Search results

1. Mozzie

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

I think because he was like a dumb dog that kept ripping up your shoes but was always waiting for you at the front gate when you came home. He had the bulldog spirt just not the skill to go with it.
  2. Mozzie

How Good?

Love his D but I am looking forward to seeing his running game. The kid needs a little more time to settle into first grade. In with the big fish now.
  3. Mozzie

Rd 12 vs Titans 3-2-1

Mahoney TPJ Kiraz
  4. Mozzie

Opinion Which coach would you of wanted

Ted Lasso! scary part is he probably would do a better job than some of the coaches we have had over the last few years. I am not saying Ciraldo is no good as he has a only got a reserve grade squad at the moment but that can change
  5. Mozzie

Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

I agree, If we were going to talk about a few good defenive tackles we should have kept Lewis as our halfback. He probably would have outplayed some of our forwards this week. Although not the answer bring in Reynolds he is better than Flaninotagain and have KO at 14 to give him a break.
  6. Mozzie

News ‘It’s a fairytale’: Reynolds ready to become Prince of Belmore again

I agree, Sadly he can't be any worse that Flanagan. Heck dare I say it even Lewis with his Black Friday speaker sale is a better option
  7. Mozzie

Opinion Tyrone Roberts

Lewis was better than Flanagan which a sad thing to admit
  8. Mozzie

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

This correct. As a new coach of not even a week yet. It is only fair for him to make suttle changes over the next few weeks but changes will come as players fail to play at the level required ( I hope)
  9. Mozzie

News Kyle Flanagan on dad Shane’s coaching ambition

As sad as it is to say this, Lewis was a better half back and is not a good thing for us going forward if Kyle remains in the halves
  10. Mozzie

News Ready Freddy? Fittler in mix for Bulldogs job as Baz walks with $500k: Blog with Hoops

Shit yeah, I would even rather see Gallen in the box and to say he is less punchable than Fiddler is saying a fuking lot.
  11. Mozzie

Opinion This weeks team

As much as I would like a lot of changes I agree with you. It would be madness to make huge changes in the first week. The best we can hope for is a few positional adjustments and some new reserves. There will be some commentators saying that teams usually have big games after the coach is...
  12. Mozzie

News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

Statements like if Barett is sacked/resigns it is likely Burton or any other player will leave is total crap. At the end of the day all players and clubs for that matter will look after themselves. Burton would be mad not to consider any potential offer from another club when allowed. Same goes...
  13. Mozzie

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Does anyone knows why TPJ is not playinging ?
  14. Mozzie

George Williams ?

How bad must Cogger be to be second string in a Super league side. I think he is only a bees dick better than what we have. But he would be better.
  15. Mozzie

George Williams ?

That was a statement regarding how bad our situation is. No one in their right mind would suggest bring back Lewis as a half back! He can't even flog off stolen property with any success. But saddly we wouldn't do any worse than what we currently have available We need an experienced half badly...
  16. Mozzie

George Williams ?

Right now i'd take Lewis back so anyone that can actually play halfback in First grade sounds good to me. I know there are people saying We haven't played a game yet but I seen enough inthe trials to suggest we will struggle inthe halves Burton will be double teamed and people can not expect him...
  17. Mozzie

Part 2 Gus' Tackle Six

We need an experienced halfback and untril that happens we are just running around chasing our tails. We will improve but so will everybody else I think like a lot of Kennellers do that Avo is not going to work as a half and is likely to affect his future in the game. The other options at the...
  18. Mozzie

Knockonbur vs Feldt

Should have a strand cut off with every dropped catch. He will get better for sure :tearsofjoy:
  19. Mozzie

Ryan Sutton To The Dogs

I wish we picked up a halfback some clubs have 3rd string halves better than our 1st string
  20. Mozzie

Opinion Round 1 next week

I'd rather see Lewis at Half back and that is really sad!!
  21. Mozzie

Positives

We played so bad I am sure we were Tanking. So that is a positive it is not easy to look that bad. We now go into the season with everybody thinking we are easy beats. Great stragety Coach Barrett!
  22. Mozzie

We need a halfback

Is Seizer a possibility ? How locked in is he in the UK ? Can we swap him with someone?
  23. Mozzie

