Search results

1. T

Opinion Nick Meaney

depends what his body fat percentage is like, and as i said what natural growth is left in him.
  2. T

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

I'll jump on this and say while i don't think he's near thurston in terms of ability and execution i do think he has great vision. He is too complacent and sticks to structures and trying to set up for something a play or two later rather than taking chances or playing whats in front. Last night...
  3. T

Opinion Team for 2020

1. DWZ 2. Meaney 3. Harper 4. Hopoate 5. Smith 6. Foran 7. Lewis 8. Tolman 9. Cogger 10. Napa 11. Stimson 12. CHN 13. Jackson 14. Elliott 15. RFM 16. To’omaga 17. JMK 18. Smith 19. Ogden
  4. T

Opinion Nick Meaney

I think Lewis fits the team well with another half like Foran, Lewis doesn't have that urgency that Foran has but he is pretty good at looking at the game in a calm way compared to how we used to be when Josh Reynolds was playing. They are polar opposites but i think if Lewis can pinpoint the...
  5. T

Opinion Nick Meaney

Honestly depends how you train and how much development is left in terms of like bone growth, i look completely different to how i was when i was about 19-20, and even then i had put on about 10 kgs from when i was 18 and now an extra 10 since i was 20, and i'm fairly certain i'm faster than i...
  6. T

Harper’s debut

He got better as it went on, he was up against Staggs who is probably one of the strongest centres and seems like a fucking nightmare to tackle
  7. T

News Players let go at end of season confirmed

The blokes stepping up from under 20s who aren't ready for first grade
  8. T

The I’m sorry Adam Elliott thread

I think he is an average player who has a lot of intent, i think he has a lot of stupid mistakes in his game and can push dumb passes and make dumb penalties. If he limited himself to just running hard then i wouldn't have a problem with him, he usually has 1 or 2 stand out games a season. I'm...
  9. T

News Penrith shock Bulldogs in stunning move to secure signature of API Koroisau

Mate he makes shocking decisions on where to pass to in the 20, he fucked up the set up for the field goal last night and he didn't take any runs from dummy half against an exhausted cowboys pack. The one good thing he did last night was the 40/20
  10. T

Jack cogger

Tonight was the night to use him, that last 20 he would have had fresh legs and could have come on for JMK and also would have given more options in the 20. But nah let him sit there, go in against the cowboys pack with one less bloke on the bench, that's a great plan from Pay
  11. T

Absolutely NOTHING between the ears

Would have been the perfect time to bring Cogger on but no...
  12. T

Meaney is a smart footy player, his problem has been his size mainly.
  13. T

Irresponsible and negligent management from Pay

Why are you trying to defend stupid coaching choices with irrelevant things? Cogger could have been brought on in the last 20 to play against an exhausted cowboys but Pay just let him sit there. If he wasn't going to play him he never should have named him
  14. T

Foran, Hoppa, Meaney and CHN are probably the only actual football brain players we have, the rest have the athleticism or effort and ability but not the brains
  15. T

I thought it was fucking dumb then too, why waste a bench spot against a side with forwards like the cowboys have? it's the dumbest fucking thing possible
  16. T

Lewis has nothing as a half

Lewis isn't the problem, he should have been playing all season to improve. We need a hooker
  17. T

Official Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Poor management by Pay and some shit play at dummy half by JMK, poor service and decisions at the most important times. Cogged now sat on the bench 3 games in a row, the cowboys were done with 15 to go and no interchanges and Pay doesn't chuck Cogger on to trouble them? why waste a fucking spot...
  18. T

Mate Cogger has sat on the bench for 3 weeks in a row and not played a minute. Pay is fucked
  19. T

Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

Elliot is the dumbest player, every time I see him running the ball im just frustrated
  20. T

News ‘We’ve got Nick’: Dogs coach casts doubt over star signing’s position

DWZ should be centre over montoya, or wing and remis to centre. Meaney shouldnt be dropped he just needs to bulk up a bit this offseason
  21. T

