Search results

1. Bulldog_4_Life

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

He was not a regular for us at one of our worst periods ever, at our weakest. Half this forum was demanding he be included in first grade but he was lucky to get in a few times here and there. If the publicity was his trigger, he would not have done all this. We hold different opinions on...
  2. Bulldog_4_Life

You're doing the same thing, just holding a different point of view. He is a grown man, about to be 23, who has lodged a claim against the club that so many people here have a genuine love for. Of course they are going to defend their club. Most people arent upset, they actually find it...
  3. Bulldog_4_Life

My missus who is a lawyer that used to deal with workplace incidents said the same thing. Its like they've taken a uni graduate and asked them to pull out claims out of a textbook. The settlement will be less than 1m. It will probably be one years salary.
  4. Bulldog_4_Life

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

Agree on this. I havent seen a player with more natural ability than Barba. It wasnt just the highlight plays, it was just his ability to always be in the exact right place at the time. Shame how it turned out.
  5. Bulldog_4_Life

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

He is a great talent, I think we could see him in the 14 jersey for a couple of weeks, similar to what Storm did a few years ago with Papenhuyzen. Just get him up to speed with first grade footy.
  6. Bulldog_4_Life

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

We are very confident but we need to come out like we do against the top teams. If we can maintain that level against weaker sides (like we did against Titans) then there is no reason why we cant beat Knights and then Tigers after the bye.
  7. Bulldog_4_Life

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

Apparently its top 8 or at least 2 origin appearances.
  8. Bulldog_4_Life

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

According to the DT, the Panthers are after Stefano Utoikamanu. He has a clause in his contract that lets him leave if Tigers fail to make the 8 this year.
  9. Bulldog_4_Life

Opinion Skelton

But he has been getting injured a fair amount this past few years. He has very suspect defence as well. If you want to compete for a title, you can’t have Fox on that type of money.
  10. Bulldog_4_Life

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Losing this one stings. We should have won this.
  11. Bulldog_4_Life

The new kicking rule is going to be exploited by the best clubs if you can't even breathe on a kicker within 0.5 seconds of them kicking.
  12. Bulldog_4_Life

HOW DID HE EVEN SEE THAT PLAY, THE KICK WASNT EVEN ON WOWW
  13. Bulldog_4_Life

If Ciraldo doesnt rip into the refs after the game then he can fuck off
  14. Bulldog_4_Life

They'll call it back because it hurt Latrells feelings.
  15. Bulldog_4_Life

Our supporters should get themselves on the pitch in protest. This is beyond bullshit.
  16. Bulldog_4_Life

Was I the only one who just counted three obstructions in one set for them?
  17. Bulldog_4_Life

The rabbits #8 was behind our kicker, and received the ball from Johnston on the return. Is that not a penalty?
  18. Bulldog_4_Life

They are here for the taking. It was obvious before the game in the sheds.
  19. Bulldog_4_Life

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

I really hope we can keep them to zero. Would be a good reward for our D
  20. Bulldog_4_Life

Foran must be the NRLs worst defender this season.
  21. Bulldog_4_Life

You’re joking Kiraz… what a gun
  22. Bulldog_4_Life

I want Crichton to play fullback when we’re In the opposition 20.
  23. Bulldog_4_Life

Doesn’t make it a good rule. Most fans hate the rule. Refs should be paid enough to use some common sense.
  24. Bulldog_4_Life

I get that there was contact, but Foran had enough time to not just get to Wilson, but he overran it and ended up outside of the field.
  25. Bulldog_4_Life

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

After todays results in Europa, it looks almost certain that England will have a top 5 (which I dont actually like anyway). I can see them keeping ETH whilst they implement their first lot of changes, trying to maintain some sort of stability. We're looking at a structure now that will see...
  26. Bulldog_4_Life

Newcastle were originally posturing for a 2025 start and 20m in compensation, but it looks like over the past week they've done a U-turn (and rightly so as their previous stance was very small time of them), and now they're talking about a reduced compensation fee (10-13 million) and a start in...
  27. Bulldog_4_Life

