Search results

1. S

Opinion Injury replacements

Papalii is however Todd is on a train and trial contract so from round 11 unless he gets a reprieve.
  2. S

2024 Bulldogs AGM

then get blocked lol
  3. S

Opinion Any Interest In Pene ?

apparently his storm teammates think hes a bit of a pesto
  4. S

Official Mitchell Woods secures future at Belmore

O'Neill is likely to play NRL before Woods and Conti. Last season he wasn't out of place in NSW Cup before he went back to Flegg and won the comp as captain. He has some competition though this year with Hutch, Sexton and Taaffe. I can see Papalii getting a taste this year off the bench later in...
  5. S

Official Gus on Twitter

today i put liquid paper on a bee...and it... died
  6. S

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Judda Turahui, Gus was talking him up all pre season before 2022 and he didn't last the year
  7. S

Opinion Zac Montgomery

Agree with others. Montgomery was average in Cup but used more on an edge. Went back to Flegg as a middle and showed a lot of promise. Raw, aggressive type will need to fill out some more and play more Cup in the middle, then see where he's at mid year.. I think Todd and Hopoi are ahead of him...
  8. S

News Bulldogs star Karl Oloapu breaks silence on career defining spinal surgery, rehab, Anthony Minichiello’s advice

possibly he might be the player to be exempt as there is 31 at the moment..
  9. S

BULLDOG SITE. INJURY WARD. PLAYER PROFILES.

thats a blocking act mate lol
  10. S

was the question at all referring to the fact we don't get the info that we should be ? Gus is a rather sensitive one
  11. S

you had an opinion also did you.. hes blocked a few
  12. S

Totally agree. The communication in all forms (directly and through website) is atrocious! Gus loves to have control over all information and be the clubs "go to man".. didn't he recently say the social media team do their best but sometimes make mistakes.. its a professional sport, aren't we...
  13. S

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

A few of the flegg boys you named are too old. Montgomery, Fuz and im sure Todd aswell. Cup will have a stacked side like SG Ball imo. Flegg is in a little transition period.. i think Ron Massey will have a decent side aswell for coach Simon Greaves.
  14. S

Opinion New Young #7 from the Sharks.

O'Neill can still qualify for Flegg but the whisper is they want him part of the NSW Cup side. BBO and Rajab are training with the NRL side. Fuzz will most likely start in Ron Massey as are lot of the first year out of Flegg boys apart from a select few (Todd, Hopoi etc).. I can't see how...
  15. S

Opinion New Young #7 from the Sharks.

Fuz turns 22 next yr, ineligible for Flegg.
  16. S

Opinion Where would you splurge the cash

you writing off Patolo and Hughes, bye Knight ? Have we still got Josh Kalati ? I actually put him in the category with Hopoi, Todd and Montgomery.
  17. S

Are we short!? Back row

Kautoga can cover backrow aswell.. its only the first 10 rounds then any of the T and T can be utilised, like a Harry Hayes or Lipoi Hopoi both could be then easily fill a bench role.
  18. S

2024 Jerseys

no they didn't, you did lol
  19. S

Could This Be The Prop Headed Our Way for The 2024 Season

id take him 2024 then he can join big Sam
  20. S

News Siosiua Taukeiaho will NOT be at the Bulldogs in 2024. He has not been released by Catalans and he failed a medical

to think the amount of posts on facebook pages surrounding SST and on certain bulldog podcasts analysing his performances.. Then again Gus is very transparent on twitter ahahahahah
  21. S

News Siosiua Taukeiaho will NOT be at the Bulldogs in 2024. He has not been released by Catalans and he failed a medical

But we sat back in April as Gus put we will see what we have and give them time to prove, meanwhile missed a few props in the process
  22. S

News Bulldogs pounce on Tigers young gun

To keep Woods happy ?.. it worked
  23. S

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

along with billy smith who finished strongly and either watson or sandon smith who looks a gun...
  24. S

Official Gus on Twitter

let me guess Gus its because of your work in their pathways 10 years ago
  25. S

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

very bad recruitment from Gus again...Davey-like
  26. S

unlike quai-ward hes still with us
  27. S

He looks a weapon to me. Just needs to build time on the park. In your face defender, beats a player a often and has a nice draw and pass. Like someone said he's quite a size. Even though its written in his contract top 30, it doesn't surprise me he is even with his disrupted 2023. He'd be on...
  28. S

