Search results

1. G

R.I.P. Richard Gerdes, (Former Manager of Bankstown Indoor Cricket)

Yesterday a good friend of mine, Richard Gerdes was killed in a car crash near Gerringong. Richard would be well known to anyone who played Grade Cricket and more particularly anyone who played Indoor Cricket, Soccer or Netball at Action Indoor Sport Bankstown, where he was one of the managers...
  2. G

I’m getting really peeved at some thread

Just noticed a thread about our greatest ever stand off. Yes there are some good players on there but much like the half back thread which left out Steve Mortimer, the stand off left out Gary Hughes, and had in there Andrew Farrar who to the best of my knowledge never ever played regularly at...
  3. G

Letter to Bulldogs regarding Suttons and Cummins

Dear Sir/Madam, I write to you today as a passionate fan of over 60 years and a former member, who is very disillusioned with the game at present, particularly the on-ground officiating of our games. I have played, refereed and coached the game at junior league level, and thus consider I know...
  4. G

Best Stadiums you have been to

Been overseas quite a bit in my time. These are the best stadiuns I have been to in order. Cardiff Principality (formerly known as Millenium) Wembley (new) MCG Wembley (old) Marvel (formerly known as Etihad and Docklands) Adelaide Oval Lords Great Tradition but too small to be ranked above...
  5. G

Has anyone here owned a Rescue Dog bought at a Pound?

Hi folks. On Sunday night our beautiful American Staffi (Sadie) passed away aged 11. There is a huge hole in our house and hearts now and every time I turn around she is not there like she usually is. At 67 years of age and my wife 64 we are not going to get a puppy that could outlive us...
  6. G

Keiran Foran

Has anyone heard anything about our submission to the NRL regarding Salary Cao relief for us after his injury in New Zealand? You can bet houses if it was one of the favoured clubs eg Souths we would have heard something before now.
  7. G

Cooper Cronk

Bit out of left field this one, and not sure if anyone else has suggested it so far, because I have not looked at the kennel for a while. Cooper has at best one year left as a player. As we have seen in years gone by with Brett Kimmorley, and back in the 1970's when Bob McCarthy was around to...
  8. G

Referee Stats 2016

I have been keeping stats on referees who do Bulldogs games in 2016, and also on all games refereed by "The Golden Child", Mr G Sutton. Ref Games Av Pen Rate Wins Losses Win % Sutton 2 7-9 1...
  9. G

Switching Centres

Not been watching posts this week, but has anyone suggested switching centres for tonight's game. Jmoz is the best defensive centre in the game as we know. With semi radrada being the main threat, I think playing jmoz on the right for this game to try and cut off his supply of ball to the left...
  10. G

Just sent this to NRL regarding Souths fine.

The NRL has to be the most inconsistent sporting body when it comes to fining clubs for indiscretions. How Souths can only be fined $20,000 for the episode in Arizona which could be considered bringing the game into disrepute, while the Bulldogs get fined $50,000 for being late on the field in...
  11. G

Wayne Bennett's Origin Proposal in this morning's Telegraph

Surprised that no one has mentioned Bennett's thoughts on condensing the origin series to 4 weeks as published in this morning's Telegraph. Basically the three games are played on 3 successive Wednesday Nights, with both states allowed to pick squads of 22 players, 9 days before Origin 1...
  12. G

Last Night's Bulldogs Members Forum

My wife and I went to the Bulldogs Members Forum last night and came away with good impressions of our new CEO Raelene Castle, who is nowin week 7 of her new role. We have every confidence in her that the club is in goodhands. Also there were members of the Membership team, Chairman Ray Dib...
  13. G

Finucane V Eastwood

Was at the game on Saturday and thought Finucane was quiet good. He is more mobile round the park than Eastwood, and can play more minutes. Anyone share my opinion that it might be better to have Eastwood come off the bench when he returns.
  14. G

First time since 1967

I believe this is the first time we have played Souths in a Finals match since 1967. Can't think of another time since. Anyone got any thoughts.