Whilst there seems to be a lot negativity around the club (mainly the media), I think this is arguably the most exciting time to be a United fan in over a decade. We are the last remaining PL club without a director of football, and we finally have that in Dan Ashworth. Previously we had hired...
  28. Bulldog_4_Life

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

I love our history, but I hate having to read about it in every single article.
  29. Bulldog_4_Life

Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Ratcliffes boys are in town, we're soooo back.
  30. Bulldog_4_Life

Ortega is a better keeper. Ederson better with the ball. I hope you lot go on to win it this year.
  31. Bulldog_4_Life

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Id let go of both Burton and JAC. Probably a little over 1.5m in cap space right there. Overpay for an actual half and spend the rest of a prop.
  32. Bulldog_4_Life

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

I don’t understand how after 6 months of pre season the only play we know is trying to having Taffe sweep around the back.
  33. Bulldog_4_Life

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I think the Raiders are in for an ugly season.
  34. Bulldog_4_Life

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Eels have one of the most dominant packs when they have momentum. But I think you can really frustrate them if you slow down the play and make it ugly. I hope we arent risking Crichton if he isnt fully fit, same as Kiraz.
  35. Bulldog_4_Life

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

I think Sexton has a lot of potential to be a very good half in this league and seeing as we arent going to compete for a premiership this year, I would rather invest the time into someone who can be a legit half for us in the future.
  36. Bulldog_4_Life

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Disappointing. There is zero upside to playing Hutchinson over Sexton.
  37. Bulldog_4_Life

Southgate will go with Foden - Kane - Saka. Im expecting him to stick to his style of two deep midfielders.
  38. Bulldog_4_Life

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Im not too sure how true it was, but I read somewhere that when it originally blew up on the field, he denied it. So it would give him plausible deniability. But I guess it is too big of a case now to not give him a few weeks on the sidelines and a fine.
  39. Bulldog_4_Life

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Probably looking at end of May, start of June return if we consider the average recovery process for an ACL injury.
  40. Bulldog_4_Life

News Kikau’s Comeback Season

With our forward pack being light, Kikau needs to have a big season for us to be competitive.
  41. Bulldog_4_Life

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

You’d imagine it would be quite hard to find him guilty if it wasn’t picked up by any mics. Whilst his interview looks bad, it’ll hardly be enough
  42. Bulldog_4_Life

Your Round 1 Team?

Not sure what happens with Burton but Sexton must be in the team. He has the potential and is at the age where you could see him taking the next step and becoming a very good half in this league. I like Hutch but we are young and building and we need someone who can grow with the team. He is a...
  43. Bulldog_4_Life

Liverpool stadium

Parramatta is considerably better. But also has an awful modern day layout.
  44. Bulldog_4_Life

Liverpool stadium

Liverpool is a shit show. Horrible infrastructure, and shit roads. However, it is an area that will continue to grow and if done right, then it could be strategically great for us to have a stadium there. The overall fan experience at NRL games is already the worst amongst all major sports...
  45. Bulldog_4_Life

Varane injured. Lindelof picked up a lower back injury during the match too. Only fit defenders left are Dalot, Maguire and Evans. Injured defenders list: Martinez, Varane, Shaw, AWB, Malacia, Reguilon, Lindelof.
  46. Bulldog_4_Life

SCOTT MCTOMINAY FOR THE FUCKEN WIN
  47. Bulldog_4_Life

Exactly. I dont want to end up on the manager merry-go-round, new manager every season.
  48. Bulldog_4_Life

We United fans see the issues at the club, and that they are far deeper than what any manager can change. No matter if its Ten Hag or Jurgen Klopp, you put them in this mess of a situation, and they will struggle. The causal take that we dont have a style of play is factually incorrect, you dont...
  49. Bulldog_4_Life

