Search results

1. GDR

Opinion Moronic player of the year..

Just throwing it out there, because there's no other awards this team is worthy of? I've put the lead contenders (imo), but happy to add other contenders. For me Katoa is the stand out..
  2. GDR

News Thompson ready to add class to Dogs after eventful NRL start

Canterbury prop Luke Thompson is ready to put a difficult start to the 2021 Telstra Premiership season behind him after a successful return from a four-match ban in Saturday's loss to Storm. Thompson was one of a few bright spots for Trent Barrett in the heavy defeat to the defending premiers...
  3. GDR

Opinion Who would you keep of the off Contract 15 (Poll)

Who would you Keep and Why ? If i had to choose only one, it would be Atoni, i feel that he is the right style of Prop for the new rules . he is also most likely to break a game open.. Poll will only allow me to have 10.. I left Britt, Chrichton, Roumanous, Tui Katoa and Harding out of the...
  4. GDR

Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

Bulldogs v Sharks : 6pm (AEDT) Saturday 27/02/2021, at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. Watch live: Kayo, NRL.com, participating club websites. Bulldogs Squad Corey Allan, Renouf Atoni, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Dean Britt, Declan Casey, Nick Cotric, Brad Deitz, Matt Doorey, Adam Elliott, Kyle Flanagan...
  5. GDR

Round 14 team and game day discussion

No. Player Sponsor 1 Nick Meaney Miramax 2 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Canterbury League Club 3 Tim Lafai Daily Press 4 Kerrod Holland Sydney Freezers 5 Marcelo Montoya Remondis 6 Kieran Foran Reliable Food Distributors 7 Jack Cogger Hitachi Cooling & Heating 8 Ofahiki Ogden Hy-Tec...
  6. GDR

News Eels v Bulldogs: Round 1 preview (NRL.COM)

Eels v Bulldogs: Round 1 preview Author Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter Timestamp Sat 7 Mar 2020, 07:01 AM Traditional rivals Parramatta and Canterbury meet in a Bankwest Stadium blockbuster to kick-off the new season. Having risen from last to fifth last season, the Eels have widespread...
  7. GDR

News Canterbury Bulldogs: 2020 NRL season preview NRL.com

Canterbury Bulldogs: 2020 NRL season preview Author Chris Kennedy NRL.com Reporter Timestamp Wed 26 Feb 2020, 08:01 AM Bulldogs fans were bracing themselves for a tough 2019 before round one and it was panning out that way before another late form spike offered a glimmer of hope. But yet...
  8. GDR

Opinion Alternative Rock/ Punk / Grunge

Growing up this genre was probably my favourite (gansta rap a close second).. mainly refering to the 90's, what were your favs?? these are some of mine: Offspring (died after americana), Greenday (died after nimrod), Soundgarden, Rage against the machine, Alice in chains, Tool, Metillica...
  9. GDR

News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

Authorbulldogs.com.au TimestampWed 22 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will enter the 2020 season, after claiming seven victories from their final 10 matches in 2019, with a squad itching to get on the field for round one. The average age of the Bulldogs squad going...
  10. GDR

News Stat to Fix: Bulldogs need to stop metres rot: Author Troy Whittaker

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/11/stat-to-fix-bulldogs-need-to-stop-metres-rot/ Canterbury showed grit during a late resugurance last season and they'll need to add more defensive starch to compete with the heavyweights in 2020. Despite rising from the cellar to finish 12th, the Bulldogs...
  11. M

Official Round 19 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Round 19 - Sun 28th July 2PM Telecast: Foxtel / Kayo / NRL Live Pass / No FTA Coverage or Streaming. Game Link: https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-19/bulldogs-v-roosters/ BULLDOGS TEAM (UPDATED: Saturday 3PM) 1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Nick Meaney 3. Kerrod Holland >...
  12. GDR

Opinion Contracted players for 2020 that need to be tapped on the shoulder at the end of this season.

I would like the club to give certain players the "ricky stuart" and tell them they are not part of the future plans and encourage them to try and find a new contract.. even though they are contracted for 2020. My list is: Hopoate - need him gone ASAP and may attract some interest Montoya -...
  13. GDR

Opinion The Back Row

I know coming into the season we thought our back row was our best asset.. However after looking at the missed tackles top 50, it was alarming to see all of our current backrowers in the top 50.. CWH 39 from 8 games A Elliott 27 from 9 games Josh Jackson 25 from 9 Games Rhyse Martin 22 from 6...
  14. GDR

News Bulldogs earn praise after ditching spoiling tactics

Bulldogs earn praise after ditching spoiling tactics Author Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter Timestamp Mon 29 Apr 2019, 06:59 PM Share on social media NRL head of football Graham Annesley has praised Canterbury for their transformation from the worst offenders at trying to slow the...
  15. GDR

