Search results

1. A

Murray Hip Drop

As Mick would say...
  2. A

Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Yea but after the strip Nikora gets a touch and knocks it forward. Also you can strip in a try scoring situation, he's running hard a few metres from the line which qualifies in my book.
  3. A

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

If you put Martin in the team between him, jj and CHN there's enough versatility to cover Injuries.
  4. A

Yeah he's just played the last few minutes there. He's tired because it's hot but he looks good so far.
  5. A

As I say that, Martin plays a set at dummy half and gives good service.
  6. A

Yeah marschke has sucked today. That run from Martin tho make me wonder if he's worth a crack at 9, can pass, he's our best player not in the tram currently and that's the obvious place we need a replacement. I reckon it would be interesting to see how he went.
  7. A

Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Good call imo, rein chose to grab rfm in an effort to get a penalty as opposed to going for mbye
  8. A

Jackson seeking downgrade (successful)

If he's out I'd like to see Martin get a run at second row. At least if it's Elliot he'll be playing wide where he should be, not in the middle where he is ineffective.
  9. A

Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

There will be some bruises tonight, that's what I wanted to see. We have depth, look fit, and hit hard. Hallelujah.
  10. A

Marshall King looks a much better utility option than Brown. All the props are doing well, cleeland had defended well, and that's a nice play for a try
  11. A

I think that was cleeland that had Maloney down and counting ribs
  12. A

What If next Tuesday...

I think the meters gained/frawleys performance topics are co-dependent - the forwards made big meters which makes frawleys job easier, but the forwards were also able to make those meter in part do to superior field position and draining the opposition due to frawleys kicking game. Last few...
  13. A

FINALS WEEK 1 - Dogs vs Panthers - NRL Discussion Thread & Team Lists

At least we're having a dig this week. Phillip working hard yearly too, need to kick our goals and win it tight
  14. A

next week: is there anyone at the club that can play halfback?

It's just a number, but Reynolds needs to be the 7,hes more experienced and more of a leader in the team, Mbye needs to be 6 and a running half not an organiser
  15. A

Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Reynolds should be the 7,Mbye the running 6. Reynolds is the real heart of the team.
  16. A

Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

So with the broncos win this is basically a dead rubber.... Unless the cowboys lose and we win by 45+. Any chance they get full to play unrestricted, attacking football in an effort to put a score on souths? #dreamscancometrue
  17. A

1 ticket to game tonight

IT was a solid effort :D
  18. A

Round 24 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Our attitude is better but it looks like we have zero energy, just like the cowboys game. Did the boys get flogged at training all week or something? Another trial match during the week? Water spiked? WTF is going on?
  19. A

Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Stream down again?
  20. A

Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Deadset periscope was higher quality
  21. A

Lichaa's injury...

Sounds crazy but I'd seriously consider hodko at 9 with Reynolds and Mbye in the halves. He's leaving and gives the others time to develop their combination but keeps him on the Park, easily the best defender of the three and the worst runner. Definately have him defending in the middle, and he...
  22. A

Round 22 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL - LIVE (QLD) Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Lafai is really effected playing on the right by his habit of carrying the ball is his left hand - the sliding inside defence gets a clean shot at the ball and he has no chance to use his fend which is one of his best assets.
  23. A

Lichaa's jink, step followed by a sloppy pass

If Lichaa can develop even a short kicking game, he will be so much more dangerous close to the line, forcing defenders to consider the possibility he will kick is as useful as him actually being able to kick. I hope it's work in progress.
  24. A

Hodko Signs Three Year Deal With Newcastle

Did you get Mitch Browne in there so you were only the second worst player in the photo?
  25. A

Crazy Idea for 2016

Josh Jackson?
  26. A

Curtis Rona - I'm sorry!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/pLhcIqBCSzI
  27. A

Bulldogs 9s

Clearly we're not really trying to win the 9s, so we have to take everything with a grain of salt. Two things I took from that first game, trex especially doesn't care about this game, he was walking from our kick off. Hopefully just saving energy for the season proper... Secondly it looks...
  28. A

I'm ok with the loss now

F@ckin Marty Bella....
  29. A

Josh Jackson " Chicken Wing Tackle "

The problem is here we have people without grappling experience making decisions on grappling moves, or what the media calls grappling moves. Anyone with a decent amount of training can tell you that wasn't a 'chicken wing' (where the arm is bent behind the back putting pressure on the...
  30. A

Player comparisons : "He reminds me of ..."

