Search results

1. Dogtime

Opinion 2022 Could Surprise us all. A case of déjà Vu

It hadn't really struck me till now...till the signing of John Asiata....but we just might outperform even the most optimistic Bulldogs supporters expectations for 2022.... based on recent history. I compare how we went into 2012 to how we are lining up for 2022. In 2011, we had Barba who had...
  2. Dogtime

Opinion Thanks for your service

I'm somewhat surprised to see that a topic hasn't been started yet for our band of players who will most likely be either pulling on the Blue and White for the last time this weekend or otherwise in any event be leaving the squad for good at the conclusion of this weekends games and mad Monday...
  3. Dogtime

Opinion What Do We Want for Christmas?

Much has been said about our salary cap problems. Weve also used about 25 players so far this year. Some players are off contract at years end and may not be renewed. But the majority of this present squad WILL be there next year. A fellow dogs fan mate said to me today....looking at the way...
  4. Dogtime

If only we could trade players like in the MLB

Watching the teams who've progressed to this years Grand Final, being the best 2 teams, I compare their squads to our squad and must acknowledge that we are not on the same page as them. Next year with less interchange will only highlight our problems more. Commentators this year marvelled at...
  5. Dogtime

James Graham says Cronulla wanted the win more than us WTF?

In his post match presser Jammer commented that he could tell early on in the contest that Cronulla had come to play. He then went on to say that he thought that Cronulla wanted the win more than us. Really? I NEVER want to hear our Captain say this. With all the raw emotion of playing at...
  6. Dogtime

How would you score our start to the season/where do we rank?

Right at this moment Id give us a 3/10 and say we would be lucky to make the 8 based on our performances so far. I base this on the following: 1. Our halves of Hokko and Reynolds are so far out of form that our attack only looks half decent with Mybe playing 5/8th. But Des is so loyal that he...
  7. Dogtime

Des's very strange press conference response

Refer the Pressie for Dogs Tigers game. http://m.nrl.com/rd-4-press-conference-bulldogs/tabid/10959/contentid/733602/default.aspx When asked about how the team is performing at present Des states that its the first 5 rounds and we are not playing well "and the boys know that". All fine. THEN...
  8. Dogtime

Ponder to possibilities of Brett Kearney as a Bulldog

A little birdie has told me the Bulldogs are looking closely at former Cronulla sharks player Brett Kearney. Kearney whos early career with South Sydney and Cronulla had his Australian football career cruelly affected by injuries to his foot and hand. He joined the Bradford Bulls in 2010 and...
  9. Dogtime

Bulldogs Team Selection Round 17

Well Des has done it to us again. Is he effectively conceding the Manly game to make a statement to the NRL that the Dogs have been inconvenienced big time this year with SOO. So its not HIS fault or responsibility to come up with a roster and gameplan to challenge Manly this week? I mean I...
  10. Dogtime

Trent Hodkinson - Bulldogs Captain?

After witnessing the way the Hodko has handled the media since coming into Origin I have thought...wow this guy is a natural. If we were to look at what characteristics a club would look for in a captain, Hodko seems to possess most of all the right sort of credentials. Hes calm and level...