Meaney

Nick Injected himself into the game early in the second half and really contributed to the victory. Has been fantastic at the back under the high ball and great in defence. I just wish he would get more involved because he has a great impact on our attack.. And yes i know hes young and still...
  16. GDR

News Quiet achiever Tolman closing in on 250 milestone

Quiet achiever Tolman closing in on 250 milestone Author Margie McDonald Senior Reporter Timestamp Mon 22 Apr 2019, 08:01 PM https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/22/quiet-achiever-tolman-closing-in-on-250-milestone/ Aiden Tolman will be lucky to make it to his 250th NRL game if he keeps...
  17. GDR

News Bulldogs Wont Be Wooden Spoon Winners (The Roar Article)

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/04/22/the-bulldogs-wont-be-wooden-spoon-winners/ The Bulldogs won't be wooden spoon winners I tell you what, at this point in this season I would prefer to support the Canterbury Bulldogs than the Newcastle Knights or Penrith Panthers. One of these teams is...
  18. GDR

Talkin Sport 3 Clubs being investigated for large salary cap Breaches

Apparently if the clubs cannot clear their names they may start the season on minus points?
  19. GDR

Official Development players

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/11/13/the-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-confirm-the-clubs-development-players-for-2019/ The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs confirm the club's development players for 2019 The Bulldogs are pleased to announce Tui Katoa, Morgan Harper, James Roumanos and...
  20. GDR

Non-binding?

Does anyone else think this non-binding stuff is a bit sus? Would Des and his management be really that dumb enough to fall for this ? Or is this the boards way of saving face and making out like no great loss, even though a large undisclosed settlement may still take place...
  21. GDR

Brenko Lee

Has really impressed me early in his bulldogs career .. I know some have concerns about his defence , but that sort of thing can be taught.. but as for his skill and footwork that's all natural and is near impossible to teach.. will only get better in my opinion.
  22. GDR

RIP Kimbo Slice

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/mma-fighter-kimbo-slice-hospitalised-in-dire-situation/news-story/68b77401588fb869a051a160f0e8798f MMA fighter Kimbo Slice has died in Florida hospital, according to his team June 7, 20161:57pm Kimbo Slice in his last fight for Bellator MMA against Dhafir...
  23. GDR

Canterbury Bulldogs and South Sydney Rabbitohs rivalry now biggest in NRL

The Parramatta Eels have long been Canterbury's main rivals, while South Sydney and the Roosters have shared a common disdain that dates back more than a century. But over the past 10 years, as the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs have evolved into Sydney's super clubs, a new modern-day rivalry has been...
  24. GDR

Pritchard's selfless decision to leave Bulldogs

Veteran Bulldogs back-rower Frank Pritchard would've hated to see the club's large of crop of young talent depart Belmore, thus why he made the decision to head overseas with a year left on his contract to link up with Hull FC. A selfless decision, Pritchard said signing a two-year deal to...
  25. GDR

How important are our starts are this season ..

After looking at the stats I can tell you that out of our 9 wins this season the dogs have scored the first try in 8 of those wins. On the other hand when conceding the first try we have won only one game .. Further to that we have lost 3 games when scoring the first try. It appears if we...
  26. GDR

Hasler realistic about Klemmer's progress

Bullocking Bulldogs prop David Klemmer may have grabbed the limelight in this year's State of Origin series, but his club coach Des Hasler insists there is still plenty of improvement left in the 21-year-old. Klemmer was the breakout star of this year's State of Origin series, rubbing many...
  27. GDR

Lichaa upset to lose Hodkinson

http://www.nrl.com/lichaa-upset-to-lose-hodkinson/tabid/10874/newsid/87865/default.aspx In the days following the announcement that Bulldogs and NSW halfback Trent Hodkinson had signed a rich three-year deal with the Newcastle Knights for 2016, young gun hooker Michael Lichaa has expressed his...
  28. GDR

Moses Mbye looms as critical player as Des Hasler moves with the times at Canterbury

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/moses-mbye-looms-as-critical-player-as-des-hasler-moves-with-the-times-at-canterbury/story-e6frf3pu-1227389615283
  29. GDR

Des hasler on talking sport 2sm in 15min

Dessies will be on talkin sport 2sm 1269 at 4:15pm today
  30. GDR

Is this the real reason why our season has imploded?

I fouund this in daily telecraps sports confidential...... Still at Belmore and there have been all sorts of theories about the team’s form slump. Yes, a selected number of senior players are mystified that skipper Mick Ennis was not re-signed. But according to Bulldogs insiders, the most...
  31. GDR

Dessie at warratahs game?

Dessie was spoted at the tahs game hopefully trying to persuade izzy to come to the dogs. Channel 9...
  32. GDR

Are grubbers banned?

I just want to know why our only two fifth tackle options are the out the back 3rd man plays and cross field kicks.. surely a grubber was a great option in last night's conditions, so why did manly know that but our halves didn't? Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk