Search results

1. Dapper Dog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

NAS out of their squad Not really seeing the 'creativity' in the forwards that Ciraldo alluded to
  2. Dapper Dog

News Saint, sinner, shoosh: Canterbury Bulldogs boardroom drama as former director is disqualified

"It wouldn’t be a footy season without boardroom drama at Canterbury Bulldogs. Veteran director Gary McIntyre has been disqualified from this weekend’s Canterbury League Club ballot by the returning officer for failing to declare he had been previously banned as a director. McIntyre was...
  3. Dapper Dog

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Wow, that is a great looking cup side. Assuming they dominate (fingers bloody crossed), a lot of these guys will be banging on the door of first grade in good, confident form. What's even better is that this game is listed for Foxtel broadcast, so those who aren't heading to the game will still...
  4. Dapper Dog

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Not that I think this makes it a good signing, but the stroke aspect is not a concern The stroke was mid-year and these were his stats from two international games late October: Number Position Mins Played Total Points All Runs All Run Metres Post Contact Metres Tackle Breaks Average Play The...
  5. Dapper Dog

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

Canterbury fans are in for a thrilling double-header at Belmore Sports Ground this Friday evening, as the Rabbitohs first take the field against the Roosters at 6pm before the locals rise to challenge Cronulla at 8pm. After a convincing win over the Melbourne Storm in Round 1 of the NRL's...
  6. Dapper Dog

2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Flanagan lets me down one final time lol :')
  7. Dapper Dog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Ok just give Kautoga whatever position Knight had... god awful tonight
  8. Dapper Dog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Kautoga has been outstanding, find him a spot
  9. Dapper Dog

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

That's very disappointing to hear. The coverage on FB was bog average and a pain to find and access, but it being free to view made it ok. I'm definitely not going to leave a comment on here suggesting the kennel crowdfunds a subscription someone on here could use to stream/record the matches...
  10. Dapper Dog

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake The Wests Tigers could be blown out of the water for their two prized targets, leaving them at risk of going home empty-handed. The latest on the high-profile recruitment drive inside. The 50km trip down the M4...
  11. Dapper Dog

News Critta’s on the next episode of Let’s Trot.

Episode is up, is a good listen >> A few key details I took out for next season: Current pre-season objective Focus on preparation Set a good example for the club, and a good example for the next generation Make himself the best he's ever been in terms of peak fitness, peak skill Ensures he...
  12. Dapper Dog

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Not offering a contract is not = pulling out of the race to sign him He's meeting and touring multiple Sydney clubs, and this tweet is pointing out that we will not be using $$ as part of our sales pitch. I don't know the order AFB is meeting with clubs, but this doesn't give the other clubs a...
  13. Dapper Dog

Official Gus on Twitter

14. Dapper Dog

News Ciraldo interview

Two in one day, I'll skip the repetition TL ; DL Update on Oloapu Had surgery yesterday on his neck - pretty scary for an 18 year old Rallying around him atm, focus on rehabilitation, footy is far from our minds as he gets nursed back to full health On the mass changes 10 signings is big...
  15. Dapper Dog

News Ciraldo interview

On pre-season approach All about working hard, getting systems in place, establishing a winning culture Getting to know new faces and getting them involved in the club On new signings The foundation for the way we want to play is still there But the approach and training has evolving based on...
  16. Dapper Dog

News Ciraldo interview

For those that missed it: Cameron Ciraldo 06.12.23 -> https://www.skyracing.com.au/listen/podcast/sky-sports-Radios-Big-Sports-breakfast
  17. Dapper Dog

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Some betting agency should have a Bulldogs starting 17 guessing competition for Round 1, because I don't think it has ever been less predictable :sweatsmile:
  18. Dapper Dog

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Connor Tracey’s deal with Canterbury is set to be rubber stamped after the Sharks and Bulldogs agreed to swap a rising star. It is understood the Sharks have identified Michael Gabrael as the player they want from Canterbury in order to grant Tracey an immediate release. Gabrael is an outside...
  19. Dapper Dog

Official Canterbury Bulldogs 2024 NRL Draw

At least we have an excuse now if we need one lol
  20. Dapper Dog

Your favourite player out of the new signings?