Martinez and Shaw out till January, Malacia is still unknown, Reguilon probably about 3 weeks away, same as AWB.
  50. Bulldog_4_Life

Such a frustrating game. The first goal we conceded was shocking from Dalot, and then the last goal is exactly what happens when you have a centre mid playing left back. I dont even know what we can do, with Martinez, Shaw, AWB, Malacia and Reguilon out, we just have to keep hoping this...
  51. Bulldog_4_Life

The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Finals against Arsenal 06, United 09, United 11. Hope they get punished hard.
  52. Bulldog_4_Life

Kobbie Mainoo is regarded in the Greenwood, Pogba, class of talent coming through, the best of the best, but he also seems like a down to earth kid with a good head on his shoulders. He obviously has such a long way to go but it’s nice to have another youth player coming through who has the...
  53. Bulldog_4_Life

Apparently been injured since game 2 this season but had to play it through because we had no one else and then aggravated it against Arsenal. Out till Christmas time, so it’ll make it that much harder for us as he is pretty instrumental in starting play from the back for us. Varane is our...
  54. Bulldog_4_Life

To be fair, I believe we drew 11 premier league teams out of those 12 games. I’d take a championship team away over a premier league side at home.
  55. Bulldog_4_Life

Smaller clubs benefit way more by playing a game at Old Trafford and getting their portion of the revenue compared to much much smaller stadiums.
  56. Bulldog_4_Life

Newcastle Supporters Thread

Pretty sure Bayern were after him to start for them whilst Neuer was out injured.
  57. Bulldog_4_Life

https://x.com/centredevils/status/1707003043110359265?s=46&t=9aVQPdA5Dwf0ufRve2fZmg
  58. Bulldog_4_Life

Really impressive win against Premier League opposition. Bruno and Rashford got the night off. Casemiro back to his best. Varane back. Garnacho and Pellistri playing. Mount and Amrabat very impressive. Gore getting his debut. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Martial has played himself into the...
  59. Bulldog_4_Life

Been a long time since Donny last played
  60. Bulldog_4_Life

We’ve seen Casemiro back to his best in the last two games.
  61. Bulldog_4_Life

Hopefully it was a planned sub and not due to an injury
  62. Bulldog_4_Life

What an assist by Case and what a finish on the volley by Martial
  63. Bulldog_4_Life

Amrabat and Mount look so good this match
  64. Bulldog_4_Life

4th goal this season
  65. Bulldog_4_Life

Casemiro!!! 2-0
  66. Bulldog_4_Life

We are so assured defensively when Varane is in the team. He is just a silky smooth defender. I’d love to see our stats when he is in the side, we probably have one of the best defensive records in the league with him, and one of the worst without him.
  67. Bulldog_4_Life

https://x.com/espnuk/status/1706654855207493789?s=46&t=9aVQPdA5Dwf0ufRve2fZmg
  68. Bulldog_4_Life

You could score another 7 and that wouldn’t have put you any closer to playing in the champions league. Same amount of premier leagues as Leicester…
  69. Bulldog_4_Life

Toby S*****n

Agreed. He has shown promise and looks like he has a few more levels in his locker. With most of the best halfbacks in the league on their last legs, it could really work to our advantage if we can give Sexton all the tools to develop.
  70. Bulldog_4_Life

I think Newcastle will take a slight step back this season. Their initial jump last season was too big to sustain. They will first need to develop the infrastructure and foundations of a top club and they’ll go through years of ups and downs but as long as the owners keep their foot down full...
  71. Bulldog_4_Life

100m release clause is nothing for him. I think someone activates that in no time.
  72. Bulldog_4_Life

Your boys will get closest again.
  73. Bulldog_4_Life

Reguilon came off with a hamstring injury. Three left backs all injured.
  74. Bulldog_4_Life

We need to see out these next four games before international break. After that we probably will have a fully fit Mount, Amrabat and Mainoo to throw into the team too.
  75. Bulldog_4_Life

Unreal engine, even the commentator couldn’t stop mentioning how much he was running
  76. Bulldog_4_Life