Mbye actually reminds me a lot of a younger Ben Roberts - quick, similar frame, left foot. Hopefully Mbye doesn't also develop the brain explosions and instead plays all the time like Roberts did in that one game against the broncos (2009?).
  31. A

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Roosters

Mbye did ok tonight but he's clearly a 6 not a 7, needs a structured half to play off so I'd expect someone else on the halves with him next time we are without our regular pair. I think 3 or 4 high shots and 6 penalties on a row warrant a sin bin.
  32. A

RLW MOLE - Blues new halves pairing - TRENT HODKINSON and @joshreynolds9

So what do you guys think? PT 7 and mbye 6? Maybe matuia 6?
  33. A

Has anyone ever repaired a

Yeah I've fixed my s3 screen twice (don't fall for the bs that you have to spend $300 on a whole new display). First time I went mcguyver with a hair dryer, Stanley knife and guitar picks, second time the screen came with purpose made tools. I had success both times, main thing is say is...
  34. A

Let's all LOL @ Doust !

How DOES Steve Price fold his towels?
  35. A

Explain your username

Mine came from a band I was in which then became an email address in the early 2000s which then became a business and then I was stuck with the email so shortened it for forum names... People probably assume I'm some 'alpha' bro frat boy dick head, but really I was just too lazy to change...
  36. A

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Posted this on FB a few days ago - F@ck it, let's run with this for Rd 1 2015 1/Lloyd Perrett (not sam) 2/trex 3/burr 4/o hanlon 5/T Browne (not Mitch) 6/ matuia 7/Graham 8/Fifita 9/Lichaa 10/Kasiano 11/pritchard 12/klemmer 13/Finucane Eastwood Jackson Aaalololtolatoa Ennis...
  37. A

2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

That's what happens when you wear blue and gold on a footy field - you get pounded by the team wearing white and blue. Bring on regular season.
  38. A

Dogs Pre-season Done & Dusted

Looks like he's dropped 15kg (of beard)
  39. A

Bulldogs after Josh Hoffman #NoSurprise

Looks like they are getting along very well. I'm sure it's just the clothing etc but in that picture Kas looks skinnier thank Frank... Hopefully that means Kas has been playing himself into fitness, not Frank has been on the Manchester curry diet.
  40. A

Slater in Police Custody in England

In my book being drunk is no excuse for anything in life, you get yourself drunk you accept the consequences if you can control yourself. As for your 'any normal person' suggestion, when you chose to be a professional sports person and represent your country you no longer are or should be held...
  41. A

Slater in Police Custody in England

Have you seen the full footage yet? The other guy is out of line and gives him an open handed push to the face, but Slater comes back with a massive over reaction right cross that would make Marvin Haggler blush and drops the guy. Both guys are at fault but as a professional athlete...
  42. A

Fullback Discussion

So worst case if we sign no one, what's the general vibe on who we should use from our current list? I personally would rather morris back in the centres as opposed to possibly losing him next year I think Perret is the conservative choice, but would like to see inu really smash on off season...
  43. A

Fullback Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZD982yrmx4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  44. A

Fullback Discussion

Dear god please not hodges :D
  45. A

Fullback Discussion

Hey Dakar, who position would that unnamed potential 2nd signing be in... Halves maybe? Hope you stick around, I for one am appreciating what appears to be solid into, intelligent conversation and some off season entertainment.
  46. A

Fullback Discussion

If it'd legit info I appreciate the post - also curious to know about the second signing you mentioned. Can't say too much I guess but could you maybe give us a clue as to what position and what quality of player you've heard? Depth signing, marquee player, journey man, unknown junior....?
  47. A

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Here's the one from left field, depending who we get at fb what if inu shifted to the bench and started playing some wide running 2nd row similar to a Gillette or Ryan Hoffman type player, whilst still covering all the back line positions. The guy is big enough, defends well and would get into...
  48. A

To Be The Greatest: Hazem El Masri

I think mine was over Katy Ireland in a bikini in 'weekend at Bernie's', but clearly you love the dogs even more than me...
  49. A

Dogs V Broncos Attendance from Sydney..

Hey mate, Thanks for the reply, when you say hang around after the game, do you just mean down by the sideline or do I need to try and catch them on their way somewhere (players entrance?). Otherwise is it bad form to hit up the injured guys sitting in the players area during the game?
  50. A

Peter Zorba Peters: Ben Barba's Gone (NRL Unleashed Podcast)

I'd be surprised if Hayne doesn't have back injuries from carrying that whole team for the 5 years. Seriously though I think he'd flourish at a quality club, origin is an indication of his ability to when not stuck with a bunch of dead weight.
  51. A

Dogs V Broncos Attendance from Sydney..

