Search results

1. K

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

It could have been worse for us and last year it definitely would have been. Not defending the coaching or the outcome but with everything I mentioned what can you expect the score line to look like? The referee gave us zero favours in addition to everything else. Need to see a few more games...
  2. K

Can’t argue, couldn’t agree more.
  3. K

- We made 13 errors to the eels 3. - We lost JAC midway through the first half and were essentially playing with 12. - Salmon shifted to centres second half. - We missed 28 tackles compared to the Eels 23 with 40% possession. - Offloads for the Eels we’re sticking. - We got beat 4x tries to 2x...
  4. K

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

Or he kept him on the field to send him a message.
  5. K

3.2.1 vs sharks

No hype matey. He has played well in both trials and deserves a crack in the starting lineup. Offered more in attack in both his showings so far then anyone else in the role. Facts not hype. If he doesn’t maintain the “hype” Ciro will no doubt bench him and start Curran.
  6. K

3.2.1 vs sharks

I for one think he has been great in both trials. Earned the 13 IMO.
  7. K

Opinion Only Positive

Depth players that can an cycle in and out based on form. It’s almost like they have created too much competition for certain spots deliberately. Only the strongest will survive and the later wil likely look for an early release.
  8. K

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

I liked Hutchinson and Sexton last week. Different story this week. Hutchinson ticks more boxes for mine at this stage and Oloapu can stay in Reggie’s for the year when he returns. Needs constant game time and our Reggie’s will be a strong side for him to build his confidence in.
  9. K

Opinion Only Positive

A lot of individual positives. Salmon, Xerri, Curran, Wilson, Hughes, Preston, Kikau. Our 1,6,7,9 need work.
  10. K

Where is Kiraz?

Can anyone shed some light on why he isn’t taking part in any of the trials?
  11. K

News NRL Pre-Season Challenge: Bulldogs name halfback for match two

I reckon you are onto something here. He needs to pick a tough defensive line up to make up for the attack which needs to improve. I was happy with DH and Sexton in the trial so I’m on the fence.
  12. K

Bulldogs vs Storm Pre-Season 3-2-1

Salmon did his chances no harm at all. He looked good to my eye. I would say Curran has to perform well in the next trial to guarantee his spot. Feeling Curran will get the nod narrowly he has an even trial.
  13. K

Bulldogs vs Storm Pre-Season 3-2-1

Reed was a bit disappointing and stifled the attack on many occasions. Hard to tell if the runners off camera missed the mark or not. Salmon was good with ball in hand and strong in D. Hughes is an impact forward who is going to be massive for us if he stays fit. Xerri got better as the game...
  14. K

Our Future looks good.

Hayward was composed and impressive. Hope this young man gets some more opportunities. It’s almost like why did we sign Turpin?
  15. K

Our Future looks good.

Knight looked very average with ball in hand. Slowest player on the park. Defended hard though I will give him that.
  16. K

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

Taffe at halfback is what I want to see. Halves need to be a running threat and he definitely is. Sexton is also handy running the ball so may the best one win.
  17. K

How Clueless is Fox league?

Wilson will be a gun for us next year. I’m tipping big things from him over the next two years. I would like to see him at fullback and Taffe at 7. 1. Wilson 2.Kiraz 3. Xerri 4. Crit 5. JAC 6. Burton 7. Taffe This won’t happen but I would like to see it.
  18. K

Official Blake Wilson locked in for 2024 & 2025

I would have him at fullback. Apparently his natural position. My backline: 1. Wilson 2. JAC 3. Xerri 4. Critta 5.Kiraz 6. Burton 7. Taffe
  19. K

Opinion Blake Taaffe

This is what I would like to see. I can really see Wilson as a potential Edwards type fullback. Pretty big body, strong and fast. Looked pretty safe under the high ball as well. I really rate him and hope he can rise to new heights. I’m hoping he knocked back Parra to be our fullback as my...
  20. K

Stephen Crichton

Got to be a centre. He shuts down his side defensively really well and creates space for his winger. Not to say he wouldn’t be a great fullback.
  21. K

Breakout star of 2024?

