Search results

1. The Bandit

For Sale - Assorted Furniture

Hi All, My parents are moving house and dont have any room the following furniture so it all needs to be sold, so make an offer. PICK UP ONLY. From Hurstville Area Buffet & Hutch Wall Unit - White Polyurethane. 5 Doors in Hutch with Lights, 4 doors and 3 drawers in buffet - 2500 (L) x...
  2. The Bandit

Sonny seeking to find shadows

Sonny seeking to find shadows By Amy Dale August 14, 2007 THE Bulldogs are doing their best to ignore the individual brilliance of Sonny Bill Williams - hoping that a low profile for the "freakish" star can provide the springboard for a top-four finish. The Bulldogs camp was...
  3. The Bandit

P-plate Bulldogs star drink-drive appeal

P-plate Bulldogs star drink-drive appeal July 12, 2007 - 3:37PM Bulldogs rugby league player Ben Roberts has been stripped of his driver's licence for three months after being convicted of drink driving by a Sydney court. However, the 22-year-old halfback immediately launched an appeal...
  4. The Bandit

Ross should pay for injury

Ross should pay for injury Comment by Ray Chesterton July 12, 2007 AFTER breaking Kane Cleal's jaw and costing him almost $50,000 in lost fees, Ben Ross should be made to pay compensation to the young Bulldogs forward. The National Rugby League obstinately refuses to accept...
  5. The Bandit

Tate quits Broncos early

Tate quits Broncos early By Dan Koch July 10, 2007 NEW Zealand Warriors-bound Brent Tate has begun to pack his bags for his journey across the Tasman, after Brisbane managing director Bruno Cullen acceded to a request for him to be allowed to begin rehabilitation on his injured...
  6. The Bandit

Sonny Bill, Candice blow-up

Sonny Bill, Candice blow-up June 08, 2007 12:00 Article from: The Daily Telecrap HE GOT down and dirty with her in the toilet cubicle at the Clovelly Hotel then publicly claimed that he was "embarrassed and ashamed" - so who can blame Candice Falzon for getting upset when she ran into Sonny...
  7. The Bandit

Mason given healing time

Mason given healing time By Steve Mascord June 06, 2007 NEW South Wales second-row forward Willie Mason should be able to run "full bore" on his injured hamstring by Monday, according to his club doctor. Mason is the only injury concern in a Blues side with three new faces...
  8. The Bandit

Encourage one-club players, urges Clyde

Encourage one-club players, urges Clyde By Matt Marshall June 04, 2007 A DECADE after he and Ricky Stuart were controversially squeezed out of Canberra by the salary cap, Raiders legend Brad Clyde has implored the NRL to urgently multiply its efforts to nurture one-club players...
  9. The Bandit

Broncos winger joins Bradford

Broncos winger joins Bradford From correspondents in London May 03, 2007 BRADFORD Bulls have signed New Zealand winger Tame Tupou from the Brisbane Broncos as a replacement for Lesley Vainikolo, who is expected to join rugby union club Gloucester. Tupou, 24, has agreed a...
  10. The Bandit

Major obstruction removed

Major obstruction removed By Brent Read and Margie McDonald May 02, 2007 AFTER seven weeks in which fans were left bemused, players baffled and coaches frustrated, the NRL yesterday avoided a "riot" by relaxing the obstruction rule. A telephone hook-up of coaches and officials...
  11. The Bandit

Mason's threat angers Origin great

Mason's threat angers Origin great By Dean Ritchie March 26, 2007 THE player who helped pioneer State of Origin last night slammed Willie Mason's plan for a player strike during this year's interstate series in protest at NRL salary cap restrictions. And Rugby League Players...
  12. The Bandit

Players union rejects Mason's threat

Players union rejects Mason's threat By Stuart Honeysett March 26, 2007 THE players union has distanced itself from comments by Bulldogs forward Willie Mason that players were prepared to strike during this year's State of Origin series if the salary cap was not increased...
  13. The Bandit

