Search results

1. Calibra

Has anyone on here experienced the club go through a similar period like this?

Been a fan since the late 1980's, never seen the club like this, it started to unravel mid 2016 IMO and we have never recovered. Playing horrible football most games, at times scoreless in halfs like never before, when we can play ok and score points, we can not defend. I used to see players...
  2. Calibra

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

You just get that Belmore feeling of nower days don't ya... :frowning:
  3. Calibra

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

I know our forward pack is not great but with the amount of guys Brisbane has out and Reynolds in ordinary form, I think we are still in with a decent chance... even if the game is at Belmore lol
  4. Calibra

Shame on this team!

The whole culture at the club is soft we are a shadow of what we used to be and stood up for... feels like it will never change atm, dunno how we have gone to such a poor club, good players come and become duds, we hear the same shit every pre season about everything and get pumped. We used to...
  5. Calibra

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

How much more can we regress and yet all we hear from the club is about the friken effort and how training is so good... when will these delusional bastards wake up and just say it how it is. Our training standards are probably ridicoulosly low given what we dish out every week and for the last...
  6. Calibra

Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Nope, other way around
  7. Calibra

Opinion 44 Sin Bins in 7 Rounds ..

Officiating has been the codes biggest problem each year of late, one focus point after another and over zelous referees looking to sin bin anything, super harsh penalties against teams like ours are a norm too, head of referees should really be looked at, at how the referess of today is been...
  8. Calibra

Jerome Luai or Dylan Edwards

Edwards
  9. Calibra

Gerrard Sutton.

Worst referee out there, very by the book to the point he sees things that never happened, all his games are penealtithons, very hard to watch
  10. Calibra

Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

As long as Dimitriou keeps playing Koloamatangi in the middle & not second row we have a chance, Souths have been so poor since this move
  11. Calibra

Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Must win game given Cowboys players out & our next few weeks of games. Burton needs to show up and Pele needs more game time. As for Flano, even Reynolds at 34 is an improvement so I want him on sooner rather than later
  12. Calibra

Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Sadly, very true
  13. Calibra

News Foxx declares Bulldogs rookie Alamoti could be 'one of the best centres in the world' after just 3 NRL games

Good player but wana see him be quicker in line breaks - early days
  14. Calibra

Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

I think its been 9 years since we won in Auckland, we used to go there and look ok until the recent ugly years were we just haven't shown up. As you said @Alan79 since Potter we have looked different, so given we beat our terrible runs at Belmore & Melbourne maybe we can do it in Auckland too...
  15. Calibra

Opinion Forwards

Kind of ironic the club talks about our culture so much but we have not had a dominant forward pack for how many years now? Out muscled nearly every game, something aint right at our club
  16. Calibra

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

After all the recruitment and talk about our pre-season and Ciraldo we deliver the worst Round 1 performance ever? 8th season of utter crap? Are we really a club to be appointing unproven first grade coaches? That was abismal yesterday! Put Potter on stand by cause we can't see more of that...
  17. Calibra

Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

This!!!! We compete for 30-50 mins that’s it, after that we are rubbish and gassed, this has gotten worse this year incredibly… Hoping Gus can sort this crap out, this is torture every week
  18. Calibra

Official Jeremy Marshall-King re-signs with the Bulldogs for the next two seasons

This is not happening, this is not happening, this is not happening... Good god it is :weary:
  19. Calibra

Paul Vaughn has played his last game for the dragons

Ohhh a BBQ during lockdown! With people he was with all day :sob: Send him to the lions! Get a grip people.
  20. Calibra

News Bulldogs may not need to sign a hooker after all

Let's see what he does next week and week after etc... needs to perform like that every week does JMK
  21. Calibra

News Bulldogs bid to poach Phil Gould from Warriors

I hope you're right Malla
  22. Calibra

Official Round 12 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

The most annoying commentator by far, always something to complain about
  23. Calibra

Opinion Jackson/Elliot on field leadership

I don’t think there has been any real leadership at this club since Ennis left, don’t get me started on the board
  24. Calibra

SACK BARRETT!!!!

