Conti is set to quit the club and join arch rivals Canterbury next season. The Tigers have purchased a heap of halves going forward including veteran Aidan Sezer next year. They have also brought in external players...
  20. bradtalo

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

When the f..k are we going to find out ? Gus said after the GF. Hope it's not much longer. It's like waiting for new toys Gus said the announcing of 8-9 "new" signings which you would think rules out re-signings but maybe Samuel Hughes could be number 9. Crichton, Xerri, Taaffe and Salmon had...
  21. bradtalo

Luai or Mam for $1M ?

I read a couple of reports we're signing Luai for $1,125,000 a season for 4 years. If we're even thinking of this I hope Gus first sounds out Ezra Mam who the Broncos are reportedly hoping to extend for around 700K a season. They can't keep them all. Who would you rather Luai for 1.1+M or Mam...
  22. bradtalo

Surprising reason Eels, Bulldogs are winning most new NRL fans

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/surprising-reason-eels-and-bulldogs-are-winning-most-new-nrl-fans/ The Penrith Panthers may be wowing on the field with their third premiership title in a row but it’s the Eels and Bulldogs that have been winning the most new fans owing to population growth...
  23. bradtalo

Thoughts on Zane Musgrove

Dragons releasing him. Sam Burgess chasing him for his SL team. Could be an upgrade on Poasa Faamausili. Musgrove played more NRL I believe. Decent size at 1.92M and 110kgs. 27yo. Poasa is 1.88M, 108kgs, 27yo Could probably get both. Wonder if we're chasing Jordan McLean also (1.96M 118kgs)...
  24. bradtalo

Opinion Your rating on Gus' performance so far

Out of 10. 10 being the best. Mine would be 3-4 out of 10 and only this high because we're doing okay in the juniors. NRL recruitment has to be a huge part of his job, not just pathways. Despite his 1 MIL a season (or close) salary I've been extremely let down by Gus' failure in recruitment...
  25. bradtalo

Eels player fingered by Soni Luke last night

Soni Lube - sorry mean Soni Luke. He should have invited him to dinner first He definitely felt that finger too - reacted immediately but not as much as he should - maybe he's easy LOL
  26. bradtalo

Opinion Your plan to save our club ?

Seems from this article Gus is out of ideas / answers. https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugby-league/news/phil-gould-nrl-canterbury-bulldogs-news-2023-rebuild-roster/wpcn7xw6iekmrgrnfaa0osp0 With everything that unfolded today this is the only plan I can think of. Remember how desperate we are...
  27. bradtalo

News Canterbury Bulldogs the sleeping giants of the NRL

NRL 2023 Health Check figures: Canterbury Bulldogs the sleeping giants of the NRL If the Bulldogs can get it right on the field they will become an absolute powerhouse of the NRL. See the membership details, TV ratings, crowd figures and social media numbers of every club. Phil Rothfield and...
  28. bradtalo

Props available to sign November 1 (for 2025)

Gus is always looking for value for money. Never wants to get into bidding wars so this along with other circumstances means it's very unlikely we're getting Tino or Haas unfortunately so next best choice for 2025 would be ? I think our 1st priority should be Moeaki Fotuaika. If the Titans keep...
  29. bradtalo

News Inside story of how the Canterbury Bulldogs blew the chance to sign Payne Haas

HOW THE BULLDOGS BOTCHED HAAS DEAL It was Des Hasler’s audacious recruitment raid involving Broncos superstar Payne Haas that has proved a $1 million Bulldogs bungle. Sport Confidential can today lift the lid on a six-year secret – the day incoming Titans coach Hasler, then in charge at the...
  30. bradtalo

Opinion Taukeiaho is another Luke Thompson only older

I was keen on us signing him when it was first mentioned but if you look into his recent history it looks like a very risky move unfortunately. When he left the Roosters he did an interview in December last year on the Bloke In a Bar podcast. When asked why he was leaving the Roosters he said...
  31. bradtalo

Opinion Should we still chase Jayden Sullivan ?