Blake Wilson was another one although Preston is No.1. I think he has the potential to be the best winger in the game. He is young and has time on his side, Reasonably big body, strong, quick. Definitely room to improve in defensive decisions but tackles quite well. Right up there will top...
  22. K

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

It was meant to be a discussion about the wrestling session, Buzz was losing the argument and turned it into a recruitment argument. Recruitment hasn’t been good but you can only take the best of who is available.
  23. K

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

I haven’t been on here in a minute but my assumption was that it was Topine. I could be way off here, I have refused to follow it in a way.
  24. K

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Only other play that left early was Andrew Davey and it was odd considering the lack of depth in middle forwards.
  25. K

Opinion Your rating on Gus' performance so far

I read the first line and was ready to strap up, write an essay arguing with you. As I kept reading I didn’t disagree with anything. What I will say is that Gus is not a magic quick fix. The work he is doing will bear fruit 4 or so years from now. It’s impossible for most clubs to strengthen...
  26. K

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

We are an Italian tank as the saying goes. 1 gear forward 3 gears back.
  27. K

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

His job is to get the best out of what he has got and he is not doing it. No way that roster should be as low on the ladder as it is. Although if you flog a dead horse it will perform like a busted ass. Every existing player has regressed under Ciraldo and that is a fact. Not hating on the...
  28. K

Props available to sign November 1 (for 2025)

Mark Nichols is as genuine as they come. Tolman type battler with more size and grunt. The work he gets through is next level. Grieg from Parra looks to have a bit of go about him as well and wouldn’t break the bank.
  29. K

In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

The last genuine half to play for the bulldogs IMO.
  30. K

Release Rfm

Would have cost us much in the cap as he is a long term player.
  31. K

Jeral Skelton

I would like to see Wilson get a run at FB. Avo is good in the centres in comparison to the other options unless Burns is 100%.
  32. K

Bring back Pay as defence coach for 2024!

I was one of the biggest Pay haters after awhile. I did feel for him towards the end as he wasn’t even allowed to sign players. He had enough experience in the team at that stage which kept us in games. Klemmer, Woods, Tolman, Jackson, Jmoz, Bmoz, Hoppa, Mbye, Foran to name a few. Some of them...
  33. K

Averillo situation

Perham was solid for the first 5 weeks or so. From then on it has been a steep decline. From the first game I watched Wilson play which was against the warriors it was clear he is a superior player. I’ll give CC some grace but from round 12 onwards he has been playing the wrong player at FB. My...
  34. K

Sexton

After being crunched by 66 the previous week you are mourning a victory because we had too many points scored against us in the win?
  35. K

Skelton

Definitely deserves to be in front of Ward as that’s who beat him for the starting spot. I am one who wants to see more of him in first grade. Who he gets his chance to show us the 7 out of 10s.
  36. K

Sexton

100%. Kinda what I was meaning with the NRL halfback doing NRL halfback things. Didn’t overplay his hand just took control at times when he needed to and made some critical effort plays. From the short sample it looks like he has a reasonable running game which is another nice threat to have.
  37. K

Sexton

All he did was NRL standard halfback things. What a difference it makes to the side when you have a halfback that does halfback things. All things considered and the fact he probably didn’t get much of a chance to train with the side you couldn’t ask more of him tonight. Definitely one of the...
  38. K

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Burton’s running game has kicked back into gear with the 6 on his back. Burton should never wear the 7 jersey or play that role again.
  39. K

Mahoney In Presser

I drove from newcastle to watch. I picked a game that I thought was winnable for us to give the kids a good experience. I made more effort on the day then most in the side did. I wasn’t booing, it’s not my style but who could have blamed me if I did like many other who spent there time and hard...
  40. K

Something wrong with the Dogs or Rugby League?