Club chiefs back Ricky's blueprint

Club chiefs back Ricky's blueprint By Steve Mascord March 22, 2007 TEN NRL clubs favour serious discussion about an A League-style marquee player system following Timana Tahu's defection to rugby union. NRL chief executive David Gallop fears clubs may send themselves broke if...
  14. The Bandit

Big League Cheergirl of the Week :Amber gets a green light

Amber gets a green light By staff writers March 20, 2007 THIS NRL season, Jim Beam and Big League magazine have teamed up to bring you the inside word on the girls that make half-time and try-time special. Each week, we'll profile a cheergirl from around the clubs, and give you an...
  15. The Bandit

No drama now or for future

No drama now or for future By Andrew Johns Newcastle captain March 20, 2007 SONNY Bill Williams is not a dirty player. It's not in his nature. I've known him for a couple of years now and I know he didn't deliberately go out of his way to try to hurt me on Sunday. It was...
  16. The Bandit

Hazem Injured???

Saw Hazem with his family at the beach yesterday and he had one of those compression type bandages on his left leg from under his left knee down past his ankle. It could have just been for precautionary measures but he was walking with a slight limp.
  17. The Bandit

Mason rated most destructive

Mason rated most destructive By Brent Read October 26, 2006 http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20645296-23214,00.html WILLIE Mason will return to Australia's side as the most destructive forward in the world, according to the man who handed him his Test debut in controversial...
  18. The Bandit

Mason warns of Maitua attack

Mason warns of Maitua attack From Steve Mascord in Auckland October 11, 2006 AUSTRALIA prop Willie Mason predicts New Zealand's forwards may try to "get" debutant lock Reni Maitua in the Tri-Nations opener on Saturday afternoon, because he turned down an approach from the Kiwis...
  19. The Bandit

Bulldogs climb off the canvass

Bulldogs climb off the canvass By Steve Mascord September 22, 2006 BULLDOGS coach Steve Folkes began planning for tonight's showdown with Brisbane almost as soon as Steve Clark blew full-time on the previous match between the sides. It was August 18 and the Broncos had put the...
  20. The Bandit

Asotasi 'to be less than devastating'

Asotasi 'to be less than devastating' By Steve Ricketts September 22, 2006 BRISBANE coach Wayne Bennett expects Bulldogs prop Roy Asotasi to be well below his devastating best in preliminary final, his comeback match from injury, at Aussie Stadium tonight. Asotasi is set to...
  21. The Bandit

Don't count on top two

Don't count on top two By Gorden Tallis September 19, 2006 IT might just be a case of out of sight, out of mind, but I'm tipping that the top two teams all year - Melbourne and the Bulldogs - to drop out of the NRL title race this weekend. Brisbane and St George-Illawarra are...
  22. The Bandit

Broncos, Dogs gear up for 'Origin IV'

Broncos, Dogs gear up for 'Origin IV' By Mick Daly September 19, 2006 THE preliminary final between the Bulldogs and Brisbane on Friday will be like a fourth State of Origin match or a grand final come early, Bulldogs enforcer Mark O'Meley said yesterday. The New South Wales...
  23. The Bandit

Gorrell not a happy hooker

Gorrell not a happy hooker By James Hooper September 13, 2006 HE'S the local junior St George Illawarra keep overlooking - the match-winning goalkicker who may have to work part-time to continue his promising NRL career next season. Despite having emerged as one of the game's...
  24. The Bandit

Asotasi fears season is over

Asotasi fears season is over By Josh Massoud and Dean Ritchie August 22, 2006 BULLDOGS enforcer Roy Asotasi fears he has played his last game for the club after scans yesterday confirmed the Kiwi prop would be sidelined until the grand final at best. On a day of intense drama...
  25. The Bandit

Warhorses will prove their worth

Warhorses will prove their worth Source: The Australian By Darren Lockyer Brisbane and Australia captain August 18, 2006 THERE is always plenty at stake when Brisbane plays the Bulldogs, but tonight's game promises to be something special for all rugby league fans. Over the years...
  26. The Bandit

