Search results

1. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs 2014 injury updates

Kas, Inu and Ennis don't seem to be anything major - just precautionary at this stage. Unless the scans show differently. Eastwood injured his foot, and they are hopeful of a round 2 return as an early diagnosis, but they need to see if its a tare, and the specifics of it. Could be worse, but...
  2. jimmy_the_greek

Round 1 2014: Goodnight Brisbane

we have four players awaiting scans from last night, and Eastwood likely to miss a month. I wouldn't brag just yet.
  3. jimmy_the_greek

Hoffman MEGATHREAD MkII

thread back up
  4. jimmy_the_greek

Hoffman MEGATHREAD MkII

haha love this whole investigation. Thread was closed, not to so much because of what was posted in it...but because of who was reading on the other end. If hoffman was first released, then this would be a non-issue:) but not worth running the risk of them not releasing him later...after what...
  5. jimmy_the_greek

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

If today's article doesn't pinch the broncos the wrong way (which there is a possibility it might).....then it will be Hoffman. I think his manager took a big risk with what he did, because it can either fire completely in one direction or the other. Hopefully for us the outcome is positive.
  6. jimmy_the_greek

Shane Flanagan set to get the sack - SMH

In a perfect world...the Roosters would be in as much trouble if not a possible premiership stripping with what they got up to as well. Heard last week that one of their doctors left as well.
  7. jimmy_the_greek

Reading that article, seems something along the lines of sucking up...Thaiday doesn't seem confident he will stay...." all the Broncos players want in our side."...I think Hodges had a different opinion, and publicly came out and said he has no passing game. I wouldn't be surprised if the...
  8. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Morris rumour is back up on twitter...some dragons fans probably just can't help themselves lol...or morris has been told he will play fullback next year. Hope its not the second.
  9. jimmy_the_greek

Aiden Tolman says: We've moved on from Ben Barba

I don't think we should be comparing the Barba situation to Mason/SBW. When sonny returned to play against us, there was nobody in our side left from the 2008 squad. ..and similar to Mason they walked because of the way things operated back then...from coach and so on...when we played the...
  10. jimmy_the_greek

I can't see Milford been forced to stay at Canberra, especially since his last comments. Which means the Hoffman scenario is still very much on. I think we just need to be patient...we have done so since February:) can't do much else really.
  11. jimmy_the_greek

Not sure if the lurker has been accurate in the past or what not, but this is the situation at the moment. (@Phill_Azo) Broncos said they wouldn't be releasing Hoffman. So how can it be a done deal like you had said? #asklurk The Lurker: He wants to go and Bulldogs want him. Broncos are...
  12. jimmy_the_greek

Barba can expect tough reception: Price

Makes your blood boil when you here the 2 words 'family reasons'. His priorities from December - February were elsewhere...and certainly had nothing to do with family. Going to be an interesting pre-week before this game, your typical news limited trash portraying Barba as the innocent victim...
  13. jimmy_the_greek

Mini 'test case' on hold

THE NRL says it won't bend its salary cap rules for Anthony Minichiello despite the Sydney Roosters claiming their captain should be a "test case" for any changes for long-serving players. An update on the salary cap review and the issue of improving the veteran players' allowance is one of...
  14. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs 2014 Fixtures

Raelene won't be complaining :) I am pretty sure we are one of the few teams that has a good record against them up there.
  15. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs 2014 Fixtures

Broncos are news limited/courier mail trash...... they were always going to get first preference. I really like our draw actually, I like the fact that its more balanced as opposed to the stack of night games last year.
  16. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs 2014 Fixtures

Round 1 seems to have been leaked from the Telegraph. No surprise really though. Extremely happy its at ANZ Round 1 Fri Mar 07, 7:30pm Bulldogs v Broncos ANZ Stadium
  17. jimmy_the_greek

Klemmer Injured

Video says Klemmer should be back for the start of the season.
  18. jimmy_the_greek