I cant exactly blame the sentiment although he is naive to think that he can buy a whole squad. Good coaches can come up with a style that suits the cattle they have and CC clearly cannot in attack or defence. Both have regressed. He needs to look at himself along with the players that dishes...
  41. K

Something wrong with the Dogs or Rugby League?

Disgruntled players no doubt?
  42. K

Josh Maguire available

Maguire is not the right fit for our club in my opinion. One prop who has impressed me in a few games I have watched is Wiremu Grieg. Not sure what type of deal he is on but definitely provides a bit of punch with the ball in hand. While we are at it I would take Hethrington back for Waddell...
  43. K

Terrible reffing

Every time I look at our named FG side early in the week my fingers are cross his name isn’t there. One of the most frustrating players I have watched in our colours in a very long time. I would compare him to Tolman as an attacking threat.
  44. K

Next years centres

Wilson needs to be kept, and burns would be a nice to have as well. Casey is a NSW Cup player through and through.
  45. K

Terrible reffing

Coach is working with what he has got and it’s too early to write him off, but I’m as frustrated as you are with a number of his decisions and selections.
  46. K

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

If he wants too much let him go. Not many make it to first grade at his age but he is no Greg Inglis. Would like to see him stay and develop his game with us as he will surely improve in leaps and bounds but the last thing we need to be doing is splashing money on a centre when we have holes in...
  47. K

Time for mass Changes

Alamoti, Perham, Edwards, Morrin, Patolo all out. Skelton , Wilson, Thompson, RFM Pele in. Waddell out for Kikau when he is ready.
  48. K

Terrible reffing

From what I have watched tonight we have been given a lot of 50/50s. We are being beaten by an NRL forward pack, a game managing half and a fullback that keeps showing up in important attacking positions.
  49. K

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

The kids got talent. You need kids like him on the minimums in first grade that can do a job. It allows you more marquees. We shouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him though.
  50. K

Next years centres

On the right money Avo would be great to keep. He can literally cover every position in the backline at a pinch. He is a better version of Tyrone Peachey. I believe his best positions are centre and FB. Xerri/Avo is a very quick centre pairing. This is hoping that Xerri comes back the same or...
  51. K

Opinion Teams for Rooster

Plain as day for everyone to see. As of next year there are more options at FB and Perham will be backline depth if he is still contracted.
  52. K

Opinion Teams for Rooster

Where is Waddell? cmon he has been pretty good this year. IQ definitely risen a few points since last year.
  53. K

NRL corrupt

Loved the commentary from the Menace. Calls a howler out when he sees one and there were plenty there for him today.
  54. K

How Good?

Turned him into fifi-ta on more than one occasion.
  55. K

Rd 12 vs Titans 3-2-1

3. TPJ dominated like we all know he can. 2. Kiraz, Mr effort area 1. Burton busted the line and kicked well. Still not owning every end of set like he needs to. Mentions KO defensively but still nada in attack. Preston another good shift, needs to get his outside backs more involved. Avo...
  56. K

Harrison Yeo

Edwards played the link role in attack well. He is short a few physical attributes to be as effective as Yeo but has a smooth set of hands and defends really well.
  57. K

NRL corrupt

Just finished watching the game (travelling home from holidays). The wife comes out after the game and be like aaaww I could hear you yelling about the referees again did they lose? We won, it was awesome but once the final whistle blew the first words out of my mouth we’re these refs and the...
  58. K

Official TPJ selected for Blues

NSW are a bit light in props but TPJ is nowhere near rep standard at the moment. Filter is the biggest flog of a coach/selector for NSW.
  59. K

Rd 12 Press Conference

King is playing injured. He is by far the best forward we have and would start at most clubs. He takes the tough carries and gets us rolling but there is nothing behind him.
  60. K

Official We are absolutely hopeless

He is nowhere defensively when we are defending our line.so many tries scored against us with grubbers as the halves know he gets caught out of position.
  61. K

Official We are absolutely hopeless

Kid played his heart out tonight. He can hold his head up high but I can’t see him unseating Perham as he appears to be a bit of a favourite. CC brought him in and said we would grow to like him as the season progresses. If anything I thought he was solid in the first 5 or so rounds but it’s...
  62. K

Opinion Change needs to happen!!

