Search results

1. Wearnze

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

Although Preston and Mann are big injuries we have been able to cover them unlike last years. If we can remain injury free we should continue to move up with other clubs all missing key players - Cleary, Moses, Fogarty, Big Tino, The Hammer, Ponga, Reynolds, plus many more I’m sure I’ve missed...
  2. Wearnze

Your early Origin teams 2024

I think many will like Madge's selections more than Fittlers. Madge for me seems like his style would suit Origin. I hope he selects a few surprises, origin built players. Won't happen but my team at end of Round 7 would be: 1. Trbojevic 2. Addo-Carr 3. Crichton 4. Tago 5. To'o 6. Hynes 7...
  3. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Everyone has got to see why Salmon is there. 40 tackles 1 miss. Impressive in defence!
  4. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Hutch will get a fine going off what Tedesco got for his trip.
  5. Wearnze

Your full strength team

If we keep winning happy with CC picking the team. Nice having some guys stand up when needed and add some depth to our side. Guys like Morrin and Hayward played big minutes today and played well but when Preston and Mann come back may struggle to make the side. That’s what good teams have -...
  6. Wearnze

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

It’s all been built on a massive improvement in our attitude in defence. Top 5 defence atm.
  7. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

No patolo no problem. He has been non existent past few weeks anyway. Morrin King Hughes and Curran to steady the ship
  8. Wearnze

With everyone saying sexton swapped for mooney do u think we can swap bbo for mooney instead. We needed sexton more than bbo as back up in my opinion.
  9. Wearnze

I am concerned about this game as we seem to struggle against Knights. Depends which Pongs we get. I am hoping for a 38 - 14 win. Man of the match to be between Kikau, Morrin (will play big minutes and will want to make up for his suspension) and Mahoney (to have his best game of the year -...
  10. Wearnze

To be fair to the fans they need to have the attitude that anything but annihilating the knights after last year performances is acceptable. If dolphins can smash eels and dragons thump warriors there is no reason why the dogs shouldn’t put a big number on the knights (20 points ahead at least)
  11. Wearnze

2024 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I was at first sad to see Averillo leave but he has been average at best. JMK is similar to Meaney. Didn’t have the players around them at the dogs to show their strengths.
  12. Wearnze

Dolphins have some solid youngsters. Katoa, Plath and Keely all having great games.
  13. Wearnze

News Manu confirms move to Japan

Surely the game could Have done more to keep him in the game. Big loss.
  14. Wearnze

Would love Whyte. Now that May and Collin’s have been locked in surely they can’t keep Whyte . He has been in good form of late. Roosters have a solid forward pack rotation when you also have JWH. Wow. Looking at their roster you’d think roosters are a top 4 team for the last few years. Got to...
  15. Wearnze

Harrison Edwards to Cowboys

I liked Harrison but we need a more hard hitting aggressive prop.
  16. Wearnze

No Wilson in nsw cup still. Hope he is on the mend. Sexton is usually named in nsw cup so the fact he hasn’t been named may mean he is a good chance of making the 17?
  17. Wearnze

Team against the knights

Tracey Addo Carr Xerri Crichton Kiraz Burton Hutchison (this week may be his last…) Hughes Mahoney Patolo Curran Kikau Turpin Hayward Morrin Salmon Faamasili Taafe (unlucky) Wilson Kitouga Sexton Knight
  18. Wearnze

Team against the knights

With everyone saying taafe at hb and Tracey at fb could we maybe go taafe at fb and Tracey at hb?
  19. Wearnze

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

Would not surprise me to see Curran on the bench for NSW THIS YEAR.
  20. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

I am not saying he hasn’t been a good signing. I respect what he has done as setting standards off and on the field in defence but you can’t say he’s showed his full potential in attack.
  21. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Got to say Crichton has been a little underwhelming . Not bad but just not great. Interesting to see where he plays most of the year because left centre is his and xerris preferred position.
  22. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Turpin to defend them bring Hayward on for attack. Could be a good rotation. Must be a game plan behind it
  23. Wearnze

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

Can he play front row? Not interested otherwise.
  24. Wearnze

Official 2004 Premiership Team / 20 Year Reunion

I hope we aren’t drained and flat from last weeks big occasion playing in front of the 04 team. Fingers crossed it continues to inspire the team
  25. Wearnze

Never underestimate storm forwards coached by Bellamy. We will get smoked if we do
  26. Wearnze

News Cameron Ciraldo Round 6 press Conference

Looks like when he said he has to play around his forwards it’s probably surrounding their minutes as patolo, knight and faamasili all play tops of 15 mins in first grade so far this year and they will need to play bigger minutes
  27. Wearnze

Realistically I think it will be storm 26 - bulldogs 10 BUT wishful thinking storm 20 bulldogs 24
  28. Wearnze

