Search results

1. H

Halatau needs to be in for Payne in the GF

I had $10 on Halatau as last-try scorer just in case @ $41. Get my moneyback if he doesn't play.
  2. H

Where can i get one???

I've been trying to find those Bulldog Blue hoodies with 1935 on them and the old school logo in the middle (with 19 and 35 on either side). Anyone know where I can get one of those? Going to try and get one today at the game.
  3. H

GRAND FINAL 2012 THREAD: Bulldogs v Storm [Predictions]

I don't care about the scoreline but wouldn't mind seeing us smash them to keep my heart and nerves in check. I expect a big game from our front rowers and thus am going to have $100 on both Graham ($11) and Tolman ($17) for the Clive Churchill Medal. Storm defend the same way to Souths so I...
  4. H

why is James Grahams nickname 'bupa'

I prefer "Jammer" which I think is his nickname from the UK. Might even be his twitter account as well.
  5. H

3-2-1 Dogs Vs Manly

3 - Tolman 2 - Ennis 1 - Morris
  6. H

Bulldogs 3-2-1 vs Cowboys

3 - Ben Barba 2 - Josh Jackson 1 - Josh Reynolds
  7. H

Bulldogs Army Newcastle Bus Trip

Same here Skippy. I live about a 5 minute walk from the Stadium but I purchased my tickets when the opening game of the season went on sale so got front row stand tickets. Should be a good game with Newcastle winning a couple on the trot.
  8. H

Bulldogs $1.45 to take out minor premiership. Thoughts?

My mate backed them @ $10 when we had a run of a couple of losses.
  9. H

Try - Barba & Morris vs Storm

Barba has just about made twice as many linebreaks from his own half as the next best player (which I think is Slater). What a freak !
  10. H

Halatau vs Pritchard

I think we will sign both and let Stagg go.
  11. H

On The Punt

I went there as well (I live 5 mins away) but left at HT. I wanted to back Scots to win @ $5.15 but couldn't do it ! Good odds for one tomorrow. Melbourne Race 5 - #3 Grand Brittania. Racing against two good horses but looks ready and is $21 on Fixed odds.
  12. H

Referees and their influence...

Anyone else notice that Graham seems to get hit high quite often and not a penalty given ? Happened twice tonight and I've just about seen it once every game. Don't want to dwell on the refs but we are getting hammered on the penalty counts all year. Have we won one yet ?
  13. H

Dogs v Souths 3-2-1

3. James Graham - He is an absolute monster. Gets through a mountain of work. Love Jammer ! 2. Michael Ennis - Thought he had his best game of the season. 1. Ben Barba - What can you say ? Another try-saver and was thereabouts most of the game. Inu was obviously up there as well.. Well done lads.
  14. H

On The Punt

Not too bad...need Mystical Grey to win !
  15. H

New York Hotels

I work in the Industry and use the Dream quite a bit. Very funky hotel and does have a Nightclub there but you don't hear the music. Great 4-star Hotel. Hotel Penn is a popular 3-star hotel (due to price and location) but I don't do less than 4 star ;) I just returned from Vietnam/Cambodia and...
  16. H

On The Punt

Sydney Race 6 - Reuben Percival Brisbane Race 4 - Fibrillation (loves it heavy) Brisbane Race 5 - Wealth Princess Brisbane Race 8 - Mystical Grey (Great each-way value @ $26). Sydney Race 8 - Gazza Guru (Great value and has form around Green Moon & My Kingdom of Fyfe - $21).
  17. H

NRL Head to Head

Foxsports 2 @ 11.00pm. Knights v Bulldogs. 2002 !!
  18. H

Dogs v Dragons 3-2-1

3 - Morris 2 - Kasiano 1- Reynolds
  19. H

F*** Yeah!