A whole off season to produce this... I want to give him the benefit of the doubt as it’s so early on BUT I just can’t see this mess fixed, give it a few more games of misery, can’t play the worst football in the competition in the last 21 years for too long before a change is needed
  25. Calibra

We’re on the same page’: Trent Barrett unfazed by Bulldogs boardroom drama

I guess in 3 weeks time we can dig further into it but after two games of no points and showing nothing in attack and defence we are in bigger trouble than last year... didn’t think that was possible...
  26. Calibra

Bulldogs History Database

A new low yesterday... first time our club has gone 2 games without 1 single point :coldsweat:
  27. Calibra

Hopa is a turnstile in defence

If he is not dropped next week, front office needs to show some passion and ask why when this just adds to our shit attack and defence
  28. Calibra

Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

He simply has to, as a club today surley needs to mean something, we can not accept this anymore
  29. Calibra

Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

You would have thought so but yet we continue to get worse..
  30. Calibra

Holland at hooker?

Start him there vs Tigers, he will do better than JMK who gets ragged dolled around by the opposition. Holland would also score tries plus you have a great kicker
  31. Calibra

Has there been a worse time for our club?

We have been totally noncompetitive for 4-5 years now... we are now getting smashed rather easily by the better teams and our roster is crap. On top of that almost every player we have let go of, or brought in, have gotten better under better management and coaching, whilst those that come to...
  32. Calibra

News Canterbury must decide, right now if Dean Pay is the coach of the future

Pay is not a coach to take us forward, simple as that, the amount of mistakes made is ridiculous, he must go ASAP, as well as our conditioning team
  33. Calibra

Opinion So the Morris Twins not good enough for Bulldogs Board ..geniuses

Just another indication of how we have fallen as a club... the amount of talent that have gone onto look like studs since leaving us... we are rubbish in almost every department, players come to us and become powder puffs, players leave us and how incredible form... we are the modern day Western...
  34. Calibra

What if we have another bad start to the season?

Curious to see if our attack, which improved very much so towards the end of last season can start this way, a lot of work to do but for the most part when we spread we made good meters
  35. Calibra

News Pleasing performance but plenty to work on: Pay

I bloody hope you are right! Bring on next week
  36. Calibra

News Pleasing performance but plenty to work on: Pay

Add the Okumbor factor and I am very worried
  37. Calibra

Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Nothing wrong with that
  38. Calibra

Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

What on earth does Pay see in Chris Smith?? How does one put Meany on the wing... How many missed tackles and knock on’s does Montoya need to make? Hard ask to see our best 13 out there...
  39. Calibra

Official State of Origin - NSW v QLD - Game Discussion Thread

Qld win game 1 but NSW win series 2-1
  40. Calibra

It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

I used to go to all Dogs games but haven’t been to one this season. Going to a game is about supporting your team and expecting a good performance that can lead to a win. It’s pretty hard to go there and watch the worst Bulldogs team ever get beaten once again by a rival like the Dragons
  41. Calibra

Official Round 13 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

This is beyond a joke... week in week out we wait for Pays ridiculous selections... our best players not in the 13 and mediocrity continuously getting rewarded... what’s it gona take for this once great club to wake up?? Massive protest outside the Leagues club perhaps?? We can’t continue like...
  42. Calibra

Official Round 12 - Dogs vs Raiders - Consolidated Match Thread

Hmmm so where is our creativity coming from tonight.... Foran?
  43. Calibra

Official Round 12 - Dogs vs Raiders - Consolidated Match Thread

So we get to see Cogger put up one useless bomb after another on the 5th, and Jacko have a shocker out wide again + witness the worst lock at lock in the NRL for yet another week!
  44. Calibra

Official Round 6 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - Consolidated Match Thread

Just hard to watch... opposition scores tries on us so so easy
  45. Calibra

Ogden! A Bulldog that runs hard!! Good to see for a change
  46. Calibra

Game over... this is just horrible
  47. Calibra

Holland

Needs to work on defence but golly, he looked good in attack vs Melbourne, was very impressed
  48. Calibra

Opinion Phil Gould

I take him onboard without doubt. Many people give it to Gus but truth be told, he’s one of the best rugby league brains out there. He’s also proven it first hand as a coach.
  49. Calibra