So Knight in for King Skelton in for Tracey if he doesn't get through tomorrow's session. What happens if Kikau doesn't play? Kautoga starts with Harry Hayes on the bench? Surely we dont carry Sexton on the bench...?
  29. Wearnze

King out is a big loss. makes us a bit light on endurance quality forwards hopefully Hughes and at least 1 other middle steps up
  30. Wearnze

With Wilson not named in nsw cup guess we can assume he still is ill.
  31. Wearnze

Is Wilson still ill? Could that be why he hasn’t been named?
  32. Wearnze

Your early Origin teams 2024

Risks with Tedesco and Paps is history of HIA Both superstars but problem with origin is nsw never pick origin players. Flashy superstars does not equal origin players. Won’t happen but personally I would go: 1. Trbojevic 2. Gutherson 3. Tago (debut) 4. Crichton 5. To’o 6. Luai 7. Cleary (C)...
  33. Wearnze

he has been playing centre for nsw cup and done terribly there. Wouldn’t make sense…
  34. Wearnze

Crichton needs to be centre. knowing Taafe will be back after bye good opportunity for papalli a debut where there is no pressure of keeping the position his own.
  35. Wearnze

If you could pick 1 player from each team in the NRL (A bit of fun)

1. Tom Trobjevic (Sea Eagles) 2. Xavier Coates (Storm) 3. Joseph Manu (Roosters) 4. Matt Timoko (Raiders) 5. Greg Marzheu (Knights) 6. Dylan Brown (Eels) 7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers) 8. Payne Haas (Broncos) 9. Api Koriosau (Tigers) 10. Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors) 11. Viliame Kikau (Bulldogs)...
  36. Wearnze

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Find it interesting that Demetriou will sit him down this week to have a chat. Why doesn’t he sit down with him earlier / more frequently? He’s obviously the player who needs that… the club also planned 2 weeks in advance to speak with him. Surely due to the nature of the season imploding they...
  37. Wearnze

2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I know it’s in the rule book to not touch the legs of a kicker but I feel like this was accidental. If he charges down correctly they would have I think got in a position to tie the game up…unfortunate ilia’s is injured but hope it’s only a 2 week suspension max. Our game is getting too soft...
  38. Wearnze

If latrell doesn’t miss 3-4 weeks now than I really hope the media turn on him at least
  39. Wearnze

I reckon Vlandys wishes he didn’t come out and speak up about what a good bloke Latrell is now…
  40. Wearnze

Round 6 - Slim Pickings

knowing it’s a short term fix until Taafe is back I don’t see why papalli wouldn’t be given a go… With injuries I would like the team to be: Papalli Addo-Carr Crichton Kiraz Wilson Burton Hitchinson King (40+ mins) Mahoney Hughes (40+ mins) Kikau / Salmon Kautoga Salmon / Curran Hayward...
  41. Wearnze

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

Some big key players out. Let’s hope some of the scans are good news. Can’t have King, Preston, Kikau, Mann, Edward’s, Morrin, Patolo out at once. That’s a lot of forwards out. Feel like we can cover Taafe and Tracey out better than we can cover our forwards… Skelton might be needed on bench for...
  42. Wearnze

A wins a win

2 out of 2 wins at home thats a statistic that we should want to continue to keep at 100%
  43. Wearnze

Do we know why Patolo only lasted 12 mins?
  44. Wearnze

Lots of injuries but at least we have some sort of depth. You can add Harrison I think to that list of injured plays. Going off reports Crichton isn’t fullback material. More valuable at centre. In backs Eli Clark and Jeral Skelton are not terrible altneratives… In forwards we have Knight...
  45. Wearnze

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

That’s a relief. Hopefully Xerri kills it then
  46. Wearnze

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Lots of changes. Some good some bad. curran on bench is good as it gives us size and experience. mann starting is also good. not sold on xerri form but hopefully he has a big game. Hope Wilson was injured as he should be in the team otherwise
  47. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Am I concerned about stopping their forward pack? Yes! But more importantly what I am more concerned about is the form of Tedesco and Manu. How we limit their impact with our team is going to be our biggest challenge.
  48. Wearnze

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Kinda off that he has come out and said this about latrell considering no specific racism has occurred towards latrell. it honestly has similar vibes to when the parent coming to school saying their child is perfect even though the child has used foul language in the school yard. Feel like...
  49. Wearnze

News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

I don’t have a problem with CC selections. Dropping a half doesn’t necessarily fix the problems - look at Knights. Hutch has created opportunities, near opportunities but either doesn’t have the pace or is not backed up. He’s a goer and I haven’t minded him playing halfback. Sexton is not the...
  50. Wearnze

