Search results

1. A

Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Thanks mate! I've never been called a virtual god before. The power of being independent, i don't have to toe the line. The DT have been worse than ever this year. The lows they went to for this story are further proof of how desperate they are. Someone had to say something, even if its just...
  2. A

Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Hi guys, I'm not a Bulldogs fan myself, I'm a Rugby League fan. And this whole Mad Monday saga is utter BS. I wrote this about it today https://realsport101.com/news/sports/rugby/rugby-league/nrl-sad-monday/ I'm sick of the lengths the DT will go to just to crap on the game. This was a new low.
  3. A

Hopoate is not a fullback

The only problem with this idea is that Hopoate has no idea at all about line running. In his current style, he'd be worse than ever in the back row. I'd park him on the wing until his contract ends. He doesn't run with much impact, he struggled to break the line and gets sideways too early...
  4. A

Hopoate is not a fullback

If you look at the stats for Hopoate, they just don't stack up for a fullback. However they show that he does all the things you expect from a winger. Why not shift B Moz to Fullback and Hopoate on the wing? Morris is a vastly better kick returner, breaks the line more and busts just as many...
  5. A

Aaron Woods committed, but Bulldogs cap uncertainty impacting on players

If their contracts end and they don't find another club, they become unemployed. Or there could be a huge unrest at the club that forces players to get the shits and demand a release which means the club doesn't need to pay them out as the player is breaking the contract.
  6. A

Aaron Woods committed, but Bulldogs cap uncertainty impacting on players

Brooks was actually retained on around the same money as he was already on (some suggestions made that he took a modest pay cut to help the club fit in Tedesco, Woods and Moses before they all scarpered. Chris Lawrence took a pay cut last year Farah won't be on the clubs books next year...
  7. A

Where have the good journalists all gone ?

Most of the good journos have become independents. Plenty of sites exist for sport news that aren't mainstream but have top quality writers. www.commentaryboxsports.com is good for a lot of Aussie sport content
  8. A

Bulldogs Statistician/Historian

As an update, we contacted Todd Greenberg 2 weeks ago, he said he'd speak to Terry and get back to us Still waiting....
  9. A

Terry Lamb... first player EVER to play 350 first grade games :-)

That was my post at LU. We found video footage of Lamb playing Round 17 in 1980, as well as finding Lamb was credited with 18 games in Wests 1980 annual report. The RLW magazines also supported our data, we went so far as to verify every game Lamb played for Wests and we come up with 88 games...
  10. A

Yeah, he played reserve grade, round 1,1986 and the played first grade off the bench on the same day
  11. A

Emailed Clint Crofts yesterday all of our research. I see this morning that Lamb's career games on the Bulldogs website has been updated. Great stuff!
  12. A

We have sent our findings off to David Middleton. He's going to call us on Friday. Should have more info for you all then. Thanks for the help guys
  13. A

feel free to send me a pm.
  14. A

I first saw him when I was writing match reports for Rugby League News magazine last year, when he picked out some big Maori in the Storm front row to start a brawl with. I liked his ticker.
  15. A

Partially, yes.
  16. A

What we'd most probably find is that the ads would dramatically slow the site down. The amount of data the site is carrying is immense, which explains why there is very little in way of images or ads. We don't want the site to slow down, as we feel its speed is what adds to it's effectiveness.
  17. A

We used to be amazed at how in depth stats were for every game of Test cricket and all test cricketers and wondered why Rugby League couldn't have the same. We're just fans wanting to give the fans all the info on all the games, clubs and its players. And it will always be completely free...
  18. A

Thanks Aaron! I have just sent you a brief email mate. I hope we can have a quick chat today sometime. Thanks again.
  19. A

Thanks mate. We're working on some major stuff at the moment especially on our English results side of things. Also have created some magnificent affiliations with fellow well known and highly respected RL authors/historians and statisticians. Going to be a busy and exciting off-season...
  20. A

Hi guys, I'm curious if anyone has any contact details for the people behind the official stats etc on the Bulldogs website. I help run the website Rugby League Project and we are investigating some data which we have different to some other sources for a few players from the Bulldogs...