Dean Pay on NRL360 tonight

Thank you for posting this
  50. Calibra

Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

Gotta be kidding me... we just can't win!
  51. Calibra

Opinion Kieran Foran

Guys got great talent and we saw a display for the ages yesterday. Like others have said though, I feel it’s a matter of time before he gets injured and out for a few weeks and that will hurt us big time right now so really hope he can stay healthy
  52. Calibra

Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

I was outraged when I saw this but I guess a decent performance clause in there and it’s not such a bad play
  53. Calibra

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

And offloading... god we suck
  54. Calibra

ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

That's also true... we find out soon enough lads!
  55. Calibra

Good points, I hope you're right
  56. Calibra

Really? As in you're surprised? For Dogs to win tonight it would be our biggest win in some time
  57. Calibra

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

So it goes from bad to worse... what a complete mess our club is right now... It won't be long before Canterbury is connected with re-location and merging over time I thinks, we will be the worst Sydney team, and NRL team, let's face it for the next 2-3 seasons at least - thanks Des and Dib
  58. Calibra

Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Mate, surely there is someone in the club can play lock with some form of effective offload? A lock needs to be dominate and off load well, we have not had that for how long now? Just an example of the frustration I and many feel. Montoya and Hoppa side to be dominated again... How much worse...
  59. Calibra

Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Tell me about it... most they guys have been crap last season too... so much for the bulldogs culture, the only culture I see now is a 30% winning rate and being soft as... it's just do depleting knowing we're in for another crap game and have our asses handed to us again :persevere::rage:
  60. Calibra

I hate to say it but are looking at a wooden spoon?

Exactly, they can come good or get a few wins, we look very very bleak
  61. Calibra

Most of You are SPITTING on PAY

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
  62. Calibra

If Hoppa and Montoya are still a pair in 2019 we ain't going far people, these two will be monstered by every team every game, not for NRL level
  63. Calibra

I hate to say it but are looking at a wooden spoon?

100% worst squad, besides Mbye no X factor and very little speed, in fact, the Montoya-Hopoate side has to be the smallest, slowest and nonthreatening side in the NRL... To top it off we have no real 6 and our forwards are powder puffs for yet another season... We got nothing but a wooden...
  64. Calibra

Round 6 line up - what the fans want

Absolutely, we need to shake it up and big time. I see many have Fualalo in their squads... I don't think he offers anything to what a poor Klemmer and Woods already do, not needed. We need a serious shake up, now and not in 10 rounds time or towards the end
  65. Calibra

We don't currently have the troops
  66. Calibra

What is our Forward pack missing?

Klemmer’s same runs game after game and not 1 offload. Many prob disagree but his runs are super predictable now, he makes 5 meter runs and gets monstered, the Woods does the same with less heart... then our bench does the same 5 meter runs of slowest play the balls in NRL... Don’t think...
  67. Calibra

R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

I am not confident, Dogs have shown about 10 different faces in just 3 rounds! lol Souths looked good last week... Come on you Dogs!
  68. Calibra

ANZ Stadium will NOT be knocked down.

Good, the amount of money needed on this was ridiculous, ANZ is not an old stadium, build in 1998/99 it's still a great stadium today, the money that was going to be wasted on this can be spend on our crap roads, infrastructure and hospitals
  69. Calibra

Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

What horrible news :cry: RIP Folkes
  70. Calibra

Lichaa Has Another Jab at Des

Add to the large list of Des fails, never seen a coach killer like Des before... Even Hayne as a coach killer is not as bad lol
  71. Calibra

Round 25: Bulldogs vs Titans Team and Game Discussion

It's the Cinderella story, week from hell, new coach, media bashing the club all week - they come out and win the game to end the week on a high. Hopefully this does not happen but seen it happen all the time
  72. Calibra

Lichaa post match interview

I actually feel sorry for Lichaa and I never thought I would but it's pretty clear, he is another amongst so many now that been left so much worse off under Des. Lichaa's last few games have been good and he is not playing his usual game, like everyone else they are held back by useless Des's...
  73. Calibra

Montoya and Brenko combo

They are a great combo, much more dangerous than Morris twins. Need to work on their defense, especially Lee's he seems very hesitant in 50-50's too, surely a a defensive coach can help with this?
  74. Calibra

Round 24 - Dogs v Manly - Team List and Discussion Thread

I'm not used to this feeling...
  75. Calibra

Emotional attachment

Enough with the powder puffs, Graham going is not bad at all, he has clearly got very little engagement in winning IMO, he is shadow of the first season with us and it has been a steady decline since, I am happy we are letting him go, he's got no to very little mongrel left in him, besides we...
  76. Calibra

HAS DES GOT THE MESSAGE ?