News 20 stars for 2022 Paul Alamoti

I hope the recent bulldog curse doesn't come down on him. We have managed to screw up potential great players into never to be seen again flops. Luckly we seem to have a better team for him to develop with this year so maybe he will be able to reach his potential.
  24. Mozzie

Opinion Maybe we should of kept Lewis

Cogger and Lewis were about the same but with slightly different strengths neither were NRL standand Lewis would be okay in reserve grade maybe ?? As was mentioned they are better than what we have at the moment it would seem. We need an NRL standand halveback if we want too make the top 8. We...
  25. Mozzie

Opinion How do you solve a problem like Averillo?

I think we need to get Seizer back from the UK ?
  26. Mozzie

Opinion Jake v Kyle

Sad thing is Lewis was our best optionn last year and after a bit of a recruitment drive if he was still part of the squad would be our best option this year from the choices I have seen. Surely there must be someone out there that can do better than what we have available. Gus's face said it...
  27. Mozzie

Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

It would not hurt to give Dufty a 15mins in the halves either
  28. Mozzie

I think Dufty might be worth a go at half. I have heard that Avo might be okay at fullback
  29. Mozzie

How much would it cost to get Lewis Back! Just jokes but he is better than these halves which is our problem at the moment
  30. Mozzie

News Lachlan Lewis emerges as social media sensation

I agree Lachy wasn't the best half back to play for our club but there was more than his lack of talent against him. Our fowards were lacking and some of the coaching was poor. He would of made a good reserve grade half back especially because defence is lacking in that competion. Good luck for...
  31. Mozzie

Wakeham to wear number 7

I would rather see Lewis back especially if he throws in a set of speakers Talking of the Prince what is he up to these days Maybe opened a hair saloon?
  32. Mozzie

Give Flanagan a chance?

The sad fact regarding Flano is that he was out played by Lewis and everybody seems to agree that Lewis is no halve back. In fact Lewis out played our other other options as well which to me says we have a real issue in that position. BBO might come good but time tell.
  33. Mozzie

Official Round 24 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Even with the ref being that bad and Manly playing like shit, we should have scored more trys. None of our trys were put on by our halves.
  34. Mozzie

Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Lewis should be in for Hoppa Neither will be around next year but at least Lewis can tackle
  35. Mozzie

Team vs Knights Rd 23 2021

I hope Lewis comes in but I think Barrett will leave him out to give Flanno another go at showing Gus something anything a kick, a decent pass, a bit of hand waving, a zig zag or just have his shirt tucked in and socks pulled up. It is better than what he has shown so far.
  36. Mozzie

Defensive Coach - Please Explain

We have dwarfs playing all over the field. Sad to say that we look better in defence when Lewis plays. He is a shit halve but at least he strengthens up one side of the field. I would have pissed off Hoppa ages ago and had the slow coat Lewis in his place. Instruct him to just tackle everything...
  37. Mozzie

Official Round 22 Bulldogs V Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I thought BBO looked tiny in defence might of been the size of the Warriors players on his side of the field. In fact we seem small on that side. The Warriors botched at least 3 tries on that side they were running over the top of little fellows.
  38. Mozzie

Official Round 22 Bulldogs V Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Unfortunately our forwards haven't given any of our halves a platform. Hence our second grade playmakers have had no chance to shine
  39. Mozzie

Would you swap Averillo for Brandon Smith ?

It is hard to judge a player with the shit we have in our side. There are about 4 or 5 players that wouldn't make most NSW cup sides. Averillo may be crap but it is hard to be to critical at the moment. Next year will either make or break him.
  40. Mozzie

Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

The truth is and I know this is not the answer but we usuaslly play better with Lewis in the side. Probably not a good sign for the rest of our halves in our roster. BBO looks a little small but he is a whippy player.
  41. Mozzie

Awareness appeal for dogs supporters with BSDS

I'm really sick! I made my wife wear a Brandon Smith mask during sex last night.
  42. Mozzie

Lachlan Lewis gets rich offer from super league

Yeah there are a lot more experts here on the Kennel! Just don't have a bad game. Ask Josh Jackson how he feels about the support he is getting at the moment from a lot of kennel members. Fact is Lewis never had the skills to be a top level NRL half. But he has heart which has always been...
  43. Mozzie