KO has been poor in attack. He has the talent, size and physicality to make it as a half. As pumped as I was to see him play Flanagan is the better half right now. I believe Flanagan has had his turn and we need to keep blooding KO in manageable bursts. Right now we need to be patient and get...
  63. K

Perham is the new Tolman

Sideways?
  64. K

Opinion Fraud watch- RFM

Bench forward. That is all he would get anywhere else and it’s what he’s Gould be to us.
  65. K

News CENTRES OF ATTENTION

I think our current 1-5 gets it done. A marquee prop is what the doctor ordered or a genuine 7.
  66. K

Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

He would have been a gun signing on the right coin.
  67. K

Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

I would be happy for either Crichton or Avo to get a go at fullback. 1. Crichton/Avo 2. Fox 3. Avo/Crichton 4. Xerri 5.Kiraz Alamoti first man up when there is an injury. I think Avo could play wing if he had to.
  68. K

Opinion CASEY!!!!

I started a Casey post after the dragons game, I missed tonight’s game but it appears he made the same impression as last week. Skelton needs to be up for selection when available, enough is enough. I think I read on here he is currently suspended. Does anyone know what’s the go with him?
  69. K

Opinion Harrison Edwards appreciation thread

Playing well but needs another preseason. Definitely can play a part for us with his ball playing and can do the tough stuff as well.
  70. K

Atkins is a biased flog

It’s dead set garbage. They find a way to justify there decisions every time instead of saying they fkd up.
  71. K

Grub played 28 minutes and got more try assists than Failagain in 8 games

All makes sense now and true true about KO.
  72. K

Grub played 28 minutes and got more try assists than Failagain in 8 games

Beautiful kick that resulted in a goal line dropout. Going the short side and giving Waddell the ball not really an assist considering we were outnumbered. it was some individual brilliance from Waddell that resulted in the try.
  73. K

Atkins is a biased flog

Shit decision and I’m not justifying it but the below article with quotes from Annesley is what happened today. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-captains-challenge-titans-vs-eels-graham-annesley-toby-sexton-patrick-herbert/news-story/038bd3c104cc9ebb7e928f52eba78fd5
  74. K

Lobby For An Official Complaint to Be made against Grant Atkins

As one eyed bulldogs supporters we notice when the run of the green goes against us. Without question there is definitely bias against us on tight calls. What infuriates me is what you have eluded to in the bunker. They get the benefit of replays and have the opportunity to correct it after the...
  75. K

Braidon Burns Appreciation Thread

Him and Avo as a pair won us the match and i thinks it tough to split the two as we don’t win without either of them today. Burns Performance of the Match for playing through injury and being pivotal to our points along with the effort areas when clearly compromised. Man of the Match Averillo...
  76. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

Only my opinion, not that it matters but from what I have scene we have a better fill in waiting in the wings that can’t get a start. Casey was poor today by NRL standard and it’s not the first time for him. He did have some good moments defensively which you have pointed out but I don’t...
  77. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

I feel the same to be honest. Dying to see Skelton in first grade and just don’t see why Casey is in front of him. Fitness and attitude is all I can think it would be as there is nothing glaringly obvious. If Casey is a much better defender then Skelton must be bad.
  78. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

People can say what they want about burns and rightfully so , but the man has heart which is the mandatory for putting that jersey on. He can get out skilled/outplayed or whatever but what he showed today was pretty inspirational.
  79. K

Rd 9 vs Dragons 3-2-1

All good. Totally agreed with your 321 just wanted to point out if others missed the game that his overall game was quite good. Can’t wait to see Waddell off the bench as that means we have troops back.
  80. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