Can you hear the Dragons sing ? Can you hear the Dragons sing ? I can't hear a f*&ken thing !
  20. H

Tonight : Hazem on Australian Story

Replay on Sat @ 5.30pm.
  21. H

On The Punt

Hey lads. Sorry I haven't been in here for a while ! Tigers 1-12/Broncos 13+ @ $8.40 Panthers 1-12/Storm 13+ @ $9.75 ----------------------------------- I've also backed Barba for top try scorer @ $9 and Turner to be top point scorer @ $15
  22. H

On The Punt

I haven't been betting on the Football but you can put two draws together for about $10. Pretty good really....use sides like Fulham and Sunderland in particular.
  23. H

On The Punt

Off to Caulfield for the Cup this weekend. Went to Randwick for Epsom Day (for a Bucks weekend with the GF chucked in). Great day on the punt as well. Backed a horse with my first name in it (at Adelaide or Brisbane) and paid $5.30 (had a hungee on it). Pumped for this weekend !
  24. H

On The Punt

I've got Helmet in a double. Secret Admirer is a special today. Short though.
  25. H

On The Punt

They are known as LOLerpool
  26. H

On The Punt

Romania +54.5 (1.90) Collingwood (1.28) Geelong (1.20) Manly (1.40) Melbourne (1.40) Samoa -10.5 (1.87) @ $10.50 odd.
  27. H

Joel Romelo - 2011 Discussion Thread

CK - Been impressed with Joel over the last few weeks ;)
  28. H

On The Punt

Yeah just saw that..bugger !
  29. H

On The Punt

West Coast - 27.5pts Collingwood Over 39.5pts Chelsea Everton Celtic Warriors Roosters Tigers PSG Marseille @ $23.66
  30. H

On The Punt

Hope everyone is good.. haven't been on the punt much lately but got these two tips with someone connected. ------------------------- Got 2 tips today. Sydney Race 7 - "Invest" E/W @ $40 Sydney Race 4 - "Thankgodyourhere" -------------------------
  31. H

The Kennel

*yawn* good to see you are original..... Are you telling me that the forum is better the way it is ? I disagree and couldn't understand why it looked/went this way. Wonder why I don't bother with knob-ends like yourself around here. Deadset.
  32. H

I've been patient ...

LOL....that says enough. Two games ? WOW...I'm sure Chris Armit was MOTM in those two games. Get him into Origin ;)
  33. H

The Kennel

Why because I had a dig ? The place looks like poo... No need to harden up.
  34. H

The Kennel

Romelo as an example ? Nah there's enough Romelo threads. Fair enough about the reasoning behind it. Don't agree with it and won't be here as much as before. Dogs by 12
  35. H

The Kennel

Can someone explain to me what the go with this forum is ? I HATE the way that all the discussion about players is in one thread. Why can't we start threads and talk about a player with a particular incident whether it be good or bad ? Its way too regimented. Heck if I want to be like...
  36. H

I've been patient ...

Good sidestep ;)
  37. H

Panthers v Bulldogs preview

Thought I saw on one of the Footy shows (not 9) that we have scored more long range tries than anyone in the NRL this year (might have been on our own half-way). Sure Barba has scored the majority of those.
  38. H

I've been patient ...

I've seen loads of players chip and chase like Terry Lamb, bark orders like Lewis and smash forwards bigger. Heck Chris Sandow does it every week (well most weeks). Its about consistency. Do you know that he is training hard ? What is his attitude like ? Has he been consistently good in his...
  39. H

Round 8 Bulldogs v Broncos 3 - 2 - 1 thread

3 - Ennis 2- Barba 1 - Paea
  40. H

Bulldogs $750k 3 Year Deal - William Hopoate

I agree....might be a great investment as he looks like he has the goods. I'd be happy if we signed him as his versatility could be handy as well. Origin player of the future for sure.
  41. H

One HD Footy Show.

