Search results

1. J

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Sutton wonders hey we throw bottles at him?
  2. J

How is Sutton a first grade referee?!!! Let alone any grade?!
  3. J

Are you kidding Sutton!!! How many tries you want to give them?!!
  4. J

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Great to see the opposition at 0 Small steps for the boys Proud to hear the boys wanted to make win at Belmore as it’s ‘home’
  5. J

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Curran has played really well! Kikaus efforts have been first class. Bit of time to go but the boys should learn consistent efforts will go a long way
  6. J

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

We chew too much juice early in the piece with errors and unfortunately the ‘rub of the green’ is never our way. played a man down for the whole match. We were beaten in the middle due to a lot of defence early. We are really in need of a ‘metre eater’ prop to lead our sets.
  7. J

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Don’t like the fact that the halves get the ball off Salmon on a short side as it ‘cramps’ the centres and wingers. A lot of times Crichton and Xerri were getting the ball within 5m of the sideline. Would rather have Salmon on the open and have Taffe running as an inside option off the edge...
  8. J

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Salmon looked ok in the middle with the shifts. Don’t like Mahoney at first receiver when we are in opposition 20. Taffe went well, the flegg boys def have some talent. I think some nsw cup time for them will benefit them long term with some ‘harder/faster’ footy, Hughes had some good runs Will...
  9. J

reynolds carrigan fight

It was released. Wighton can blue with the best of them
  10. J

reynolds carrigan fight

The Wighton/Mitchell ‘disagreement’ was more of a ‘brawl’ then the Reynolds/Carriagan ‘brawl’
  11. J

Official Gus on Twitter

I liked what we did in 2008 with all emblems on a ‘heritage’ jersey
  12. J

Official Gus on Twitter

Confused how in 04 we celebrated the 70th year and then in 14 we celebrated 80th but we have skipped 24 as the 90th and making it 25?Does Gus want to wipe a year out? Wonder which year it is if infact he does :tearsofjoy:
  13. J

Klemmer back to the dogs?

Tigers would have to pay a big cut of the contract. Numbers are ok for the last few seasons but part of me says it won’t happen
  14. J

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

Not a fan of Matterson. Head knock risk plus he took games off rather then fine when suspended so probably not a ‘team’ player
  15. J

News Sydney venue moves $26m in pokies profits to NRL club as ‘community development and support’

I think the club is aware this was going to happen. I think they are working on alternatives. A lot more sponsorship etc etc. It probably won’t get to what the leagues clubs gives the football club. Of course we get singled out. Im in Canberra and we have four ‘raiders clubs’ panthers have more...
  16. J

Stephen Crichton

Hope he plays well and of course no injuries. If playing 5/8 opens up opportunities to enhance his ball playing that would be great, even if he doesn’t play fullback. Means he is a capable fill in. His goal kicking is very good so we will have options next year. I do believe that Sexton and...
  17. J

Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

Middle forwards off contract for 2024 Poasa Faamausili Jordan McLean Nathan Brown
  18. J

News Taaffe prepared for Bulldogs No. 1 battle

We def need that option of another ball player. He is quick also. Not Walsh quick but I believe he could play a similar role. Floating behind and then rushing into gaps. I think Crichton may also float around as Tommy T did in origin
  19. J

News Taaffe prepared for Bulldogs No. 1 battle

Crichton has played mostly on the right his career and has a good combo with To’o. He was moved to the left to help Luai in defence with his bad shoulder as they actually backed Tago and Cleary to hold the right. Broncos actually targeted that right side to try and tire Cleary and work him over...
  20. J

Liverpool stadium

That’s shite!! Doesn’t the council think of rates gained?
  21. J

Liverpool stadium

Just read this Isn’t Liverpool part of a bulldogs strategic plan...
  22. J

Coaching Structure 2024

Can def see Benji and Farah having a falling out.He is a virus
  23. J

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Didn’t we sack Suli for being late and other issues? If the guy was late to his job then he deserves to be punished. When players and former players have been interviewed about this they are 100% behind the punishment. I’m sure the ‘standards’ had been communicated. I’m sure the player who quit...
  24. J

No Haas, No Tino, No TPJ, No Worries

Think he will end up at the dolphins. How many years would Bromwich and co have left? He spends 1 year under them then he has to step up when they leave
  25. J

