Search results

1. Raikkonen

How Clueless is Fox league?

Story published today predicting every side's best 17 for '24, has both RFM and Topine in Dog's best 17...
  2. Raikkonen

Sexton

Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton Sexton...
  3. Raikkonen

News Inside the round-the-clock recovery that has Addo-Carr on brink of Blues history

Inside the round-the-clock recovery that has Addo-Carr on brink of Blues history ByDan Walsh May 30, 2023 — 5.00am Save Josh Addo-Carr is one four-pointer away from equalling the Blues all-time try-scoring record thanks to a six-month booze ban and six weeks of falling asleep with ice packs...
  4. Raikkonen

Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

Showed some spark around the ruck around tired forwards.
  5. Raikkonen

Josh Reynolds is 3rd in the Comp for penalties Conceded in '23

Bloke probably hasn't played a total of 80 minutes combined across the season :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
  6. Raikkonen

Rd 12 vs Titans 3-2-1

Hard to chose 3. TPJ 2. Preston 1. Morrin Special mentions to Burton, Edwards, Mahoney, Kiraz, Avo
  7. Raikkonen

Official Ciraldo Mid Week Press R5

All but confirmed Reynolds to play in the middle :neutral:. TPJ 2 weeks away.
  8. Raikkonen

Opinion Karl Oloapu

A large grain of salt is required here..... https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-transfer-whispers-signings-contracts-brisbane-broncos-karl-oloapu-dolphins-wayne-bennett-warriors-super-league-leeds-david-fusitua/news-story/a274cb72b69cd804ddf814b97aa33cf5 Broncos young gun...
  9. Raikkonen

What's happening with Topine?

Been playing well, seems to be well liked by the squad, but isn't getting a look-in in first grade and is without a contract, as far as i'm aware.
  10. Raikkonen

Press Conference: Round 11 vs Knights

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/07/26/round-11-press-conference/ Can't help but like the guy
  11. Raikkonen

Whoever operates the Dogs' Twitter account needs to stop the cringe posting

https://twitter.com/takethetwoo/status/1277204802095570944/photo/1 https://twitter.com/takethetwoo/status/1279662928266813440/photo/1
  12. Raikkonen

LOL at blaming Brisbane's roster on their losses

A number of journo's and commentators have been blaming Brisbane's poor record on their roster. I don't need to point out how ridiculous this argument is.
  13. Raikkonen

For the umpteenth time, Jackson must move to 13, permanently.

Why this isn't obvious to Pay is beyond me.
  14. Raikkonen

Rd 10 vs Titans 3-2-1

3. Foran 2. Cogger 1. Okunbor
  15. Raikkonen

Bravedog

How did this bloke get a gig running the team out of the tunnel today? Don't get me wrong, I can't knock his enthusiasm.
  16. Raikkonen

Frawley a Bad Defender, Still Offers Way More than JMK

Frawley is a bad defender. He must improve this to become an elite half. Regardless, he offers infinitely more net value than JMK in the halves.
  17. Raikkonen

Mbye Hybrid 1/7 Role Isn't the Answer

Mbye's being coached to play a hybrid fullback/half role, with kicking duties. In my opinion, this is detrimental to the team, and the development of Mbye as a real fullback. His kicking duties are not limited to clearance kicks (where he likely has a stronger boot than JMK or Frawley) - he is...
  18. Raikkonen

Jackson is the answer @ 13

Many in here have been praying for Jackson to be moved to 13. Last night, along with Origin, shows he’s a much better lock than edge forward.
  19. Raikkonen

Lichaa = Biggest Issue in Attack

Lichaa's slow service, particularly within the opposition ten metre zone, stifles attacking plays. He needs to learn to spass from the ground properly.
  20. Raikkonen

Jackson to Lock Pls

Jackson is wasted on the edge. Our clumsily executed attacking structures means he gets rubbish ball. Moreover, he doesn’t really have the footwork all ball playing skills of your RFM’s or Fine’s. IMO, the team would be a better one with him at 13, playing a more traditional lock role. Jackson...
  21. Raikkonen