Three men and prayer to pull down Sonny Bill

Three men and prayer to pull down Sonny Bill Source: The Australian By Dan Koch August 18, 2006 BRISBANE coach Wayne Bennett admits he will be looking for some divine assistance to help shut down Bulldogs star Sonny Bill Williams at Telstra Stadium tonight. After a slow start to...
  27. The Bandit

Carney wants to go home

Carney wants to go home By Dean Ritchie with AAP August 17, 2006 GOLD Coast had its first day of high drama in the NRL yesterday, with talk that wing Brian Carney wants out of his Titans contract and anger at Steve Turner's decision to spurn the club. Speculation is mounting...
  28. The Bandit

Dragons cop double injury blow

Dragons cop double injury blow August 15, 2006 INJURY has further dented St George Illawarra's season with halfback Mathew Head and winger Colin Best both ruled out of Sunday's crucial NRL clash with Wests Tigers at OKI Jubilee Stadium. The seventh-placed Dragons are on a club...
  29. The Bandit

Referees boss caught offside

Referees boss caught offside By James Hooper August 16, 2006 NRL chief executive David Gallop last night ordered an inquiry into an embarrassing bungle by referees' boss Robert Finch - who has been exposed for not knowing his own rules. In the latest controversy uncovered by...
  30. The Bandit

Bulldogs bask in calm before Storm

Bulldogs bask in calm before Storm By Ray Chesterton August 14, 2006 THE Bulldogs and Melbourne were separated by 1000km yesterday but joined by word of mouth. Storm was breaking in the Broncos 18-12 in Brisbane and the Dogs were extinguishing St george-Illawarra's fire 26-10...
  31. The Bandit

Maitua 'advised not to attend court'

Maitua 'advised not to attend court' Thursday Aug 10 19:44 AEST Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad defended Reni Maitua, saying the rugby league player had not skipped his final court appearance. Maitua was due to be sentenced for high-range drink driving at Sutherland Local Court on...
  32. The Bandit

Thurston out until finals..

Thurston out until finals By Stuart Honeysett August 3, 2006 NORTH Queensland will have to make the finals series this season without its best player following the news Johnathan Thurston will take longer than expected to recover from his knee injury. Pop ... Thurston sustained the...
  33. The Bandit

Timmins moves to Castleford

Timmins moves to Castleford From correspondents in London July 19, 2006 FORMER Australia international utility player Shaun Timmins has signed a two-year deal to play for Super League side Castleford. Timmins, 29, who won nine caps for Australia and will join from St.George-Illawarra...
  34. The Bandit

Smith to Roosters, Anasta to lock

Smith to Roosters, Anasta to lock By Brent Read July 19, 2006 BRETT Finch may not be the only Sydney Roosters player on the move next season as Braith Anasta is set to make a permanent switch to lock as the Bondi Junction club looks to turn its dwindling fortunes around. The Australian...
  35. The Bandit

Cap fits, loyalty counts for nothing

Cap fits, loyalty counts for nothing July 14, 2006 THE salary cap fits snugly on most of the NRL's odd shapes and sizes - its basic premise is to level the playing field, and it performs that task pretty well. The salary cap ensures the haves and the have-nots (leagues clubs or media...
  36. The Bandit

Anasta gives Myles a nudge

Anasta gives Myles a nudge By Brent Read July 14, 2006 BRAITH Anasta has joined the Sydney Roosters' push to sign Nate Myles. Anasta, a former teammate of Myles at the Bulldogs, had a word in the young forward's ear at a coaching clinic on Wednesday. Time will tell whether Anasta's...
  37. The Bandit

Melbourne lets Feeney go

Melbourne lets Feeney go By Karl deKroo July 12, 2006 MELBOURNE Storm lock Jamie Feeney could be forced out of the NRL next season. The club has told Feeney it will not exercise an option on his contract for next season. Trapped behind Queensland lock Dallas Johnson, Feeney, 28, has...
  38. The Bandit

