Search results

1. D

Why we are losing culture and money

Agree. Do people think the Dogs of War grinding out a 4-2 win will work in today's game? The game has moved on.
  2. D

We Knock the Drags Out Again

Knights also
  3. D

Favourite games of the season

Bulldogs v Broncos for me so far this season. In the face of adversity we came out and won. Loved it.
  4. D

Des 3rd most star pulling power in league

How about players who have stayed at Canterbury for less than they could have gotten if they went to the open market. The conversation isn't only about new recruits playing for less, it includes players currently under contract.
  5. D

Good Friday 2017 Roll Call

Anyone got a PAX number? Crowd predictions?
  6. D

Good Friday 2017 Roll Call

Can't wait for tomorrow! Travelling up from Canberra. Who's headed to the game?
  7. D

That night, that try.

Who do you want to win on good Friday?
  8. D

Our loss compared to Parra's

We failed to score a point last year in Townsville against the Cowboys. We lost 36-0 also. I'm not making an excuse at all, I simply wanted to know how everyone would feel if we lost the way parra did.
  9. D

I won't be attending this week's game.

Simple answer. You should not renew your membership if that is how you feel.
  10. D

I'm sorry to disagree but I do. If Sharks had completed at 81% (as Manly did) - eels may have lost by a bigger margin? They also weren't down a player for 10 minutes - where we conceded two tries.
  11. D

Lost 20-6. Completed at 64% whilst Sharks completed at 67%.
  12. D

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion - if we put in the same performance as the Eels did tonight (compared to our 36-0 loss) would you be happier?
  13. D

Wests Tigers won't rule out Des Hasler

Former Penrith coach Ivan Cleary is the raging favourite to replace Jason Taylor at the helm of Wests Tigers, but the club won’t rule out making a big-money play for two-time premiership winner Des Hasler while his contract situation remains unresolved at Canterbury...
  14. D

Why are we playing a "home" game against NZ in NZ?

And for them to spend a week back home, surely that's a plus
  15. D

Bulldogs Inform Reynolds That He is not Required in 2018

Why is the club addressing this rumour? Why are they wasting their time. It's not like it gained that much traction. Address this then you may as well address all of them.
  16. D

Someone activated my 'batman light' ...

You the man CK!!!! Agree with everything you've said. We lost two games, one in shocking weather and another by goal kicking (and a try that shouldn't have been allowed). I love the Bulldogs and will never stop. Thanks again for your post!
  17. D

bulldogs the year before Des arrived

Of course it makes a difference. Sitting out there in round 26 of 2011 when the ground announcer says if we score another 100 points in the second half we can make the eight was demoralising.
  18. D

SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY ON HERE

Well said Mr I. I copped it late last year for saying it was good we had signed 15,000 members. I don't use the site anywhere near as much as I have in the past. Also, I don't know we should assume we are dealing with adults here. It doesn't seem like it.
  19. D

The big picture

Exactly my point Qld Dog. If you want someone to play for you do you "grill them". And did Hasler organise this "meeting"? Appears to be far from it.
  20. D

The big picture

Not 100% but putting some faith in Fairfax Media Canterbury Bulldogs board grills Kieran Foran on off-field woes at the request of Ray Dib . http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canterbury-bulldogs-board-grills-kieran-foran-on-offfield-woes-at-the-request-of-ray-dib-20160917-grimm8.html
  21. D

The big picture

Are you sure it's his lineup? He wanted Barba to stay? He wanted to sign Foran? (but then Foran was grilled in front of the board)
  22. D

15000 Members Standing Proud in 2017

If we are going to argue about which type of members are counted we have must remember these members have always been counted. It's not like they have just been included this year. I remember I was criticised greatly when I showed excitement when I started this thread last year. I hope people...
  23. D

Amazing stuff guys! We are almost at 13k Members [emoji109] In other news, the footy season is just around the corner [emoji16] Bring on 2017!
  24. D

Dogs over the cap

They're saying 2016 cap in the email
  25. D

2017 Draw

I don't know what to make of this
  26. D

NRL club chairmen walk out as Todd Greenberg and John Grant backflip on funding

FOUR club chairmen have stormed out of a fiery meeting with NRL bosses after a breakdown in negotiations over future funding which threatens the worst split in the game since Super League. Canterbury’s Ray Dib, Cronulla’s Damian Keogh, Melbourne Storm’s Bart Campbell and the Cowboys’ Laurence...
  27. D

Once again I am sorry for upsetting you all. I didn't mean to cause harm.
  28. D

In 2013, we had just over 15,000 come March. That was after a Grand Final loss. I thought 9,000 in November was pretty good.
  29. D

How can I close the thread? Sorry I upset everyone [emoji17]
  30. D

Great work everyone! Go the Bulldogs! League unlimited has us as the fifth biggest member base for next year at 9,192! Good work all round. 9000 Bulldogs Members have committed to join us in 2017, sending a clear message that WE STAND PROUD...
  31. D

Five Finals Series in a Row

This is the Bulldogs fifth finals series in a row. This is equal to the Bulldogs longest consecutive finals streak. Go the Bulldogs tomorrow!
  32. D

Commentary Analogy Thread

Yep! Warren Smith does Friday nights and Vossy does Thursday's. Waz does Friday, Sunday 4PM and MNF Voss does Thursday's and a Saturday game. "Let's have some fun"
  33. D

Commentary Analogy Thread

That's our man Vossy! Not Waz, sorry to correct you go the Bulldogs!!!
  34. D

Fox Sports Vs Channel 9

Exactly. For this reason I'll watch Nine and record Fox.
  35. D

Fox Sports vs Channel 9

Vossy and Rabs are my two favourite callers. Have gone with 9 because it feels somewhat "homely" but so does Fox. I have a headache.
  36. D

Sea Eagles v Bulldogs - NRL.com Preview

So does an 8.05 kickoff mean 8.15?
  37. D

B Moz to undergo more surgery

Source - 7 news. [Mod edit] And official now: Knee Surgery for Morris - Bulldogs http://www.bulldogs.com.au/content/bulldogs/club/news/2016/02/26/knee_surgery_for_mor.html
  38. D

shaun lane drops down pecking order ?

Maybe with him coming off contract you play him and his worth goes up a few hundred k. You don't play him, sign him at a much cheaper price as a replacement for T. rex ?
  39. D

Hasler Names Belmore Trial Squad

Is Mbye out? Not geared up, standing with B Moz and Hoppa
  40. D

Brett Morris to start the season

And Hoppa looked pretty happy at the end of the Moses Mbye post game interview video on our website.
  41. D

B Moz out for the first month of season

As heard on 7 news
  42. D

Does this make you angry?

We made the top eight, almost made the top four, won a finals game, got shafted by a poor refereeing decision in the semi against easts and most importantly we returned to Belmore after 17 long years.
  43. D

2014 Grand Final

On iq. But just watched the end of the merge finals week 1 2015 game, Souths prelim 2012, manly 2014 semi, we've had some classics
  44. D

2014 Grand Final

Watching it now, we had them on the ropes, 27 to go, 6-6, just got a penalty
  45. D

Dogs vs Cowboys Opening 2016 NRL Season

The pub game isn't in effect next year according to rothfield - sent him a tweet.
  46. D

Dogs vs Cowboys Opening 2016 NRL Season

Apparently the 6pm games won't be played in sydney. Perfect for berra and NZ
  47. D

England v NZ Coverage

Had game 1 set to record tomorrow morning now it looks like it's been taken off the program guide... Was meant to be on Eurosport - anyone have any ideas?
  48. D

Tickets for game vs Roosters

Anyone know which number seats are aisle seats at Allianz? Got Cat 1 this morning and in the bay 36, and I'm hoping I'm not on the aisle near the roosters supporters!
  49. D

What's the go Ray warren

Rabs is a parra supporter
  50. D

Another Hasler Fun Fact.

We won 7 in a row last year.
  51. D

Des Hasler has made the finals 11 times in his 12 year NRL career

And when he has won five games in a row he has always made the grand final. When he hasn't done that in a season he never has. - Ben Ikin, NRL360
  52. D

When do we get code for finals tix tomorrow

In Bay 109, almost 20 rows back :) Go Bulldogs!
  53. D

Round 26 - Dogs vs Warriors - NRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Need the Eels to win this one, then the Dogs playing to make the finals in all three grades this afternoon!
  54. D

Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Brett Morris passes test on cork, set to play

The last side to do so was Canterbury-Bankstown back in 1995 when the competition was still running under the five teams in the finals system and the Bulldogs finished fifth. Incorrect. It was the top 8.
  55. D

Round 26 - Dogs vs Warriors - NRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

@NRL_Bulldogs: 12' TRY to Adam Elliott on the right edge. A great hole run by the back rower. Bulldogs 4 KTC - @NthSydneyBears 0 #VBNSWCUP
  56. D

Who would you prefer to play week 1 finals, dragons or souths?

Your name creeps me out. Are we brothers.
  57. D

pritchard on report (Update free to play with early plea)

They hadn't posted it, but dogs have now. @NRL_Bulldogs: Pritchard charged, but free to play with an early guilty plea - http://t.co/GDx2HI7cJN #proudtobeabulldog http://t.co/YMKgkQxFg3
  58. D

pritchard on report (Update free to play with early plea)

No mention of him on the ABC Grandstand Twitter feed. Mason and Korbin Sims charged but haven't seen Pritchard mentioned.
  59. D

Hasler & Cook.