3-2-1 vs Roosters

3. Brett & Josh Morris 2. Woods 1. RFM Negative points -3. Lichaa -2. Elliot -1. Mbye (horrible kicking options) Foran MIA, JMK takes 9/10 wrong options in attack.
  22. Raikkonen

Jackson mega thread

I think Jackson would serve best at 13. Maybe Fine to edge. Problem is we aren't swimming in edge back rowers.
  23. Raikkonen

Nostalgia

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  24. Raikkonen

Worst Ever Bench Management? Hasler

I could write a thesis on all the perplexing bench mismanagement from Des in recent year. However, Round 10 2017 would need its own chapter. Somehow, Des reached new heights of ridiculousness by having a winger on the bench...AND not playing him. Is he actually a satirist?
  25. Raikkonen

Props Aren't 1st & 2nd Receivers

Despite all the preseason talk around improved attacking structures, today I saw more props as 1st, 2nd, & 3rd receivers than ever. Peak Des ball. Tolman, Eastwood, Klemmer, and even Graham aren't halves, and shouldn't have to play like halves. By the time our actual halves receive ball from a...
  26. Raikkonen

Graham Injured

I'm not sure whether this has already been posted, but according to NRL.com Graham has been sidelined with a knee injury. It doesn't mention how severe the injury is.
  27. Raikkonen

Corey Parker Prove's He's NRL's Biggest Hypocrite/Whinger

"History", as written by Parker. Not sure where to start with this. He needs new friends if someone's telling him his writing is worth publishing. It was game two of the 2015 State of Origin series in Melbourne at the MCG and I’d had a gutful of David Klemmer, the big, baldheaded New South...
  28. Raikkonen

Moto GP

Anyone watching tonight? Amazing how close this year is. Rossi is proving that he's an alien by remaining competitive with all the young riders
  29. Raikkonen

Hunt & Milford to Test Market

Hunt and Milford plan to test the market from November, as their contracts expire at their end of 2017. I'd be interested to know whether Hasler will be showing any interest. Hunt would make a good 7 partner to Mbye at 6. I doubt we could afford Milford. Neither player would agree to coming...
  30. Raikkonen

Your Best Team - Any Dogs 2012-16

As the title suggests, choose your best 1-17 from Dog players we've had 2012-16. Also, disregard Hasler and his influence on the team/style/bench rotation. Chose the coach you want, and mention the style you want them to play.
  31. Raikkonen

Sterlo Post Match

Essentially said we are in trouble, and probably can't turn the corner for the finals. Mentioned all our recent tries have come from luck and opposition mistakes, rather than our structure. Claimed that we don't look like we can create enough to compete. Sadly, I agreed with all his points...
  32. Raikkonen

Any Hope Lies With Kasiano

Title says it all. And hope of progressing in the finals rests on Kasiano pulling points out of his pooper
  33. Raikkonen

Mitch Rein

Mary has confirmed Rein won't be re-signed next year, but I haven't seen any suggestions on where he could end up. Any clues?
  34. Raikkonen

Is This Lichaa's Issue?

I've noticed a lot of 5th tackle passes have found their way to Hoppa instead of Mbye. It looks like Fox also gets them mixed up (see caption)
  35. Raikkonen

Voss on Dogs Attack

"The Bulldogs’ attack remains questionable inside their opponent’s 20. We need to see more from Moses Mbye." "So many ‘nothing’ hit ups must be incredibly frustrating for Bulldogs fans to watch. They must improve in this area or lose their top four spot." This area hasn't changed in 4 years...
  36. Raikkonen

Bennet Showed Everyone How to Beat Dogs

A number of Broncos players mentioned their plan heading into last night's match was to keep the ball in play as much as possible, move the ball around, and tire us out. Bennet's provided every coach with the blueprint of how to wear us down.
  37. Raikkonen