Gus on 100% Footy

Confirms he will get first crack at the no 1 so is Blake Taffe a half?
  26. J

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

We just don’t have a ‘attack’ don’t know if it’s all the changes with the halfback and fullback? Whoever is the ‘attack’ coach needs to be politely told to ‘f%*k’ off and find one. Our attack is easier to read than a ‘Grug’ book in the opposition 30m. I don’t think it’s Potter so is it Balin?
  27. J

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

So they changed the rule back to ‘no separation’ being awarded a try so am I blind or could the argument be Brough forward that Preston had a finger on the ball the whole time on that last play?
  28. J

Rd 21 v Panthers

Panthers bascially at full strength. Our team pretty shuffled around and still players out injured. Second half was better but we need to curb these periods when we let teams pour on the points. Avirello being let go is an absolutely ridiculous decision! He will play rep football under Bennett...
  29. J

Rd 21 v Panthers

We need to offer cash to Avirello to get him to back flip on Dolphins deal
  30. J

"It will turn soon...." Cameron Ciraldo.

What is Potters role now? He isn’t in the coaches box ever?
  31. J

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

Disappointed that we let Avo go If we were basing on this years performances would have really pushed Avo to re-sign and maybe let Perlman and Alamoti go? I will be even more gutted if Avo kills it at the dolphins, he did make the prime ministers XIII in the last 2 years so it says that others...
  32. J

100% Footy - Luke Brooks

It was our golden era! The ‘drought’ since our last premiership has been the longest in my life! 19 years is not fair on bulldogs fans! We also have a ‘tradition’ in the 5th year of decades that we must continue! 1974 made the gf 1984 won the gf 1994 made the gf 2004 won the gf 2014 made the gf...
  33. J

Official Gus on Twitter

Think Gus is just throwing them off with that. I think he has a plan for 7 but we just have to wait and see?
  34. J

Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

Defence just gets steamrolled same old same old
  35. J

Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

We just get punished for our errors and then the floodgates open
  36. J

Official Round 15: Bulldogs V.s. Parramatta, Match day thread:

Some awful defence on the edges
  37. J

Mahoney out? Brown stood down?

Re Mahoney I think he will be able to play. .
  38. J

Opinion Ryan Sutton

Is the signing offical?
  39. J

Opinion Are we ever gonna lose this us against the world feeling

Ciraldo seemed pissed at end of presser. Whether it’s frustration or just that end to the game not sure. Don’t forget we still have some forward cattle out with injury. He mentioned Oloapu hadn’t had a pre season and defensively is going ok. Our attack is still ‘one dimensional’ in the...
  40. J

Opinion TPJ/FOX

TPJ was one of our best today. I thought he was a little unfairly criticised in the nsw loss. As fans we just want consistency from referees and we don’t get atm in the NRL
  41. J

Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

Again all the 50/50 calls go against us. We really let a few soft tries in with some poor one on one misses. Really missed Mahoney when he went off although Edwards did ok filling in. We need to fix up how we attack in the opposition 20 getting repeat sets. Burton is missing Kikau badly and...
  42. J

Opinion Jersey loyalties v Player loyalty

Apparently in a match Mundine was talking trash to Fittler calling him a ‘has been’ and that he was the ‘man’ and going on about being nsw 5/8. One of the roosters apparently said to him ‘the closest you’ll get to an origin jersey is asking to borrow one of Freddie’s 20 odd his got’ apparently a...
  43. J

Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

We need to speed our play the ball and use that right side more I would have thought with Avirello on Croker he would have seen more balls come at him then a Bangkok strip club
  44. J

Also when did the rule change that if a penalty try is awarded after a professional foul is committed that their is no sin bin?
  45. J

Doesn’t help having calls that usually a 50/50 being 20/80. But to be honest we were awful today with the amount of dropped balls and the soft tries in the first half.
  46. J

Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

The best thing about that win was the fact we played both tough and entertaining! Burns was amazing! It was like CC told him ‘just play like Kiraz!’ We we’re better with Reynolds and Olapu on the right side. Avirello showed his got pace to burn. Hopefully this takes a little pressure off Burton...
  47. J

Official Burton

Defences know our right side atm isn’t a threat with Flanagan as he isn’t a dangerous ball runner and with Avirello on one leg and no Kiraz our left edge is easy pickings We need to put Reynolds on the right side. He is a better ball runner then Flanagan defences start to look a bit and it...
  48. J

News NRL under pressure from clubs to censor Phil Gould

Agree If the Roosters don’t make the 8 or go out of the finals early so the whispers about Robinson start? We sadly sell newspapers or get hits on social media and the rest of the internet. Look at the coverage for the fact we have troops injured. Sadly we have to get used to the media bashing...
  49. J

Gerrard Sutton.

