Search results

1. Sweet Pete 16

Can anybody else feel this?

We had all our competition points taken off after 17 wins in a row - the biggest winning streak bar 1 in the history of the game - not easy to win with 3 weeks to make up the points that the other teams had all year to do. Highest try scorer of 2002? Nigel Vagana with 23 tries. Highest point...
  2. Sweet Pete 16

Active Bulldogs Captains

They list Solomon "Help me mum" Haumono as a noteable player?
  3. Sweet Pete 16

Can anybody else feel this?

Didn't we win a GF in there somewhere? Also the great 2002 year before salary cap?
  4. Sweet Pete 16

Common surnames

Years ago working at Harvey Norman a German guy came in and his surname was Muller and I told him that was my grandmothers name. He replied "Every man in the shop is a Muller" (I guess thats the german equivalent to "every man and his dog....")
  5. Sweet Pete 16

Brand Yourself a Bulldog for Life

Yeah I got mine after the 2004 GF but here in sunny qld it's gotten a bit weathered. Still I meet heaps of people with the "old" logo. I was speaking to Jason Hetherington one night and he said all the players he played with have them but it's not the club logo, more the old-old sort with the...
  6. Sweet Pete 16

Foran not leaving Manly!

You really hate him don't you lalalalala? Did he steal your mrs or something?
  7. Sweet Pete 16

Josh Morris in shock Test call-up

Hardly first choice for starting line up
  8. Sweet Pete 16

England 4 nations squad

I was confused:confused:
  9. Sweet Pete 16

2012 Membership Slogan

They aren't going with "Stay Tuned" ?
  10. Sweet Pete 16

Playing down a Manly exodus

Manly's coach-in-waiting Geoff Toovey says he's confident players will want to stay at the NRL club despite Des Hasler's move to the Bulldogs in 2013. The Manly board met on Monday night and gave Toovey a two-year deal to take over as head coach in 2013 following an increased role as Hasler's...
  11. Sweet Pete 16

Jim Dymock Announced As Coach For 2012, Assistant To Des in 2013

He should have been captain in 2009 - he did a better job of talking to the players than *****cat
  12. Sweet Pete 16

So does Des get the same $$$ if he comes over early? Or does his 3 year contract just begin in 2012?
  13. Sweet Pete 16

Actually they were skirting around answering what would happen if Manly sacked Hasler mid season
  14. Sweet Pete 16

2012 So everyone is excited now about Des coming in 2013, rumoured eagles players with him, rumoured SBW resigning etc etc etc. What's happening in 2012? Are we just writing it off and waiting for the following year? I heard of supposed supporters apparently going to quit following the...
  15. Sweet Pete 16

Bunji reveals full story about the night at maccas

Where's pope benedict with his canonisation? Spent day raising money for charity, gave homeless people burgers, smiled for kids and people pick on me
  16. Sweet Pete 16

Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Woah this is out of control. Just read this then googled it and there are soooooo many stories "supporting" this. Cumberland Courier Newspapers, Herald Sun, The Australian, foxsports.com.au, dailytelegraoh.com.au, bigpond sport...... etc etc and so forth
  17. Sweet Pete 16

Seafood

Not a fan of seafood aside from reef fish. Don't eat anything from Gladstone harbour since they have banned fishing when fishermen started getting sick from catching blind barra. http://m.theage.com.au/queensland/fishermen-blame-water-for-breakout-of-boils-20111004-1l79q.html
  18. Sweet Pete 16

What did you eat today?

Cup of coffee, pie & veg, more coffee, can of mother, jam donuts, lamb-tomato-advocado-roll, mandarin, muesli bar.... but its still only 2 in the morning
  19. Sweet Pete 16

And you thought Dogs fans were racist...

**shakes head at The Game**
  20. Sweet Pete 16

Requesting Kennel Help!!!!