Bench Rotation

Yet again we saw a Bulldogs team that was clearly tired, with a fresh player on the bench in RFM who didn't see one minute of game time. What's the point of having four second rowers on the bench, particularly when Jackson always plays 80? Put Eastwood back in the middle where he belongs.
  38. Raikkonen

Defence

There's a lot I dislike about the way Des has this team playing, which puts the team under more pressure than it needs to be. However, when under pressure tonight, our defence was exceptional.
  39. Raikkonen

Round 22 Replacement 5/8

With Reynolds likely to be suspended, who plays 5/8? Does Hoppa have a long range kicking game? Seriously...
  40. Raikkonen

Press Conference

Did anyone else see the presser? Looked like Des spent the game in a ditch.
  41. Raikkonen

Great Coaching by Des

I loved tonight's tactic of pretending to be a NSW Cup team to put us under the radar. Can't wait for next game.
  42. Raikkonen

Round 17 Non-Bulldogs Discussion

The Storm look awesome tonight. Such a well drilled team.
  43. Raikkonen

Fualalo > Browne

I like Danny's running style. He really runs with intent. Thoughts on Danny or Browne?
  44. Raikkonen

BMoz to #1, Hoppa to #3 this round - DT

According to the Daily Telecrap's early mail, BMoz will play fullback, and Hoppa to the centres this weekend. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/nrl-early-mail-round-16-all-the-latest-team-news-ahead-of-tuesdays-team-announcements/news-story/695357973a7d6c43287b0e7901805b75
  45. Raikkonen

Best Current NRL Prop

I've kept the poll limited to who I think most people would consider serious contenders. There's still a few inclusions that people will no doubt laugh at. There are several "lock" middle runners who could probably count, but I've left them out. Wasn't enough room to include Nate Myles, but I...
  46. Raikkonen

Darius "Lockyer" Boyd

Let me pre-face this by saying that I think Darius' form this year has been very good. However, Bennet's perpetual adoration of the guy has become laughable when after he suggested Darius reached Darren Locker levels. Darius is playing well in a very talented and well coached team. But, IMO...
  47. Raikkonen

Inside Balls (Or lack thereof)

Am I the only one who has noticed the lack of inside passing in the Dogs game? The only inside passes I see come when Reynolds runs across our backline, which is more a consequential thing than a planned move. I'd like to see some of our forwards given more short inside balls, turning the...
  48. Raikkonen

Featured on Social Media

Just wondering what it means when a post of mean is given the rating 'featured on social media'?
  49. Raikkonen

Left vs Right

No, this isn't a political debate. I'm referring to our back-line attacking structures of Reynolds-Jackson-Holland-Perret/Phillips, vs Mbye, Eastwood/Williams, Morris, and Rona. So far this season, the right side is clicking much better than the left. It was the other way around last year...
  50. Raikkonen

Holland Goal Kicking

Holland just might be a must for our season. His kicking today was superb. We won by one try today, and the Roosters had a couple disallowed. I'm sure his kicking will be the difference n a game or two
  51. Raikkonen

Structural Flaws Remain

I hate to sound like a broken record, but when will flat forwards passing to flat forwards barely walking be deemed ineffective by Hasler?
  52. Raikkonen

Any Coach at Belmore - Choose One

As the title suggests, if you could have any coach at the helm, who would you choose?
  53. Raikkonen

Best Kicking Game in NRL?

Who, in your opinion, has the best kicking game in the comp? IMO it's clear, Adam Reynolds. I'd literally sacrifice a testical if it meant one of our halves had his kicking game.
  54. Raikkonen

What's Wrong With Josh Jackson?