Bruno! Let wait to see if they’ll find a reason to call this off.
  77. Bulldog_4_Life

Another bullshit disallowed goal. There is clearly an agenda here, this is the 4th questionable one that has gone against us this season and yet people will always just reference the Wolves decision and call us lucky.
  78. Bulldog_4_Life

I’ve never made an excuse for Varane being out because the club signed an injury prone player and that’s on them, but to have not only Shaw but also his replacement (Malacia get injured), and then also AWB get injured is definitely unlucky. Same with the midfield, to have not one but both your...
  79. Bulldog_4_Life

Our entire back four is injured; Shaw Martinez Varane AWB Ten Hag cant catch a break.
  80. Bulldog_4_Life

https://x.com/yo_insiderutd/status/1705568267773907050?s=46&t=9aVQPdA5Dwf0ufRve2fZmg Guy called the AWB injury before anyone so could be somethjng in this
  81. Bulldog_4_Life

With Amrabat and Mount coming back soon we might finally have some extra legs in the middle. Eriksen really hurts us defensively which then leaves Casemiro exposed. Also looking forward to having Varane back, I’m fairly sure we have a ridiculously good clean sheet record with Varane and a...
  82. Bulldog_4_Life

The way I see it is whether Ten Hag succeeds or fails in the long term, the work we’re doing now by clearing out the deadwood is going to serve us well in the long term. In every game this season we’ve had patches of time where we look good and play the way we want to play, against Bayern we...
  83. Bulldog_4_Life

We even offered Maguire a 6 million pay off and he refused it because he wanted 11m. He could’ve gone to West Ham, played at a good level still and instead he is rotting on our bench and can’t even get minutes when we’ve had 4 defenders injured. Maguire, Sancho, McTominay and Martial need to...
  84. Bulldog_4_Life

It’s clearly Maguire and Sancho running their mouth. Cant wait till January until we can bin them. Same players gave up on Mourinho, Ole, Rangnick and now Ten Hag. Fuck them.
  85. Bulldog_4_Life

De Gea is probably in my top 5 favourite ever United players but let’s not forget how many mistakes he made the last 2 seasons, he was even dropped twice. He cost us two finals. But in his prime he is the greatest pure shot stopper I’ve ever seen. Insane reflexes.
  86. Bulldog_4_Life

His ball playing ability is genuinely superb but his shot stopping has never been as shaky as it has been this season. He was so so good for inter and MOM in the UCL final. He has performed at a high level for years. Keep in mind he has not even played one game with our full defence yet.
  87. Bulldog_4_Life

Definitely think we did ok considering that there’s 11 players out ignored at the moment. Will need to get a couple of wins in the next few champions league games though to put ourselves in a good position to progress.
  88. Bulldog_4_Life

Casemiro! Lost a golden opportunity here. Onana threw the ball into his one net and a soft penalty probably means we lose this but we should’ve gotten something out of this.
  89. Bulldog_4_Life

Bayern bringing on Coman whereas on our bench we’ve got three keepers, Johnny Evans and three midfielders from our youth side.
  90. Bulldog_4_Life

Another game another soft call against us. That’s not a penalty.
  91. Bulldog_4_Life

Holjund!! Goal!
  92. Bulldog_4_Life

It’s like these players forget the basics, you can see the shape we’re trying to play in the first part of the match, you see movement and then the players just stop, they stop running, stop passing and make silly errors.
  93. Bulldog_4_Life

Much better side for the first 29 minutes, conceded 2 in 3 minutes and there goes the game. How does it happen so much.
  94. Bulldog_4_Life

We’ve looked pretty good so far, need to keep this up
  95. Bulldog_4_Life

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1704144081088094349?s=46&t=9aVQPdA5Dwf0ufRve2fZmg
  96. Bulldog_4_Life

Bayern haven’t lost a group stage game in 6 years…. 34 games unbeaten in groups. Longest streak in UCL history.