11-3 penalty count Ciraldo in the presser couldn’t believe Preston’s sin bin. When asked if he thought it was a sin bin he smirked ‘Did you?’
  50. J

Gerrard Sutton.

He is a terrible referee! He should be dropped for that performance. ‘50/50’ calls when he referees us become 10/90 He missed over 5 forward passes from souths. His interpretation of calls is mind boggling to say the least! The fact we had a 5 day turnaround for this game is ridiculous from the...
  51. J

Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

Hard to defend when the referees eyes are painted on and he can’t see blatant forward passes!!
  52. J

Opinion Who are our forwards next week?

Fairly rough Souths get a 7 day turnaround and we get 5 for one of the biggest matches of the year. Thank you V’landys
  53. J

Kiraz

The ‘Lebanese express’ (can we say that in this day and age?) He played great last night If your back 3 play well and make metres it’s just a roll on for the forwards. He had 5 off loads and some good post contact metres. He is developing a knack for beating the first man in attack. Great right...
  54. J

Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

First half very good These young blokes need to just hold the ball for sets and be patient. A lot of defence in first half from Canberra so let’s keep the pressure on they will buckle
  55. J

News Buzz weekend highs and lows: Financial threat to Phil Gould’s Canterbury Bulldogs rebuild | Daily Telegraph

Exactly right! Hang on though? Aren’t sponsorships at the bulldogs the biggest for years? Hasn’t membership gone up? Have we not bought players to improve our ladder position? You have to ‘spend money to make money’ Mr Rothfield? Hasn’t Mr Rothfields team the sharks just sold real estate to keep...
  56. J

New jersey leak

I prefer keeping the blue shorts for the ‘away’ jersey , looks a little too much like Newtown and the warriors. Don’t mind the home jersey looks like a bit of a mix of our 2012-2014 style with the traditional jersey. I’ll buy it even though I work for McDonalds
  57. J

Laundy Hotels Extend their contract as a major sponsor

Has the club now confirmed all sponsors for the 2023 season? Just saw a Twitter post with the team having coffee/lunch and kfc was across the back of singlets now laundy front of jersey Ultimate security top of back M&j chickens (Jenny souris) bottom of back jersey Young academics sleeve
  58. J

Josh Addo-Carr is the most talented winger the Bulldogs have ever had

Love the fox I actually think Brett Dallas may have given him a pretty good contest over 100m For me how many games did we win off Hazem’s and for that matter Halligans boot. Also believe ‘Elmagic’ was a better defender as the Fox has been caught out a few times this season that cost the team
  59. J

Official Gus on Twitter

They don’t realise how when we go well the game goes well! Haha! Soon we will be entrenched up top again, where we belong!
  60. J

Official Gus on Twitter

Guessing these old boys are back or still affiliated with the club? This is great to see. So many memories from these players.
  61. J

Bulldogs Greatest Team!!

Lamb missed 85 gf through injury (we still would have won and probably by more then a point) 88 Mortimer cam off the bench in last 5 min So if you that potentially could even up appearances and wins Mortimer 79-L 80-W 84-W 85-W 86-L 88-W-(played last 5 min as a ‘thank you’) Lamb 84-W 85-W-(did...
  62. J

Rumour Furner signs with tigers

Opens a assistant coaching spot…. Potter?
  63. J

News Potter wants permanent Bulldogs NRL role

Really hope Potter is offered an assistant role or the nsw cup gig at least. He has shown he ‘has it’ as a NRL coach. He surely as ‘bulldog’ he would know the pathways we need and really mend the juniors that have been neglected in the last 10 years.
  64. J

Opinion How do we overcome referee bias?