Great shows and shattered I missed it last night. Game plan is an excellent show.
  42. H

Andrew Ryan - 2011 Discussion Thread

I agree mate...seems that if he isn't doing 10 offloads a game and setting up tries then it isn't good enough. We don't need Bobcat to do that especially with Frank and now Eastwood coming back in the side. I think he has been our 2nd best forward this year behind Tolman.
  43. H

Round 7 Bulldogs v Souffs 3-2-1 Thread

3 - Barba 2- Tolman 1- Ryan Bobcat really had some oomph when he hit the advantage line last night.
  44. H

James Graham - Discussion Thread

I agree...I wouldn't be too bothered if we didn't re-sign Halatau. One swallow doesn't make a summer !
  45. H

Round 6 Bulldogs v Eels 3-2-1 Thread

3 - Barba 2 - Keating 1 - Payne
  46. H

Souths Line Up vs the dogs

Do they still give free entry to the show for Dogs ticket holders ?
  47. H

Getting headbutted is now a sin binable offence

Aiton got sent for a head-butt that nobody saw. This was as clear as crystal.
  48. H

Round 6 Post Match Discussion Bulldogs v Eels Thread

Great comeback by the boys but we can't give away starts like that to the decent sides. Parra will be extremely lucky to make the 8. The referee was very poor tonight. I mean who gets binned for a swinging arm and for sledging ? I might be finding out tomorrow what Ennis actually said to...
  49. H

Round 6 Bulldogs v Eels 3-2-1 Thread

Can someone explain to me why they have to close the other thread ? Can't we just talk about the game in the actual game thread ? This place has gone to poo with all these player official threads.
  50. H

Aiden Tolman - 2011 Discussion Thread

Has Origin written all over him.
  51. H

Round 2 Post Match Discussion: Bulldogs v Souffs

Good win by the boys especially given we played at only about 70% I reckon. Still need to work on our ball control (someone ban Armit from offloading the ball) but its early in the season and I expect that to improve. Tolman has been a great replacement for Hannant and is younger as well so...
  52. H

Lightning CAN strike twice!

Great points...
  53. H

Lightning CAN strike twice!

I wish it worked that way but most know it doesn't. Look at last week's games ? Parra beat Warriors in NZ and can't beat Penrith. Penrith can't beat Knights at home and then smash Parra. If Side A beats Side B who beats Side C doesn't guarantee that Side A will smash side C...
  54. H

Round 2 Bulldogs v Souffs 3-2-1 Thread

3 - Idris 2 - Tolman 1 - Barba
  55. H

Kennel player of the year 2011

3. Tolman 2. Morris 1. Hodkinson
  56. H

Kennel Betting.

From a punter's point of view I wouldn't even bet on the Dogs games (results). I've said it numerous times but if they win I'm happy but if they lose I don't want to lose twice. :)
  57. H

On The Punt

Tips from mates (take them at your own will - not usual tipper) Mel Race # 9 - #7 Offenders Syd Race #7 - #3 Femina Fashion My footy bet; Warriors -7.5, Raiders 1-12 & Melbourne -4.5 @ $10.83.
  58. H

On The Punt

Think the slow bowlers will lead the way. Only wicket over there with any pace is probably Mohali....nice odds though ! Anyone see Black Caviar today ? WOW !
  59. H

On The Punt

Hashim Amla most runs at WC @ $15. Was $17. Had a sneaky Pineapple on him.
  60. H

2004 Grand Final -- where were you?

I was living in Edinburgh, Scotland. I woke up at 5am there time and started drinking by myself in the kitchen. Then got to the pub @ 9am to find out that the Pub (Edinburgh Walkabout) didn't have a license to sell drinks even though they told me they had it the day before. Still cheering...
  61. H

On The Punt

Backed Herculian Prince which was a nice win and also backed Black Piranha E/W. Did nothing.
  62. H

On The Punt

GF bets. Bulldogs -7.5pts/Under 48.5pts & Souths -1.5pts/Under48.5pts @ $10.05 Perrett FTS/Mini CCM @ $221 Aubusson FTS/Carney CCM @ $143 Morris FTS/Boyd CCM @ $63 Creagh FTS/Soward CCM @ $77 Creagh FTS @ $11 (missus) Ryles FTS @ $67 (missus) Pearce CCM @ $7 (missus) Minichello CCM...
  63. H

Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Bunny Jnr I've also got the mail on who was involved (allgedly). Someone involved from one of the betting agencies gave me my info. One is a Player Manager, One is a former player and the other one is a Manager of a very well known boxer.
  64. H

On The Punt

First point score - Penalty goal
  65. H

Roberts still sees self as Dogs' No.6

I think us losing Roberts for most of the year has just about cost us a finals spot (should we miss out). He had his best season last year and I'm sure Morris wishes he was around more this year. I'd rather see; 1. Barba 6. Roberts 7. Hodkinson 14. Keating
  66. H

Last chance dogs

Weather is going to be sunny and 16'c. Still been a bit chilly up here the last few days so wear something warm.
  67. H

The Army on tour to Newcastle

Mr C is actually from Windale so don't hold it against him :P I'm sitting in Bay 7 and really pumped up for it. Weather is going to be great and really hoping for a win in both grades. (EDIT - I live in New Lambton and I'm no hick...but I am from Dubbo so...)
  68. H

On The Punt

Sorry boys haven't been punting much lately. Only had one bet on Footy this year. Haven't had many tips either. Got one the other day for 20/1 shot which ran 6th so lucky I didn't post it ! I have been backing Hot Danish though which has been nice. Whobegotyou should win today.
  69. H

On The Punt

Forgot about this thread lads !! I've had Rooney as Golden Boot. Missus has taken Poldoski who is good odds at 40/1 with Klose not in great form and not guaranteed a start. I've also backed England and Argies to win it at around $7. Missus backed Cameroon to make final @ $41 !
  70. H

The Bulldogs in Adelaide. Round 18.

Accommodation will be easy in Adelaide. Just depends on what you are prepared to spend. Punter is right about the scheduling. Its done 5-6 weeks in advance when Nine and Fox choose the games they want to broadcast. Makes it a bit crap that we can't plan to travel to games more advance than this...
  71. H

The Bulldogs in Adelaide. Round 18.

Shattered as I was hoping this game was at Gosford again. Enjoy the trip to Adelaide mate.
  72. H

dene halatau

I like Halatau but I'll be surprised if he is even close to the "Buy of the Year" like BK. Has a poor record with injuries over the last few years. I just hope he can be above "solid" as I don't think he is much better than that. Shoot me down if you want but I wasn't overly excited with his...
  73. H

Trial #2 Roll Call - Cantebury Bulldogs v Canberra - Sat 27th February 2010 @ Dubbo

You definitely had a bad run. I've done that trip at least 40 times I reckon and it never took more than 5hrs.....and if you are into that stuff than fair enough. Numbers through the doors of both show that the majority disagree...and I've been to both a few times.
  74. H

Bulldogs on Summertime

Its actually Foxsports 3. Doesn't say who they are showing on the TV guide ?? I'm recording it.
  75. H

Trial #2 Roll Call - Cantebury Bulldogs v Canberra - Sat 27th February 2010 @ Dubbo

LOL...the Gaol is definitely not better than the Zoo. Try and have lunch in front of the spider monkeys which always perform for people. Use to take me 4.5hrs to drive to Sydney so not sure what you were doing. Turn off after Lithgow towards Mudgee and avoid the Police and the traffic...
  76. H

anyone been to phuket

If you want some serious advice PM me. I work in the Travel Industry !
  77. H

Canterbury Bulldogs Trial Games

LOL...nah its not but I once sh&^%ed a girl there many moons ago ! Lovely girl she was !
  78. H

Canterbury Bulldogs Trial Games

Remember I'm from Dubbo but now living in Newie. Probably won't head over. When you come to Dubbo on the Mitchell Highway (through Bathurst/Orange/Wellington) the Highway turns into Cobra Street. You will go past Orana Mall with Big W on your right hand side not long after entering Dubbo. Go...
  79. H

rd1 bulldogs vs manly 3am fox sports 3

They had Dogs v Tigers in 2002 yesterday which I taped. They are playing Dogs v East 1980 GF today at 12pm on Foxsports 1 and Bulldogs v Roosters from 2003 at 8.00pm on Foxsports 3. They are also showing Dogs v Titans from Rd 3 sometime this week.
  80. H