There's reports Flano Senior is happy to let him walk. Do you think Sexton is our long term answer or we sign Sullivan and let them fight it out to see whose best with the other one as back up. They say Sullivan is on 500K but the Dragons may be willing to pay some of this. If we can get him at...
  32. bradtalo

WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

2 tries from dummy-half LOL Any C grade team could defend their line better than us WTF. We can't defend one single set of 6 on our line. What a joke. How are we so so bad with Ciraldo being the former defence coach for the best in the NRL ? Are they just f..king dumb and don't understand his...
  33. bradtalo

Opinion We should hire whoever's doing the Manly salary cap

In addition to Brooks and Schuster, Manly have also signed Roosters centre Jaxson Paulo and Wests Tigers outside back Tommy Talau. Also re-signed Tolu Koula DCE is on over a MIL a year and so is Tommy Turbo and Jake is close. They also have some other pretty decent players who would have to be...
  34. bradtalo

Opinion Is Gus taking the piss while taking the cash ?

You can often find the real cause of many big problems by following the money trail. Tell me if you were getting $1M a year for 5 years (and the chance of an extension after that) to fix a problem how long would you take ? Probably more than 5 years hey ? The elephant in the room that no-one...
  35. bradtalo

Will you be angry if we don't get a new 7 for 2024 ?

If we get no-one from Hunt, Brooks, Townsend, Walker, Pearce or even Jack Cogger I think it's a disgrace personally and I'll feel the same if we ALSO don't get a decent middle while we retain Sutton. Gus said on Twitter when someone asked about recruitment for 2024 that there's not much left...
  36. bradtalo

No Source delete

just saw the other thread on this
  37. bradtalo

Other News Source Gus spotted meeting with Knights Director of Football Peter Parr

I read an article about these 2 meeting up the other day. I don't think it's because they're mates. Remember Parr publicly told Gus to mind his own business recently when Gus criticised the Knights letting players go to Bali during their bye. Has to be something to do with the below. I'd much...
  38. bradtalo

Opinion Who would you prefer out of Ben Hunt or Shaun Johnson ?

Shaun Johnson set up 3 tries tonight for the Warriors and has been playing very good lately. I don't know when was the last time Hunt set up 3 in 1 game for the Dragons. I'd prefer Johnson and he'd be a bit cheaper than the 1.2M or close Hunt would be seeking. We need money for middles too...
  39. bradtalo

Opinion Joe Ofahengaue ?

We're pretty desperate for middles (more so than the f..king Eels). Tigers player of the year in 2022...
  40. bradtalo

Is Averillo a centre or winger ?

Both tries he scored against the Dragons he was standing at wing (first try he only had TPJ outside him). His go seems to be running around the defence. He's definitely a finisher. Average at taking tough carries though. Kiraz is more suited to tough carries but he's more suited to centre in a...
  41. bradtalo

Opinion Matt Lodge might be the man out at the Roosters

I read today the Roosters are likely to re-sign JWH for another year. So seriously next year they can afford not 1, not 2, not 3 but f..king 4 top props (3 internationals) in JWH, Collins, Leniu and Lodge. LOL We got 1 in Thompson. While they're at it they'll likely re-sign Tupou even though...
  42. bradtalo

News NRL under pressure from clubs to censor Phil Gould

NRL under pressure from clubs to censor Phil Gould ByMichael Chammas Updated April 17, 2023 — 7.59amfirst published April 16, 2023 — 5.00pm Save https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/live-scores?match=535095874 Frustration is growing among club land over the NRL’s apparent reluctance to censor...
  43. bradtalo

Opinion Current NRL players who grew up Dogs supporters ?

As we all know Kiraz is killing it and according to all reports he absolutely hates to lose and he has extra motivation to win for us because he grew up a Dogs fan. Wouldn't it be good if we could maybe bring back a few of our former fans currently playing for other clubs when they next come...
  44. bradtalo

Koloamatangi grew up a Dogs fan / favourite player was Josh Reynolds

We should bring him back to the fold 'I'll try to run over him': Keaon keen for clash with childhood hero Reynolds AuthorBrad WalterNRL Senior ReporterTimestampWed 5 Apr 2023, 06:01 AM If Keaon Koloamatangi runs at Josh Reynolds in the annual Good Friday clash between the Rabbitohs and...
  45. bradtalo

News Wallabies should take their pick of the Bulldogs litter if Gus will tell rugby code-hoppers to ‘go now’