That is understandable considering how long he has been playing. I guess what I’m not getting is how if he is that bad defensively in comparison to Casey with ball in hand he is streaks ahead. Casey doesn’t look at all safe in defence either. All I can assume is Skelton must be bad as I must...
  81. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

True that. I’m really surprised hunt largely left him alone TBH. If he is in the side next week he will be targeted.
  82. K

Rd 9 vs Dragons 3-2-1

For sure. Avo won us the game with a couple moments of brilliance. Forget Waddells try he still would be at 2 for me with the game he played. Burns was tough and created the second Avo try and took a lot of tough carries that got us moving. Gritty tough performance from RFM as well who really...
  83. K

Rd 9 vs Dragons 3-2-1

Waddell for the grubbed try only? The sin bin against him was total rubbish. What goes unnoticed is all the effort areas of the game like being the first forward back after a kick or following through with kick chase. He was outstanding again today. I would be one of the biggest Waddell bashers...
  84. K

Averillo the new gun

Alot of it has been warranted to be fair. He was phenomenal today and hopefully this highlights how to get him to make an impact. We don’t win this game if it wasn’t for him….. full stop. How he burnt Sloan twice with ease for me out of my chair both times. Onwards and upwards for him.
  85. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

How is he there instead of Skelton? Skelton must have a poor attitude or work ethic. There needs to be something keeping him out of the team.
  86. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

That’s probably why I’m frustrated with his game today. We have a player like Skelton there who has size, strength and IMO speed over Casey. As I write this he drops an intercept that hits him in the chest.
  87. K

Opinion Casey vs Dragons

Makes Okunbor look like a world beater. Not first grade standard and never will be as a winger or a centre. No speed no strength no hands no D.
  88. K

Opinion Forwards

Agree, he has lost the drop balls and dumb penalties. He has always given 110% and with his discipline improved so far this year I would be happy to see him in our colours next year.
  89. K

Rd 8 vs Sharks 3-2-1

Casey especially. Okunbor can do a job off the bench as a forward.
  90. K

VAUGHN, HETHRINGTON, SEUMANUFAGAI

He would have been great to keep for this season for the right money. Would really like to have seen him in this side coming off the bench.
  91. K

Post match presser

Burton is the blandest of the bland on the mic. It’s cringe.
  92. K

Extending Corey Waddell

He has removed the drop ball and constant penalties out of his game this year. Definitely deserving of an extension and provides good depth in the forwards. When full strength he has a bench spot locked down for mine.
  93. K

Opinion These players need to be replaced

Thinking the same thing. Other than Skelton getting a spot what played tonight will play again until troops start coming back. Some calling for Sutton to be dropped is laughable. I get it he was our worst tonight arguably but who is next up? The only one with enough brains to have the answers...
  94. K

Was Ciraldo really the Penrith defensive coach?

This one takes the cake.
  95. K

Does management ever address refereeing bias with our club

Even small things like the Sutton crusher tackle. That is pulled up in every game last season. I can’t say I have scene many this year but based on last year it’s a definite crusher. Sivo try a forward pass. Lots of inside the 10s not being called. Markers not square was beyond a joke and Reed...
  96. K

Courageous Dogs

I really want to see our strongest 17 fielded for at least a month at the end of the season. Personally with our full compliment I fully believe we win more games then we lose. I’m hoping by the end of the year we get a glimpse of Skelton in the run in side and Avo at the back . A player like...
  97. K

Rd 7 vs Eels 3-2-1

Wow. I agree. Burton Preston and Alamoti were also pretty good for mine.
  98. K

Opinion Do you think Mahoney was captain material today?

Not captain material. Extremely poor discipline that you would expect from Waddell and co traditionally. Mind you Waddell has cleaned his act up this year.
  99. K

Opinion Sivo try

Floated 2m forward
  100. K

Opinion Phil Gould Longterm?

I feel for the tigers and they need someone like him desperately. Everyone can say what they want about him but he leaves clubs in a better position then when he first got there. Until the bunnies Bennett left the broncos dragons and knights and n a shambles as an example.