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BLUDGER OF A SEASON THIS IS

the tries down our left side weren't on the winger, Montoya rushed in every time and they had us for numbers as well
  22. T

Nathan Ross on Ayoub

Rugby League is full of nepotism and our club is one that suffers from it the most. We need a clean out
  23. T

Opinion 2020

At this stage, i wouldn't be keeping Jackson. He just has been stagnant the last couple of years and i don't see him getting back to when he was in peak form and knocking down the door for origin, he's bulked up and lost too much of his ball running ability
  24. T

Opinion Who needs a spoon when you at rock bottom? Ladder please!

why would you need a ladder when you're at the bottom of a ladder....
  25. T

Opinion Montoya get out!

Smith to centre or DWZ, or DWZ to fullback and Meaney to the wing, with Smith going to centre
  26. T

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BLUDGER OF A SEASON THIS IS

feeling a lot like 2008 boys except we don't have any exciting young guns in toyota cup to look forward to now
  27. T

No Source Doggies to pick up a St Merge Centre

Please no, i don't want to hear about any signings until after Pay is gone or we know for sure that he has nothing to do with them. Last thing we need is panic buys from a bloke trying to save his arse and fucking our cap again
  28. T

News I guess all the talk about pay losing the dressing room might be true

If that were true CHN wouldn't be sitting in reserve grade
  29. T

"Captain" Jackson

Foran should be captain or maybe even Napa, someone vocal and aggressive. Jackson is the tolman type, just does his job and he doesn't even do that well lately.
  30. T

Official Round 13 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Jackson was invisible today and Elliot should never see another game in first grade if we want to go by how Pay has treated CHN
  31. T

Official Round 12 - Dogs vs Raiders - Consolidated Match Thread

Also JMK is a fucking dumb shit hooker, never gets the ball where it needs to go
  32. T

The fuck is wrong with Montoya, what a fucking dickead
  33. T

The biggest problem with this team is dean Pay, how do you expect there to be team chemistry or even the right attitude from the team when you have an incompetent coach who drops players for no reason and looks like he has never coached a day in his life
  34. T

Why keep pay in charge of this, he drops people who don’t need it and keeps players who are just shit. No team chemistry or direction because of this prick
  35. T

Why didn’t they wait until at least half way into the season before making a decision on pay, instead we’re stuck with him for another year
  36. T

Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

What do people expect when Pay makes changes every 2 weeks and shows no signs of having a game plan. We dropped Lewis for playing average but he was a large part of the good end to last season that we had, we are going nowhere with Pay as coach
  37. T

Official Round 10 - Dogs vs Titans - Consolidated Match Thread

These ***** are deadset fucking idiots
  38. T

What the fuck was Montoya doing there you fucking dumb shit
  39. T

How is condemning what Folau did the same as defending her? All I said was he caused the current shit storm by himself
  40. T

Small post saying gay people are gonna burn in hell.... he was already warned about that shit the last time he did it
  41. T

Not when your employer has already warned you about it and it’s descriminatory in a game that promotes the inclusion of everyone as well as beinng againg the blanket social media code of conduct that every player agrees to in union
  42. T

Folau did all that damage himself
  43. T

JMK what a dumb fuck, why take the quick tap
  44. T

Pay is a fucking shit coach, he has no idea what he’s doing and obviously is in over his head
  45. T

Cogger is the shittest defensive half
  46. T

Pay axes 3 stars...

I'm getting more and more pissed off every week that pay is our coach, the bloke has no idea and is making it up as he goes.
  47. T

Pay axes 3 stars...

first try was on okunbor, second was holland rushing way in and okunbor had to slide in
  48. T

Official Round 8 - Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Consolidated Match Thread

Our forwards were rolling up the middle towards the end, and Pay still hadn't put Brown on yet. He is a dumb fuck with no game management skills and we desperately need better set plays and overall game awareness
  49. T

Okunbor made that real bad read for the first try was but the second one was because of Holland and all game Holland was making really shit passes or tip ons to okunbor, Okunbor didn't play that well but Holland was shit
  50. T

Honestly Holland was worse than okunbor today
  51. T

Is Nick Meaney the answer to our fullback position in the long term?