I was stoked when we got Xerri. Until we see him in action I'm going to believe in the hype and at least know he will be training his balls off. Having said that, I'm more stoked for Crichton if we use him as a centre. If the Xerri hype is real, then we'd have one of the top centre pairings in...
  21. Dapper Dog

Revealed: Who your team will face in round one of the NRL season

The Benji Marshall era at the Wests Tigers won’t begin until the second week of the competition with the back-to-back wooden-spooners set to be handed the bye in the opening round of the NRL season. The NRL is putting the finishing touches on the draw in preparation for a release on Monday. This...
  22. Dapper Dog

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Would all parties be happy with this?
  23. Dapper Dog

I have a highly optimistic feeling we will get him. Plus, if he joined the Warriors on compassionate grounds, they'd look like massive cucks to block this (though all eyes might just be on the dickhead that keeps wanting to change contracts and countries for compassionate reasons :sweatsmile:).
  24. Dapper Dog

Damn, I was hoping they were the bag guys in the situation: wiki: "...before re-signing with St. George Illawarra on a contract to the end of 2016. On 19 January 2015, he was stood down by the club due to disciplinary reasons, before having his contract terminated on 30 June 2015 when he...
  25. Dapper Dog

Superstar prop Addin Fonua-Blake, arguably the No.1 front-rower in the NRL, is set to request an immediate release from the New Zealand Warriors on compassionate grounds. This masthead understands that Fonua-Blake’s representative plans to approach the club on Thursday, requesting that he be...
  26. Dapper Dog

Maybe we do Welsby?

I think he means to say 'have a crack at'
  27. Dapper Dog

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Didn't seen it posted, but we've picked up a young halfback named Kaleb Eaton for our 2024 development training squad Info: - 18 years old - Playing for Cairns Brothers - We signed him last year (had 1 year left on contract) - Was playing Mal Meninga Cup this year, but had a season-ending ankle...
  28. Dapper Dog

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Did a mini dive on SST and watched the Catalans v Saints semi (switching between 1.0x and 3.0x speed) He was definitely very involved throughout his two stints (20 mins, 25 mins), taking a hit-up virtually every attacking set, even if heavily involved in defence the previous set. He ran for...
  29. Dapper Dog

News ‘We had a good chat’: Addo-Carr’s Bulldogs future secured after crisis Gould meeting

In a horrible case of bad timing mixed with terrible behaviour, Josh Addo-Carr has embarrassed Bulldogs club bosses again and wasted the time of the boss of the game, Peter V’landys. Addo-Carr was meant to have a high-level meeting with ARL Commission chairman V’landys just days before he was...
  30. Dapper Dog

Liam Knight?

Couldn't see this posted and couldn't find a better thread. Liam Knight did a podcast episode with Russell Manser (released Oct 9): https://open.spotify.com/episode/4xaynKWs84Lq5RF9XUFUyV It's mostly about mental health, upbringing, and his pre-bulldogs background, which isn't a bad listen by...
  31. Dapper Dog

Goal Kicker Options 2024

Assuming Burton keeps his current GK form, I'd go with him. He kicked at 84.51% this year, which was the second highest in the comp behind Croker, given some minimum number of kicks (I don't remember the cut-off). Very handy having Crichton as a back-up though.
  32. Dapper Dog

News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

Very keen for Xerri's arrival, it couldn't be timed any better In the wake of 'training is too hard', here comes along an athlete who lives, breathes, and eats tough training. Time will tell how much of his 2019 self has been recaptured, but if you buy into the narrative of someone willing to...
  33. Dapper Dog

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

The Dogs are having a party
  34. Dapper Dog

Dogs (2nd) over Roosters (1st) in the deciding GF Very fitting - get fucked as always Roosters!
  35. Dapper Dog

What a conversation from Pupperli'i (nickname pending) Johannssen is really standing out, we should keep him
  36. Dapper Dog

Third times the charm for Mazzone!
  37. Dapper Dog

Great set after points - lets go pups!
  38. Dapper Dog

Gus on 100% Footy

The scuttlebutt section was pretty interesting. Gus didn't want any spotlight or mention (which isn't atypical for him) "How did the Bulldogs get a mention tonight? It's finals time?" He then coyly confirmed Drew Hutchison and Kurt Mann were 99.9% signed (as they can't ever be 100% until the...
  39. Dapper Dog

News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

A boom attacking 22yo centre with immaculate defence, signed to the Bulldogs during a rebuild? Sounds like a good idea (although Jmoz was a year younger and a winger, but still)
  40. Dapper Dog