Hoppawati

I think Lewis should be playing in the centres instead of Hoppa. We have been leaking plenty of points in that area and Lewis is no slower and can help with his kicking game.
  44. Mozzie

Cody Walker sledge that set off Lachlan Lewis

That maybe true But Lewis saved at least one try by tackling one player over the line which dislodged the ball and likely saved another with a ball and all tackle near the line by a hard running forward. he was part of the reason we stayed in the game and part of the reason we lost it as well...
  45. Mozzie

Dogs fans petition club to keep Lewis

I have said this before Lewis is like a dumb dog that you can't help liking. He shits in the garden, chew your shoes, dribbles on our lap and humps your leg But he is loyal and you feel a little safer when you are home alone. He is no competition winning half and I think most of his supporters...
  46. Mozzie

News UNLUCKY DOG TO BE DISCARDED

I see Lewis playing somewhere probably not in the halves if not for the dogs then for someone else. I think his time at the dogs is done but I have been a fan of his not for his ability but his determination and heart.
  47. Mozzie

Averillo

I think you are a bit harsh on Lewis Touponau steam rolled him once But Lewis nailed him most of the night and one try saving tackle as well. Touponau is a monster and would have steam rolled most of our forwards. Now on Avo he has played more games than Walker on the other side and he is only...
  48. Mozzie

Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I think that is why Lewis is liked by many he has no real skill as a half but he has heart and plays with the Bulldogs of war mentality
  49. Mozzie

Yeah I think if Flanagan is going to have a half decent game it will be this one. I think Lewis should be in for Hoppa. Better defence and no slower. And he can kick us out of our 20m when our pussy forwards get us nowhere
  50. Mozzie

I think Lewis is needed for his defence alone. I know you don't pick halves for their defence but the way our team is playing fuk we need help we can get.
  51. Mozzie

Rumour Hopoate Mid Season Transfer

I would have had Lewis in Hoppa's place from about the 3rd game. I know Lewis is not fast but would do a much better job than Hoppa.
  52. Mozzie

Opinion Bulldogs v Broncos Race for Spoon

Yeah I love the enthusiasm after we win a game. And I hope they are right but I can't see us winning 6 from 11 games
  53. Mozzie

Axed Flanagan ‘thought he was going better'

The way I read it Lewis had a better game than Flanno !
  54. Mozzie

Wolves in sheep skin !

The truth is we constantly throw up good reasons for us to be in the media in a negative light. Some for good reason some is bullshit. but either way we have been easy targets. This needs to stop
  55. Mozzie

Kyle Flanagan ignored a club directive in fronting emotional press conference

I don't remember all this fuss when Lewis was hooked. But as was mentioned we live in a very politically correct world now days. lets all hug and look forward to our next loss or should we not have scoring in our games and everybody gets a McDonald's voucher especially the fans that turn up to...
  56. Mozzie

Corey Allan !!!! WTF is this the same BLOKE ???

As mentioned and I have said many times until we have an affective forward pack it matters little who our backs are? I would suggest that if Burton and the fox were granted releases hypothetically speaking and they were playing with our current pack. In about 3 weeks there will be calls of WTF...
  57. Mozzie

Are we signing Cheese? We must be crackers!

I don't care what position the cheese plays for us. He is better than most of our players in any position including half back. We hardly have any Dogs of war players in our side currently. There are wingers in others sides who run rings around our forwards. I would trade all of our in coming...
  58. Mozzie

Wakeham a 9?

Starling had a good game last night. Is he locked up or available for consideration ?
  59. Mozzie

News Better than another loss, but Bulldogs fans should not get crazy

Although I agree that the Sharks played badly I do think our team played well especially in defence which has been lacking this year
  60. Mozzie

Opinion Kyle Flanagan needs to be dropped, Bring back Lewis

I have always had a soft spot for Lewis. I know there are others. I don't know what it is ? My feeling is it might be his defensive efforts. I think he does need to come in at the moment. He won't be at the dogs next year. But I hope he is picked up by someone and given a chance to show if he...
  61. Mozzie

A list of positives from tonights match

I hear everybody is saying 2022 will be much better but unless we recruit some much better players and I am not sure where they are going to come from it will be baby steps forward in the coming years
  62. Mozzie

Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I am happy for Avo to have another go But is that because Lewis is unavailable or has he been dropped back to the Mounties? I'm fine with either at 6 at this stage.
  63. Mozzie

Sam Walker an example for Flanogan

I agree, I think even Lewis would look okay in the Roosters team. Their forwards moving forward allowing young Sam Walker to organise the attack. Saying that he performed very well and has superstar written all over him. I think he would have looked no better than Flanagan if he ran out with our...
  64. Mozzie

Opinion Milford??