What's actually wrong with this guy? Is he actually a robot? He can't be human? I can't remember any noteworthy injuries that have kept him on the sidelines, and he seems to have infinite energy reserves.
  55. Raikkonen

Your NSW Side

Just threw this together, without too much thought. Cartwright should be in the side somewhere for his utility value at least. 1. Dugan 2. Ferguson 3. Jennings 4. James Roberts 5. Mansour 6. Maloney 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tamou 9. Peats 10. Gallen 11. Cordner 12. Jackson 13. Bryce...
  56. Raikkonen

Video: Fitler on Dogs Halves (Pre-Parra Game)

How long does the obvious need to be pointed out for Des to change? http://www.sportsfan.com.au/dogs-halves-must-take-the-game-on-freddy/tabid/91/newsid/196351/default.aspx?cid=%20SF_LOWDOWN_NRL_article_dogshalvesmusttakethegameonfreddy_290416
  57. Raikkonen

Kasiano Minimal Minutes

Anyone else confused as to why Des has opted to give Kasiano such little game time the past two weeks? If it weren't for golden point against the titans, he could have been in for enough 5 minute, or zero minute, second half. It was frustrating against the Warriors, particularly when we were...
  58. Raikkonen

Frank Pritchard SOS

Frankie, we need you. Come back, ignore Des' game "plan" and structures, and play your own game. I'll start a crowd funding program now, which will see you paid handsomely after you retire, so as to avoid the salary cap.
  59. Raikkonen

Curtis Rona on James Graham's Nickname

In relation to team nick names, Rona said: "I reckon 'Bupa' (James Graham) would have to be up there. I know it comes from the insurance ad but I'm not sure how it applies to him. I've always thought it was because he had maybe two sides to him or that he talks to himself."...
  60. Raikkonen

Video: Adam Elliot on his Debut

This guy's attitude is very refreshing. Not afraid to show how much his opportunity means to him. http://www.bulldogs.com.au/content/bulldogs/club/news/2016/03/07/elliott_out_to_turn_.html
  61. Raikkonen

Cheap Bulldogs Jersey

Hi all, There's a cheap Dogs' jersey going online, if anyone's interested: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322018576155?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  62. Raikkonen

2016 NSW Halves

With Pearce likely to be excluded from selection, who will, or should, be the new halves pairing?
  63. Raikkonen

Roll Call

I'm about to board a plane from Melbourne to Sydney to see some dragons get slayed. Last game I attempted to attend was vs Souths, when three consecutive flight cancellations resulted in me landing in Sydney at full time. Who else will be seeing dragon blood strewn across Homebush? Section...
  64. Raikkonen

2016 Hooker

I'm usually not one to delve into hypotheticals like this, but I can't help but wonder, what happens next year if Cook continues the same form for our remaining games this year - particularly if we do well in the finals. Lichaa has been good this year, particularly in defence, and he's still...
  65. Raikkonen

BMoz or Rona - Who was the better buy?

They've both been exceptional buys, and have both performed very well this year. With Bmoz, we got tried and tested speedster, who can also provide leadership. With Rona, we got a surprise packet born try scorer, on less coin, and the potential for a long-term future star.
  66. Raikkonen

Ladder Watch: Run to the finals

The Storm, Sharks, and Rabbits all have tough games coming up. If we win each of our remaining games, we should make the top four. There's hope...
  67. Raikkonen

Tickets for members to Souths game?

Good evening fellow 'Dogs, I was wondering what I need to do to secure a seat to the Souths game? I'm a member, but being a Souths home game, I believe I still get a guaranteed seat, on Level 4? What I'm wondering is, whether I need to pre-organise this, or if i can simply rock-up.
  68. Raikkonen

Bulldogs vs Dragons Match Discussion

Not long to go now. I had a much loved pet pass away in the early hours of this morning, so I really need a 'Dogs win today. Dogs by 4.
  69. Raikkonen

If we beat the Dragons we're in the top 8

It might be depressing sweating over a top 8 position, but I think it would be a good result for us given our season so far. You would have to think we would improve our winning ratio during the second phase of the season.
  70. Raikkonen

Our Attack

This is the first game that I've been excited about our attack since we beat Storm, round 4, 2014. Straight and fast running to the line from our halves, and lichaa. Inside and outside balls at the line, into gaps. Some more depth, and Lichaa had more support when he ran the ball. It wasn't...
  71. Raikkonen