I'm taking my son to his first bulldogs game tonight, he's pumped. Taking two Bronctard mates two for us to give plenty when they get stomped. Quick question - is there any chance of getting my sons jersey signed at the game tonight? Do the players ever do a lap after the game and sign stuff?
  52. A

Agree or Disagree game: Bulldogs

Disagree. Whilst the knights have traditionally been a bogey team for us they have been in poor form recently and I'm more concerned with other teams pushing for finals spots in better form with better rosters (ie cowboys). My statement: whilst it's good Barba hasn't been able to profit...
  53. A

Tallis: "Barba should pay his own transfer fee"

As I suggested in my other thread, the nrl should evaluate barbas current market value. The broncos can sign him for that much under their cap but only pay him what he's currently on and pay us the difference. Then we get the difference between his value and his current contract as a salary cap...
  54. A

My take on how the NRL and Bulldogs should deal with the Barba situation

Thanks Billy, gave this its own thread as it looks at it beyond just the Barba issue but moving forward ways to deal with similar scenarios. Most of the other Barba threads are pointless mudslinging and venting at this point, was hoping to have an informed discussion in this one.
  55. A

My take on how the NRL and Bulldogs should deal with the Barba situation

My idea for dealing with player releases under compassionate grounds (Incl. Barba) At this point its pretty much a given that Barba is gone, but I don't think a simple release and cash compensation from the Broncos is a fair solution where it counts on the football field. Neither the dogs nor...
  56. A

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Don't be surprised if Walker gets the 6 ahead of Keary, although if A Rey goes down at any time Keary will be in.
  57. A

Its already been written, this is our year.

If you're right do us a favour and make sure you get plenty of unprotected sexy time with the wife for the next 10 years or so, we need one kid a year minimum.
  58. A

Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

I for one would like to see him used as the main kick return forward for as long as it takes for him to remember what it's like to get more involved and run onto the ball at full speed with distance between him and the defence. He may then be able to apply that same mindset to the rest of the game
  59. A

Manly remind me of 90's Dogs

Faaso better get twice what Inu got, something like 10 weeks ago if they are consistent. I think inu had a good record going in too.
  60. A

Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

Keating hit a couple of nice kicks, as well of a couple of terrible ones. Basically the guy works hard, defends well for a small guy,is a decent 2nd/3rd option left foot kicker but lacks creativity or vision. Sounds more like a hooker than a half back to me. He's doing a job for us...
  61. A

How did Beastwood not get MOM

If Eastwood got it they'd have to rename MOM to OM NOM NOM ... And GI still couldn't catch him haha!
  62. A

barba leading try scorer

Yeah would love to see total meters run into score that many tries, that would give you a better idea of the effort in scoring them. Barba would have probably 800m or so, graham maybe 300 tops.
  63. A

The Blame-game thread.

We can't play much worse, they can't play much better combined with an early beating in penalties/possession/field position and we were never in it. Not saying tonight was one guys fault, but I'd suggest Jono Wright lets the doctor catch the baby or get Sandor Earl in to do it.
  64. A

Why a loss won't hurt the Dogs - Jason Taylor - SMH

Remind me again how many premierships this guy was part of in his playing/coaching Career spanning 19 years? Oh that's right, none. Remembered only for being part of the epic Parra fail of the 2001 GF, and punching on with players when coaching before getting the arse.
  65. A

Soundwave 2013

as was this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLuFr2_L-s&feature=relmfu Theres a bunch more stuff on his YT channel and website too, you can buy transcriptions and he gives lessons etc.
  66. A

Soundwave 2013

Ok here you guy, his youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/wrightdrums and here's a couple of vids - he does a bunch of AAL stuff as well as other things like messhugah and dream theatre. Especially cool when you consider a lot of the drums he's playing were originally sequenced (ie...
  67. A

Soundwave 2013

Yeah man, he's in the states now and caught up with Tosin again as well as jamming with a bunch of amazing drummers. When I'm off my phone I'll post a fewlinks to his drum covers.
  68. A

Soundwave 2013

Mate of mine (aussie guy) was supposed to be the new AAL drummer, but the US has some crazy strict visa restrictions for non US musicians playing in the states. This guy (Troy) is a phenomenal drummer, with over 1 million YouTube views on his drum channel. He covered some AAL on his channel and...
  69. A

On The Punt

Be interesting to see if you put a set amount on the underdog straight up in every afl match this year if you'd be up or down in total and by how much.
  70. A

On The Punt

I got a sneaky $5 on Bupa as first and last try scorer- big guy is due and should have extra minutes with Kas ou- paying $61. Also got first try not converted at about $4, worth a shot...
  71. A

Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

I've said it before, no idea what his contract status is but I'd love us to sign Chad Townsend from the Sharks lower grades- dude is an organised big kicker who would be a great compliment for Reynolds. Not necessarily ahead of Hodko or KK but he's talented and I wish we had him with those 2 out.
  72. A

2012 Premiership TAB - Bulldogs

Who was smart enough to get on the dogs back when we were paying $10-15?
  73. A

Sam Perrett to join Bulldogs immediately?