Mason Out Of Storm Game Tonight

Source: www.bulldogs.com.au Willie Mason has been ruled out of the Bulldogs-Storm game this evening in Melbourne. Mason has not recovered from a badly corked thigh initially sustained during the second State of Origin match. He played with the injury in the 'Dogs win over the Cowboys last...
  39. The Bandit

Bulldogs deal bad news for Asotasi

Bulldogs deal bad news for Asotasi By Stuart Honeysett and Brent Read June 8, 2006 THE BULLDOGS are almost certain to lose New Zealand prop Roy Asotasi next season after utility Reni Maitua signed a new three-year deal with the club yesterday. Maitua's decision now leaves the Belmore...
  40. The Bandit

Convert .rmvb to mpeg???

How do i convert a file .rmvb to an .mpeg file??? Which program do i need???
  41. The Bandit

Footy star guilty plea on drink-drive - Maitua

Footy star guilty plea on drink-drive May 18, 2006 BULLDOGS rugby league player Reni Maitua has pleaded guilty in Sydney to a high-range drink-driving offence. Maitua was charged after returning a blood alcohol reading of 0.165 at Cronulla, in Sydney's south, on Anzac Day. The...
  42. The Bandit

ATTN: Design Experts, 10 Million Kennel Points!!

Hi Guys/Girls, My misses makes Swarovski Jewellery as a side project and asked me to make a Logo for her. I have no idea how to use Photoshop and attached is the best example i could come up with. So i am asking for my fellow kennelers help I will give away upto 10 million kennel points to...
  43. The Bandit

Olympic stadium dangerous: Manly

Olympic stadium dangerous: Manly By Stuart Honeysett April 24, 2006 MANLY officials took photographs of the Telstra Stadium surface yesterday after complaints from several of its players, including captain Ben Kennedy, that it was dangerous. It is the second time this year the playing...
  44. The Bandit

Go easy on stars: Mason

Go easy on stars: Mason By Josh Massoud April 11, 2006 BULLDOGS hardman Willie Mason has urged the NRL to release pressure on the game's brightest stars by removing their "massive pedestals". Mason issued his plea as speculation surrounding the code's two most marketable drawcards -...
  45. The Bandit

Random Bulldogs Pics

Please keep this thread for PICTURES ONLY. ALL DISCUSSION GOES HERE: http://www.thekennel.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=28828 Share any photos you guys have...of players past or present, big or small, team photos, Wallpapers, Logos, your own creations whatever you have so everybody can...
  46. The Bandit

Hodgson right choice for Captain: Prince

Hodgson right choice: Prince By Ray Chesterton March 7, 2006 IT was a quick smile and acknowledgment between two young professionals that nothing changes faster than rugby league. Departing Wests Tigers captain Scott Prince was walking away with a sole TV interviewer after training at...
  47. The Bandit

Thurston in line for captaincy

Thurston in line for captaincy By Laine Clark March 6, 2006 JOHNATHAN Thurston is in line to cap a meteoric rise at North Queensland with the captaincy in 2007 after Travis Norton revealed he's to retire at the end of this season. North Queensland chief executive Peter Parr said Norton's...
  48. The Bandit

Prince to quit Tigers

** Dont know how true this is yet as it came from the Telecrap, but time will tell ** Prince to quit Tigers Exclusive by Dean Ritchie March 1, 2006 TEST halfback Scott Prince will quit premiership-winning Wests Tigers and join the Gold Coast Titans. The Daily Telegraph has learned...
  49. The Bandit

Reni Maitua Quiz

Was searching for a pic of tattoos and came across this.... Reni Quiz - How Well do u Know Reni??
  50. The Bandit

FS: AMP & SPLITS

Have these left from my old setup $150 for both.......any takers - 4 x 100 watt Schneider amp (SPA-9704) - Pioneer 6.5" Splits (TS-C1601) same as the current TS-C1602 with a slightly different cover. I have even got some door moulds which ill throw in. PM me for more details...
  51. The Bandit