Wait til he puts on some size, he already does all the right things you want from a fullback that are harder to teach. Size and a little more support play and he’ll be up there with the best current fullbacks
  52. T

Official Round 7 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Consolidated Match Thread

That is my point, not specifically the minutes just that they are an indication of a shit bench rotation.
  53. T

Did you read what I said? I said having one is alright, two players playing around 20 minutes a game is not what you want on the bench when you have an undersized pack
  54. T

20 minutes for one player maybe, not 2. especially not when we have a weakened forward pack through injury and our forwards were already one of the smallest packs in the comp. Show me one other team in the NRL that has two bench players regularly playing 20 minutes or less a game because chris...
  55. T

Dean Pay has been playing lichaa and smith roughly 20 minutes each, thats a combined 40 minutes from 2 first grade players on a team already lacking in the forwards. Our bench rotation is fucking shit and Pay is a fuckwit
  56. T

8 wins from 30 games since pay

we probably win today with foran
  57. T

Official Round 6 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - Consolidated Match Thread

pretty sure we got more penalties early on, there was shitty refereeing the whole game for both sides and we got away with a lot in the ruck. At the end of the day, we were in position to put more points on the board and we self destructed, we lost our heads and blew our chances when we had them
  58. T

Opinion Nicks finger injury

said he split it down the middle
  59. T

our only plan for hooker was hope that lichaa comes good, I don't know why they don't blood someone young. This season isn't going anywhere so why stick with shit that aren't going to be here after this year, leave lichaa in reserves
  60. T

we let cook go at the same time as ennis didn't we? edit: we didn't we just played him fuck all in his last season with us
  61. T

we havent had a proper hooker since ennis left, lets just let that sink in
  62. T

Opinion Remisssssd

why would you put on lewis if the gameplan is a half each side? cogger needs to get his outside backs early ball or the dummy half needs to actually pay attention to both sides of the ruck, we blew opportunities today because of stupid decisions at dummy half
  63. T

Okunbor dropped please

Give him the season, what else do we have to lose? he either gets better or we know for sure he's not an option in first grade
  64. T

Cogger has shown nothing to give me confidence in him, he offered nothing at all today and stifles the right side attack. We need foran back, but this season is a shit show anyways so who knows what we can look forward to.
  65. T

Rd 6 vs Souths 3-2-1

Meaney was also solid apart from his injury, i like that he is showing good signs early on and is willing to play hurt for the team. Hasn't had a breakout game yet but hasn't played anything less than solid so far
  66. T

Opinion 2020

he makes a lot of dumb decisions and gives away some dumb penalties, their second try came off the back of his penalty
  67. T

Chris Smith

He plays well when he's on, but pay uses the bench in such a fucking dumb way, he ends up playing limited minutes whether he starts or not. He has been better than rhyse martin lately, and martin has been getting a large chunk of minutes even when he's good for some dropped ball, penalties or...
  68. T

It's the fact that the small things aren't being addressed, the stupid little penalties and the lack of direction in the halves especially from cogger. There is no composure in this team and that falls on pay's head
  69. T

Lichaa, rhyse martin and cogger were all hurting our attack in the last 20. Okunbor needs to work on his hands and his positioning and lewis needs to take control more, everyone else played well but we just don't have the experience in the spine that we need to find points. Also fuck i'm loving...
  70. T

Lichaa has no fucking right being in first grade, we need forwards on the bench
  71. T

