Search results

1. S

2 Grand Finals in 3 years

Does hasler's phone number at Belmore: 10 10 10 ( won nothing, won nothing won nothing).
  2. S

How many years can Des Hasler survive as our coach without winning a title?

At least their future is bright. I hate Giddley and Tyrone Roberts and the rest of them but they have pathways and structure to develop Jnr talents which is what every club needs and Bennett gave them that.
  3. S

What should be expected is a solid team with solid results. A full back perhaps? There I said it. Im living O/s and everytime I log on The Dogs are going backwards. Bennetts is leaving the Knights after not getting the money he thought he was on ( who can blame him) but he has revolutionized...
  4. S

People dump crap on Bennet but he has turned the Newcastle club around in his years there, think im kidding look at their lower grades now and look at them before bennett. Sure first grade is struggling but he didnt sign most if any first graders. He has put systems in place that will see...
  5. S

Andrew Johns on our halves

Brisbane won a comp with Shane Perry at half back so anytihing really is possible.
  6. S

Bulldogs vs manly nrl.com preview

Manly Missing DCE Glenn Stewart and Watmough. Three big names but still look better on paper than the dogz. I think the bookies have this one right with the Dogs at $3.50
  7. S

Hiku to Belmore.

I was forced to watch some of manlys games last year and hiku will end up a half back.
  8. S

Recruitment

A jump to the left and a step to the right would have been better than what the halves did last nyt. lol.
  9. S

Different year , same shit.

My flat mate (manly tragic) reckons that the players at manly used to come up with the plays and often laugh at some of des suggestions and refuse to do them.
  10. S

Hodko v Holdsworth next week!

next game may not be a game of two halves.
  11. S

Recruitment

Des is supposed to be so hardworking and have a great understanding of the game but recuirtment seems to fail him, esp now if the game gets quicker and there is a team full of massive forwards.
  12. S

Where will we finish in 2014?

8th at best, there are some truely crap teams this year and that should see the dogs into 8th, def not top 4.
  13. S

Sack hasler

Having the inside of his nose rebuilt after too much EBC.
  14. S

Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

Tony Tree Rex Williams.
  15. S

Broncos dessie bid

Mext minute the board will come out and say they have total faith in Des.
  16. S

Broncos dessie bid

Read between the lines: Des is open to offers from other clubs and is willing to leave mid contract. Why this article now? Gee there is only how many coaching jobs out there at the moment? With the bb situation and leaving Inu out and the poor attitude the dogs showed against newc it would...
  17. S

Bulldogs still in chase for Will Hopoate to replace Ben Barba

Tax of 100k per year on that extra equals 200k in his pocket, the first year he is getting paid to get his condition and skills back and no pressure to win, 2nd year is basically a job interview for his next contract. Smart guy is Will.
  18. S

Bulldogs still in chase for Will Hopoate to replace Ben Barba

Why take a pay cut of at least $200,000 per year over two years to fit into another team? He will still have 10 good years after his eels payday to win another premiership. No way he will not stay at parra.
  19. S

What was the worst decision the club has made in the last 10 years?

Hard to go past JT. But there has been a few.
  20. S

Will the Refs Kill the Game?

It's a collision sport with lots of interpretation calls like forward passes head highs etc. lots of leyway can be applied and unless u want it to turn into nfl with flags on every play and games going for 3 hours because of stoppages. We really need to accept the close calls and get on with the...
  21. S

Gotta feel sorry for toovey

How JT is not fined is beyond me. Tooveys fine was really not worth a fine where JT should have been.
  22. S

what made u support da doggies?

I grew up in Coffs Harbour and when we would visit Grandad in Sydney he had all these pics of Newtown Jets who he played for and as they were no longer in the 1st grade I thought it was the bulldogs as I was only about 6 I just liked blue.
  23. S

Theories for this performance.

To move on (auto correct)
  24. S

Theories for this performance.