News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

Sexton setting up 3 tries in 3 games isn’t that impressive for a half., particularly so in nsw cup. Would hardly say he is putting pressure on Hutchinson…
  51. Wearnze

I want to say we will win because Burton will have a master class but have been hoping for this a while now without any luck. Definitely won’t be having a masterclass but can only dream he grabs the game by the scruff and kicks on. Surely one good game is all he needs to kick out of 1st gear and...
  52. Wearnze

Not too unhappy with our side - it is probably the best we can put out at the moment . more concerned with how good roosters are going and how good they look on paper
  53. Wearnze

Probable team to face the Roosters in Round 5

Same everything except for injuries and suspension Wilson in for Addo Carr Kautoga in for Wilson Edward’s in for Morrin
  54. Wearnze

Bunnies 3 2 1

3 - Kikau 2 - Curran 1 - Taafe / Tracey / Kiraz / King 0.5 Morrin - yes sin binned and made mistakes but he upped the tempo when we needed it For the first 40 minutes I wasn't seeing any improvement in having Fox over Wilson. I also wasn't too impressed with Knight or Hughes. Yes Mahoney has...
  55. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but we look super fit. Going off past years, this is a massive improvement. The fact that we only used 5 interchanges and had both Knight and Hughes play 14 minutes each alot of our other "big" boys put in big minutes. Idk if I am impressed that we have two...
  56. Wearnze

Our defence has definitely improved. Both attack and defence were terrible last year. unfortunately our attack is still non existent
  57. Wearnze

Opinion Blake Taffee

Definitely his best match in a dogs jersey.
  58. Wearnze

At least our for and against is not too bad considering we are 1 win 3 losses
  59. Wearnze

We needed to take the ref out of the game but kept making silly errors Yes Sutton was awful. A few incidents would have changed the game when we had momentum like the hip drop tackle and latrell not getting 10. halves didn’t take advantage but felt we played alright as a whole. well done to...
  60. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Nervous about this game. Going off form we should win. But, the negative news attention for rabbitohs could mean they come to play and are ruthless. A ruthless rabbitohs team is different to what we have seen this year but I worry we will be the victims for their poor start. Fingers crossed we...
  61. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Preston vs Kolamantangi will be a good match up! Looking forward to seeing how Taafe and Knight go against their old club. Nullify Walkers and Kolamantangi”s game and we win. It’s that simple I reckon. Kick to Mitchell with Kikau and Curran putting big hits on please .
  62. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

good win leading to Rabbitohs game. can we score points? Yes Can we defend well? Yes Talk about the pressure all being on Rabbitohs next week. Which will be nice. Next weeks win will fee even better keeping Rabbitohs on the bottom of the table. Can’t ask for any more motivation!
  63. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Will be interesting to see who makes way for Addo-Carr. Tracey and Wilson did nothing to deserve getting dropped…220m by Tracey. I felt we needed Skelton for metres but Tracey showed he’s more than capable at that.
  64. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Surely when Skelton returns Perham is out…
  65. Wearnze

What has happened to Harrison Edward’s? Must be injured…
  66. Wearnze

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

You have got to think training being behind close doors. Dogs know this is a big game to put the outside noise to rest. Titans don’t seem to be under the same pressure even know they were smashed in round 1. Feeling we will be up for this game this weekend!
  67. Wearnze

Current positivity or just a dream not sure yet… I’m feeling like this game will show where we are truly at. although titans will be hurting from their rd 1 loss, feeling like a massive win here for us. 38 - 10 (7 tries to 2) Try Scorers: Wilson hat trick. Crichton. Kikau. Knight. Salmon...
  68. Wearnze

Both those coaches are under far more pressure than Ciraldo. The knives are out for both coaches - they don't know what they are doing. Both coaches have made desperate changes - doubt they will work though.
  69. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Rewatched the game last night. Got to say in both games we have looked very solid. Last 20 mins we seem to drop off a bit but also in last weeks game were robbed by some calls. We definitely look fitter and better defensively than in past seasons. it sucks we are 0-2 because if a couple of...
  70. Wearnze

Bulldogs line up round 3

I would like to Kitione Kautoga on bench. All though knight was impressive in nsw cup I’d like to see 2 good games in a row first before promoting. Hughes in starting 13 with one missing through concussion. Kitione joins bench with maybe Patolo replacing Morrin as well. Addo Carr back in with...
  71. Wearnze

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

Everyone calling for Hutchison to be dropped haven’t seen sexton play in nsw cup. That unfortunately is not the answer.
  72. Wearnze

News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

Sick of people saying ciraldo needs to drop taafe and Hutchison. They’ve played 1 game for us. They need to be given a chance. The problem is and has been the service and team management of Mahoney and Burton. I’d love one to be dropped or benched for a week as a big wake up call.
  73. Wearnze