Opinion Time to go shopping

except that we're blooding juniors because apparently there is no cap space. Meaney has been a good buy so far, same with CHN and Napa before his injury. Cogger is pretty fucking meh, if we had money we need a half, a hooker, a centre and maybe a winger plus 2 or 3 big forwards
  72. T

Opinion Mentally weak

cogger is a dumb shit, okunbor looks shaky under every single high ball even the ones with 0 pressure and we need size in the forwards. rhys martin played like shit and the rest of our forwards weren't too far behind. Great coaching as well, leaving chris smith on the bench until the last 15...
  73. T

Official Round 5 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Meaney is the only player who has looked like a first grader today
  74. T

Official Round 5 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Our team is shit, we pulled 2 good weeks out of our asses and now we’re back to the usual
  75. T

NRL makes massive blunder re Rhyse Martin kicking position.

You adjust the distance from the try line to adjust the angle, you practice more from the sideline because those kicks are further away and the kicks closer in from touch are easier and don’t need as much practice
  76. T

Three huge calls that cost us big time

the penalty try was a penalty try, and i say that as someone who was blowing up about it thinking there was nothing wrong the first time i watched it. He wasn't going for the ball he was hitting chambers and he was a second too early otherwise there would have been no problem.
  77. T

NRL makes massive blunder re Rhyse Martin kicking position.

side line isn't an easier shot, taking it further back from the tryline makes the angle better, not taking it wider out closer to the sideline, a 30m kick 10 in from touch is so much easier than a 30m kick on the sideline
  78. T

Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Yeah I don’t know why he just ran straight and upright without really trying to steam roll Hughes
  79. T

It’s more to do with how he runs than experience, look at how evasive Meaney even with no room. Okunbor just needs a little bit of footwork and to work on his catvhing under the highball
  80. T

Okunbor needs to work on his footwork when he’s in the open, he always heads straight for the fullback and I reckon if he had a step we score of at least one of those breaks he made
  81. T

Opinion Would Lewis work at hooker?

Lewis takes time on the ball, that would be terrible from a hooker
  82. T

Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

the 2 hooker thing falls apart when both hookers are pretty shit
  83. T

News Pay To Wield The Axe - Potential Round 3 Team

Why would you drop Crichton?
  84. T

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Montoya is fucking useless
  85. T

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Pays gameplan is fucking hopeless, every scrum has been a one out pass to Crichton. Absolutely no set plays at all
  86. T

News The Matty Johns Podcast: Comments from Kent and Johns

Why would Napa and chn be on notice, they weren’t among the worst out there last week
  87. T

Opinion Pay out-coached by Kearney

The no kicking on the last, or kicks coming from second rowers and centres is shit that he lets happen. Coaches maximise what they have, he has no clue at all and never has any answers either
  88. T

Funnily enough the new guys are the only ones who played alright, think that says something about our coaching and development
  89. T

Pay has the mentality of under 18s coaches, go out and play hard. He’s never going to get the potential out of everyone and he has no awareness in planning. He also picks the fucking team
  90. T

Earlier it was the refs and now it’s this, no doubt it was meaningful for them but we played shit. We were in it for 10 minutes and then pissed away any chance after that
  91. T

Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Hoppa to centre and Meaney to fullback should be the very first thing done. We need the players that hurt the team out of first grade and Montoya is horrible
  92. T

every coach we have should be out the door
  93. T

sure it's not just the refs they're angry at?
  94. T

if anyone needs the sack it's the conditioning coach
  95. T

CHN came on in the first half, and the penalties are 3-2 if you hadn't noticed.
  96. T

fuck fualalo is gassed already, heavy legs and no urgency to slide.
  97. T

limited opportunities because we've been doing fuck all with field position. Every kick has been shit, the kick chase isn't putting any pressure on and there has been no attempt to pin the warriors in their own 10 or 20 even. they've been finishing every set in our 40 because our kicking game is...
  98. T

if you're talking about the overturned dropout, RTS didn't ground the ball he knocked it back and it came off Montoya before it went dead