Totally agree. He needs toove on as he is now too old to change his mindset. I believe last year was a flash in the pan due to BB playing so well and when it went to his head the flash was gone. Sell trex and Ennis and get a marquee player, even pay overs to get him.
  25. S

Sack hasler

All the off field dramas were alowed to hurt the season. When hasler was at Manly he used all the dramas to strengthen the team and get success. This year all he has been doing is straightening deck chairs. It's the coaches job to be a man manager like Bennett is. There has been no team cohesion...
  26. S

Sack hasler

He has to be held to account. Sack him and get Stephen Kearney.
  27. S

DISCUSSION THREAD |Finals Week 1 | Bulldogs v Kniights

Thing is des wont change anything next year. Dogs will continue to suck.
  28. S

DISCUSSION THREAD |Finals Week 1 | Bulldogs v Kniights

Des really has to go and he can take Ennis with him. Shit game plan and stupid fukwit captain.
  29. S

POLL: What makes the Roosters so good?

Squeezing all those forwards into the "cap" is the main reason. Getting O'Donnell just before the season started did it for me.
  30. S

Bulldogs $1mil play for Hayne

Whatever happened to breeding players and not buying them? May as well be called sydney bulldogs. If players want to sign to dogs from other clubs they should play on the cheap.
  31. S

Ben Barba the Canterbury Bulldogs' finals X-Man

Barba will not be an X factor in the finals. Nothing I have seen this year says that he will be, unless he is on an epic bender weekend again.
  32. S

Souths V Storm

Big empty stadium last night. I thought souths had over 20K members? Why do nrl want souths to win if they can't pull a crowd for a home town final. At least storm will get more than 20100 fans to their final next week.
  33. S

By the numbers: Canterbury Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights

Knights are sure to be up for this game and bennet will have a good game plan too. Any one can win this one.
  34. S

Anthony watts banned for 8 weeks for penis bite

He just got done driving without a license. This to go with his brawl at Cooly rocks on.
  35. S

Who will win the Comp??

Sharks will win then be going guilty of cheating with drugs the Monday after and have their title stripped.
  36. S

Ricky Stuart signs 3 year deal with Raiders

He is one of the smartest football people around. Performs worse with every new contract, gets paid more each time. How he continues to do that is truly amazing. I wish I could do that in my employment.
  37. S

Under des we trust

I knew someone on here would be able understand that.
  38. S

Rebecca Wilson weighs in on alledged "cover-up"

Big article by bourbon beccy but why did she forget to say that violence against women is wrong. Regardless if barba is guilty or not. Nice headline grabbing article that does nothing to discourage violence on women.
  39. S

Under des we trust

Trex is playing like he is desabled.
  40. S

Raiders Sack Ferguson

Blake ferguson sacked. So he is officially sacked by Raiders. How long till he meets with Des? Would have to be cheaper than stealing Hayne or Hoppa from Parra.
  41. S

Des hasler

I agree with the OP. Bennett would have not let a player live barba go off the rails. He would not and never has had team disharmony. Des is too single minded to see the big picture. Sure he maybe is better then dymick but he is not the messiah. Melb don't have these off field issues because...
  42. S

Just curious..... Was a Barba cheered or Jeered by crowd last night?

He didn't like the stray elbow. He copped from Parker. I was cheering that.
  43. S

What,s in store for 2014???

Hodgkinson is not a premiership winning half IMO. I expect the ruck to be quicker next year as they try to stamp out the wrestle and third man tackles. The big slow forwards will struggle with the faster game. So I see next year being worse for doggiez.
  44. S

Who will play Fullback Week 1 Final?

This is so funny. Just another chapter in the barba drama. If it was me I'd cut the cancer out and carry on without him. So many dogs fans are reactionary, barba is god, barba did nothing wrong then barba must go now then barba should play finals. Have some conviction people.
  45. S

Consolidated "I enjoy whinging about TRex" thread.

He has never regained his form since he injured his back in origin and had that time off. It's probably why Manly let him go.
  46. S

Maloney boot tactics...