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/03/31/wallabies-should-take-their-pick-of-the-bulldogs-litter-if-gus-will-tell-code-hoppers-to-go-now/ The first thing Rugby Australia should be doing after Phil Gould’s rant about Joseph Suaalii is taking a look at the Canterbury Bulldogs roster. New coach...
  46. bradtalo

Opinion Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano

Like most fans I'm so over Flano but I've read a few on here say Flano is worth keeping in the team because of his defence. Seriously ? If we're willing to do that I now think we would have been better off keeping Lewis who also had a stronger kicking game. I'm interested to know if you agree...
  47. bradtalo

If you could sign 1 "available" elite player for 2024 who would it be ?

Gus said a couple of weeks ago that we have enough cap for next year to buy 1 more elite player. Below is a list of the NRL players still available. If you could buy 1 player to have the greatest impact for our team next year who would it be ? I was thinking Jack Wighton but I think he'd be a...
  48. bradtalo

Roosters interest in Moses

If the Roosters sign Moses the NRL deserves to lose 50% of all fans because it's like the whole game is rigged in their favour and they do nothing to fix it. The salary cap is f..king useless...
  49. bradtalo

Opinion We need NAS

I think NAS gave a good demo last night why we should pursue him as the dominant prop we need (in place of Thompson). He's such a handful close to the line. If he could score a few tries for us like he did last night he'd more than make up for his value. Yes he's a target for rugby but why...
  50. bradtalo

Aaron Schoupp On Being Forced Out Of The Bulldogs

Rewind back to start
  51. bradtalo

Mason on James Graham podcast

Bloke in a bar discussing Dogs also
  52. bradtalo

Broncos paid Anthony Mundine under the table on the quiet

05 FEB, 2023 'I got paid outside of salary cap' Sunday Mail Brisbane, Brisbane ‘I got paid outside of salary cap’ LUCKY there was no integrity unit or salary cap auditor around during Super League. Anthony Mundine has claimed in a summer podcast he was paid $300,000 under the table by the...
  53. bradtalo

Panther whingers

If you read / hear any Panthers fans whingeing about us pinching their players don't be shy to remind them how they took multi premiership winning players Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from us (in 1988) and Peter Tunks (1990). What goes around comes around .... karma We were raided by the...
  54. bradtalo

Cowboys half Tom Duffy rules out Bulldogs defection

Phil Gould’s Bulldogs identified the former Aussie Schoolboys and QLD U19s star as the best young halfback in the country but the Cowboys youngster has ruled out a Sydney defection. Read more: Patrick Woods Follow @PatWoods321 2 min read January 12, 2023 - 1:29PM Townsville Bulletin 0...
  55. bradtalo

Bulldogs heart-throb now living on streets and battling cancer

Sandy Campbell anyone have access to the full report in the Courier Mail ...
  56. bradtalo

The Mole: Future-minded Bulldogs win scrap for gun New Zealand teen

The Bulldogs are undeniably planning for the long term, reflected by signing a 15-year-old prodigy from New Zealand. Halfback Aza Mautairi has signed with the club until the end of 2024 after blitzing all comers in his age bracket. Mautairi, from South Auckland, played for renowned league...
  57. bradtalo

Angry Super League club issues 'hands off' warning over NRL raid on George Williams

Looks like Moses is our real ONLY option now unless we'd be happy with someone like Croft English club Warrington has issued a stern "hands off" warning to NRL clubs chasing star halfback George Williams. One of the Lions' best during the Rugby League World Cup, Williams has already proven he...
  58. bradtalo

First signing for 2024 will be ?

If you were a betting man who would you put serious money on to be our first announced signing for 2024 ? Not so much who you would like to be signed, more who you think the club will sign. Mine would be Mitchell Moses (closely followed by Stephen Crichton)
  59. bradtalo

How much should we offer Moses ?