Motion carried
  21. Sweet Pete 16

Eels Sign Hopoate - CONFIRMED

I thought Manly had him signed for two years after his return?
  22. Sweet Pete 16

Titans' offer to Todd Carney based on model which saved Greg Bird

For sure, but it looks like GCT might have some idea on how to handle the problems he has after their dealings with Bird instead of most people on here's plan of "let him do what he likes as long as he plays good football". Hope he can turn himself around.
  23. Sweet Pete 16

Bulldogs' decision to axe prop is vindicated

I believe the saying goes "good riddance to bad rubbish".
  24. Sweet Pete 16

FaceBreakers new sig

you'd have to give it a bit of a rub if you were posing for an underwear shoot... imagine if there was loose material in front? lmao
  25. Sweet Pete 16

GlobalShopDirect Ads

Youre right there mate. He says "It's BUDGET love" - is it his much younger mrs or is it his daughter? In which case, why is he in the bathroom with her?
  26. Sweet Pete 16

Worst Number Plates

Worked with a girl who had 81 GRL since she was born in 1981 but sold it after getting plenty of attention from other BI grls
  27. Sweet Pete 16

DES hasler

Cleary has signed with Penrith
  28. Sweet Pete 16

GlobalShopDirect Ads

Product description The Potty Putter is so addictive you will want one for home and one for the office! So whether you need some more bemusement in the loo or you just need to put in some serious practice time, the Potty Putter is a sure fire way to iron out the kinks in your putting game...
  29. Sweet Pete 16

Do you ever?

That's possibly the most vain thing I have ever heard.
  30. Sweet Pete 16

Should fatties wear tights?

You'd love Gladstone mate. The only saving grace is those denim looking tights that don't show every bump.
  31. Sweet Pete 16

Melissa Doyle

she'd eat that too
  32. Sweet Pete 16

New Zealand Rugby League

Just hope its not a repeat of the under 20's
  33. Sweet Pete 16

Bold font

Did you try clicking on the big B?
  34. Sweet Pete 16

2011 Grand Final Superthread

If the warriors play like they did last night i reckon they'll smash manly. still seeing cherry-evans/foran vs johnson/maloney will be awesome.
  35. Sweet Pete 16

Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Elijah Taylor Is he worth looking at as a five-eighth?
  36. Sweet Pete 16

Toyota cup!!!

Just saw the end... ouch. Glad thats over
  37. Sweet Pete 16

Solution? Have Your Say

LMFAO:roflol:
  38. Sweet Pete 16

Sit or stand?

OK I know this is f**ked up but a few days ago my wife was talking to the girls she works with and the subject of wiping your ass came up.... don't ask me how, I think it's a girl thing. Anyway, they started asking the guys and we seem to have a hung jury out there. My question is Do you...
  39. Sweet Pete 16

Hopes for our draw in 2012

Thank god we only played that s**tty Brisbane only once.
  40. Sweet Pete 16

Hull KR set to appoint Kevin Moore as their new coach

Actually it's more like the car not performing the way it is supposed to.... a more likely analogy. If a car is having problems and you have little mechanical knowledge then you're not going to get to where you want to be. It was the same with the players and also Moore not knowing how to fix...
  41. Sweet Pete 16

Is he Jesus?

I'm gunna go with middle eastern heritage and standing in the sun all day everyday he might not have been too white.
  42. Sweet Pete 16

NRL referee questioned by police

Bill Harrigan will spin it again and say nothing was wrong. Thinking now I should have changed my name to Lamb.... what a tool!
  43. Sweet Pete 16

Dean Collis

I am not sure but do you think Hickey was thinner than Georgie Rose?
  44. Sweet Pete 16

Played well against the Boncos - but have heard he signed with Newcastle
  45. Sweet Pete 16

Hodges' hit on Morris under NRL scrutiny

Hodges is a dog, plain and simple. Any oportunity he gets to sink the boot in (metaphorically) and he will.
  46. Sweet Pete 16

Is he Jesus?

He looks exactly like David Koresh doesn't he? There was a guy in town 20 years ago that said he was jesus - he got locked up, repeatedly, in the mental health unit.
  47. Sweet Pete 16

The Consolidated Boxing Thread

Mayweather in the 4th
  48. Sweet Pete 16

Motivate me.