Josh Hoffman writing his own ticket out of redhill

^ I wouldn't put Sonny in the same category as Barba...its wrong and offensive to SBW. With SBW he at least acknowledged that he had made a mistake (even though it wasn't entirely his fault), and gone back in time to change it if he could.
  19. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs after Josh Hoffman #NoSurprise

Or it can backflip and frustrate them more.
  20. jimmy_the_greek

https://twitter.com/PritchardFrank/status/405829547616382976
  21. jimmy_the_greek

Ben Matulino's comment on the photo saying, good signing and good luck hoffy kind of gives it away also.
  22. jimmy_the_greek

Broncos and Titans are chasing Karmichael hunt, and if they are even considering DCE and Cam Smith for 2015...they need to start freeing up some $$$$ from now. Like finchie said they also added Vidot and Mills to their roster.
  23. jimmy_the_greek

Maitua Suspended Indefinitely

Well the law is going soft if we are having court cases for pushing somebody's hand, and a king hit in Kings Cross is a 4 year sentence. In the mean time I am taking Reni's word for it, but won't comment further until after the court case. Police had said there was alcohol involved, so it may...
  24. jimmy_the_greek

Well given its a JH...we can always take Jarryd Hayne and give Hoffman to Parra:) Or do a Brisbane Broncos move and take both! (In a perfect world) lol
  25. jimmy_the_greek

Ricky Stuart surely aimed fire at the Broncos today. Called them one of worst clubs in terms of player development in last five years. It sounds even worse given he was coaching Parra not that long ago:)
  26. jimmy_the_greek

More bad news

How can he be charged with affray when no charges have been laid? Police are reviewing security footage, no charges have yet been laid, and the incident is under ongoing investigation.
  27. jimmy_the_greek

More bad news

The Eels yesterday made a big deal on the news of a heritage jersey, which they are hoping will bring them spectacular results lol. They are a definition of the word crisis, in fact they have invented a whole brand new definition of the term crisis.
  28. jimmy_the_greek

Regardless if both Reni and Tyrone are charged or not, my hopes of a non-disrupted pre-season seemed to have gone out the window in the space of 2 days:( Hope the club sorts this out ASAP, I guess on a positive its not something that occurred 2 weeks before the season....as opposed to last...
  29. jimmy_the_greek

sense the irony lol:)
  30. jimmy_the_greek

BREAKING: Anthony Milford defers homesickness until 2015
  31. jimmy_the_greek

Milford just signed with the Broncos for season 2015/2016, need to free up some cash. Shit go that a player is allowed to sign with another club for 2015, when 2014 has not even begun yet.
  32. jimmy_the_greek

Maitua wanted to speak about it on 7 news, but didn't have permission from Des to do so. I hope all goes well for him and he learns, I guess the concern is why he isn't allowed to speak out, when it was a pull of the arm according to Maitua himself.
  33. jimmy_the_greek

It is ironic that after this incident broke out with Maitua I had 2 knights fans from work text me...then 2 minutes later the incident with Russell Packer broke out. lol some speak too soon, especially when what's in their own yard is far worse.
  34. jimmy_the_greek

http://www.nrlnews.com/2013/11/26/bulldogs-veteran-back-rower-suspended-after-he-was-charged-with-assault/ Gosh if pushing someone's hand away is considered a common assault charge..I would hate to see my record :o
  35. jimmy_the_greek

Unfortunately for Reni by openly stating he pushed his arm, that is still considered assault (that's just the way the law system works - any contact regardless if it is considered to be minor or not, is still deemed to be assault.... even though that in my opinion is plain stupid. If it was in...
  36. jimmy_the_greek

Statement from Reni himself through his twitter account
  37. jimmy_the_greek

Took place at Darlinghurst Monday morning, Court appearance early January - According to NewsTalk2UE
  38. jimmy_the_greek

Statement from the club as well: The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have today suspended Reni Maitua from all duties after he was charged with assault last night. The matter has been referred to the NRL’s Integrity Unit. The Bulldogs will offer further comment on the matter once those...
  39. jimmy_the_greek

FOX SPORTS News ‏@FOXSportsNews 8s BREAKING: Canterbury suspend Reni Maitua from all duties after he was charged with assault last night #NRL
  40. jimmy_the_greek

Lol gotta love franky...Excitement got the better of him, he did the same with reni:)
  41. jimmy_the_greek

Would you want Sonny back at the dogs?

