Search results

1. Qld-Dog

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY BUT, MOST IMPORTANTLY A HEALTHY 2018.

To all the Staff, owners, members and all our casual visitors, I sincerely hope you all have a safe holiday period and thank you to all for the tremendous entertainment you have provided not only to myself but to all who have participated on this forum throughout 2017 and I look forward to a...
  2. Qld-Dog

COACH / ASSISTANT COACH & PROBABLE TEAM - 2018

Without getting into the negativity and hate for our currant coach because I am sure there a lot of members are over it to be honest, lets see some ideas and thoughts of what our coaching staff and playing staff should look like in 2018. Instead of shit canning what we have today lets see what...
  3. Qld-Dog

PAUL CARTER RELEASED!

Paul Carter has been released from the remainder of his contract at the Sydney Roosters.
  4. Qld-Dog

Bulldogs New Recruiter Poached!!

SMH states that the Canterbury Bulldogs have poached the Veteran Wests Tigers recruiter Warren McDonnell! Sounds good to me.... the Tigers have unearthed some remarkable talent over the past 10 years IMO however, I guess we will have the retractors as usual looking at the negative side of things.
  5. Qld-Dog

ASSASSIN.....Doing it TUFF!

Hello Fellow members and visitors, Not sure if you are all aware that our fellow member and regular poster, wether he be aggressive or be it with some good humour is going through a hard time in Hospital over this past couple of weeks. Thought I should start up a thread so we can all wish our...
  6. Qld-Dog

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

The Bulldogs as an NRL club just can't help themselves can they? every 4 to 5 years there is always some kind of negative crap that raises its head which assists the media and our competitors to aim up against us. No other club comes up with all the shit and bickering like the CBB do be it...
  7. Qld-Dog

JOSH JACKSON MISSED OUT?

Big Surprise to me is that J Jackson has missed selection for the four nations tournament in the UK
  8. Qld-Dog

CARNEY: The rumours are getting stronger!

The rumours are that Carney is on his way back to Australia, possible 1 year deal coming up at the Dogs, should solve our half's problem in the short term or will the "No Dickhead" policy still aply?
  9. Qld-Dog

M'BYE Firming as shock Four Nations selections.

Kangaroos Coach Mal Meninga reluctant to take a second Hooker as Back-up for Cameron Smith has put Moses M'Bye in line for a shock call-up, with Mal describing M'Bye as a genuine No 9.
  10. Qld-Dog

JAYCAR?

I seem to recall that 2015 was to be the last year for our major sponsor on the front of our Jersey however, it was extended for another 12 months which means we will have a new major sponsor on the front of the Jersey's for 2017, can anyone confirm if Jaycar has decided to be our major sponsor...
  11. Qld-Dog

Dogs of War!!

Just received my copy of a great book released just a week ago (I Think?) by Gary Lester, awesome reading and brings back great memories and a few truths. I would suggest that those of you Kennelers who would like to get to know more about the great history of our club and players....go spend a...
  12. Qld-Dog

Turvey interview!! Sterlo.

Anyone watch the one on one with Sterlo and Turvey last night? what a breath of fresh air that was, two great blokes that played against each other during the 80's, massive respect for each other and boy did I witness some of the great games of Rugby League when The Eels shared Belmore Sports...
  13. Qld-Dog

Thoughts please!!!!!!!!

What do you reckon guys??? ....... You Like???? I had these made up for my family up here in Queensland and some in New South Wales all Doggy supporters. I thought I would share them with you.
  14. Qld-Dog

Do not check your emails if you are watching delayed broadcast matches

Watching the replay last nigh feeling proud of myself for not becoming weak by checking the result prior to the replay, my iPhone next to me waiting for some business emails from different time zones, I get an email alert, I check, I see the final score on an email from the Dogs DAAAMMMNNNN...
  15. Qld-Dog

Nostalgia Time, Who were the original designers of our currant Jersey est. (1974)

I have alway wondered who designed our currant Jersey which was formally adopted from 1974, I have always thought that the Bulldogs Jersey was way ahead in design even to this day. No one else has anything that resembles it, I believe it is the best looking Jersey in the NRL by far. We are...
  16. Qld-Dog

I would like to put an idea out there to see the reaction..ONE ORIGIN GAME A YEAR?

