Search results

1. Papa Joe

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

Next minute.... CC throws his usual spanner in the works- Ciraldo names his run on side 1 hour prior to kick off, names Taaffe at lock and Curran goes back to the bench and King comes in for Hayward. 1. Connor Tracey But plays 7. 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh...
  2. Papa Joe

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

We know CC has changed the run on on side in every round this year 1 hour prior to kick off from what he named earlier in the week. I expect nothing different this week, and the team will change as it always has. My guess is that Hayward comes out for another middle forward - preferably king...
  3. Papa Joe

Team against the knights

We know CC plays silly buggers with the team he names and then changes them at run on. The team I think he names is - 1. Taaffe 2. Kiraz 3. Xerri 4. Crichton 5. Fox 6. Burton 7. Hutch 8. Patalo 9. Reed 10. Faamausili 11. Kikua 12. Curran 13. Salmon 14. Tracey 15. Hughes 16...
  4. Papa Joe

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

"KEEP EM CURRAN"
  5. Papa Joe

Opinion Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

WE WILL finish 6th or 7th at the end of the regular season.
  6. Papa Joe

Cameron Ciraldo

THIS!!!
  7. Papa Joe

Super proud tonight

Super proud, the only thing we missed is game management in the last 6 minutes. Instead of that bomb that Kikau ended up with for a second kick, it should have been a kick to the corner 5 out and tackle our way to victory. That was the one that got away, although it proved that "The Bulldogs...
  8. Papa Joe

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

I smell an ambush...... you can see on the footage that Tracey has his calf wrapped - It's a bluff & based around "The Art Of War" Theory, act weak when your strong.
  9. Papa Joe

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Sounds like Critta back to Centre & most likely Tracey to Fullback. I like it as it stiffen our defence up which is what we need V Storm, also gives us at least 1 tall winger against their 2 tall ones. Tis move makes me more cofident.
  10. Papa Joe

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Can anyone shed some light on Harry Hayes, how does he go? https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/harry-hayes/
  11. Papa Joe

Opinion WTF … luxury signing Kikau ??

Add Tracey, Mann & King and you've got my top 6 so far this season. My Top 6 Kikau Curran Preston Tracey Mann King 3 of them are this years signings 2 of them according to Buzz are only left overs from other teams.
  12. Papa Joe

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

I'd prefer to give this a crack 1. Wilson 2. Kiraz 3. Xerri 4. Crichton 5. Foxx IMO, we need at least 1 winger with some size for our kick returns..... in saying that Tracey plays well above his weight - he is a tough little bugger.
  13. Papa Joe

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Don't know if this is true, but I watched the replay last night of the Good Friday match and noticed Critta was off big time...... may be some truth to the story.
  14. Papa Joe

News MR SIX PER CENT! BULLDOGS ONLY WIN ONE FROM 15 GAMES UNDER SUTTON

Hey Jackson, thanks for posting this article. Can you tell me where you found this article though as I can't find it on the Daily Telegraph website?
  15. Papa Joe

Sutton Appointed again to bulldogs vs Rabbitohs game.

I was thinking of another Tony... Tony Montana
  16. Papa Joe

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

You can't win games on defence alone, but there is one thing for sure.... YOU MOST CERTAINLY WILL LOSE EVERY GAME WITH INEPT DEFENCE!!!
  17. Papa Joe

Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

Can he punch out 60 minutes playing in the Front Row???
  18. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

They've battened down the hatches already. They know that our game against the Titans is our best chance at snagging a win with a tough draw ahead. I hate to say it, but it's only round 3 and already we're talking about it being a "Must Win Game".
  19. Papa Joe

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

This morning on his regular appearance "The Back Page With Michael Carayannis" on The Breakfast Show with Vossy & Brandy on SEN, Carayannis reports that big Nelson is on the outer at the Melbourne Storm. He says that they are not happy with his attitude and apparently when he comes back from...
  20. Papa Joe

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

I'll be honest in saying that I love Foxx & Wilson, both whole hearted players. BUT, unfortunately with our forwards being so light, we would really benefit by having a couple of heavy weight wingers & centres for those play 1 & 2 carries. Enter Skelton & Xerri - both built like backrowers but...
  21. Papa Joe