Would you be kind enough to define the term 'established' for me? :). Last time I watched a game of football, Mitchell Pearce was mediocre (and that's been nice), and his opposing number 7 won Dally M in a GF beaten side.
  42. jimmy_the_greek

Im confused now.... What will be our backline?

I think with Hodko and Ennis, the issue is they lack that bit of speed and creativity...especially in terms of organising/positioning your players on where you want them to be. You see players like DCE, Thurston, Smith and Cronk do this constantly. I still think we are a top 5 side, but...
  43. jimmy_the_greek

Im confused now.... What will be our backline?

Well you would assume Mitch Brown would get dropped, leaving Morris and Lafai in the centres...Inu and Perrett on the wing. Trials and pre-season training will obviously make the difference, however hoping we don't see a repeat of the Knights game which saw Inu getting dropped. Inu is too...
  44. jimmy_the_greek

done mate:) added your posts to the first page.
  45. jimmy_the_greek

Ben Barba set for New Zealand debut for Brisbane Broncos in NRL trial

Goodwin is already up 1-0...dropped him on his head in round 4:) Plus he is good mates with Morris, so no surprise there.
  46. jimmy_the_greek

I dont know about major:) that would be someone of slater/thurston standard. But a good signing nevertheless:)
  47. jimmy_the_greek

In a perfect world we should sign Locke as well:) problem is they both want to play fullback. "But at this stage we don't want to release him." =AT THIS STAGE. I remember those 3 words from the Barba story and we saw what happened there.....deja vu. Griffin saying we aren't releasing him, as...
  48. jimmy_the_greek

Hoffman has been out of sorts since Barba signed at the Broncos amid speculation he would be shunted to the wing. "We're aware of Canterbury's interest," said one senior Broncos official. "They're all over him...
  49. jimmy_the_greek

the tomorrow joke started from the Maitua signing, and has kind of gotten boring/old ever since. People didn't realise that with Maitua it was much different, he had a few procedures (behavioural) he needed to go undergo before that signing would go through.
  50. jimmy_the_greek

To be fair, we carried Keating as our halfback into the 2012 GF. Nothing against Krippy, he is a great bloke. We will be fine. Roosters just won it with one of the most over-rated halfbacks and a fullback that is one step away from retirement. Although you could argue with some of that Growth...
  51. jimmy_the_greek

the vast majority have been his management doing the talking, I guess this puts it into perspective, as its coming from the man himself. he definitely wasn't happy in Brisbane before he left, I don't think they will convince him to stay if he doesn't want to. Same scenario as Barba (without the...
  52. jimmy_the_greek

Kiwis fullback Josh Hoffman says he will make a decision on his NRL future after he returns to Brisbane following the World Cup. The 25-year-old has been the focus of speculation following the Broncos' high-profile signing of 2012 Dally M Medallist Ben Barba. Broncos teammate Justin Hodges also...
  53. jimmy_the_greek

Believe me Des is the best thing to happen to our club in a long time:), but in regards to this Barba issue, he really wanted Barba at the club - it wasn't his decision in the end, he tried to avoid it as much as possible. Des more or so felt portrayed after Barba's interview on foxsports, when...
  54. jimmy_the_greek

I didn't say anything about the transfer fee, you guessed wrong about that. I was alluding to releasing your best player (aside of the personal issues), which I agree he should have been released, but in terms of a business move..having a replacement should have been done and dusted, before the...
  55. jimmy_the_greek

We aren't signing Fergo. Was surprised someone on here claimed a few months ago that it was a done deal. Roosters or Bunnies for him, I think he will go with G.I team. Don't ask me how they can afford him, because its one of the parts of the NRL I well and truly hate. It conveys there...
  56. jimmy_the_greek