To shorten a season up for the players, I suggest that we have only one ORIGIN game a year. Brisbane, Sydney every second year and the third year at the MCG. This way the players are preserved a little better, we can play a test AU v NZ and the season can be shortened just so slightly. This...
  17. Qld-Dog

Merry christmas

To all Kennel members, it does not matter to me if I am liked or disliked, I would like to wish all fellow members and their families a very Merry Xmas and of course a happy but most importantly a healthy 2015. Take good care all and be safe!! I look forward to the coming NRL season in 2015...
  18. Qld-Dog

NRL COMPETITION COMMITTEE MEETING 2nd & 3rd Dec. 2014

Noticed that there was an NRL Competition Committee Meeting over the past 2 days, also noticed that out of the 14 committee members arguably the finest Coach in the NRL over the past 10 years was not included in the meeting (What a Joke) but, Wayne Pearce was!! + Daniel Anderson WTF?? I cannot...
  19. Qld-Dog

Official..... Matt frawley a bulldog

I like the way this young fella plays the game, Raiders loss Bulldogs gain!! announced on the Bulldogs website late yesterday.
  20. Qld-Dog

Hoffman in talks with the titans (4bc radio 1pm today)

Driving in Brisbane today, on the 1pm News that Josh Hoffman is meaning full discussions with the Titans for 2015, I don't particularly care much who he play's for as long as it's not the Doggies. Just passing on some news I heard today.
  21. Qld-Dog

PRIME MINISTERS X111 (no DoDogs players Selected)

Just noticed the Prime Ministers X111 has been selected to play at the end of October yet not one Bulldogs player has been selected.
  22. Qld-Dog

Todays game is now history, lets move forward!!

Todays effort was something the boys will want to forget in a hurry, the only way to do that is belt The Storm next weekend. Come on all you disappointed supporters just like myself, lets talk about what we need to do to turn next weekends game into a great win. We have some good things to...
  23. Qld-Dog

How embarrassing, how boring, the drummer boys and the pom pom girls lol

Lets get rid of that stupid big blow up bulldog, the pom pom girls and the drummer boys!! It's a joke!! If we cannot have our professional dancers in royal blue and white back again the lets just have the players run out with the mini RL players and so be it.
  24. Qld-Dog

Something Different, How about some ideas for some Banners for the new troops,

LOKO RONA LICHAAR MCINALLY Lets see what creative minds we have out there??
  25. Qld-Dog

Lol what, no pats on the back for big tony williams tonight???

Where are all the Tony Williams baggers tonight, well done Tony!! what a power house.
  26. Qld-Dog

Big sam? How long this time?

No one has mentioned another issue we have because of the Josh Reynolds focus, he went of before 1/2 time and left the sheds on crutches. how long will he be out this time round?? all I remember was he completed 2 hit-ups and on the 3rd passed the ball to no one AGAIN! losing possession then it...
  27. Qld-Dog

Big sam, is he made of glass ??

I see big sam went off limping again, the boy is made of glass, still pushed a pass and lost possesion for us in an attacking position, will he not learn??
  28. Qld-Dog

Sticky - wooden spoon?

Can anyone confirm if the NRL's best Coach (Sticky Stewart) received 2 wooden spoons in a row while he was at the Eels? will that make it 3 in a row if he wins it again this year?
  29. Qld-Dog

Round 23, can't wait for the welcome!!

Mark it down, Eels V Raiders Parramatta Stadium, Sticky to get e special welcome and I hope they give it to him.
  30. Qld-Dog

Michael ennis' departure.