I would rather keep Lewis. at least he has heart.
  65. Mozzie

Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Will Lewis need to miss next week's game? Although it was for eight minutes but we looked better balanced. might be my imagination
  66. Mozzie

News New Coach Old Tricks:Dogs Must Regain Snarl For Barrett To Succeed

The draw has not helped. The Bronco's game was our best hope of an early win and we didn't even score a point. We did compete for 10 minutes though. The Dogs of War will return and until they do I will be watching and cheering every good tackle, the rare try we score and dare I say it maybe an...
  67. Mozzie

Surprising stat about Lachlan Lewis

The reality is that like most weeks these days we get dominated early. Lewis will spend lots of time tackling until he is gassed. Then when an one of the few attacking opportunities presents because of fatigue he will throw a bad pass or puts up a crap kick and then the kennel will be in full...
  68. Mozzie

I have a sad story. 3 years ago I decided that I would have a Bourbon and coke after every Win. Well I am on my second bottle of Jim Beam and that is only because I started making them doubles strength drinks after realising it was going to be lots of games between drinks.
  69. Mozzie

I hear you mate but if we can't score a point against last years wooden spooners last week does it matter who we throw in against one of the best sides in the NRL. I am happy enough with Lewis in but Hoppa should have been dropped.
  70. Mozzie

Opinion Dip shit flanno worse then Lewis.

Yeah, I think Flanno is copping blame that he doesn't deserve but I used to say the same thing about Lewis. I do think Lewis need to come back in but at the expense of Hoppa. Lewis to 6 and and Avo to the centres. Someone needs to feed ox hearts to the forwards but I have a feeling Baz is...
  71. Mozzie

Opinion Some Logical reasoning

Hi hear what some are saying regarding we need time to fix what has been broken for a long time but we just played the worst team in the NRL and we didn't score a point and to make things worse they scored well over 20 points against us. I'm trying to stay positive but we play Souths and I think...
  72. Mozzie

Round 4 team

Our team is a basket case at the moment but I am happy to keep Avo in the side. either in the centres or the wing. Hoppa to me has been a turnstile and needs to be dropped. Lewis needs back in even if it is for his defence. If we can't score a point against last years wooden spooners we are in...
  73. Mozzie

Rd 3 Dogs vs Broncos 3-2-1

3 - Lewis 2- Deitz 1- Declan Casey We were talking about the Mounties. Our NRL side didn't play yesterday Bronco's won by default as we didn't turn up.
  74. Mozzie

Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

I hope the rumours are true! Happy to have him in the team I don't care what position he plays. He is a genuine competitor
  75. Mozzie

Opinion Milford on cheap money as a fullback?

Lewis is a better player or that going a bit to far. Just getting worked up with all the posts. especially the one about Elliott and another Milf
  76. Mozzie

Official Press Conference - Round 3 v Broncos

I'm just glad F1 is back this weekend. Because if we lose at least I will have Riccardo to put a smile on my face. I hope.
  77. Mozzie

Opinion Who will replace DWZ

I don't think anyone thinks that Lewis is the answer but everything starts with defence. I have not seen any kicking or passing from Avo. Most of the time so far he has just been standing in the back watching and doing nothing. But I am not riding him off just yet I think he is shell shocked...
  78. Mozzie

Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

You are probably right. I thought I saw the score and it said 28 nil but maybe Flanagan and Avo were throwing great attacking raids with no luck!
  79. Mozzie

Dump Averillo and Napa

The kennel experts are not ready for statements like that. Lucky they don't know address mate. It's probably a bit early for that although Averillo has done nothing both games so far this year have been very wet.
  80. Mozzie