FS: SE K700i's

Hi Guys i got a couple of ex demo K700i's for sale all in the complete box i think one might be missing a headset i think all have waranty left on them and proof of purchases will be supplied with phones. Am looking for about the $300 mark for pick up or can be shipped anywhere at buyers expense...
  52. The Bandit

FS: DECK, STACKER, SUBS, SPILTS & AMP

Fs: Deck, Stacker, Spilts & Amp ** OK, NEED TO SELL THIS ASAP. $300 CAN TAKE THE LOT ** Hi Guys, I have my old setup sitting at home collecting dust thought id try and get rid of it. Ive got a - Pioneer flip down tape deck with 3 colour display (KEH P8650) - 6 CD Pioneer Stacker (CDX...
  53. The Bandit

For club and country: ARL

For club and country: ARL By Brent Read and Stuart Honeysett August 24, 2005 THE Australian Rugby League will consider the extreme step of imposing club bans on players who miss Test matches as concern grows that the upcoming Tri-Nations tournament will be weakened by mass drop-outs from...
  54. The Bandit

Prince may be crowned

Prince may be crowned By Daniel Pace August 23, 2005 WESTS Tigers halfback Scott Prince has a good chance of making his rugby league debut for Australia this year, but only if Andrew Johns is unavailable for the start of the Tri-Nations series. Prince, in combination with halves partner...
  55. The Bandit

Depleted Manly cancels training

Depleted Manly cancels training By Dean Ritchie August 18, 2005 MANLY was forced to cancel a training run yesterday because the club simply had too many injured players. Coach Des Hasler looked at his wounded troops - Ben Kennedy, Brent Kite, Michael Monaghan, Chad Randall, Steve...
  56. The Bandit

Gasnier, Cooper going nowhere

Gasnier, Cooper going nowhere By Dean Ritchie August 18, 2005 ST GEORGE-Illawarra yesterday held secret contract negotiations with star centres Mark Gasnier and Matt Cooper, with the pair likely to forgo a combined total of $1 million to stay at the club. Staying put ... Cooper (l) and...
  57. The Bandit

How i nearly lost my leg....

How I nearly lost my leg By Steve Ricketts August 17, 2005 BARRY Berrigan is still counting his blessings after a seemingly simple calf muscle injury could have led to him losing his lower left leg. Scar tissue ... Berrigan displays his war wound at training. Pic: Darren England...
  58. The Bandit

Vagana new Sharks No.6!!

Vagana new Sharks No.6 By David Riccio August 17, 2005 DESPERATE Sharks coach Stuart Raper will gamble on Kiwi Test centre Nigel Vagana at five-eighth for his side's crunch match with Manly on Sunday. In a series of changes Raper has been forced to reshuffle the inconsistent Sharks...
  59. The Bandit

Full House at Four Games..

Full houses at four games By Dean Ritchie August 11, 2005 THE NRL has reached unprecedented popularity with four matches this weekend poised to be sold out as five radio stations line up to call matches next season. NRL chief executive David Gallop was last night contemplating sellouts...
  60. The Bandit

For Sale Section!

Dont know if this has been brought up before but what about having a For Sale section where people can sell Memorabilia and other Random things. Its also gives people on the Kennel first dibs at stuff before they hit ebay etc etc.
  61. The Bandit

Premiers are on the ropes....

Premiers are on the ropes By Dean Ritchie August 9, 2005 THE Bulldogs' premiership defence is in tatters with halfback Brent Sherwin fracturing his thumb and winger Matt Utai facing a three-match suspension. X-rays yesterday confirmed the break, sustained in the weekend's loss to...
  62. The Bandit

Lyons a Super Choice...

Lyons a Super choice By Steve Ricketts August 4, 2005 LEGENDARY centres Mal Meninga and Steve Renouf have urged the Australian Rugby League to select Jamie Lyon from the English Super League for this year's Tri-Nations tour. Meninga, captain of the 1990 and 1994 Kangaroos, rates Lyon the...
  63. The Bandit

Bets are off after El-Masri loss!!!

Bets are off after El Masri loss By David Riccio July 28, 2005 PUNTERS have responded to the injury of the Bulldogs' prolific pointscorer Hazem El Masri by leaving the premiers unwanted and friendless. Bulldogs club doctor Hugh Hazard confirmed yesterday that El Masri would be sidelined...
  64. The Bandit

Bulldogs tackle pointless exercise..

Bulldogs tackle pointless exercise By Stuart Honeysett July 22, 2005 BULLDOGS coach Steve Folkes admits he is concerned with the premiers' inability to score second-half points heading into tonight's blockbuster against Brisbane at Telstra Stadium. Folkes also said the match against the...
  65. The Bandit

Thorn, Willie tango at Monsters Ball..

Thorn, Willie tango at monsters' ball By Dan Koch July 22, 2005 PLAYERS don't get much bigger than Broncos veteran Brad Thorn and Bulldogs giant Willie Mason. The pair both stand 195cm and weigh in around 115kg, depending on who is measuring. In tonight's heavyweight Broncos-Bulldogs...
  66. The Bandit

Why Webke fears Dogs!!

Why Webcke fears Dogs By Den Dorries July 22, 2005 BRONCOS forward leader Shane Webcke fears the Bulldogs as the premiership wildcards that could send shockwaves through the NRL finals. Webcke says the premiers, perched in 10th place just outside the top eight, are starting to hit some...
  67. The Bandit

Heavies watch young Kiwis...

Heavies watch young Kiwis By Dean Ritchie July 20, 2005 IT was the most unusual location for some of rugby league's heaviest hitters to gather. Humble Wentworth Park dog track at Glebe was yesterday home to a Who's Who of NRL. New Zealand's Junior Kiwis were playing a tour match...
  68. The Bandit

Cutler Injury Update & other injury returns

Tale of two halves By Brent Read July 20, 2005 BRETT Firman and Beau Champion are five years, 21 first-grade games and 1700km apart. But this weekend the halfbacks will be united in a common goal: attempting to make the most of starting debuts for their respective clubs. An excited...
  69. The Bandit

Headless Chooks

Headless Chooks By James Hooper July 20, 2005 SYDNEY Roosters halfback Brett Finch has shouldered much of the blame for the surprising form slump at Bondi Junction, conceding the 2002 premiers are still adjusting to life without Brad Fittler. In a candid self-appraisal, the Roosters'...
  70. The Bandit

Tate set to return on wing!!

Tate set to return on wing By Barry **** and Amy Harris July 19, 2005 FORMER Test centre Brent Tate makes no secret of his dislike for playing out of position but he may be forced to return on the wing for the Broncos in Friday night's NRL blockbuster clash with the Bulldogs. Tate has...
  71. The Bandit

Our Bubble has Burst - Monaghan

Our bubble has burst: Monaghan By Laine Clark July 19, 2005 IT's official - the bubble has burst at Manly, according to Sea Eagles skipper Michael Monaghan. The Manly halfback made the brutally honest call last night, a day after the former NRL ladder leaders slid to their fourth...
  72. The Bandit

Webke should have paid dearly..

Webcke should have paid dearly Comment by Ray Chesterton July 19, 2005 BRISBANE prop Shane Webcke should be out for at least a month for his dangerous tackle on Melbourne winger Jake Webster. And Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett should be sitting alongside Webcke in the grandstand as a...
  73. The Bandit

Ross Signs with Cronulla..

Ross signs NRL deal with Cronulla 17:55 AEST Sat Jul 16 2005 AAP A chance to play alongside halfback Brett Kimmorley has prompted Queensland forward Ben Ross to end weeks of speculation and sign a lucrative four-year deal with Cronulla from 2006. Penrith prop Ross, 25, ended a three-way...
  74. The Bandit

4th Gold Coast Signing expected

Fourth Gold Coast signing expected 14 July 2005 The Gold Coast is close to signing its fourth player, with officials from the new NRL club hopeful of making a player announcement on Friday. Gold Coast chairman Paul Broughton confirmed the franchise was currently negotiating with...
  75. The Bandit

Stevens Announces Retirement

Stevens announces retirement 15 July 2005 Sharks front rower Jason Stevens officially announced his retirement and the launch of his testimonial charity dinner last night on the Channel 9 Footy Show. A veteran of 13 years in the NRL with the Cronulla-Sutherland and St George clubs...
  76. The Bandit

Braith the next Freddy!!

Braith the next Freddy By Dean Ritchie July 13, 2005 SYDNEY Roosters last night revealed how it was able to sign rep stars Braith Anasta and Ashley Harrison - by offloading $1 million in playing talent. New chook ... how Braith will look next season. Frustrated at being questioned...
  77. The Bandit

Trent Barret??

Do you think he was wrong or right in the way he reacted to the P.J Marsh tackle?? I think it was pretty poor effort from the Dragon captain....if you are gonna hit someone at least hit them face to face not attack them from behind.
  78. The Bandit

Top Eel Goes Overseas

Top Eel goes overseas By Phil Rothfield June 28, 2005 ANOTHER senior rugby league chief executive has taken off on an overseas trip at the busiest part of the season - just a few days before the anti-tampering deadline. Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald is in Singapore for a week-long...
  79. The Bandit

i wont stop talking to Braith: Piggins!!

I won't stop talking Braith: Piggins By Ray Chesterton June 28, 2005 SOUTHS hero George Piggins has warned the NRL it is on a "hiding to nothing" if it tries to stop him speaking to his nephew, the much sought after Braith Anasta. In the tough parlance of the rucks, Piggins bluntly...
  80. The Bandit

Gold Coast Signs Bailey

Gold Coast signs Bailey 27 June 2005 The Gold Coast Rugby League Consortium has signed its second top class player for the NRL franchise. Australian Kangaroos, New South Wales State of Origin and Dragons Prop Luke Bailey confirmed his intention to move to the coast in 2007 by agreeing...
  81. The Bandit

Corey Payne Stays a Dragon & Peachy UK offer.

Huge UK offer tempts Peachey By Brent Read and Stuart Honeysett June 24, 2005 CRONULLA stalwart David Peachey is poised to accept a $300,000-a-season offer to join English Super League club Widnes for two years. The Sharks fullback discussed the lucrative offer with his partner last...
  82. The Bandit

Origin door ajar for Barrett..

Origin door ajar for Barrett By Laine Clark June 23, 2005 A CHANGE of heart by New South Wales selector Bob McCarthy has opened the Origin door for injured pivot Trent Barrett, in worrying news for incumbent Blues five-eighth Braith Anasta. McCarthy originally said Barrett would not be...
  83. The Bandit

Mad Dog Origin Plea..

Mad Dog Origin plea By Brent Rread June 23, 2005 ADAM MacDougall, once the most feared winger in the game, has pleaded with NSW selectors to give him the chance to do an "Andrew Johns" in the third and deciding State of Origin game. Inspired by Johns's Origin II heroics, MacDougall sent...
  84. The Bandit

Mason offered star status..

Mason offered star status By Brent Read June 23, 2005 WILLIE Maons's manager said yesterday it was up to the Bulldogs to re-open talks as it emerged the club had offered to make the Test forward one of its two star players. The Bulldogs tabled a revised offer to Mason on Monday night...
  85. The Bandit

Ricko denies gambling problem

Ricko denies gambling a problem By Steve Jancetic June 22, 2005 SYDNEY Roosters stalwart Luke Ricketson believes rugby league is being targeted unfairly in the debate over problem gambling, despite another high-profile player going public over his troubles with the punt. Injured New...
  86. The Bandit

Gold Coast hunts Bailey....