Could it be that The Dogs may have similar issue as Manly do with Glen Stewart?? it was quite noticeable the tension between Des and Mick during the post match interview after the first game after Mick and the Club announced his departure end of 2014. Mick's form has slumped at the Dogs since...
  31. Qld-Dog

Love those Drums!!!

I thought that the Drums and drummers all lining up to welcome the boys on the field was awesome, added a bit of drama.
  32. Qld-Dog

What if ??

Because of all the fiasco surrounding player payments at the Newcastle Knights and if the opportunity came about to take over player payments and have them transferred to your club, who would you like to move to your club?? Obviously I am a huge Bulldog supporter but I can not come up with one...
  33. Qld-Dog

Rebecca Wilson, why the dislike of Rugby League??

I do not understand why this woman continues to go out of her way to criticise the gave of Rugby League, no matter if it's the Bulldogs, crown behaviour, some administrators anything she can get her hands on and the most annoying thing is she seems to compare our great game with AFL. Why let...
  34. Qld-Dog

Pritchard and eastwood a very good chance of not playing.

Des Hasler has indicated that Frank Pritchard still has ongoing knee and groin problems, and Eastwood is still recovering from a broken hand and both are a very good chance of NOT! playing on Sunday. So much for a full strength side!!!
  35. Qld-Dog

Maitua to the Dogs for 2014

Maybe I have missed a post on a previous thread but, I was just now watching the Dragons and the Eel's on Fox and it was just mentioned 2 minutes ago that Maitua will be moving to the Bulldogs in 2014. Anyone else hear this??
  36. Qld-Dog

Terry Campese - out!!!

Tery Campese has been ruled out with the eye injury sustained during the precious round.
  37. Qld-Dog

OH NO, CEO number 3.

Looks like the mighty Parramatta Eels have just got rid of their 3rd CEO, only stepped into the job at the start of 2013.
  38. Qld-Dog

Mackay??

I cannot understand why we would keep sacrificing a home ground advantage, especially this year where we have had it tough during the first 8 rounds with injuries to key players. I understand that every NRL club needs to take at least one game away from home for the sake of promoting the game...
  39. Qld-Dog

The Dog Father!!

To all members, I am hoping that someone can assist me in obtaining the T Shirt which was around the traps last year, from memory it came in either black or navy blue, it had our beloved coach's head on it with the Godfather cymbal on it as was in the original movie the God Father only it was...
  40. Qld-Dog

MERRY XMAS and a 'HAPPY BUT HEALTHY 2013!

To all members guests and mediators, I would like to say thank you for the entertainment you all have given me accompanied by some great laughs! I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Xmas no matter what religion and creed you are and enjoy Xmas for what it stands...
  41. Qld-Dog

Where can i get one???

Hello All, Can anyone point me in the tight direction to get my hands on a couple of those black T-Shirts with Des as the "Dog Father" on the front PLEASE??? just happen to notice a Guy wearing one being interviewed in the streets of Belmore with Zap, any help will be appreciated!!!!
  42. Qld-Dog

SPIN DOCTOR DES, will have a field Day.

Heard on Brisbane Radio this morning that Mayne Bennett rates Manly the team to beat in 2012, pretty good ammo for Des to confirm that the Dogs are not the benchmark, just ask the most successfull coach in NRL History, will help to keep our boys with a level head heading into the S.F. It will...
  43. Qld-Dog

JOHNOTHAN WRIGHT TO SHARKS From 3013

I am surprised nothing has been posted as yet but, listening to the Radio very early this morning on a sports update ( Brisbane Radio ) it was mentioned that J Wright has signed up with the Sharks from 2013.
  44. Qld-Dog

Bronco's Water Boy!

I cannot believe how much time Alfie Langer spends on the field during a game of Rugby League no matter who the Bronco's are playing, surely the Referee's can have some say on how long they are allowed on the field during a game. He is like the 18th man for the Bronco's, is it me that has just...
  45. Qld-Dog

Another nsw coach quits!