There is an issue that I heard from yesterday that is starting to creep up. We were too nice with them surrounding Barba, and now they are playing the price is right with us. The Broncos that is. To put it simple, the Broncos are asking for more now as they are after someone else (and claim...
  57. jimmy_the_greek

I think you are setting your expectations too high mate, or you probably don't know the true meaning of what the word confidentiality entails. When the club has admitted that they were going guns blazing for Folau, and had some others in mind like Hayne, Hoppa, Hoff....doesn't that reassure you...
  58. jimmy_the_greek

This. Also the coach doesnt necessarily have the last say. That's for the board to decide...otherwise with the amount of faith des showed in barba, he may still have been in the team. Hence his decision to play him against the knights. There was also an article not long ago I believe where...
  59. jimmy_the_greek

J Moz could entertain retern to Dragons in 2015

Hi mate, good to see you posting on the forum. Although in turn I will be completely honest with you as well. I am doing my Masters in Educational Psychology (so I know a bit about this). Your first post contradicts the next. I will explain to you....when you are claiming there is a very bad...
  60. jimmy_the_greek

Ben Barba says he would quit rugby league before losing contact with his daughters

so true mate, don't think people should be abusing him on social media either. I don't know why some out there would expect a logical reply from such an 'ultimate professional'.:sleep: If people don't what to read the crap he puts up (myself included), just unfollow him like plenty of others...
  61. jimmy_the_greek

Ben Barba says he would quit rugby league before losing contact with his daughters

and the oscar goes to!!! *drum roll* If he can get his life back on track good for him, although contradicting childish messages of payback seem to suggest otherwise. Our club is bigger than him, despite what he thought..and in the long run, will be better off without him, especially in terms...
  62. jimmy_the_greek

Barba and Reynolds are close as well...but Barba followed the money. The Broncos sensed the opportunity to purchase a desperate gambler aside of some other things also (sorry if that sounds subjective - but that's how it is), and he took it.
  63. jimmy_the_greek

Hodges and DCE were instrumental in Barba's move to Brisbane, with DCE likely to join them or in fact almost guaranteed he will after his contract finishes with Manly....Its no doubt why Hoffman feels so out of place there at the moment.
  64. jimmy_the_greek

I honestly did not delete that. Anyone can delete their own individual post.
  65. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I dont wish bad on anyone. I am calling it as I see it. If he plays well and gets his life on track then good for him. Based on some of the things he has been saying and doing, and done in the past and hasnt got the help he has needed....I think you may be dissappointed.
  66. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I dont think he will play against us to be completely honest. He will implode and self destruct before the season begins. Even as a psychology student doing my masters in Education Child Psychology. The signs are already there. If Brisbane don't step in and help him..then he is gone. He was...
  67. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I can't say too much on a public forum, but if the Broncos are honestly trying to look after his welfare...then he needs medical attention ASAP, don't care how blunt that sounds. He is making his problem obvious to thousands of people out there, something ain't working well with him.
  68. jimmy_the_greek

Eric Grothe to the Dogs !!!

He has a dry sense of humour, if he says its raining...you would probably look outside to see if its sunny. Also don't know what the world cup has to do with him, other than the fact he is watching it from home....lol
  69. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

dakar check PM
  70. jimmy_the_greek

no....wake me up when September *I mean tomorrow ends:)
  71. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

This is also good news with Bupa coming off contract, James won't fell so left out any more been the only pommy.
  72. jimmy_the_greek

difficult when he is in the Balmain area.:)
  73. jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Vs Broncos to kick off the 2014 season "Grudge match" and in HD

lol should have played it @ANZ. I think Gavin would have been pushing it not to be, and got his way in the end. Either way will be making the road trip up:)
  74. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

he is contracted to the Broncos for another two years, his management is legally not able to engage in negotiations with other teams without the Broncos permission. ______________ haha hypocrites! I can see why they would say something like this, for our club to get a move on to accept the...
  75. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Hi guys, try and keep things related on topic. Makes it easier, as most are having to scroll through 132 pages lol
  76. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

