Search results

1. Wearnze

Encouraging stat

For a team who has been kept to 0 for 3 consecutive weeks, this week we scored the most points of any team (bar Rabbitohs who equal our attacking score) with 18 points. Considering our attack is quite ordinary this is encouraging for us faithful in the future. It isn't all gloom. Yes our...
  2. Wearnze

Michael Jennings Arrested for "Aggressive Behaviour"

NSW State of Origin star Michael Jennings has been arrested and charged with offensive behaviour after an overnight drinking session in Parramatta. The man-of-the-match from Wednesday night’s game in Melbourne was arrested at approximately 2.30am in the company of one of his brothers. According...
  3. Wearnze

Your NSW State of Origin Side Game 2

My State of Origin Side for Game 2 for NSW would be this: 1. Josh Dugan 2. James Roberts 3. Josh Morris 4. Michael Jennings 5. Brett Morris 6. Aidan Sezer 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah - has to play - have jack all as back up - if injured though I'd pick Ryan Hinchcliffe...
  4. Wearnze

Aiden Tolman & Tony Williams vs. Dragons

As bad as we were against the Dragons, I believe that their are two players in our side who need to be recognised for their efforts. There is no excuses for the way we played and we expect better. But let us not blame Aiden Tolman or Tony Williams for that pathetic performance! Aiden Tolman's...
  5. Wearnze

Insignificant Sportal Rumour

RUMOUR III: Which NRL player has become a big head? Our cocky friend plays for a Sydney club - and has red hair. Now I know me suggesting this idea is going to cause an uproar but I saw this rumour on Sportal and thought could it be our one and only King James Graham?!?! I surely am hoping not...
  6. Wearnze

Tessa James (Nate Myles Wife)

Just heard Nate Myles Wife and actor Tessa James has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphona. Terrible news. Feel for her and the family. Wish her all the best.
  7. Wearnze

Will History repeat?

10 years ago we won the NRL premiership. 10 years before that we lost in the ultimate final. in 1984 we won the premiership. 10 years before that we lost in the ultimate final. Will history repeat? Since 2007, Manly have either won the GF or been knocked out by eventual premiers. We knocked...
  8. Wearnze

Peter Mulholland

Recruited well for Dogs. Recruited well for Knights. Just signed with Dragons. Good times ahead for Dragons in the recruitment? There recruitment in the pass has been below par...Marshall, Williams, etc.
  9. Wearnze

Kiwi's Hooker Dilemma

With Isaac Luke likely to miss the ANZAC test who is the best next dummy half option for the kiwis? There is currently no other regular starting dummy half in the NRL who is a New Zealander. The other question for NZ I guess is do they stick with Hoffman at fullback even though he hasn't...
  10. Wearnze

Konrad Hurrell

Is there a reason why he got dropped after versing us? I really enjoy watching him play. He didn't really play badly against us. He did well to contain Morris in my opinion. He scored a try as well. Laumape in my opinion is a better centre than winger. However, I wouldn't have dropped Hurrell...
  11. Wearnze

NRL Grand Final Presentation and Pre Game Entertainment

A couple of things I noticed: * Sonny Bill totally ignored the concept of Grand Final Winners presenting something - in this case a footy ball - to a under 6's team or something like that. The lady who gives the ball out tried 3 times to give the ball to Sonny and he blatantly ignored her while...
  12. Wearnze

Upcoming Anzac Test Match

I never really follow the ANZAC test, but it amazes me how the selectors are considering naming Gidley on the bench. I know he can play pretty much any position, but he has just come back from injury and is far past his prime in my opinion. Surely there are better options as a utility...Ryan...
  13. Wearnze

Your Team vs Sea Eagles

To be honest, our first 4 games have been against 2012 finalists (except for Eels). It is clear we have started the year slow, but these losses will help spur the team on in the later rounds. If we are to beat the Eagles this week, we will need a team improvement across all areas. I think that a...
  14. Wearnze

Nevertheless Champions

Sure, we lost. Sure it hurts. But, as they say, you gotta lose one to win me. We were a very inexperienced team this year. We were against a champion side. It was a good game, we played well, just storm played even better. We gotta keep our heads up of the ground and move forward. We can build...
  15. Wearnze

Your Origin Teams for Game 2

New South Wales: 1. B. Stewart 2. A. Uate 3. J. Morris 4. M. Jennings 5. J. Hayne 6. T. Carney 7. M. Pearce 8. P. Gallen 9. R. Farah 10. J. Tamou 11. G. Stewart 12. A. Watmough 13. G. Bird 14. L. Lewis 15. T. Merrin 16. F. Mateo/ R. Hinchcliffe 17. T. Grant / A. Woods Queensland: 1. B...
  16. Wearnze