Hoffman no longer is.. i think he just accomodated a spot on a short term basis. Was perplexing to me at the time since we needed another prop in the squad when he was elevated.. then again we went and bought Quai-Ward aswell, and fat load of good that did..
  29. S

Official Lets Trot Show (Fox and Mansour Podcast)

i agree was very good, enjoyed it
  30. S

Opinion Update on Signings

i think its 24 - Nov 1 28 - Mar 1 30 - Aug 1
  31. S

Rumour Looks like we've got another young talent

Yeah im not sure. Maybe its just means games while they are on a train and trial contract, then once it reaches 3 games it becomes a supplementary or top 30 contract ?
  32. S

mate have you got the link to that document, i mean where you got it from ? i find the new supplementary list interesting. it might explain why we are linked to and supposedly signing so many experienced players. Players would only be upgraded from train and trial to supplementary if they...
  33. S

the supplementary players min 80K.. ? so you could have 4 players on $162,500 equalling $650K ? thats significantly more than the NRL top 30 min.. ?
  34. S

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Joash will be in NSW CUP, Wavik will be in Flegg perhaps as a centre.
  35. S

Opinion Update on Signings

off to the tigers
  36. S

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

we don't have a cap issue
  37. S

Forget Matterson, it won't be happening i can guarantee you. Gus and Cam are big on building a team with the right work ethic and they don't see him as that. Besides he isn't even a prop. Why weaken letting a player that scores tries out of nothing for a player that wont add to where we are...
  38. S

thought we trying to weed out selfish players, Matterson no thanks
  39. S

Curran signed.

he will play lock. 2 year deal
  40. S

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

like he did with Mahoney.. if we see more of that crap next yr his days are numbered surely
  41. S

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

thats essentially the Ron Massey Cup side.. bridging the gap between Flegg and Cup, but giving Flegg eligible players experience in RMC to speed their development.
  42. S

News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

this was his second year of flegg, he will be too old for flegg next yr.. really hope hes kept. He hasnt heard anything
  43. S

Thanks mate for that. I just don't understand how another club can announce a signing of a player if the NRL still has that player listed with their current club. Surely they need to be cleared before any announcement is made. If that is the official list all parties should respect that.
  44. S

its right at the time but its not updated to the current day thats the issue..
  45. S

haven't seen a great deal but read a bit.. sounds a likely kid
  46. S

its not accurate and never has been, as is the official nrl site.. the nrl really drops the ball in this area imo.. it forms the salary cap for each team and no one knows whos really in it.. wheres biondi odo who has a contract currently and IMB, Samrani and Kautoga just because they were...
  47. S

What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

he re-signed another 3 years. No way in hell we offered that long
  48. S

still need to add morri edwards and wilson
  49. S

News Bulldogs pounce on Tigers young gun

The Tigers were screwing him around and Gus wanted him, so Braith Anasta (his manager) said lets go...
  50. S

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

yep, they assume once a development contract is over they become a top 30 player. It doesn't necessarily happen. You would argue Kautoga is too then
  51. S

yeh i wouldn't go much on that.. they had iverson matai in it aswell before
  52. S

i got 24 taaffe crichton perham addo carr kiraz skelton quai-ward xerri burton sexton biondi odo mahoney king patolo hughes sutton knight kikau preston topine hoffman rfm oloapu salmon
  53. S

I think a couple of contracted players will be moved on and that seems to tie in with 8-9 signings which would include a few from within.. I'd guess - Blake Wilson Harrison Edwards Kurtis Morrin Drew Hutchison Kurt Mann Poasa Faamuisili SST Daniel Saifiti Alex Twal
  54. S

He has a contract for next year but im not sure exactly what that entails. He wasn't originally supposed to be in the top 30 this season. I just feel given the fact he didn't play any nrl and on a minimum contract, he could be moved on or put on a development as originally was.
  55. S

I got 24 players signed including Xerri, Crichton, Salmon and Taaffe and the confirmed players leaving in Pele, Pangai Junior and all the off contract players apart from Hughes and Patolo who were re-signed. Add Mann, Hutchinson and Taukeiaho and most likely promotions for Wilson, Morrin and...
  56. S

Opinion Blake Taaffe

he doesn't pick the team, but he recruits them.. isn't it wise to recruit players in postitions required in the roster ?!!
  57. S

Opinion Surely Gus is looking at the Hammer for FB??