Caption this Pic

72. Raikkonen

Bulldogs vs. Sea Eagles Match Thread

Not the game I'm most looking forward to this year, but a Dogs game none the less. I'm wondering whether the delayed time slot will just delay my misery tonight. I wasn't looking forward to last years game during Origin either, and that turned out quite well.
  73. Raikkonen

Bulldogs Mastermind Secret Ploy to Seize 2015 Premiership

Edward Snowdon, former NSA contractor turned whistleblower, has just exposed his biggest secret yet. According to documents released today by Snowden, the drama that unfolded during the Good Friday NRL match between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and South-Sydney Rabbitohs, and the...
  74. Raikkonen

Your Team Vs Dragons

So, no Graham, Klemmer, Bmoz, Kasiano or Lafai. Have I left anyone out? I'm guessing Tolman will lead the boys out. Should Pritchard move to the front-row to provide some experience? Or Eastwood to front-row, Pritchard to Lock? 1. Perret 2. Rona 3. JMoz 4. MBye 5. Thompson 6. Reynolds 7...
  75. Raikkonen

You have got to give them credit

I flew up from Melbourne for this game, and took work off for it. I met my old man who traveled From Bathurst. We stood in the rain all game, and made some new mates in Bulldogs supporters. I was expecting a good game, and we got it. I wasn't expecting all the crazy evens that transpired, but...
  76. Raikkonen

James Graham Copping Head

Apologies for the title - I couldn't help myself. On a more serious note, is it just me or has King James been copping numerous high shots? Last year as well. He likes to lean into the defence with his carries, but the number of arms to the head he gets is frustrating to watch. Half the...
  77. Raikkonen

Cheap Bulldogs Jersey

Hey dogs, For those who are interested, there’s a cheap jersey going on ebay. Ends Wednesday night. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canterbury-Bankstown-Bulldogs-Home-Jersey-Size-S-/321666484645?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4ae4d109a5
  78. Raikkonen

Plays you would like introduced/improved for 2015

For me: A genuine attacking bomb More set backline plays, set deeper. Set plays aiming to put Thompson into gaps/space More generally: Halves need to work on passing and kicking games. More drawing an passing, and passing at the line when the ball is spread out wide. Backs need to...
  79. Raikkonen

Well done Bulldogs supporters

Souths deserve their moment, and congratulations to them. However, despite the week dedicated to glorifying Souths, and despite the tumultuous year the Bulldogs have had, Dogs fans turned out in droves for the grand final. I was so impressed to see one end of the stadium filled exclusively...
  80. Raikkonen

Bars in or around ANZ playing F1 on Sunday?

The Japanese F1 will be on from 4.30pm on Sunday. Is anyone aware of any bars in or around the stadium that might show the F1?
  81. Raikkonen

Sunday Crowd Share: dogs vs Souths

Which team will have the greater share of the crowd on Sunday? Dogs supporters, or Souths supporters? Both teams have a huge following. A few factors that may influence the turn out of the respective teams: Souths fans knew one day earlier that they would be in the GF; But fewer Souths' fan...
  82. Raikkonen

What to do before the GF?

Kennelers, I am reaching double rainbow levels of excitement for attending the GF on Sunday. Just wondering, is there anything I can do in Sydney before the game to really get me even harder, like a diamond? My flight arrives at around 11am.
  83. Raikkonen

What's Your Grand Final Pilgrimage?

I though it would be interesting to share our plans for grand final day, to help the time go by. For me, i'm travelling solo from Melbourne, and attending the game solo. My girlfriend couldn't get off work, and it was too late to get mates on board. It's costing me a small fortune for a...
  84. Raikkonen

Minichiello 2014: Selfish in his twilight or deserved lap of honour

I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on Minichello, his decision to stay on for another year for 2014, and his form. He still shows glimpses of the form that made him one of the games top fullbacks in his day, but I'm sure most would agree he is becoming error prone and is often driven...
  85. Raikkonen

English Super League: Can I watch it online?