I see Mr R Stuart after all his BS hype has quit the NSW Coach's position which did not surprise at all, he basically quit when he put pen to paper when he signed up with Parramatta over a week ago. He did the same to the Sharks and he will do the same to Parramatta!!! all the BS about "I will...
  46. Qld-Dog

Toovey + Taylor

I see that the waterboy has jumped on the same band wagon as Taylor in critiscizing indirectly the Bulldogs decoy runners claiming that we are getting away with obstructional play and wants to discuss this with the NRL before the start of the 2013 season. I have not noticed any critiscism from...
  47. Qld-Dog

Friday Night - Bulldogs

I know all you Doggy Supporters down south are probably sick of hearing it from all us supporters north of the border but this replay crap we have to endure each time the Dogs play on a Friday night is a big joke. Again last night the Bronco's play on Friday night, we up here must watch a...
  48. Qld-Dog

N.S.W RESIDENTS V's QLD RESIDENTS.

I see that our NSW Cup team squad are playing well again this year however I was very dissapointed to see that out of the two Residents teams (NSW & Qld) our successfull NSW Cup squad has only one representative chosen in the NSW Residents Team and that being a bench player Shane Pumipi. Very...
  49. Qld-Dog

Origin Jersey = Origin sponsor!

Maybe it's me just being pitantic but, why would the NSW Origin team have their Jersey embossed with a Victorian Beer? this is the second year this has happend on memory so why would NSW not have a NSW corporate sponsor as do the Qld Team have a Qld Beer and at least a National organisation as...
  50. Qld-Dog

Luke macdougal first game in the nrl as a bulldog

Congratulation Luke, you have big shoes to fill, look out Sharkies. Good Luck!!!
  51. Qld-Dog

Before anyone forgets!!!

Please join with me in congratulating Josh Morris on a well earned selection in the NSW team, I may regret in saying this but!!! I would have had his Brother join him in the side and got rid of Jenning who should not have been selected. Pissin up on Anzac day, I guess it is just the Sticky &...
  52. Qld-Dog

How does nsw beat this???

I was in a plane on Saturday just past flying between Dubbo and Sydney and a couple of older Guys behind me discussing NRL, one Bloke made the comment.... "With the NSW Team we are concerned on who we have to choose from to make up our side and the Qld Team are concerned who they will need to...
  53. Qld-Dog

Dane Gagai, Released from his contract!!

Breaking News, Dane Gagai who only recently signed a contract with the Horses has been released from his contract for some minor disciplinary breaches. He was signed up till 2014. At one stage he was being looked at as a possible replacement to Justin Hodges when he retires, he is the cousin...
  54. Qld-Dog

Did maly beat the eel's a few weeks ago? Can't remember!

Maybe there are some eagle supporters out there that can assist.
  55. Qld-Dog

NRL - Media on NSW games in Qld.

I know I keep harping on about it but, here is an example of the worn "National" Rugby League is all BS! not to mention having to wait for a add riddled replay by Channel 9 at 9.30pm because a Qld Team was playing again last night. Todays Courier Mail Saturday morning may 5 2012, seven back...
  56. Qld-Dog

Another friday night replay in qld for the doggies

Here we go again Qld Doggie supporters, another Friday night replay for us Doggy supporters north of the border, all because a Qld team is playing on the same night. A 2 hour replay with a thousand Add's thank you once again Channel 9!!!
  57. Qld-Dog

Robbie Farah- Form Discussion

I think Robbie Farah did nothing spectacular to enhance his selection prospects for NSW Origin, whilst he is a good (NRL) rake I do not think he is State of Origin material!! Smith and Ennis would eat him alive. I would like to know if there are other League supporters that see it as I do.
  58. Qld-Dog

HERE WE GO AGAIN - CH9 does it again!!!

I see we die hard Bulldog supporters in Qld are crapped on again from a great height, the NRL's favourite team and Gold Coast are playing Friday night which means we Qld supporters of the Doggies will have to wait for the replay of Bulldogs v Eagles. This is a classic example of the best game...
  59. Qld-Dog

Sandow - shoulder injury???