Team Selections for Sharks Game

1. Ben Barba 2. Bryson Goodwin 3. Josh Morris (if selected for Origin - Tim Lafai) 4. Tim Lafai (if Morris is selected for Origin - Johnathon Wright) 5. Johnathon Wright (if Morris is selected ... - Michael Lett) 6. Joshua Reynolds 7. Kris Keating (Trent Hodkinson if fit) 8. Aiden Tolman 9...
  17. Wearnze

Your Canterbury Team Vs Melbourne Storm

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasler stuck with the same team. If I was in charge of selecting the side; I would go this: 1. Barba. 2. Lett. 3. Morris. 4. Wright. 5. Turner. 6. Reynolds. 7. Mbye? . 8. Tolman. 9. Ennis :(. Hate the way he plays atm. Needs a kick up the arse. 10. Kasiano. 11...
  18. Wearnze

Your Origin Teams for Game 1

From what I have seen so far, these would be my two teams:New South Wales: -1. Jarryd Hayne2. Brett Morris3. Michael Jennings4. Josh Morris5. Akuila Uate6. Todd Carney7. Jarrod Mullen8. Kade Snowden9. Danny Buderus10. Paul Gallen11. Reni Maitua12. Anthony Watmough13. Greg Bird14. Kurt Gidley15...
  19. Wearnze

Your Team for Round 2

I know it is early, but after tonight's game:1. Ben Barba2. Steve Turner3. Josh Morris4. David Stagg (if Pritchard is suspended, Jono Wright)5. Bryson Goodwin6. Josh Reynolds7. Trent Hodkinson8. Aiden Tolman9. Michael Ennis10. Sam Kasiano11. Frank Pritchard/Corey Payne12. Dene Halatau13. Corey...
  20. Wearnze

Martin Taupau a Lock?

I dont know about all of you, but in my opinion, this guy could be our starting lock for many years to come. I reckon our side would look more solid with him at Lock. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy watching Halatau and Stagg, and they do offer the team stability in defence. I would hate to...
  21. Wearnze

Isaac Johns

Why did we not make a play for this guy? He is only 22 years of age and helped the Warriors win NYC this year. He is going overseas next year for Wildcats. Surely he would have been a handy back up at worst.
  22. Wearnze

Wearnze's Top Four Players Who Will Decide Grand Final Fate

Melbourne Storm - Sika Manu This guy has been at his damaging best in the last 3-4 weeks. If he plays the way he has over the past month, then his team is in a good position to win against the Warriors and make it to the Grandfinal. He is hard to stop close to the line, near impossible. He...
  23. Wearnze

Jack Reed a Pom?

Just read in Daily Telegraph somewhere that Jack Reed might be playing for the poms at the end of the year? I thought he was a queenslander....
  24. Wearnze

Did Knights Lose That Game On Their Own?

I dont know about anyone else, but for once in my life, I actually agree with Peter Sterling. Jarrod Mullen, why oh why did you kick it to Billy Slater every time. Why not kick to Anthony Quinns Wing? He is a little suspect under the high bomb and everytime they got in position, they kicked to...
  25. Wearnze

Your Canterbury Team Vs Manly Sea Eagles

Assuming Frank Pritchard is suspended: 1. Benjamin Barba 2. Johnathon Wright 3. Jamal Idris 4. Joshua Morris 5. Steven Turner 6. Joel Romelo 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Joshua Reynolds 10. Samuel Kasiano 11. Corey Payne 12. Andrew Ryan (C) 13. Dene Halatau 14. Jake...
  26. Wearnze

James Graham Headclash

Anyone else see it on tv, versing huddlesfield, knocked Robinson out cold. Ouch. And Graham got back up pretty quickly, didnt even knock on. Tough as Nails.
  27. Wearnze

Top Try Scorer

Nathan Merrit ahead of Barba in top tryscorer this year...Hat trick already in first half.
  28. Wearnze

Romelo Charged: Grade 1 Dangerous Throw

Joel Romelo suspended for 1 game for dangerous throw. Think Kasiano got nothing for the report about him and his knees.
  29. Wearnze

"Accidental Knock-On"

Did anyone else notice Sterling saying accidental knock-on, before mentioning in fact it was a accidental off-side. Is that even possible? Wouldnt all knock on's be accidental? I wouldnt think a player would purposely knock on lol.
  30. Wearnze

Interesting Fact

Our win against the cowboys was the first time all year that we have beaten a team in the top 4. Took us long enough.
  31. Wearnze

If Only ...