News Bulldogs chase Tiger

Had good hands in this nice crash play effort
  41. Dapper Dog

I know 0% about this player. These are his 2023 stats: Round Opponent Number Position Mins Played Fantasy Runs (HU) Metres (PCM) Tackle Breaks PTB Speed Offloads Tackle Efficiency Tackles Made Tackles Missed Ineffective Tackles Errors Penalties/ Restarts 4 Broncos 18 Prop 25:00...
  42. Dapper Dog

According to this: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-newcastle-knights-player-departures-nrl-rugby-league-news-shane-flanagan-dom-young/news-story/c2deddf2ebd821adccfcdf30ba2112bf Kurt Mann (Knights - likely) Poasa Faamausili (Dolphins)
  43. Dapper Dog

Official Gus on Twitter

Didn't know which thread to put this in, but since this is basically our social-media thread, here's Bronson Xerri:
  44. Dapper Dog

Fantastic News Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

Devil's advocate, but I think the only news in this is his manager taking it public, likely in the wake of Buzz' comments on Monday... aaaand I don't know if RFM is necessarily 'the rat' he was made out to be. Brace yourselves for a long, investigatively hopefully-non-fictional post. In the...
  45. Dapper Dog

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

Great segment - could have watched that go on for another half hour hahah Nothing new learned, just Buzz repeating the shit he's already written about in his articles and then deflecting all over the joint and trying to steer away from any actual discussion. You'd think Buzz is trying to get...
  46. Dapper Dog

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

I wanna see Jammer give Buzz an earful and sink his teeth into him like its the 2012 grand final
  47. Dapper Dog

Much to love about this team. KO and Papalii are both playing confidently and forming a nice combo. Big fan of O'neill as well.
  48. Dapper Dog

Tevita Pangai Junior | The Bye Round Podcast with James Graham

I jumped to the 'Moving to the Bulldogs' chapter, but there wasn't any real insight into the club: JG: Have you enjoyed being down there at the club? TPJ: Club-wise, I know they're doing it tough at the moment, but we've got a great fanbase, they're very family orientated, and the coach they...
  49. Dapper Dog

Opinion JAC

I've seen this said about him a lot and I don't know if I subscribe to it. He is the type of winger that capitalises on opportunities - and is still one of, if not still the best at capitalising in the comp. Last year the talk on here was that he was busted and past it when we signed him...
  50. Dapper Dog

James Graham Puts Andrew Davey Back In His Place

He does have a role at the club! :) He works on the media side of things though, so he isn't part of the coaching staff. He mentioned on his poddy with Damien Cook last week that he doesn't want to be a coach (at the moment), so we probably won't see it happen... but we need him and his passion...
  51. Dapper Dog

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

woo hoo
  52. Dapper Dog

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  53. Dapper Dog

DO IT NOW GOHAN
  54. Dapper Dog

Honestly. It is painful how winnable this game is. This should be our 'do it now Gohan' moment where we put Titans to the sword and send Avo off with a try and a god damn win.
  55. Dapper Dog

Hayze Perham is what happens when you spam press R2 hoping you will freely sidestep through the defence
  56. Dapper Dog

MORRIN! Absolutely deserved that for his hard effort carries
  57. Dapper Dog

Look, we are dumb. But that's twice we've had a player drop it with 'intention to kick'. Which I would be ok with, but we've been dudded by this 'ruling' in the past. Can anyone here recall it? I remember a clear try by us disallowed when it was ruled the player didn't have the intention to...
  58. Dapper Dog

Finally. A good set end.
  59. Dapper Dog

I think it's just his 'talk' and the way he organises the defence. There is no way it is his positional play, individual defensive reads or one-on-one tackling.
  60. Dapper Dog

Knockonball will not be missed
  61. Dapper Dog

You mean inverse Perham?
  62. Dapper Dog

Can Burton PLEASE learn how to kick in general play. He improved his goal kicking out of sight, so he is more than capable... I just don't know what has happened to his general play kicks.
  63. Dapper Dog

Get fucked Fifita - Wilson the goat
  64. Dapper Dog

It is like we are practicing how to attack without a halfback or five-eighth so that we are prepared for next season when we run 13 utilities onto the field
  65. Dapper Dog