It is technically stealing and punishable under the law. Everybody he has done it to should press charges this week and get him in shit for it.
  47. S

Text messages reveal curries anguish

My thought on this whole Barba thing- why does he not come out and either admit it or deny it. He should be a man and say I did it and its terribly bad thing to do. Or I never did it and nobody should ever hit a women.
  48. S

Text messages reveal curries anguish

Well there is a lot of dik measuring that goes on in this forum, but those who need to talk about it/ measure it ain't got it! If you can see past it and not be afraid of patronising and insults you will be fine here.
  49. S

(Tele) : Reason why Barba is heading North

So once again the bulldogs club looks like a disgrace. They knew a women was bashed by a player and did not sack the player instantly. It's an absolute disgrace and Todd Greenburg and the club need to be punished for this. Barba should never be paid to play football again. There were all the...
  50. S

24 games X $27000 =$6000000 2 byes bonuses for finals. So $27000 per game.
  51. S

For $27,000 per week you should expect more. He was a winger/back at parramatta and then went to Qcup where he won a GF playing 5/8 started in the backs at Manly then was moved into the 2nd row by Des where he missed more games through injury and suspension then he played. He has not had a great...
  52. S

Impact of successive marquee losses.

Melb did not win in 07, 09. They cheated.
  53. S

Enough is enough

The club was never going to keep him for next year so they had to let him go sooner or later. The fact there is no other signing announcement yet sort of disproves your point. So what yr saying is if the board could not sign anyone barba would not be released? Ever?
  54. S

Bulldogs Grant Barba a Release

I have heard from a friend a month ago who works for the warratahs and the ARU have guaranteed them that izzy is staying put. Looks like its true now.
  55. S

Barba has not reinjured the leg.

Barbara injury is in his massive head. Like Todd said barba may take all year to get better.
  56. S

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 24 | Bulldogs v Souths

Mistakes def hurting them but souffs are a step above
  57. S

Prichard kas same difference.
  58. S

Stupid shoulder charge inside their 20 and next set souths score
  59. S

And the season goes swirling down the toilet. Thanks Kasiano.
  60. S

Ben Barba's $1 million asking price 'ridiculous', say Brisbane Broncos

Barba was not the first nrl player who had trouble catching a bomb early on in their career of 1st grade. So it's not that amazing that two years later he now has that skill set. Everybody who has met the guy knows of his attitude and how susceptible he was always going to be to off field issues...
  61. S

Ben Barba's $1 million asking price 'ridiculous', say Brisbane Broncos

He could easily live in Brisbane and play for titans. The opposite of what Prince is doing so he has more than one option. As far as Orr goes he has to get Barba more money, a player manager who can not get the dally m medalist a better contract would be laughed at by other player managers...
  62. S

Sportal reporting Beale to the dogs

Kurtley Beale won't sign to the dogs, he is contracted to rugby Australia even though he was released from the rebels. He will go back to the Tahs for next year.
  63. S

What the **** is going on , like really????????

Stop making sense on this forum.
  64. S

Furner out leaves door for Ferguson get out clause

Whoever signs Fergo for 500 had better be prepared to increase that amount or he will leave then for a bigger contract elsewhere with Nasser n Mundine in his corner.
  65. S

Sharks for the spoon ???

Surely they should be kicked out or moved to Qld if its all true
  66. S

Noel Cleal

Any good local jnrs
  67. S

Noel Cleal

I don't live in Sydney so it's hard to see what is happening especially with lower grades and recruitment. I was wondering what players Noel has bought to the club in the last 2 years and which ones are going to be stars. Does anybody know? Isn't he getting like $200,000 a year?
  68. S

Luke O'Donnell Brain Snap

He should get a long Holliday. Minimum 5 weeks
  69. S

What the **** is going on , like really????????