As we improve and become a top 8 side, get more prime time TV games we will soon see referees give us the ‘run of the green’ If we can get 1-2 journos to highlight how referees miss a lot on us and we continually get the ‘wrong end of the stick’ it will change. The NRL could do everyone in the...
  65. J

Official Team List Round 18 v Rabbitohs + Match Discussion

We have definitely improved! We would have lost that by 40 or more earlier in the year. Just those ‘1%ers’ and we just don’t get the ‘rub of the green’. The last souths try of the first half Walker could have been a penalised for a head high? Then one of the last tries Mitchell’s pass is...
  66. J

Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

Shows where we are. Just that step or 2 behind the top teams. We made a lot of errors that pinned us or left us without a result on the end of the set We still are a little ‘predictable’ in our attack. In a positive I think Avo is def out no1 now. Losing TPJ didn’t help along with young Casey...
  67. J

Potter gets the nod as interim

Interesting some comments from Anasta in the last few days. Sherwin has tried to be involved but hasn’t had a look in? (I thought he was a halves coach?) Anasta was asked to attend training and support but is waiting for a phone call?
  68. J

Opinion Averillo

We are one of the teams suffering from the lack of lower grade football These guys will improve but we have to just cop the mistakes at times because they have not had much of the ‘apprenticeship’ If Naden hadn’t of snorted nose beers in the finals does Burton play as much first grade as last...
  69. J

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

The standard of refereeing all round is ridiculous! Bunker needs to look at an obvious error 10 times when it’s clear after the first look So many calls against us again :cry: Why I don’t watch NRL so much it’s just so determined by the referee The 6 again is ridiculous! Scrap the rule!
  70. J

News Joey (Andrew Johns ) delves into Bulldogs' woes

Exactly! The play the ball and the service from dummy half has been slow since Ennis left! He would wave his arms at refs to get piggy back penalties and we forwards fighting to get up. We get dominated regularly unless TPJ or Thompson gets on the front foot and we still have the slow service...
  71. J

Gerard Sutton

‘Black Friday’ did it for me. That game was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen from the opening whistle. Ever since then he has just ‘made it up as he goes along’ One minute it’s a penalty or 6 again then the next it’s not. Consistently will be ‘right there’ but wants to...
  72. J

News Stand up’: Dogs’ big issue ‘reared its head again’ — and Barrett has run out of patience

I would switch Pengai Jr to the right edge I think Hetherington would go ok with Naden, Burton and Ado-Carr We will become too ‘predictable’ setting up on the right for a left side shift. Dufty out the back with Pengai Jr as either a decoy or running at edge halves etc could cause havoc . If we...
  73. J

Official Bulldogs 2022 AGM

Was wondering if there was any update on the sleeve sponsor as with all promos the sleeve is still ‘bare’
  74. J

Bullfrog stories and what made him so great

Heard the stories how Brisbane heirachy toured and talked with Moore about the bulldogs setup. Also the storm took some broncos and bulldogs culture and setup when they started. I really think with some of the changes we have made to the club over the last few years we will be back as a ‘NRL...
  75. J

News Buzz Rothfield dribble column

I actually didn’t know they were brothers. So didn’t intend post to be a ‘know it all’ post. Obviously a badly worded reply
  76. J

News Buzz Rothfield dribble column

So Cameron Phelps is James’ brother? Wow never knew that
  77. J

Official CPe to extend their partnership with the Bulldogs for a further three years

I thought the new sleeve sponsor would be announced already?
  78. J

What would you do if we merged?

Think it would be a st george 'illawarra' type merger We may give the tigers a 'style' on socks and a tiger and bird somewhere (back collar of jersey) We have 'the best hand' in a 'game of poker' Panthers and parra would really be only teams that have no threat to merge Souths and roosters...
  79. J

News Daily Telegraph Claims Bulldogs under cap pressure

Does the media know 100% if any of these have 3rd party deal involved? How do they have this info as it changes week to week/media outlet. If Cotric is moving back to Canberra? That’s money s I’m sure our cap is fine
  80. J

News Management could bite Bulldogs

Aaah Buzz another big night on the Shiraz or Merlo I’m thinking what is wrong with turning Avirello into a Jerome Hughes? Is Hughes not in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp? Gould has mentioned plenty of times about the cap being managed and juniors.The talk about getting rid of the panthers...
  81. J