News They are so weak’: Bulldogs’ ‘big deficiency’ laid bare as key selection battle slammed

I think it's very plain to see what Ciraldo is doing with team selections. CC came over a the defensive coach that created the all conquering Panthers defence, but yet we were last years worst defensive team. That would have hurt CC. This year defence is the one area that we will have vast...
  22. Papa Joe

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

That's where you are wrong, because in that scenario you should "Play Like A Clown"..... see, simples!!!
  23. Papa Joe

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

To the point of clowns and trying to relate that word to this article pointing out Tetavano's training standards, please everybody remember this point HOW CAN YOU PLAY LIKE A CHAPION WHEN YOU TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN!!! TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN, PLAY LIKE A CLOWN - TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION, PLAY LIKE A...
  24. Papa Joe

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Gus continues with his "Money Ball" style of recruitment. I like this fella, he will come good for us. We all want success now because we have been starved of it although we probably won't get it, but I like how we are shaping up for the next couple of seasons moving forward. Investing in good...
  25. Papa Joe

3.2.1 vs sharks

I watched Xerri very closely tonight, he was excellent with our play 2 carry coming out of yardage. He just kept turning up all night long. IMO he has done enough to grab a round 1 start.
  26. Papa Joe

Watch The Bulldogs On Kayo For Cheaper

No. As I live in Canberra and don't get to the games I don't need a membership that gives me game access, although my digital membership does make me an official member. Different clubs offer different inclusions with their Digital membership.
  27. Papa Joe

I take my Chromecast with me everywhere when I'm away from my place. It's the best.
  28. Papa Joe

True, but here at home we enjoy the NBA & NFL in the off season, my son likes the WWE.... etc, etc, etc There's alot of other sports on Kayo in the off season if that's your thing.
  29. Papa Joe

Sorry buddy. But if you haven't payed for the 12 months up front, you can close it as it should be a no lock in contract and then re subscribe through the AFL membership at the end of the month before your next payment. My new membership only took a couple of hours to receive my code and be...
  30. Papa Joe

You can choose any AFL club you want, it doesn't matter where you live. If you don't have a team yet, maybe jump on over to the Carlton Navy Blues - we are just about to enter our 5 year premiership window. Similar to our Bulldogs they haven't tasted premiership glory for a long time (1995) but...
  31. Papa Joe

Hi Everyone. I only jus found a loophole to buy a Kayo 12 month subscription and save at least 30%. Currently Kayo Basic with 2 screens costs around $30 a month but is going up at the end of February. The AFL have a deal with every club that they can sell what's called a yearly "Digital...
  32. Papa Joe

News Jayden Tanner

I think it was Penrith on a train & trial.... He mustn't have trained or trialed too well !!!
  33. Papa Joe

Connor Tracy

I honestly believe that he & Taaffe could be this years solution to our Fullback & Halfback positions, Both being able to smash both positions. Disclaimer of course - IN MY Honest Opinion ............ which we are all entitled to.
  34. Papa Joe

Connor Tracy

Agree He will be the 2024 "BUY OF THE YEAR"!!!
  35. Papa Joe

News Liam Knight

Now that his love life is sorted, it's coming. It's all about balance.
  36. Papa Joe

News Liam Knight

That's where I believe your wrong as practice makes perfect and will help with other stats. I think we all agree that what we need from them is to repeatedly take it hard straight up the middle. If they achieve this then everyone involved will finally realise reaching the most exhilarating of...
  37. Papa Joe

Connor Tracy

With the way the fullback position has changed since Billy Slater paved a new way, I agree that in our squad he is our best option at fullback. But I do love the fact that both he and Blake Taaffe grew up playing in the halves and will be putting pressure on the other halves for a spot. IMO...
  38. Papa Joe

Connor Tracy

I remember watching him at Souths when Wayne Bennett gave him his debut as a half back and played a few games. From then I actually posted in a "Rebuild Thread " that he was a player off contract that peaked my interest and hoped that we would buy him. Then he signed for the Sharks. IMO, he...
  39. Papa Joe

Entire 2021 squad gone.