Taupau to the wing :D (Only half joking)....
  74. A

Cheers mate. Keating will be an interesting one, he's lifted his game this year for sure but is still probably on more money than we'd like. Handy guy to have for depth but not worth over 200k if des wants Trent playing 7. We will probably only keep one of Romelo and KK given they both...
  75. A

IMO Des isn't looking to 'get rid' of guys like Turner, Stagg, Halatau etc but also won't be keen on paying overs for them either. Same goes for Tolman, I'm sure he's valued but they won't want to be paying him over 300k (under current cap or equivalent in future) when we have a lot of junior...
  76. A

Bulldogs vs Rabbits Match Day Thread

They've had everything go their way and we're not far down, can still win this much like they did in the 1st game this year. We're fitter with a better bench, still a good shot.
  77. A

frank pritchard's beard

Marketing ploy to sell fake beards on game day, like they used to do with Willie Afro wigs.
  78. A

Roll call Bulldogs V Titans Anyone going ?

I'll be there, but going with broncos supporter mates so sitting in the nosebleeds.
  79. A

This. Happy to have him, if only for the **** he'd cop at training for the first few weeks.
  80. A

Also Hurrell from NZ could be a guru.
  81. A

Agree on Everingham from souths, meant to include him in my list. Meant t Rex as a second explosive 2nd rower with Frank, leaving room for a worker 13 like DF, Dh or DS. I'd rather Townsend as backup half than KK.
  82. A

Who should we be chasing? Now Foran is out of the picture what players would you like us to chase in the next year or two to complete a better roster? Not a dream wish list (c smith,slater etc) but guys we may be able to afford and represent good value. Obviously T Rex is on the radar, a...
  83. A

Trent Hodkinson - 2012 Discussion Thread

No harm done, red heads have no souls.
  84. A

Do you think there we be a fight tonight yes or no??

My prediction: Kas gives DCE some **** about that super gay 'cherry' tattoo, and DCE one shot KO's him with a head kick. Manly get the penalty.
  85. A

Three NRL player managers banned over roles in Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal

Cam smith signed a side letter acknowledging his 'extra' payments... Where is his ban? Feel like the club and managers are the trophies fur the auditors but the stature of a lot of the players involved meant that their involvement was largely swept under the carpet. If it were Ryan Tandy with...
  86. A

Given the choice of guys in similar positions, I'd chase Chad Townsend before Henry.
  87. A

No Payne, No Gain

Must be hard typing out those essays for his masters degree with feet for hands :D
  88. A

Mason to Knights.

Now official.
  89. A

Mason to Knights.

I predict 2-3 barnstorming performances before he gets injured and/or lazy and then does not much for the rest of the year.
  90. A

The Kennel's Greatest Actor Tally

Adam Reynolds from souths made a charge at the list this week, much like Soward before him.
  91. A

Where the game will be won vs the storm

Our spine can't compete with theirs at the moment, but their forwards aside from smith are pretty Vanilla and predictable, if we're going to win it we need to dominate the middle and complete around 90%, basically starve their guns of quality ball. Ideally we want to go up early like we did...
  92. A

Kearney realises what we did months ago...

They started 'beating themselvrs' when they thought Sandow was worth 500k a year.
  93. A

Manly Sea Eagles confident of securing Kieran Foran till 2015

S,S&D to who? Dogs or Manly? TBH with Reynolds going so well I won't be devastated if we miss out on him, get Reynolds for half the money and put the savings towards retaining top up and comers like Kas, Marty, Finucane then lock up Reynolds and Romelo fir another 3 years, plus maybe try to...
  94. A

Round 5 - Titans v Bulldogs Match Thread

Roberts was awesome last night in the eels upset, for the record. Doesn't really matter here anyway as he's a 6, and if he was here Reynolds would probably played 7 instead. Does sound better than KK though, he was ok today but not great. One good pass, tried hard but kicked poorly and doesn't...
  95. A

Round 5 - Titans v Bulldogs Match Thread

So what happened with Ennis?