Official Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs extend partnership with Ultimate Security for season 2022

I would have thought we would have announced the sleeve sponsor by now? Thought one was already ‘locked in’ at end of 2021 season?
  82. J

News Bulldogs to field two reserve grade teams in 2022

So Mounties will stay in the NSW cup? Interesting to see what happens when the NSW cup bulldogs play the Mounties side? Or do Mounties drop to Ron Massey cup? Do Mounties become reserve for reserve grade?
  83. J

News Sport Confidential: Details of Phil Gould’s Bulldogs contract revealed

The telegraph/news corp has hated on us for a few years, any story about us sells papers for them so they always will throw a ‘controversy’ on us to sell papers. Now it’s Gus, channel 9 and the herald we will be the ‘darlings for the media’ Anything that looks like smeared toilet paper will be...
  84. J

News Steven Marsters signs train and trial contract with Bulldogs

Cotric in the rumours is being shopped. Think Gus saw what the ‘winger’ was on and thought ‘WTF?!’ and is trying to get the cap in some decent balance
  85. J

Why aren’t we going after Josh Hodgson?

He and Ricky had a falling out over the George Williams contract tear up. Hodgson wasn’t out asap. Stories around Canberra that Ricky has lost half the side and the next issue will be Croker (form has been down chronic knee injury some feel time for him to be let go but Ricky wants to persist)
  86. J

Official Matt Burton on his way

His running game improved out of sight in 2021 I think Asiata and himself could prove a handy combo with Asiatas skill in the ruck opening holes on the edge. The real question is who will be on the right side? I think Avirello should have first crack and with a full pre season in the position...
  87. J

NRL expansion: Dolphins to be new Brisbane team for 2023 season

I read they won’t call themselves ‘Redcliffe’. Interested what the name will be? Moreton Bay? North Brisbane? I would say they would keep the red and white colours if majority red then not really a clash with the dragons as they would play in the white with red v. Having the ‘dolphins’ would...
  88. J

Give Flanagan a chance?

He will need to ‘re invent’ his game. At the roosters with Keary being the main ball player Kyles role was to pass and kick to areas and follow the structure. With the rule changes ‘eyes up’ footy and a half who can bend the line and put defenders in two minds play well. Defences knew Flanagan...
  89. J

Buzz's weird obsession

Doesn’t even say who it is? What a ‘scoop’ Dont think many of the channel 9 team even have twitter?
  90. J

Reset - Official NRL Player List

Do we make a play for Harry Grant? He is having cold feet about possibly having to play behind Brandon Smith on the bench
  91. J

Tevita pangai jr to debut for penrith

Hopefully he is motivated big time to taste success on the field next year and has a huge season
  92. J

What's the song you think the boys should run on with?

I liked seek and destroy by Metallica Welcome to the jungle You could be mine Creeping death or Enter Sandman as this team does
  93. J

News ‘I apologised to Penrith’: Bulldogs sponsor backflips on Burton

Think maybe the dogs are going to open up to the media more and try and be ‘darlings’ of the league Maybe Gus has been talking to sponsors board members etc to change our ‘image’ with the media Who knows?
  94. J

News One big missing piece of the puzzle for Canterbury Bulldogs, Andrew Johns says

We also need to make sure we improve 100% in defence! We have leaked points for so many years! Dogs of war won premierships on defence 88 we still won as our defensive style was still evident. 95 we held manly out we grinded the win 04 we held roosters scoreless in second half Hopefully being...
  95. J

Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh....

His brother was his boss That’s why he has refereed so many big games. Referees need a huge overhaul
  96. J

Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh....

Sutton’s refereeing performance was his normal Lack of 10m No idea on set restarts (Penrith layed all over Melbourne) Some questionable calls on drops
  97. J

Des-Troyed

Yeah I never understood that in the gf. I reckon it helped souths. It was the best atmosphere in all the gf’s I have been to (15 in a row) Souths soaked up the atmosphere and think it helped them a little with over coming nerves (of course a few other factors also)
  98. J

News Brandon Smith breaks silence on Melbourne Storm future

His manager is awaiting new franchise announcement so storm and new team have a bidding war raising his commission dollars