Maybe I am a Sceptic but, I wonder if Sandow got the Sh!ts by being demoted to NSW Cup,challenged the Coaching Staff on their decision and the only way out was Bingo! "A Shoulder injury!!! no games this weekend so so one will notice. It will be interesting to see if he returns the week after...
  60. Qld-Dog

U 20's Toyota Cup SOO!!!

Does anyone know if the U 20's Toyota Cup SOO will be televised?? I hope so, I am sure it will be more entertaining that City v Country,
  61. Qld-Dog

Sandow - forced to n.s.w cup!!

Parramatta's Chris Sandow has been forced to play NSW Cup.
  62. Qld-Dog

Heritage Socks.

Called up the BD team store at Centro today as I wanted purchase / replace a few pair of Bulldog Heritage socks but the lady at the store said there are non available, they were specially made for the heritage game on Friday. Been waiting for a pair of playing socks to purchase that resemble...
  63. Qld-Dog

"happy easter"!

I know it is a bit late but the website was down for a day but I would like to wish all members and their Families a Happy and safe Easter. Go hard the Doggies!!!!
  64. Qld-Dog

GIDLEY THE CROC, INJURED AGAIN!! out for a month.

Gidley the Croc is injured again, what a woossss!
  65. Qld-Dog

Hindmarsh to retire after 2012 nrl season.

Parramatta stalwart Nathan Hindmarsh is set to retire at the end of the 2012 season!!!! Some how I do not think it was his decision.
  66. Qld-Dog

Bulldogs Song!

I watched the Dogs smash St George which was soooo good after a long run of outs but I must say even though I watched the game on Fox here in my home in Qld it was fantastic to hear the Best Bulldogs victory song being played over the PA system during the post game interview. Made one feel so...
  67. Qld-Dog

Dce rejects latest manly offer!!

DCE Manager turned down the offer, Gavin Orr asked them to take the offer away and go back and see if they (Manly can work a few things out!! DCE wants to learn more of the fate of some of his team mates before he commits!!! (League Central Sunday mail Brisbane March 11 2012)
  68. Qld-Dog

Ben smith - out till late in the season.

Parramatta second rower Ben Smith will miss the majority of the 2012 season because of Surgery on Thursday to repair an injured pectoral muscle.
  69. Qld-Dog

BRETT MORRIS Signs up for another 3 years!!

Looks like we missed out on someone that would have been very good for us, I genuinely thought that we were a big chance of having Brett link up again with his Brother Josh and complete their playing days together.
  70. Qld-Dog

ROSE & KING RE Sign with the Premiers.

Why wouldn't they, no one else would want them!!
  71. Qld-Dog

Who signed up for 2012 today???

I hope all signed up today I did and I feel great! roll on 2012 and beyond.
  72. Qld-Dog

Alan Thompson - did he have any influence on Des moving on??

I notice that Alan Thompson is the GM of Football Operations at the Dogs and I was wondering if he had any influence on Des jumping ship and can any one confirm that I am talking about the same Alan Thompson ex Manly who used to play RL with Des???
  73. Qld-Dog

Dragons interest in Carney

Interesting!
  74. Qld-Dog

Daniel mortimer

Should we take a gamble on bringing Daniel Mortimer to where he belongs, I stiil think if the price is right we could have ourselves a great little Half back with maybe??? Hodko in at 5/8, Hodko is a little slower than Daniel and he would kill them with a little more room to move just a little...
  75. Qld-Dog

Nzrl test team!!!

I just checked out the NZ Rugby League team selected, don't get me wrong because I am full on Aussie supported but, I really believe that Australia will find them very hard to beat. Not only are they a powerfull team I believe that the half's combination will punish Australia and I am sad to...
  76. Qld-Dog

NRL SEASON CLOSES AT 7.30PM TODAY, 2012 Coach should be announced!!!