Our club has become a club whose word means nothing, from the Board, to coach to captain to players, they are all talk no action. I don't take anything they say seriously anymore and the last 12 months has vindicated this. From our ridiculous 5 year plan which I couldn't believe they made...
  77. Calibra

Should be an automatic reason why this useless board is overturned in Feb. The fact that this dud squad is over the cap vs what the Storm, Roosters, Sharks, Broncos etc... have is just murder
  78. Calibra

Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

It's all making sense now... fuck we need the current idiots running our club out big time!! Loved the Tolman part!! :joycat: So true!! Des has no idea what he's doing... it's evident enough each week
  79. Calibra

Yes!! This team is just pathetic like the coach who is trying to get sacked and get his payout. We're not the worst NRL team since 1998 for no reason, we're fucken pathetic!!!
  80. Calibra

Confirmed, Bulldogs set up is 'toxic'!

Yep, we have to be bit patient, the current set up has killed the club, all we can hope for, for now is that Des is gone ASAP and a new board voted in, in Feb, Dib has to go just as much as Des does
  81. Calibra

How the Canterbury Bulldogs threw their salary cap into disarray with reckless spending

Agreed... he has fucked us off the field and his buddy Des has turned us into the worst NRL side since at least 1998... it does not get worse than this... oh wait, we will have to go through a few painful seasons just to recover from the mess these schmucks have put us in :confounded::astonished:
  82. Calibra

2018 memberships

Was a member and season pass holder from 2001-2016, like many me and my mates saw what was coming this year and did not get season pass's and rightly so. We are so disappointed, going to the game was so much fun, going for dinner and drinks before hand and having a laugh, now it's just a couple...
  83. Calibra

Press Conference Key Points

Did this really happen?? Wholly shit, the amount of signs that our players are just not there anymore is mind blowing, this is a clear indication that the guys are just not engaged with their duties. Just another example of how our cluture is diminishing with so many incompetent people on...
  84. Calibra

Press Conference Key Points

My sentiments exactly, I can't stand looking at these duds. I feel it means nothing to them and we are idiots been put through this comedy show of a team every week only for dumb ass Des to take the piss through the week
  85. Calibra

Brenko the special

He was dropped for his poor defense right... Did they even work with the kid to improve his defensive read?
  86. Calibra

Not Des Hasler's fault!

Both are at fault. This is Des's squad, he let go of good players with speed and ability and has left us with all the powder puffs (but for a few), players don't know how to off load but for RFM and we are prob the slowest team in the comp. We got no halves, a snail for a fullback, no kicking...
  87. Calibra

They Are Trying

What else are they gona do?
  88. Calibra

Round 23 - Dogs vs Souths - Team Lists and Game Discussion Thread

Deadset no point going to a game to be insulted by this team, coach & board. This is not NRL standard, what Des & this board have done to our club is a complete farce & disgrace. On top of that the fact that 95% of the supporter base is completely fed up with this bullshit , clearly means...
  89. Calibra

Round 23 - Dogs vs Souths - Team Lists and Game Discussion Thread

Just pathetic on and off the field... how this group of duds are over the cap is incredible Same 17 next week by mastercoach :mask::rage:
  90. Calibra

Mbye: The most expensive average player in NRL history

I seconds that's, Kirt had more creativity on one hand than half our squad combined
  91. Calibra

How many of our players would make the Broncos side ?

I agree mate, a couple of games back my mate & I were keeping tabs on them and 1 easy run without pressure inflated Grahams stats considerably after struggling to make more than 6 meters a run
  92. Calibra

Dogs as bad as ‘99 Magpies?

It's one wonderful thing after another this season... worst first half performance in the NRL era brings on another new low but we will go with the same 17 this weekend... Des wants the sack and payout!!! Wake up you failed board!!!