On The Punt

Hard to split Miss Darcy and Hissing Sid....
  81. H

On The Punt

Sorry boys. I should have put a few tips up !
  82. H

On The Punt

I've backed Whobegotyou straight out. Also had Quinella with El Segundo Missus backed Manhattan Rain and Speed Gifted E/W. I've also backed Sydney Race 3 - #3 Khas Kura straight out. (tip I got boys if you want on)
  83. H

On The Punt

In my quaddie I got the Melbourne one and missed the Sydney one by a short-head with Voice Coach !
  84. H

Happy Birthday, Bakes.

Happy birthday champ.
  85. H

On The Punt

Killed 'em. Looks one to follow during the Spring. Had plenty in reserve.
  86. H

On The Punt

My Quaddies today Races - ROSEHILL (NSW) Race 05 - 3:20 PM 1 HOT DANISH, 4 MADAME PEDRILLE Race 06 - 4:00 PM 1 RACING TO WIN, 3 TRIPLE HONOUR, 9 ROCK KINGDOM Race 07 - 4:40 PM 2 MR TIPSY, 4 EMPEROR BONAPARTE, 5 VOICE COACH Race 08 - 5:20 PM 4 SNOW ALERT, 10...
  87. H

On The Punt

Storm/Eagles Under 6.5pts Broncos 1-12 Dragons 13+ $24.18
  88. H

On The Punt

http://www.starstable.com.au Started a League boys. Code is 975021.
  89. H

Do you want Parramatta?

I'd be more than happy to see one of the other sides take them out of the comp. I'd rather face the Dragons or the Titans at the moment !
  90. H

Michael F'ing Ennis.

And some people thought we were silly letting Hughes go LMAO...
  91. H

Do you want Parramatta?

Why would anyone want to play them if we have a choice ? If anyone would rather play Parra next week over Penrith or Newcastle then they are surely deluded. I know people are saying "bring them on" but our chances of beating them over other teams is slimmer.
  92. H

Jarryd Hickey & Yileen Gordon

I'm sure Haz would be happy to give up a Meat Pie if it means Hickey keeps his clothes on.
  93. H

Would provide that X factor in the forwards. Couple of tackling machines in Stagg and Ryan with Buddy attacking the fringes and running at small men like Sandow :) Very impressed with him this year.
  94. H

Bulldogs Finals Chance Saviour: Holdsworth

In today's paper it said the Storm were after Kite as well..
  95. H

I think he could start in the 2nd row next year with Eastwood moving on.
  96. H

Kimmorley out for a month.

I didn't say we are nothing and can't win the final.....but his absence hurts. I was shattered when I saw him get injured and walk off the field. I agree about Roberts and Ennis. Ennis again showed why he should have been the NSW hooker from game 1. Brilliant again. I love this guy. Notice...
  97. H

I'm still going to be positive as we still have a great shot. Most sides would give their left arm to be in our position. Lets see how we go next week against the Tigpies. Like I said I'll happily eat humble pie if Holdsworth steps up and does enough. I'm not expecting him to replace Noddy...
  98. H

Are you joking ? Our whole game is just about based around Noddy. Heck he is just about the Assistant coach of the side. He directs them on the field, on the trading paddock and controls everything. We depend on him pretty heavily. Its not like we have lost a 2nd rower or a centre. We've lost...
  99. H

If there is one person we can't afford to lose its Kimmorley. I'd feel very confident if we lost anyone else in the team (maybe Ennis) but this one hurts real bad.... Yeah we lost Price in 2004 but that was for one game. We still have a few games to go to even get to the GF which is the...
  100. H

How good has Buddy been over the last few months ? He has been hitting the advantage line very hard and getting over it sticking his head between the line. I think the General should start running off him a bit more. Seems to have the ball free with nobody to pass to.