I would make a play for Herbie Farnworth. Signed a 1 year extension, wants to play 1 again and they have since brought in Walsh and have Cobbo aswell.. big money on other players to keep hold of.. he's big fast and agile and he tore us one in game 1 this year.. probably allow us to make a play...
  58. S

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Yes i also think Cook should start and have jmk on the bench as he can cover a few positions and if Cook doesn't need a breather then we could potentially just use jmk as a roving lock like watson, radley, mann, murray.. later in games. Schoupp needs to be brought as he can bend a line and i...
  59. S

Sharks vs dogs trial

I honestly don't see the point in having 2 rookies in and around the team on a trial and not intend to play them!. Sorry Gus but this is a trial, play blokes that you think may have a chance of playing NRL. They can still hang around the dressing room and sit with the lads in the stand.
  60. S

Sharks vs dogs trial

It makes zero sense to me allowing Cotric to leave now.. could've held of another year or possibly freed up the million halves we got by moving a few on.. i reckon he would've looked really good in our lineup this season.
  61. S

Official Declan Casey

fullback
  62. S

Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

id be re-signing him and Topine asap..
  63. S

Club still looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of season

Bronco player for this year or next ? Only leg issue i recall is Oates, not exactly a player we need...
  64. S

2022 starting line up

we only giving Mounties 6/7 players
  65. S

Reece Hoffman To The Dogs??

looks that way, unless someone gets moved on..
  66. S

Josh Stuckey

is that so he could ask how you're going too ?
  67. S

Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

Steven Marsters signed with Thirroul Butchers. end of train n trial
  68. S

Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

Dale-Doyle could but if not certainly in 2023
  69. S

Jordie Barrett All Black full back

Agree on Jack Wellsby
  70. S

Official December Update from CEO, Chairman & Head Coach(including confirmation of Kikau and Mahoney both 4 year deals)

I received the email as a football club member, not sure if season ticket holders got it aswell. Might be a ploy to get more memberships..
  71. S

Official Bulldogs lock up boom rookie

But Compton has returned for next season, the brother might be still at Tigers along with Suakuru.
  72. S

Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

I do think he is on too much, but we also have players on less than their potential value.. I see it as we make decisions based on where we sit and what we need. I still believe he will add something especially in a better side and that he shouldn't be judged on last season. I also think why...
  73. S

Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

no winger or centre is worth that much to be honest.. but a winger in the modern game probably does more in 80 mins than a centre - kick retrievals, first hit up coming out of end, bomb diffusal, bomb attacking the line, finishing in the corners, awareness and communication with inside centre
  74. S

Train and trial players

Isn't Josese Lanyon in the Ball squad ? is he training with NRL ?
  75. S

Train and trial players

they are in the Flegg squad no need to train and trial
  76. S

Name your 2022 Mounties Round 1 Team

1. Corey Allan 2. Larsen Dale-Doyle 3. Braydon Burns 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Max King 9. Josh Cook 10. Mavoni Tuifua 11. Joe Stimson 12. Corey Waddell 13. Jackson Topine 14. Ryan Gray 15. Josh Stuckey 16. Judda Turahui 17. Kurtis Morrin 18...
  77. S

Opinion Players that need to be moved on.

Move on Stimson, Wakeham, Elliott, Flanagan and possibly Waddell.. nothing is gained by having them in the squad. That's potentially 1.5 mil but if can get 1 million you get 2 quality players that can add to the squad in key positions and possibly keep Lewis as a backup.. then just add 3 lower...
  78. S

Official Bulldogs SG Ball Cup 2021

Hey mate any reason why this list is vastly different to the table of players you listed earlier on the thread ? I noticed this list is in fact the one on the club website, where you get the other 1 ?
  79. S

Players off contact from Top 30 2020

The list looks like its been copied and paste from my Bulldogs Canterbury Cup page on facebook Jackson apart from of course your opinion on who you would keep and not keep. ;)
  80. S

Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 18 - Team and Game Discussion (BYE)

I run a facebook page on our lower grades if you interested join in.. "Bulldogs Canterbury Cup NSW and Junior Pathways"
  81. S

Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 18 - Team and Game Discussion (BYE)

Is that official ? I'm disappointed we didnt hang onto this kid especially after elevating him to the development squad.. why would we do that if he wasn't in our plans..
  82. S

What players should we dump at the end of the 2019 season

Perhaps but not someone like CHN who has another 3 years left, Crichton another 2 etc etc... there's 17 off contract as it is next year so in saying that, we probably could for a year but who would actually want to even half as most wouldn't make another 17.
  83. S

Fire sale if other clubs will cover their salary that we are paying. No more paying players at other clubs.
  84. S

Lachlan Lewis they would be, not Montoya.