I love these threads were we all just dance around the topic and nobody says anything. Can't wait untill it's resolved.
  70. S

Ben Barba has asked for an official release from Canterbury

Question for all those who are questioning the family links to Brisbane. If his x takes his kids to Bris do they not count as having family in Brisbane?
  71. S

Barba on Sterlo tonight

What players has Noel bought to the club over the last 2 years? Are any of them good?
  72. S

Ben Barba has asked for an official release from Canterbury

If the broncos titans and cowboys were smart they would get together and agree to only offer barba half his current contract. They have him over a barrel as he has said he must move up there so he must accept whatever pay is on offer. And I've got to say how stupid do those posters on here...
  73. S

Barba on Sterlo tonight

Why hasn't Des said anything on this matter for so long? I thought he was meant to be in control of things. I think less of him every week.
  74. S

Blake Ferguson wants out of Canberra Raiders

Why can't bulldogs have any local jnrs who are budding superstars? Too few good local players and too much desperation to sign anyone who thinks about going on the player market.
  75. S

Eastwood and Kasiano to miss 4 games

Well that is really bad news. The season is slipping away.
  76. S

Michael Ennis talks about the sensational form of the team

Ennis you dik talking about for and against before winning the game. Sports psychology 101 in full affect.
  77. S

2013 is not bulldogs year

Last year dogs were successful because of barba. This year we are fcuked because of barba.
  78. S

dogs in big, big trouble

We really sucked to nyt. I have zero confidence in the team on that effort
  79. S

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 22 | Bulldogs v Titans

Titans are better than people give them credit for. I hate how the games are Ref'd this year.
  80. S

Canterbury fielding biggest forward pack in rugby league history

Des does not want photos because it was not his idea and he is a control freak.
  81. S

We are srsly linked to every fullback.. Like wtf!

Next will be the Swans fullback or maybe the Sydney fc goalkeeper.
  82. S

Castle : 'It's not his call to make'

If he really is homesick then quit footy and sit at home everyday.
  83. S

Todd greenberg

So everything is kosher?
  84. S

Barba's family together again

Benny getting back with his ex? He's betting on it.
  85. S

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 13 | Bulldogs v Cowboys

Thurston will be sooking for a week and will play dirtier then usual or will be with his wife and baby.
  86. S

Gallen vs Myles GIF

Myles pushed him then dropped his hands. Do that in a pub and see how you go.
  87. S

STATE OF ROBBERY: Why Queensland's 7-0 Origin streak is a fraud

That's in Queensland video summed it all up.
  88. S

Ben Barba Reported

They will give him a week for sure. Is that the right outcome? Not sure.
  89. S

Gareth Hock not going to Eels

Parra are such a joke. They won't even have a squad of 25 next year. They should just be a nrl feeder club
  90. S

Gareth Hock not going to Eels

Will doesn't want the $850000 a year? That's crazy.
  91. S

Benji was with Dog Officials

He IS worth 6-700 with the increased cap. It's not 4mill any more and any half decent play maker will get 600 from this year on. Dump Keating and sign him for 700 but it won't happen, panfarz will give him more.
  92. S

Zorba on NRLUnleased - Drama's Around Belmore

DES does not like the press but is a control freak- hence why he is a head coach. He is just using Zorba his mate as a mouth peice to control the hiring of new CEO. This is so obvious people.
  93. S

Incoming Rugby League Scandal

No matter what a women is doing there is no reason to hit her, even if she hits you be a MAN and walk away the Greg ingliss excuse of she was going to self harm so I gave her a black eye is what we are seeing rolled out here. Seriously how hard do you have to push someone to break their eye...
  94. S

Incoming Rugby League Scandal

It will be Knights players, its on their site, I heard this yesterday. Don't know which ones but they are all low ppl IMO.
  95. S

Player you would most like to punch in the head more than any other?

Soward would be fun but it would probably kill him so ill go with slater or smith.
  96. S

Manly's tackling the best ever

How many forward passes can that knob cam smith get away with? It's a joke how easy storm gets it with the refs