Bulldog's story is wrong if the photo in the Telegraph is correct as it has Chris Patolo in it and he is still with us.
  40. Papa Joe

Opinion Sam Hughes

I listened to all the other podcasts, but I didn't catch the Edwards one. Can you please tell me where to find that one?
  41. Papa Joe

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

It's All About The Love Baby!!!
  42. Papa Joe

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2024-transfer-hub-dragons-miss-out-again-as-raiders-reject-release-request-20240116-p5exlb.html SYDNEY MORNING HERALD The Bulldogs have reached out to Taylan May’s management to express interest in the Penrith outside back if he wants to leave the reigning...
  43. Papa Joe

Jeral Skelton

If my memory serves me correct, Xerri played all his time at centre on the right side. Willie Mason also confirmed on his Levels Podcast that "Xerri Is a right side centre" earlier this week when they previewed the Bulldogs squad. Bulldog Preview at around the 1Hr 17Min mark
  44. Papa Joe

The Bulldogs Round 1 team as selected by The Kennel

I think the starting side is spot on - I think the only variable will be if Taaffe can force either Tracey out or Sexton IMO. By all reports, I have a feeling Xerri has done enough to get first crack. I do think however the bench is a little lite - Mann & Hughes are a lock, but I'd guess we end...
  45. Papa Joe

Opinion Any Interest In Pene ?

I used to love a late night puttanesca......... ah how the times they change as the years move on.
  46. Papa Joe

Opinion Pre Season Training

I agree with you. I reckon it will be revealed at seasons end that Foxx will not be with us next year. IMO, they will spin it by saying that Foxx has approached them about an early release wanting to link up with his Brothers at Souths - Latrell, Cody, Jack Wighton. At some stage we will...
  47. Papa Joe

Fave song lyric / 1 liner

It's pretty simple, and it must be at the forefront of every single players mind in the Bulldogs squad - "THERE'S NO EASY WAY OUT" "THERE'S NO SHORTCUT HOME" Should be our team motto and be played on repeat when the boys are training and deep in the trenches.
  48. Papa Joe

AARON PENE POSITION Prop WEIGHT 107 kg HEIGHT 190 cm (6' 3") DATE OF BIRTH 26/09/1995 (28 years old) ELIGIBILITY Samoa PLACE OF BIRTH Auburn, NSW https://www.zerotackle.com/storm-forward-gaining-interest-from-several-clubs-205027/ The Melbourne Storm could be set to lose...
  49. Papa Joe

Time to stop talking about it, time to put Pene to paper!!!
  50. Papa Joe

And just because I have a lifetime of history growing up as a spaghetti muncha VERMECELL'E - every day of the week if I had my way (that is the very thin long spaghetti) Sauce - Either Napolitana (tomato based, plain or ragout style ) Or Bianco (with olive oil) served with pan fried garlic...
  51. Papa Joe

YES I WOULD TAKE HIM and I think so would Gus as he fits his favorite 2 criteria - GOOD & CHEAP (the good part improves with the cheap part).
  52. Papa Joe

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

The Player I believe has the ability to have the biggest impact on our season is one very left of field, no one on here would ever think it could be him. The way I see it, If this guy has his best ever season and finally fulfill his potential along with us having a fully fit squad - then we are...
  53. Papa Joe

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

I would prefer to ask this question- Which player having a breakout year performance wise will have the biggest bearing on the team having a successful season and help us make the top 8?
  54. Papa Joe

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

I think most of us will agree that our front row is currently our weakest link in our current squad. But there is one big factor in our favour for the performance of our Current Front Rowers for this season that we all forgot about - including me. Max King Only Contracted For Season 2024 Liam...
  55. Papa Joe

Where will we finish.

13 - 17 Wins, it's great to finally see your inner positive streak shine.
  56. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

That Rumour is Bullshit as Hamlin-Uele is Off Contract at the end of 2024. He may well go to the Warriors, but as a free agent & not as a part of any swap deal.
  57. Papa Joe

2024 Bulldogs Finals Bound!?

OK, so I am the ever optimist when it comes to our chances - which ever year it is!!! We will be the big surprise packet of the season - Top 4 Finish Grand Final Appearance Critta scores a try in 5 straight grand finals We hoist the trophy aloft after an extra time classic, Burton slices...
  58. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