With Munster and Hunt now re-signed the Tigers and Dolphins are going to make a big play for Mitchell Moses. They say he's on 900K at the Eels. I was hoping we may get him for a MIL a season from 2024 but looks like it would take more than that now and is he really worth it ? Didn't look so in...
  60. bradtalo

Opinion Your shopping / auction list for 2024

Come November 1 the bidding starts for 2024. I really can't see us signing Munster at around the 1.5M or more like the Dolphins and Tigers will offer him or getting him and his wife away from Queensland plus we might need an organiser 7 even more. Ben Hunt would be great IF we could get him...
  61. bradtalo

Fox Sports Dogs sign Patrick Young

LEAGUE’S RAID ON UNION For all the rugby union huff and puff about opening the $10 million cheque book to target NRL players the elbow patch brigade might want to get their own backyard in order first. The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have landed a significant body blow on rugby union and...
  62. bradtalo

Opinion It's going to be a tragedy if we go back to structured footy

If we sign Ciraldo or anyone else besides Potter as head coach I seriously hope the new coach learns from the way we're currently performing in attack and doesn't bring in boring f..king structures again. That's my main fear. I haven't enjoyed watching our team this much since Barba and J Moz...
  63. bradtalo

News Bulldogs hard man Luke Thompson rushes home to England 'in an emotional state' to deal with a mystery family issue

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nrl/article-10953897/Canterbury-Bulldogs-NRL-star-Luke-Thompson-rushes-home-England-personal-matter.html Bulldogs hard man Luke Thompson rushes home to England 'in an emotional state' to deal with a mystery family issue as Canterbury boss Phil Gould admits...
  64. bradtalo

News Potter tipped to remain at the helm following Bulldogs resurgence

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-bulldogs-head-coach-mick-potter-hired-who-is-bulldogs-next-coach-kristian-woolf-wests-tigers-cameron-ciraldo-news-nrl-coaches/news-story/01d2ad91727b750ccfd34ed947a7c5bd Gus' main target is Payten. 100%. If it were anyone else we...
  65. bradtalo

Opinion Would you wait til 2024 if we can get Todd Payten ?

A few people have asked the question '"Why do we have to go with a coach who'se available at the moment" ? We don't. Potter could be extended for another year and a lot of people are pretty happy with him at the moment. Gus stated the other day he wants to make our club attractive to a...
  66. bradtalo

News Jaw dropping’: The American football experts in awe over Matt Burton’s ‘NFL leg’

Jaw dropping’: The American football experts in awe over Matt Burton’s ‘NFL leg’ By Michael Chammas and Adam Pengilly June 24, 2022 — 5.45pm Matt Burton’s monster boot has captured the eye of one of America’s most respected kicking coaches, who was stunned by the Canterbury five-eighth’s...
  67. bradtalo

Opinion Your opinion on the Walker brothers ?

They're happy with a 1 year contract and will throw in the towel if they don't make the finals in their first year. I remember reading an article about them a few years ago about their unique style of coaching / play and always thought I'd like to see some club try it in the NRL. Joey Johns is...
  68. bradtalo

Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

Tigers were unhappy Gus came out saying there may be a walkout of Tigers players following Maguire out the door. As was reported Hastings in particular is very, very close to Maguire. Hastings said he'd like to play the rest of his career for Mag. I noticed on his Twitter Gus posted about...
  69. bradtalo

Judda Turahui, Mavoni Tuifua,

Anyone know how these 2 are going ? I believe Tuifua may have returned from injury recently but I'm unsure. I had big hopes for both these fellas to be pushing for NRL this season
  70. bradtalo

Why don't we hire a specialist halves coach for the rest of this year ?

We didn't have one when Barrett was coach because Gus considered Barrett our halves coach having been a 5/8 himself. What's the excuse now ? Potter was a fullback. Burton and Flanagan could be learning some valuable lessons for the rest of this year so it's not a total waste. We could have them...
  71. bradtalo

Phil Gould reveals why Brad Fittler has turned a corner in NRL coaching

Older article from August last year but gives interesting insight into Gould's opinion on Fittler. Gould says Fittler had a problem understanding how "average" players think. How's he going to go from working with the top self motivated players to working with hopeless c..ts who can't even...
  72. bradtalo

Why haven't we even contacted Flanagan yet ?

Why in several articles in the last few days has Flanagan had to come out in the media saying he wants the job but he hasn't been contacted by Gould or anyone at the club ? I'm concerned these reports could turn Gould (and others) off hiring Flano also. When Barrett was sacked I thought...
  73. bradtalo

Opinion Why do our players need to miss 2 days of training ?