Official Gus on Twitter

I agree that Salmon and Curran were both good. Both need to be starting almost…
  74. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

We need Skelton more than Tracey or Kiraz in my opinion. We need Burton to step up! Wouldn’t mind Turpin or Hayward on bench to relief Mahoney for 20 mins. Might need a new big hopper on the bench as well.
  75. Wearnze

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

Burton shouldn’t be the half but because cc picked him with Hutchinson for round 1 they should be at least given 1 more crack together.
  76. Wearnze

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

My tip is Burton, Crichton and Preston to score tries. I want to be wrong but realistically think the score will be Eels 22 - Dogs 16
  77. Wearnze

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

The thing we have this year that I am happy about is depth. Looking at our reserves team we have far more potential depthThis hopefully leads to those in first grade putting in their best performances week in week out. Everyone except Crichton Just need the coach to have this same philosophy.
  78. Wearnze

Feel like Eels will be at their best round 1. Will be a BIG upset if we manage a win. Fingers-crossed we bring our A game.
  79. Wearnze

Didn’t realise Jacob Preston spoke so well.
  80. Wearnze

he doesn’t sound well. Hope he is fit for the match lol
  81. Wearnze

Looks like a much better side than what we had in round 1 last year. Can’t complain. On the up.
  82. Wearnze

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Yes and a few others. I am just glad there are a few solid players fighting for positions this year. Regardless of the round 1 team, there will likely be changes for underperforming players if there are experienced players performing in reserve grades.
  83. Wearnze

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated (Update)

Surely it’s a joke if Liam knight is in the 17…
  84. Wearnze

Any chance tetevano makes round 1 team?
  85. Wearnze

If I am correct Tracey, 28 years old, was second choice to William Kennedy. Blake Taafe, 24 years old, was second choice to Latrell Mitchell. I know who I would prefer being second choice to. Connor in 2021, arguably his best season, played Fullback 0 times. In 2022, he played Fullback 0...
  86. Wearnze

I feel like Taafe is being crucified at the moment but I reckon if Tracey was fb in trials we'd be saying we want Taafe not Tracey. Personally I don't get the hype around Tracey. I feel there is more upside to Taafe.
  87. Wearnze

To those saying sad we only have 1 prop in King. I'd hardly say we had more than 1 prop last year. Pele, TPJ and Thompson were absolutely useless and guys like Poassa, Morrin, Kitione, although not big names, will have similar impact, yet appear to be less injury prone, making them better value.
  88. Wearnze

Your Round 1 Team?

My team after watching the two trials: 1. Blake Taafe (1 of 3 I'd have on notice though) 2. Blake Wilson (unless Kiraz is 100%) 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Cristian Crichton (C) 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison (1 of 3 I'd have on notice though) 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney (1 of 3...
  89. Wearnze

News Crichton‘s encouraging act in Dogs debut as halves dilemma deepens: What we learned

Everyone complaining about Hutchison in attack. Is he better defensively than sexton? Advocating for the coach here in that due to terrible defence last year if we can tighten our defence we should have enough strike power elsewhere to score enough points? Don’t think sexton was terrible...
  90. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

hopefully less responsibility this year without captaincy helps. He will have a big impact on our season one way or another. We need him to be better.
  91. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Looking forward to analysing the game today after I watch the replay tonight. Going from comments sad to see Mahoney is still terrible for us. Can’t wait for round 1 team selections … appears to be healthy competition for spots.
  92. Wearnze

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

No kiraz, or harrison. Interesting.
  93. Wearnze

Your Round 1 Team?

I can’t wait to see who CC goes with for round 1. A few different options for once… Lock is going to be interesting. Curran, Mann and Salmon all good options for different reasons. I have a feeling Wilson will be in the team but not sure who makes way for him…he seems to be a CC favourite for...
  94. Wearnze

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

does anyone know what’s wrong with Harrison Edward’s?
  95. Wearnze

2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Didn’t know Declan casey plays for tigers now
  96. Wearnze

Opinion Pre Season Training

I feel like he may too even though I don’t know how.
  97. Wearnze

Official RFM granted immediate release

Not a terrible thing but our general forward stock is becoming more concerning. Not many forwards left…
  98. Wearnze

News 'Dogs gave me a purpose': Xerri grateful for second chance

Crazy to think Mann is our most experienced player in our squad…wow. Didn’t think he had been around that long.
  99. Wearnze

you could almost argue that a lot of the focus is on xerri in promotions of our preseason so far. Let’s hope he exceeds expectations.
  100. Wearnze

Just remember we looked fit in photos last pre season and look where we ended on the ladder. I’m not getting excited by how bulked someone looks or fit they look this preseason I will wait until end of round 1 for that observation.