First of all welcome to the forum mate. I would ask of you though to be cautious when bringing Geoff's name into this. Primarily because we have a few journos browsing this forum, and my father knows george peponis very well. If you want I am happy to discuss with you about this through PM...
  77. jimmy_the_greek

After the club sorts this fullback business out. The retention of J-Moz and Graham needs to follow straight after.
  78. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

we did it to the Broncos as well lol...by saying Barba had 2 years left of his contract. All a business move.
  79. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Brisbane are giving the club warning signs...they know we are desperate and he is gonnneee if the compo offer is met.
  80. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Its a gamble with Fergie, but I think the club is taking this no d.head policy too seriously...and if they are, then they certainly let Barba walk all over them. I would rather win a premiership TBH, we shouldn't be establishing ourselves as the good Samaritan club....its not going to work...
  81. jimmy_the_greek

Ben Barba Says He Wants Josh Hoffman To Stay

Seems like the Broncos need to spend sometime getting Barba out of Jupiters, his comments contradict what their club has been saying regarding Hoffman lol. Hodges and DCE were more instrumental in Barba's move to Brisbane. Has nothing to do with Hoffman lol...if one relative tries to eat the...
  82. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

"I came up here as a chance to follow my family and I was lucky enough Brisbane were able to fit me under the salary cap," said Barba. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: and the oscar goes to!!!!!
  83. jimmy_the_greek

England cagey over Graham RLWC axing

McNamara and Steve Sharp (Eels) would get on well. If anything, hope this turns Graham away from homesick England when his contract is up.
  84. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-25/interview-raelene-castle/5046856?section=sport Interesting how she says no to almost everyone, yet had a bit of an awkward pause when asked about Hoppa. Also, she is saying that there haven't been discussion with the players as such, not their management...
  85. jimmy_the_greek

spotted

was thinking the same thing lol
  86. jimmy_the_greek

I don't think its an issue about money, more or so playing in a position that he doesn't wish to play in.
  87. jimmy_the_greek

If the club goes through with Signing Hoffman...then we have nothing to worry about. If there is another last minute stuff up, then yes I would be concerned.
  88. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I knew they were meeting with James's management last week as Des was interested. I didn't hear anything about an offer been tabled.
  89. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

O'Conner was one of the two I was referring to, but not the one that was into the later negotiation stages with the club. That's Hoffman, and hopefully all goes well. I said 2 days ago on here that Naughton was seen as a back up option by the club, in the instance that they couldn't sign 1 of the 2.
  90. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I assume because he has that Darius Boyd look about him lol. Great player though (when he wants to be). :)
  91. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

my thoughts exactly lol
  92. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

back up plan option 3/4:) I would be happier with securing their first 2 options:), but Naughton has potential also.
  93. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

I said he has potential. Didn't compare him to Templeman. If you want me to, I have to say...I have watched tempo play more than a handful of times I would say...don't think he is ready yet. His kicking game didn't have much on it, and needs more size..he was getting taken down quite easily...
  94. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Naughton wasn't the 2 I have been talking about the club signing, he is more or so a back up plan in case there is a financial fall out with the other 2. He is also less pricier than the other 2. Has potential, I think he will do well. Also, living in the Shire for example wouldn't limit him...
  95. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Robert Kairouz ‏@RobertKairouz1 8h @noggers1 what club impressed you@most . Expand Curt Naughton ‏@noggers1 45m @RobertKairouz1 have to wait and see mate it will be out end of week
  96. jimmy_the_greek

Fullback Discussion

Naughton admitting he was in talks with us... seems to be favouriting comments as well that Des is the best coach for him. I told you guys, its not just the one signing we are looking at:) Curt Naughton ‏@noggers1 15 Oct Just finished my day been to two teams today must say I'm very impressed...