Does anyone truly understand why our players couldn't train today or apparently tomorrow ? Like we have what 4 assistant coaches who usually do most of the work anyway but none of them could take on some added responsibility for a couple of training sessions. Furner is an ex NRL coach also ...
  74. bradtalo

Woolford shines on debut

A leading member of our NSW Cup title winning team a few years ago. I always thought we should have kept him. He was very creative. Woolford shines on debut Award for the gutsiest performance of Magic Round without doubt goes to the Canberra Raiders. Rank outsiders against Cronulla, the...
  75. bradtalo

No Source Jacob Liddle anyone ?

Being shopped to rivals apparently. I'd rather ANYONE than JMK.
  76. bradtalo

What a difference a halfback makes

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/03/29/what-a-difference-a-halfback-makes/?fbclid=IwAR3y6JXlHoC87NdZ1IEtpDrKZAuBaAT3Aw1aYtu2vnQIyphNzFAYtvlZLtQ In 2021, Canterbury-Bankstown and North Queensland were below average. The Dogs managed just three wins and the Cows seven, in seasons that tested their...
  77. bradtalo

Who should replace Okunbor this weekend ?

Last week in NSW Cup "Former Knight Jacob Kiraz has wasted no time in making an impact on his new club, with the returning local junior notching up 173 running metres, two linebreaks, four tackle busts and setting up two tries" It's not like we don't have some decent alternatives. If Okunbor...
  78. bradtalo

George Williams ?

Any hope of us bringing George Williams back to Oz ? He's exactly what we need. Had a fallout with Ricky Stuart so unlikely to go back to the Raiders ever and Williams said in a recent interview he wouldn't rule out a return to the NRL. Anyone know how long he's signed for with his Super...
  79. bradtalo

Jock Madden

I hope the club takes a serious look at this guy for a number 7. Looks a genuine No 7. Watch the highlights video. He has a running game, passing game and kicking game. 21yo. Former Aust schoolboys captain. F..k Manly ...
  80. bradtalo

When should we consider re-signing Dufty ?

Dolphins are a big chance of making him a pitch any day now if they haven't already. He's the only name fullback off contract available for 2023. If they already had a fullback I'd be happy to wait longer but can we afford to ? Yes I know he's only played 1 game for us but he was the difference...
  81. bradtalo

Club still looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of season

Spoke to our major sponsor today. He confirmed the club is looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of this season. He said we need to because of salary cap pressure with Kikau etc arriving. Still a little bit of bad blood over Thomo's refusal to get vaccinated initially and he was shopped to...
  82. bradtalo

Luke Thompson and Kyle Flanagan’s glaring absence from Canterbury Bulldogs training

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/luke-thompson-and-kyle-flanagans-glaring-absence-from-canterbury-bulldogs-training-47448/ Luke Thompson and Kyle Flanagan’s glaring absence from Canterbury Bulldogs training Callum Walker January 6, 2022mode_comment0 Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on...
  83. bradtalo

Cheese is now Dick Cheese

I thought Cheese was a decent bloke until recently but now after officially joining the Rooster I think he's officially a f..king Co.k The Roosters are my number 1 hated team. It's just amazing how as soon as we sign someone the amount is in every media report but whenever the Cocks re-sign...
  84. bradtalo

Harry Grant lookalike at training

I saw something on Twitter about this from Bulldogs Kennel @BulldogsKennel including a photo but I can't access now on different computer. Does anyone have more info ?
  85. bradtalo

Rumour Are we getting Paulo ?

I've seen a few reports saying that if we offload both Cotric and Thompson for decent money we're getting Paulo. Someone on here even claimed he'd already signed. If anyone has any real inside info can you please share ?
  86. bradtalo

Bulldogs: Newcomers Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden and Tevita Pangai Jr want to form new left edge in 2022

Bulldogs: Newcomers Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden and Tevita Pangai Jr want to form new left edge in 2022 The last of Canterbury’s new recruits have arrived at Belmore, armed with a new battle plan to ignite the wooden spooners. See photos from day one here. Tevita Pangai Jr has dropped a...
  87. bradtalo

Video highlights of our new players for 2022/2023

Thought I'd put them all in one place in case anyone ever feels like spending decent time studying what we have to look forward to. There's a lot to look forward to and isn't it GREAT after the last few seasons ? 2022 Josh Addo Carr Matt Burton Matt Dufty Brent Naden...
  88. bradtalo

Which player are you happy we didn't sign ?