T.G made a statement 6 weeks ago that he would announce the Bulldogs FG Coach at the end of the 2011 season, well the time has come Mr TG!! To be fair to the applicants, the players and most importantly the Bulldogs supporters and NRL Fans in general "We must be told tonight" so we can all...
  77. Qld-Dog

Toyota cup!!!

I have been watching very closely our Toyota Cup Boy's over the last 4 weeks or so and I must say there has been a steady decline in their performance. The defence is poor, particularly watching the game now against the Warriors!! they know how big the Warriors are so why do we have 3 Guy's...
  78. Qld-Dog

Toyota cup!

My Brother who lives in Sydney decided to go and watch our boy's play against the Sharks yesterday, he said if we are relying on our future with our currant Toyota Cup players based on yesterday's performance then we need to we very worried indeed. I just hope it was a one off performance, can...
  79. Qld-Dog

Do we have the right players for the right positions for 2012?????

Are we headed into a new season 2012 with the right players but more importantly, do we have the right players for the key positions to be a force next year??? I am not so sure about that?? EG: one Centre position, 5/8 position if we get and injury, Lock forward as a back up again in case of...
  80. Qld-Dog

Ben barba - 5/8???

If Ben Barba could fix his one on one defence and put on just a little more beef up top and with some careful nurturing by our new Coach (Jim Dymock) and assistant Coach (BAAA) the greatest Bulldog 5/8 of all time. Why could we not then have the perfect 5/8?? can you imagine how well he and...
  81. Qld-Dog

Maloney

Anyone know the currant situation with Maloney and the NZ Warriors, how long till his contract comes to a close?? I think this is the kind of #6 that would suite the Doggies style of play.
  82. Qld-Dog

The kind of forward we need to replace andrew!!

I have made a comment not long ago, that we need a forward that resembles Paul Harrigan (EX Newcastle)! I believe the kind of forward we need to replace Andrew Ryan is a player like Darcy Lassick, the young bloke from Manly. This young bloke will go places, lanky, hard to tackle, hard as nails...
  83. Qld-Dog

Jason taylor - applying for the coaching position!

Early morning ABC News, Fox Sports report that Jason Taylor has approached TG for the FG coaching position at the Dogs!! Almost as bad achoice as D.Anderson, God help us all!!!
  84. Qld-Dog

League in the eighties - interesting

Just finished watching Fox Sports "League in the Eighties" which was the most successful period for the Bulldogs in History, did anyone else watch it and what was some of the culture the Dogs had then that have come to bite us on the A*s again in 2009. I knew there were a lot of politics behind...
  85. Qld-Dog

Fox sport - nrl - comentators!!

I am not sure who else has noticed but I have had enough of Laurie Daley's coaching advice during Bulldogs games on Fox sports, followed very closely by Greg Alexander!! as a matter of fact they coach all teams they comentate on during a game, it's like they are trying to prove to the world that...
  86. Qld-Dog

POST MATCH INTERVIEW - Funny.

Jim Dymock classic, during the post match report Jim was asked his thoughts on Josh Reynolds performance, I was not aware of Josh Reynolds nick name so when Jim refered to him as "The Grub" everyone cracked up. Obviously because of Hindmarsh's description of our Mick Ennis a couple of months...
  87. Qld-Dog

Who were the best Captains since say 1965 to now.

I think Dr George Peponis and Dean Pay.
  88. Qld-Dog

Toyoya cup

Just watching the Toyota Cup, I gave up at half time! I have heard so much about Abu - Sleeman but!! again after sighting him I was shocked to such a small fullback. The Boys in our Toyota Cup side need to at least learn to dress properly and look the part, very disappointing game to watch and...
  89. Qld-Dog

SBW at S.O.O Whinge thread

Please someone explain to me why Michael Voss and Channel nine would interview a c**k like SBW at Half time at a game which is the pinnacle of NRL in Australia???? F***k you Vossy,F***k you Channel Nine!!! This uneducated Islander who cannot put two intelligent words together during an 2 minute...