Our team, the Canterbury Bulldogs are without a coach and a captain for next year. Whilst i was thinking of who would be the best man for leading our team around the park (captain) i came to the realisation that if we had kept some of our 2004 grandfinal team, we would have 3 great candidates...
  32. Wearnze

Bulldogs Biaggio Signorelli Charity Auction

Anyone bidding for any jerseys from our game against Parramatta? Ben Barba currently $459 Steve Turner currently $179 Tim Lafai currently $159 Jamal Idris currently $299 Johnathon Wright currently $139 Ben Roberts currently $149 Trent Hodkinson currently $299 Aiden Tolman currently...
  33. Wearnze

NRL.com Report Card

When i Saw this I Laughed that Loud it wasnt funny. They say were no reported injuries from Bulldogs Vs Eels Game. Is this a joke? Stagg's injury probably was the worst of all injuries which occured this week. Taupau also will miss 1-2 weeks. NRL.com, are they that stupid?
  34. Wearnze

Pita Godinet

This Kid Looks The Goods. He Played Hooker Tonight, But Have Heard He Can Play Halves. Wouldnt Be A Bad Pick Up For Depth..??
  35. Wearnze

Possible Bulldogs Team Against Roosters...

Assuming Taupau and Stagg will miss this game, I would expect Dymock to do this: 1. Barba 2. Turner 3. Lafai 4. Idris / Morris 5. Turner 6. Roberts 7. Hodkinson 8. Tolman 9. Romelo 10. Kasiano 11. Pritchard 12. Ryan 13. Halatau 14. Reynolds 15. Eastwood 16. Payne / Idris 17. Paea / Browne /...
  36. Wearnze

Player Ratings v Eels

1. Ben Barba 7/10 (Still a bit of a worry under the highball but pretty decent game overall) 2. Steve Turner 6/10 (Like Barba, made a few errors at important moments but still par performance...nothing to worry about) 3. Tim Lafai 7/10 (Defence was solid, nothing to great but did his job...
  37. Wearnze

If we win on Friday Night...

If we win friday night against Eels, who do you think will be the standout performer? Will someone put their hand up and have a massive game? Team Effort? Or will it be the Barba Show? Or whatever... For me, if we win which i have a good feeling that we will, I believe the MOTM will go to...
  38. Wearnze

Your Team Against Eels

1. Barba 2. Turner 3. Lafai 4. Idris 5. Lett 6. Roberts 7. Hodkinson 8. Tolman 9. Ennis 10. Eastwood 11. Pritchard 12. Halatau 13. Warburton 14. Reynolds 15. Kasiano 16. Taupau 17. Paea
  39. Wearnze

Squad to NZ

does anyone know who we took up to NZ as backups for injuries? Did michael ennis go on the plane trip with the rest of the team?
  40. Wearnze

If Moore was sacked...

IF Moore was sacked before the end of the year, would we see a different line-up? For example, after Origin, if Stuart as some are saying came to us as coach would he: 1. Move Keating to Bench and Move Roberts or Reynolds into the Halves? 2. Would He Move Idris to Second Row or Bench? 3...
  41. Wearnze

Wes Naiqama Post Conference

Was it just me or was he really uncomfortable and nervous? From his body actions, looked a bit scared being in the spotlight...
  42. Wearnze

Possible Hammy Injury to Jamie Soward

If true, might miss out on origin. If so i would put Bird at 5/8th.
  43. Wearnze

Your Canterbury Team Vs Penrith Panthers

Assuming Only Ennis is in Origin. 1. Barba 2. Turner 3. Lafai 4. Idris 5. Wright 6. Reynolds 7. Hodkinson 8. Tolman 9. Keating (to help him improve his passing game - geez, what a hog he is) 10. Kasiano 11. Pritchard 12. Ryan 13. Halatau 14. Stagg 15. Payne 16. Eastwood 17. Paea
  44. Wearnze

Your Bulldogs Team Against Tigers

We are going to be killed either way, and if Moore is coach, there will be no changes. He will probably say we played good. What a joke he is. I would choose the following team: 1. Ben Barba 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris (right centre) 4. Tim Lafai (left centre) 5. Michael Lett 6. Josh...
  45. Wearnze

Your State of Origin 3 Teams

For Queensland: 1. Billy Slater 2. Darius Boyd 3. Dane Neilson (Justin Hodges should not be included, due to lack of fitness imo) 4. Greg Inglis 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer 7. Johnathon Thurston 8. Matt Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Nate Myles 12. Sam...
  46. Wearnze