You can pick one or multiple
  89. bradtalo

Your suggestion for our top 30 for 2023 ?

I believe it's possible we could afford Paulo and keep Vaughan if we shed Thompson and a few others as below. ON CONTRACT FOR 2023 (23 players) Reed Mahoney Viliame Kikau Luke Thompson TPJ Josh Jackson Nick Cotric Kyle Flanagan JAC Matt Burton Corey Allan Jack Hetherington Corey Waddell Jake...
  90. bradtalo

Will Paulo be next ?

I've read in a couple of different threads (from different people) that we were chasing Mahoney AND Paulo. Does anyone have any inside goss on Paulo ? I wonder if we need to sell Cotric and / or Thompson or others to pay for who we've already bought or if we only need to sell them to buy...
  91. bradtalo

Arthur Laundy is a Tigers supporter

I revealed this a while ago in a thread and most people wouldn't believe me. Arthur told me himself. He only got involved with the Dogs because his son (who is a Dogs fan) asked him to. BILLIONAIRE BULLDOGS SPONSOR SUPPORTS RIVAL CLUB Canterbury Bulldogs major sponsor, hotel billionaire...
  92. bradtalo

Who would you rather Kikau or Cheese ?

Kikau for 800K or Cheese for 850K ? Just shows we had the money for Cheese if we really wanted him. I'm still wondering if we even made an offer. Remember when his manager said he got 4 offers (3 QLD clubs and Roosters obviously) but never got one from the club he really wanted ? If we can get...
  93. bradtalo

Dylan Edwards for 2023 ? Thoughts

He wouldn't cost the world. Ran for over 220m in the GF with a broken foot. Would you take him over Dufty for 2023 onwards ? Safe, proven big match player. Decent but not quite as good in attack maybe but better in defence including at organising the defensive line. Imagine if we ended up...
  94. bradtalo

Addo-Carr reveals top four ambition after becoming a Bulldog

Josh Addo-Carr remembers living in Belmore when Canterbury was consistently making grand finals. “The ultimate goal in rugby league is to win a competition,” Addo-Carr said. “Obviously Canterbury has been struggling the last couple of years. Every club goes through that stage. It’s good times...
  95. bradtalo

Opinion Who I'd buy for 2023

Yes I know 2022 hasn't kicked off but if we want to buy better players for 2023 and get the pick of the bunch we have to act from this Monday Nov 1. We can't afford to sit on our hands and wait for last minute bargains. I'm sure Gould has a plan involving a hooker at minimum For 2023 from...
  96. bradtalo

WTF !!!! We paid the same for Napa as the Bunnies are paying Cody Walker

Multiple reports that Walker is currently on 650K. About to be upgraded but I can't understand why we didn't sign him the last time he was off contract which was only a few years ago. To think we signed a useless c..t like Napa for virtually the same money as we could have signed one of the...
  97. bradtalo

Opinion Who do you think we'll chase / sign this November for 2023 (if anybody) ?

Off contract after 2022: John Asiata, Matt Doorey, Matthew Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Tui Katoa, Max King, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham All NRL players off contract after 2022 https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2022/ Are we still...
  98. bradtalo

Any particular reason we signed 2 x players from 5 clubs ?

Seems a bit of a coincidence. I know TPJ played a few games for the Panthers but we signed him from the Broncos Did we feel the new players all need someone familiar ? Did one player talk a mate into joining us ? TPJ + Asiata - Broncos Dufty + Vaughan - Dragons Burton + Naden - Panthers Cook...
  99. bradtalo

Jamal Fogarty might be available

Is he any good ? I haven't watched him play. Would he be better than Pearce ? Is he a game manager ? How much $$$ would he command ...
  100. bradtalo

Will we break the record for most changes to a NRL team in 2 consecutive games ?

Round 1 next year we surely have to be breaking the record for most changes in 2 consecutive games - particularly from the last game one season to the first game of the following season. As below I think there will only be 2 players the same from the starting 13 (so 11 changes) and only 5 the...