Official Forward pass

We are grasping at straws if we are whinging over a couple of suspect Penrith try's. But I happy to run from that we need something.
  81. Mozzie

Dump Averillo and Napa

I would put Lewis in for Hoppa. No speed difference but Lewis is a way better defender.
  82. Mozzie

Hey guys Lewis was 18th man so lets just blame him. It worked last year. As bad as Lewis is I am yet to see anything better from our current halves. I FEEL that Fanno is better but I am yet to see it. But I have said it plenty of times halves can only perform when the forwards do their job and...
  83. Mozzie

I just watched the Broncos v Titians game and I think we could move Lewis to the broncos. Their halves can't tackle or kick bombs. They could use Lewis. maybe we could do some sort sort of player swap maybe one of their centres
  84. Mozzie

Trent Barrett won’t reveal Jake Averillo’s future role as Bulldogs await Matt Burton arrival

I think avo has potential but playing for the bulldogs over the last few years can turn potential into a park footballer. We are starting to see a bit of list forming. In Baz we trust.
  85. Mozzie

What scares me is we are probably better off with Lewis in the team. Even if he did nothing but defend. I would nearly have him in the centres instead of Hoppa. But lets give it a few more weeks before I get carried away on that suggestion.
  86. Mozzie

Round 1 is done & dusted

I think the down pour of rain didn't do us any favours And the ref calls in the first half played a part. I am not saying they weren't warranted but they do need to investigated to see what caused them. I think Baz handled the post match interview well. The most contributing factor was our...
  87. Mozzie

Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I'm just glad Lewis wasn't playing. he would have copped it worse than the ref. Although Flanno is twice as good as Lewis it has always been our forwards letting us down. you can't attack without the forwards winning the ruck
  88. Mozzie

News School teacher Bradley Deitz lands in his toughest class with Canterbury Bulldogs debut

I am hoping for a fairy tale coming true for Deitz. Could be become a club legend but I am getting way ahead of myself. Just play a good game Deitzy
  89. Mozzie

Have you watched the replay of our trial game?

Winning is an attitude as is losing. If we can scrape in a few wins it will change the team far more than any individual player can do. Our team has been losing for 2+ years now and that will take some fixing mentally. But a new coach and a sprinkling of new players can change attitude but we...
  90. Mozzie

Cotric At Centre

I am concerned about the defence on the right side. The Sharkies seemed to make huge runs down that side when ever they went that way. Hopefully Baz is all over that issue.
  91. Mozzie

News 'I can feel the heat coming': Flanagan expects to be targeted

Mate this the Kennel. The poor bloke will be lowered to Lewis status if he doesn't play like Thurston within 3 games. And this was trail game as well. The poor bloke has a lot of pressure on him to change our poor offensive record. Even the commenters were saying we were still struggling in that...
  92. Mozzie

Flanagan's first outing

I'm not going to put shit on flanno it was his first game with us. But those saying heaps better than what Lewis usually does is taking the piss. I didn't think any of the halves showed much. Wakeham didn't really put his hand up made a couple of nice round the leg tackles. And Lewis through a...
  93. Mozzie

Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

Is any one going to our NSW cup game that can give us a bit of a run down after the game!
  94. Mozzie

I have looked everywhere I can but I can't see it being streamed anywhere? shame as I would of loved to see some of the younger guys go round. Hopefully someone who's going to the game can give a bit of commentary on the kennel
  95. Mozzie

Baz trying find a spot for Lewis before naming the side
  96. Mozzie

I'm not trying to poo poo your comment as I have no doubt the stats a correct but stats are just that. As dysfunctional as Lewis has been as a play maker their is no doubt that he has made try saving tackles on the line which Wakeham is not physically able to do. He is a little like Cogger just...
  97. Mozzie

I agree with many others that JMK is not the right person for Dummy half he is more of a utility player for the bench. As much as I am have great concerns I think Wakeham might be worth a try. My biggest issue with him is his defence and I feel that will bring him down in the end. So that leaves...
  98. Mozzie

Tails of Belmore: Episode 1 - Geoff Robinson

Yeah one of the reasons I became a bulldogs supporter. He was all heart not as flashy as some around him but everybody loved Robbo