I am in pain watching this game :tearsofjoy:
  66. Dapper Dog

Time to start using Kikau as a decoy and only as a decoy
  67. Dapper Dog

That was iconic hahaha
  68. Dapper Dog

Fuck it, i'm all aboard :tearsofjoy:
  69. Dapper Dog

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

I'll devil's advocate and say Davey isn't even being much of a rat here. We know Buzz is a slimy, red-cheeked drunk who talks about tangential topics with people just to get quotes he can present without context. There is a reason he does articles like this instead of podcasts/audio interviews...
  70. Dapper Dog

Ciraldo said last week the plan was for Perham to defend at Fullback and then swap with Averillo in attack. So what you've pointed out still stands and it isn't like everyone forgot he doesn't complement our attack lol
  71. Dapper Dog

Dogs divide: Training ground punishment becomes a heated and emotional debate

Seems like a creative way for the Telegraph to keep DjDeeping this story tbh
  72. Dapper Dog

I only saw the Reed one in my recommendeds, but a bunch just dropped Kikau Averillo
  73. Dapper Dog

Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

If the details I've heard are true, then it's a lot worse than what even the journos have reported thus far. Supposedly he wasn't forced to perform or endure 20 rounds of wrestling back-to-back against the rest of the team. He was actually forced to endure back-to-back replays of the team's...
  74. Dapper Dog

The Lucky Wins

This thread is so good DjDeep is going to duplicate it
  75. Dapper Dog

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

The context of such a 'text' is what's important, as I know when I'm messaging others in private I'll exaggerate and complain just for the sake of venting, presenting things much worse than they are and how I really feel about them. That being said, if we just take this article at face value...
  76. Dapper Dog

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Gerard Sutton straight up rewarding people for elbowing Dogs players in the face now
  77. Dapper Dog

Sometimes you just have to laugh
  78. Dapper Dog

I'm convinced Burton re-spec'd mid-season and put all his stat points into the goal-kicking attribute at the cost of general kicking; his goal kicking has become top-tier but his general play kicking has fallen off a cliff
  79. Dapper Dog

In case anyone was confused by Fox saying 'Cotric didn't touch it', he did but Sexton touched it first - knock on in-goal
  80. Dapper Dog

Averillo just needed to touch the line before grabbing the ball there
  81. Dapper Dog

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Posted on twitter. Conspiracy that his picture and the #6 are separate photos? :tearsofjoy:
  82. Dapper Dog

2023 Round 24 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Napa looks more in shape than he did when he played for us
  83. Dapper Dog

News The best and worst referee for every NRL club to play under

We could have an endless thread pointing out all the BS we've copped from refs, but one specific thing I've noticed this season is that Reed Mahoney gets shafted most, if not every time he catches the markers not being square. This was the one in our last game against dolphins, where...
  84. Dapper Dog

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Skelton not on extended :( Still, this is a side that can beat the Knights - as hot as their form is right now. It is that time of the season where we start upsetting top 8 teams and their finals dreams... and boy do we have something extra to prove against the knights this time around!
  85. Dapper Dog

Lineup that gives us the best chance to beat Knights in Round 24?

Marzhew is having a shocker and is looking like a prime defensive target. They say Sexton watches every game, so I hope he's watching now and already concocting some devious attacking plays to throw his way
  86. Dapper Dog

Lineup that gives us the best chance to beat Knights in Round 24?

How fucking boring is the bye week lol
  87. Dapper Dog

News Bulldogs poach a weak gutted dog amid club’s signing spree

"Buzz Rothfield has called upon the NRL to investigate the Bulldogs' latest signing after sighting 'pub' in the official announcement URL"
  88. Dapper Dog

Rumour Watson ?

Yep, just adding to this: Watson was off-contract and considering a Super League offer Gus saw this as opportunity to meet with him, as he thinks he is still NRL quality Says he is a lovely bloke with good utility prospects The main rationale for signing him is that he's a professional...
  89. Dapper Dog

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

With the knowledge that Averillo was gone, I think this was a good proactive signing. Is a legitimate back-up half if Burton or Sexton go down (less lead balloon-y than Flanagan), and I think his ceiling is a lot higher than the price we would've signed him on. Haven't seen too much of his...
  90. Dapper Dog

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

WTF is with all these oddities going on in this game. I know we are playing in Bundaberg but it looks like we are playing on Bundaberg.
  91. Dapper Dog

News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Word on the street is it's a very late call and happened when they were putting on jerseys. Apparently he's lost so much mass, the jersey hangs loose on him, and his muscles can't inflate the sponsorship logos enough to be visible so they have to pull him.