He wants us to "Fly Under The Radar"
  59. Papa Joe

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

Rewind back to Seasons end 2022 and just remember how much we were all praising the efforts of Max King. We also praised the efforts of Gus to pluck him from obscurity and watch him turn into one of our favourite players. Come 2023, the poor bloke played virtually the entire season busted and...
  60. Papa Joe

Our 2024 fullback is…

Personally I don't think you can simply look at each position individually without considering what effect it has on the rest of the team. For example, playing Crichton at fullback leaves us particularly vulnerable in our weakest defensive area of the field - Centre, where we are also weak in...
  61. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

I think they created the "block content" feature so that those who are offended or sick of them can do so. But it seems that the Mods were previously happy on the other hand for more content and posts to be made for some reason, no matter how offensive they are. I personally drew the line after...
  62. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

My Life on the kennel has been so much better since I've blocked content from this clown. Infact, if everyone simply blocked these clowns and ignored their content then eventually they'd stop because their main purpose is simply to get your reaction. The only trouble is that clowns like him...
  63. Papa Joe

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

And still earn his million dollars a season at the same time..... he was never going to give up the coin.
  64. Papa Joe

Burtons best position?

That's what I'm praying for Steve.
  65. Papa Joe

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

He wants the Premiership & the 1 million dollar pay packet..... he won't get that at Penrith.
  66. Papa Joe

Also, I got confirmation from a Souths source from within saying that AFB desperately wanted to get to Souths and that they were his stand out first choice, but Souths couldn't afford his million dollar price tag under the cap and had to knock him back. The guy is chasing a million dollars +...
  67. Papa Joe

Burtons best position?

I agree with you Steve, Anasta was a great player- especially for us. But already in his infant career Burton has already ticked 2 of those boxes in playing for NSW and Australia. I loved Anasta in the Blue and white, but it is my honest opinion I believe Burton has a higher ceiling, just my...
  68. Papa Joe

Burtons best position?

I thank God that we have got him locked up for a few more years to come, because IMO he will end up being one of the best 6's in the game for a long time. Judge him when he is playing behind a Pack that is dominating and with a halfback that controls the game. Question: How do you think Burton...
  69. Papa Joe

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

My favorite ever Bulldogs Player is also a man who I would describe as - The Best Ever Club Footballer Of All Time - IMO he had a bearing on the outcome of club games more than any other player in my time. TERRY "BAA" LAMB If he were in his prime, you could drop him in our team right now & we...
  70. Papa Joe

Merry Christmas to Everyone on TK.

And a Merry Christmas to you & all your family 1967 - May everyone be safe and well over the festive season.
  71. Papa Joe

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Royce Hunt is contracted for 2024 & 2025, Oregon Kaufusi is contracted for 2024 with a mutual option for 2025. The most likely would be Braden Hamlin-Uele who is contracted for 2024 only and IMO the one most likely to move from the Sharks, if not pushed early to make cap space for AFB. Unless...
  72. Papa Joe

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Next Minute..... Joey Manu signs 5 year deal to play fullback with the Bulldogs, merry Christmas fans !!!
  73. Papa Joe

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

It's not what they pay their players on the books as we all know that's legit. It's the wads of cash they stuff in sports bags and give to their players for daily living. It's the free luxury cars that the players and their wives get to cruise around in. It's the beachside side mansions which...
  74. Papa Joe

We Badly need a world class 10. It's all starting to make sense now, we must be saving all our bucks for this guy!!!
  75. Papa Joe

My only hope is that we are playing hard to get FFS.
  76. Papa Joe

News The Canterbury Utilitydogs: How does the puzzle fit together in 2024?

There's nothing more encouraging for a player who wants to nail down a set starting spot & set position, than to be continually told he is a utility. The Canterbury Bulldogs of 2024 - The team of opportunity.
  77. Papa Joe

Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

I don't read it that way IMO, all the this "It's Up To Burto Talk" is all about sticking a rocket up Burto so performs at his best, no more excuses. CC said that one big attraction for coming to the Dogs was because Burto was here, and believe me when I say playing Burto in the centres is not...
  78. Papa Joe

That's what I expect as Mahoney normally plays 80 and the middle is where we need help. But Ciraldo also said that they Bought Mann as their utility, meaning that having him on the bench means that wherever we may have an injury or a HIA during a game - 9, halves, outside backs, edge forward or...
  79. Papa Joe

Opinion Fanoua Blake in Kikau out

Bullshit Story.... Bullshit Idea IMO
  80. Papa Joe

IMO, 7 was a battle between Sexton & Taaffe but unfortunately with Tracey's injury it probably means Taaffe will most likely start at Fullback now. The other option to play Taaffe at 7 would be if Skelton is god enough to cover centre with Critta going to Fullback. With Tracey now out for a...
  81. Papa Joe

News What exactly are Phil Gould and his Bulldogs up to?