Is anyone privy to how one could go about watching ESL online? Do they have an online streaming service live the NRL Digital Pass?
  86. Raikkonen

Dogs vs. Penrith Line-up

So it looks highly likely that Jackson will miss at least 1 week. If so, what changes will be made? Do you think Pritchard is ready for a starting spot in the second row? Lloyd Perret was due to be available for this game, and there's a chance Tim Browne might be available.
  87. Raikkonen

Fyi

Hello my beloved kennelers, Just thought you may, or may not, be interested to know of an event that transpired this evening with my girlfriend. We were enjoying a couple of beverages, one thing lead to another, and we started getting a bit frisky. I was wearing my bulldogs jersey at the...
  88. Raikkonen

Josh Jackson SMH Article

Before joining Canterbury in 2010, Josh Jackson had never been selected in any representative team of note, but the 23-year-old second-rower is now considered an integral part of NSW coach Laurie Daley's long-term Origin planning. Chosen as 18th man in the opening game of this year's triumphant...
  89. Raikkonen

Was This Bulldogs' Best Set of Six for 2014?

Loved it. Opportunistic run by Thompson to get us to the 40, Kasiano making about 30 metres, and then Ennis slots a beauty. More please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1gX6bHkCY On a side note, Ennis' attempts to milk marker penalties never work, and often cruel go forward (excluding...
  90. Raikkonen

Week 1 Final Team Announcement

Thank fark Klemmer is okay.....or is he? Plenty of cover named... 1. Sam Perrett, 2. Corey Thompson, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Mitch Brown, 6. Josh Reynolds, 7. Trent Hodkinson, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Michael Ennis ©, 10. James Graham, 11. Josh Jackson, 12. Tony Williams, 13. Greg...
  91. Raikkonen

Game Day Thread (NO SPOILERS)

No spoilers please. I hope this is cool mods.
  92. Raikkonen

3pm or 4pm Broadcast on NRL Digital Pass?

Do any of you legends know what time the NRL Digital Pass broadcast will start today? 3pm or 4pm?
  93. Raikkonen

Is post-try emotion uncool these days?

I've noticed a lot of young backs these days seem to do all in their power to prevent themselves cracking a smile after scoring a try. Players like RTS, Tupou, Milford etc. Is it that un-cool to be happy about scoring an NRL try these days?
  94. Raikkonen

Dogs total metres, hit-ups

Today I noticed that Games Graham has made the most hit-ups in the NRL so far this year. Here’s the Dogs top 5 forwards in terms of metres so far in 2014: 1. James Graham – metres: 3263; hit-ups: 329; all runs: 388 2. Dale Finucane – metres: 2398; hit-ups: 232; all runs 271 3. Aiden Tolman...
  95. Raikkonen

Any insomniacs or bad sleepers out there?

How do you mitigate the issue or get by? I've tried just about everything possible, from techniques that are a product of rigorous scientific study, and other based on herbal treatments. The only thing that gets me too sleep in a reasonable space of time is having multiple drinks, which...
  96. Raikkonen

Why are you a Bulldogs Supporter?

...other than the obvious, that it is the greatest sporting club ever to be conceived. Does it relate to where you live(d), your family, your background, did you just like the colours? Why? For me, I grew up in central west NSW, so it's nothing to do with where I lived (although studies...
  97. Raikkonen

Is Trent Hodkinson the Long-Term Answer?

I was hesitant to create this thread, as I don't want to cause any animosity at this end of the season. But then I though, it's only a forum! I’m interested to gauge The Kennel’s opinions on Trent Hodkinson as our halfback moving forward. It’s clear that Trent has improved markedly in 2014. I...
  98. Raikkonen

Round 23 Crowd Attendance

As I live in Melbourne, I don't get many chances to attend Bulldogs games. About a month or so ago I bought tickets and flights so I can fly up and meet old man to see Dogs Vs Eels this Friday. I chose this game as both teams have a large supporter base, the Bulldogs were doing well, and the...