Future Blue Players

In 2006, I think, The Queensland Team Brought 8 new faces into their team which led to them producing great origin players in guys like dallas johnson, greg inglis, karmichael hunt, etc. I believe Stuart is doing something similar to a lesser extent in guys like uate, hopoate, dugan and soward...
  47. Wearnze

Queensland Team Game 2

Same as Game 1 bar Tonga out, Inglis in.
  48. Wearnze

YOUR Bulldogs Team Vs. Sea Eagles

1. Barba 2. Turner 3. Idris 4. Morris 5. Goodwin (Lett if fit) 6. Keating 7. Reynolds (assuming hodkinson will miss 1 or 2 weeks) 8. Ryan 9. Ennis 10. Kasiano 11. Pritchard 12. Payne 13. Stagg 14. Halatau 15. Millington 16. Foster 17. Paea (if fit) or Taupau
  49. Wearnze

Your Ratings of Tonights Origin Players

Queensland Team: 1. Slater - 8/10 2. Boyd - 7/10 3. Tonga - 7.5/10 4. Neilson - 6/10 5. Yow Yeh - 6.5/10 6. Lockyer - 8.5/10 7. Thurston - 8/10 8. Scott - 9.5/10 9. Smith - 9/10 10. Civoniceva - 8/10 11. Myles - 6/10 12. Thaiday - 8/10 13. Harrison - 7/10 14. Cronk - 6.5/10 15...
  50. Wearnze

Dymock's the tip

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/be-a-planker-not-a-plonker-wolfman/story-e6frexnr-1226059826374 ANDREW Johns was injected into the NSW side's preparations for one session this week, but the man who has been sharpening their attack and impressing all is assistant coach Jim Dymock...
  51. Wearnze

YOUR Round 12 Bulldogs Team

After sitting in the cold watching the Dogs play, something needs to be changed. Turner didnt get the ball unless he was coming out of dummyhalf. Goodwin only getting ball on kick returns. Hodkinson hardly touching the ball. Something needs to change. I would spice thisn team up a little, if we...
  52. Wearnze

Esi Tonga To Eels for 2012

Esi Tonga Signed with the Eels on a two year deal. To be honest, now that Kearney has choice over the signings, his team will be better than the one he has got this year. he has made some impressive signings. Signings which he will benefit from and who he could improve. There team now has Tonga...
  53. Wearnze

Aiden Tolman and Origin

What hasnt he done to deserve a spot? heard alot that merrin will be in the team and tolman will miss out. Merrin has done nothing compared to Tolman. Merrin is just in a good team. Thats the only thing surely going his way.
  54. Wearnze

Greenburg Is Doing Greatness to Our Club

Watch this and understand what i mean, he is having a massive impact on the players themselves, not just their ability to play, but on their ability to make a difference in people's lives...
  55. Wearnze

Raiders = Wooden Spoons?

It looks like they're about to enter round 9 with 1 win. Surely they cant make top 8 for real. BTW, Former Bulldog Junior Nathan Massey is Playing...Doesn't Look too bad in a losing team.
  56. Wearnze

Country Vs CIty Origin Teams

This is what I would like to see: City Origin Country Origin 1. Kurt Gidley Josh Dugan 2. Will Hopoate Akuila Uate 3. Mark Gasnier Jamal Idris 4. Michael Jennings Josh Morris 5. Blake Ferguson...
  57. Wearnze

Sterling's Post on NRL.com on Michael Ennis

http://www.nrl.com/sterling-gold-a-sledge-too-far/tabid/10874/newsid/62343/default.aspx i dont agree with sterling and it makes me unhappy knowing that all sterling could do was blame one of our players for lack of respect and lack of gamesmanship when his favourite club had jarryd hayne...
  58. Wearnze

Luke Lewis!

is this guy injured? i wouldn't think hes not in the team for bad form...
  59. Wearnze

Round 6 Team vs Eels

1. Ben Barba 2. Steve Turner 3. Timoteo Lafai 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Kris Keating 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. Mickey Paea 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg Interchange: 14. Chris Armit 15. Grant Millington 16. Corey Payne...
  60. Wearnze

Wingers for 2012-13

I'm just wondering, do we have much depth on the wings for when turner retires (assuming he is hear for another 2 years max) and when goodwin leaves (wouldn't think we keep him for heaps long if we had good wingers/finishes)? we are good in the centre department even if idris doesnt resign. we...
  61. Wearnze

State of Origin Game 1 Teams

I know it is early, very early in fact. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the team lists on form so far this year and who you think would best help NSW win their first series in a very long time. Alot of youngsters for NSW have stepped up last couple of months and beginning of this year...