Just another article from another writer that by the end of the 2024 season We Can Stick It Fair Up There @R$E Please keep the motivational articles coming you journalistic clowns.
  82. Papa Joe

News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

SEN reported this morning that he tweaked his calf in his last training session with the Sharks. As calves can be tricky, I'm sure they will err on the side of caution and I'm guessing that Gus telling us its a 6 week lay off is worst case scenario...
  83. Papa Joe

Klemmer back to the dogs?

The journalists were also conflicted in there stories - one said that the Tigers offered Klemmer to Gus & the other said that Gus asked them if Klemmer was available - which would be a way for the Tigers to deny that it is them who is looking to shop him out. They shot themselves in the foot...
  84. Papa Joe

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

If we end up with this line up then forget finals, we will be pushing for top 4 IMO... 1. Connor Tracey 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Foxx 6. Matt Burton 7. Blake Taaffe (IMO, he will kill it at 7 - our secret weapon) 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Addin Fonua-Blake...
  85. Papa Joe

Found out today that Klemmer's manager is Isaac Moses and Gus refuses to deal with him. Based on that alone I will draw to the conclusion that Klemmer won't be back at the Dogs.
  86. Papa Joe

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

Brent Read has been very cheeky regarding anything us lately, I don't know what's all of a sudden gotten up his arse!!!
  87. Papa Joe

Official Gus on Twitter

One of very few people on here that seems to always make sense, I'm with you my friend. THE CANTERBURY BULLDOGS WILL PLAY FINALS IN 2024!!!
  88. Papa Joe

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Maybe to appease us fans who can see the glaring issue of us not having any world class middle forwards and so we believe that he is trying to do something about it. I hope not, but it could be that he really isn't our number one target.
  89. Papa Joe

I FOUND THE BEST SOLUTION Send Klemmer to the Warriors Immediately & we Get AFB Now!!! Let's just hope the Tigers or the Warriors don't negotiate a direct swap deal between themselves or we are jammed.
  90. Papa Joe

Only if it is no more than $500k per season & only if it doesn't risk us getting AFB.
  91. Papa Joe

SEN Interview Pt 1 & 2 - Phil Gould confirms interest in Addin Fonua-Blake, concedes lack of depth in forwards.

Go to "GM Of Football At The Canterbury Bulldogs" link, to listen to the interview. Pt 1 and 2 on separate links. https://www.sen.com.au/programs/the-jimmy-smith-show/
  92. Papa Joe

Could This Be The Prop Headed Our Way for The 2024 Season

After His brother and South Sydney legend Sam Burgess got the arse from the club recently, in his interview on the Let's Trot Podcast Latrell Mitchell joked and agreed with host Josh Mansour that of all people that Thomas Burgess would be the last allowed on a deserted island with him, Infact he...
  93. Papa Joe

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

David Riccio has doubled down this morning on SEN radio stating that he expects Connor Tracey to be announced at the Bulldogs before the end of the week. Also says he believes Sharks looking to get a player in return. Bulldogs talk around the 6min 30 sec mark on "The Back Page With David...
  94. Papa Joe

He Good!!!! Cracking pace off the mark, Good ball playing ability Can handle himself in defence. He makes our first 17 every day of the week and IMO has a bearing on the outcome of our games. Centre & wing would be his least suitable positions I'd say, better utilised as a spine player.
  95. Papa Joe

If this signing comes to fruition then I think it says more about playing the games current best centre at centre which IMO is where Crichton is best suited. Then IMO it leaves the following players fighting it out for the following positions which are up for grabs - Fullback - Out Of Blake...
  96. Papa Joe

IMO, this guy is still un-tapped.