Isn't it school holidays tomorrow?
  49. Sweet Pete 16

Penalties and home grounds

I went to a game in Brisbane in 2004 - Bulldogs won 46-18 - and there was scarcely a Brisbane fan to be seen 20 minutes into the second half. Sooked and went home without even seeing the game out.
  50. Sweet Pete 16

Big Todd Carney Rumor!

It's not like Carney is an 18yo kid... he's supposed to be a man, maybe he should start to act like one?
  51. Sweet Pete 16

Happy birthday to...

Happy Birthday
  52. Sweet Pete 16

Brett Morris

Lockyer had surgery straight after the game and is a hopeful for next week. He has had 3 or 4 plates put in his face. Brett was awesome to take the jump last night on a broken leg. Reminiscent of John Sattler's broken jaw or even Mark O'Meley in origin.
  53. Sweet Pete 16

The Wrestling Thread (Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, TNA)

Cena was supposed to be the establishment for CM Punk to rebel against ie Stone Cold vs the Rock when he was the corporation. It didn't work because Cena is needed to be a jobber to put so many other people over, hence why HHH was bought into it. Expect to see HHH win but have Kevin Nash...
  54. Sweet Pete 16

Penalties and home grounds

Yeah I noticed the Brisbane games both last week and last night.... was wondering if the refs are listening to the commentators though because out of the blue the coms say "the penalty count is 5-1 in favour of the broncos" and the refs give one to the saints for too long in the tackle. Can't...
  55. Sweet Pete 16

Justin Hodges and that tackle ...

I have always hated Hodges and I won't say what I was yelling last night in the name of political correctness. But it was a total dog act and I hope someone returns the favour sometime. He was well aware that Morris was injured, not sure who the other dragons player was standing over him but...
  56. Sweet Pete 16

Warriors and the football gods.

Yep. Went to the game dogs v boncos years ago and the bris fans were leaving half way through the 2nd half. Full time all that was left was a sea of blue and white heading down the street singing "who let the dogs out" .... oh and my broncos supporter mate who was very quiet amongst it all.
  57. Sweet Pete 16

Warriors and the football gods.

Don't worry - Bill Harrigan will be on NRL.com telling everyone that the referees were 100% right. Funny how even when video replays show that a call was completely wrong he can still say they were right. Um just a question - I hear every week that video refs can't rule on a forward pass.... why?
  58. Sweet Pete 16

Big Todd Carney Rumor!

Russell needs someone to get excited about. It's the most plausable thing I've heard Carney replacing Sandow.
  59. Sweet Pete 16

Lol! Benji Crying

Farah wants to be a doggie so bad - thats the real reason he hates Ennis:D
  60. Sweet Pete 16

Broncos V Warriors game thread ***SPOILERS***

It appeared the right place to be was in front of Gillette to get the NFL pass and have Hodges running around getting in defenders way. Just cos they're sheep f***kers doesn't mean you need shepherds to beat them.
  61. Sweet Pete 16

Lol! Benji Crying

Maybe we shouldn't have left the run so late. Broncos seem to be able to lose every game in the regular season and still make the eight. We don't.
  62. Sweet Pete 16

Your 2012 Squad

True dat
  63. Sweet Pete 16

Bulldogs Captain 2012

Don't ever say Corey Hughes again :mad:
  64. Sweet Pete 16

2012 Jersey

I know. The Star Wars jerseys looked bad-ass. But then they had Star Wars on them and I had to pretend I didn't know who the Bulldogs were :sad:
  65. Sweet Pete 16

Bulldogs Captain 2012

Ennis for sure. He's out there putting in the miles. Plus he gets to argue his own case when the ref's are all over him. I know bobcat was loved by many but I will not miss him for a second. Personally I don't think we have achieved anything since Pricey left. Ryan never stood up, he was...
  66. Sweet Pete 16

The Roosters supposedly had him on a short leash. Instead he not only managed to be wasted more than sober, but he lead half the team astray. He is a cancer and deserves no more chances. Joel Monaghan was banned from the NRL. Ryan Tandy will most likely be banned for life. Carney has already...