Coast nabs Campbell, hunts Bailey By Dave Donaghy and Steve Jancetic June 22, 2005 THE new Gold Coast NRL club will turn its attention to securing New South Wales prop Luke Bailey by next week after unveiling Preston Campbell as its inaugural signing today. Campbell will spearhead the...
  87. The Bandit

Gold Coast's 1st Signing...

Coast sign classy pivot By Brent Read and Stuart Honeysett June 22, 2005 GOLD COAST is more than 18 months from joining the NRL premiership, but that won't stop the club unveiling electrifying Penrith five-eighth Preston Campbell as its inaugural signing today. And NSW prop Luke Bailey...
  88. The Bandit

Injuries Stall Blues' buildup...

Injuries stall Blues' buildup By Dean Ritchie June 22, 2005 THE selection of NSW's State of Origin squad was last night thrown into confusion for the third and deciding match to be played in Brisbane. Injury concerns may prompt the Blues selectors into making several changes when the NSW...
  89. The Bandit

Knights biggest cleanout

Knights' biggest cleanout By Barry Toohey June 22, 2005 NEWCASTLE are poised to undergo the biggest player cleanout in the club's history with as many as 10 first-graders to be cut as part of a complete overhaul of football operations at the end of the season. Veterans Mark Hughes and...
  90. The Bandit

South Keen on Peachey & Stevens

Souths keen on Peachey June 21, 2005 SOUTH Sydney have expressed an interest in signing veteran Cronulla fullback David Peachey. Sharks chief executive Steve Rogers and coach Stuart Raper are aware of Souths' interest and will meet today to discuss Peachey's future. Rogers has also...
  91. The Bandit

Top Dog Finally Back in Kennel.

Top Dog finally back in kennel By Jon Geddes June 17, 2005 BULLDOGS CEO Malcolm Noad emerged from his first day back at the office yesterday but showed no regret for his mid-season sojourn to Greece. At 6pm last night Noad emerged from the Bulldogs office to be greeted by The Daily...
  92. The Bandit

Maroons reckon they can still win the series!

We can win series: Maroons By Michael Crutcher June 16, 2005 A DEFIANT Queensland forward pack insisted the same Maroons team torched by Andrew Johns last night could rebound in the Origin decider at Suncorp Stadium on July 6. Carl Webb and Brad Thorn lifted the tone in a downcast...
  93. The Bandit

Will Anasta keep his spot for Origin III???

Anasta had a pretty good game tonight, a few errors here and there but they didnt cost us the game, Do you guys reckon he will retain his spot if Barrett is fit??
  94. The Bandit

Anasta to Reject Deadline..

Anasta to reject deadline From correspondents in Sydney June 15, 2005 BRAITH Anasta's manager Greg Willett says the NSW Origin five-eighth will reject any proposed deadline to re-sign with the Bulldogs when contract negotiations are reopened tomorrow. Willett said last night the...
  95. The Bandit

O'Mealy keen to Make up for Lost time..

O'Meley keen to Make up for Lost time.. O'Meley keen to make up for lost time By Brent Read June 15, 2005 GAME three of State of Origin will be in the back of Mark O'Meley's mind when the Bulldogs enforcer comes to the aid of his struggling club by making an early return from injury on...
  96. The Bandit

CEO admits he broke the Rules..

CEO admits he broke the anti -tampering Rules.. CEO admits he broke the rules By Stuart Honeysett June 10, 2005 A FORMER club chief executive yesterday admitted to breaching the NRL's anti-tampering rules on several occasions during his tenure. The CEO, who wished to remain anonymous...
  97. The Bandit

Who will Captain the Blues???

Will they now give the captaincy back to Johns or leave it with Buderus?
  98. The Bandit

Appreciation & Apologies to Noad.

Alot of people were quick to jump to conclusions about Noad getting a tan in Greece.....we all know we wish we were there with him...... Good on ya Malcolm we all knew there was a decent explination behind it all.. :) All Hail Sir Malcolm Noad... :headbange