If you're worried about Des's opinion on Cook, watch our pressers from after the most recent Broncos and Titans games.
  60. D

Round 25 - Other Game Discussion Thread

Please miss Gordon!!!!!!
  61. D

Every time Eels get close they let one in! Fire up second half....
  62. D

Thank god. Now come on eels turn it around.
  63. D

So pumped for this. Come on eels.
  64. D

Top 4 chances

What a Super Saturday we have. If parra can knock off Eels at 3 our game, our game becomes massive!
  65. D

Top 4 chances

If we win on Saturday we overtake Souffs! Doggies are you ready ready?
  66. D

Dare to Dream Top 4 Bulldogs

It was the same finals system as now, just a few home grounds changed around. And that you didn't swap sides of the draw
  67. D

Favourite games of the season

Round 26, 2015 against the Storm at Belmore. What an event and what an atmosphere. Silencing Melbourne in the first 15 minutes to lead 16-0 ensured the rest of the night was a celebration of our great club.
  68. D

Why would J Reynolds have missed Origin 2 last year

Then why couldn't Reynolds have played without a downgrade last year. He got a 2 week suspension and we had Bye, Manly, Eels. If he didn't get downgraded he would have missed Bye, Manly, Eels, Origin and Raiders games.
  69. D

Which round is State of Origin considered in? For example... This Wednesday - is it counted as Round 17 or 18.
  70. D

I'm talking about Reynolds last year. If he didn't go to the judiciary he copped a 2 game ban. Then he could have missed the Manly and Eels games for us before Origin 2 and NSW could have named him on the Monday once his suspension was up....
  71. D

Just want to know who decides that it's "clear someone will play" - You may have thought DCE would have been picked for Game 3 so how would it work in that scenario.
  72. D

Maybe he shouldn't have went to the judiciary then and we shouldn't have named him until the Monday. Confused as anything.
  73. D

Does incumbency come into it then? Because how would you have known DCE would have been dropped for Michael Morgan...
  74. D

Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong category but I just want to know why Reynolds would have missed Game 2 last year with his two match suspension when we had the bye, Manly and the Eels all before Game 2. Ennis can so I'm happy but confused.
  75. D

If the 'dogs can't get up for Monday Night ...

I'm now a fresh prince of belco too - wouldn't be missing tomorrow for the world - heading up in the morning !!
  76. D

If the 'dogs can't get up for Monday Night ...

Cronk in... Or out... "The Sunday Mail understands Cronk will be named in the Maroons’ No. 7 jumper on Monday, despite being likely to sit out Melbourne’s clash against the Bulldogs at Belmore. The Storm were considering playing Cronk on Monday night, but it is believed coach Craig Bellamy is...
  77. D

Belmore : Where will the Army be ?

Why can't CK attend.... His Grand Final pump ups and words of wisdom are still saved deep in my hard drive somewhere....
  78. D

Bulldogs Draw - Round 24 and Round 26

As reported by the Telegraph - Round 24 v souffs on the Thursday Night and Round 26 against the Warriors on Sunday night. The Rabbitohs and Bulldogs are in line for the Thursday night the following week although there is a reluctance to play at ANZ Stadium and leaving fans to fight the peak...
  79. D

Belmore Game Transport

Where'd you hear that? I thought it was just Holden cup but would love for more grades to be on!
  80. D

Graham out for four weeks

How about the kennel member who posted - "James Graham out for season! ACL!" On April 1...
  81. D

Graham out for four weeks

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/?p=33446
  82. D

Who will be our fullback 2016?

I don't see how this signing ends our search for a long term fullback option.... The 18-year-old fullback will join the Bulldogs on a three-year deal from next year with Canterbury set to finally end their search for a long-term fullback option.
  83. D

Who will be our fullback 2016?

@MCarayannis: Canterbury Bulldogs to sign boom Kiwi fullback Brad Abbey http://t.co/yKCboisee8
  84. D

Round 14 - Bulldogs v Titans - NRL Team List and Discussion Thread

Anyone have any ideas as to where this game will be? If it's shaping up as an important clash could it be at ANZ or Belmore?
  85. D

Bulldogs vs Dragons Match Discussion

@NRL_Bulldogs: CONFIRMED | @bmozzle will return to take on the @NRL_Dragons! BE THERE to see him. Tickets: http://t.co/lKDESurY3J http://t.co/DwQFS24XUQ
  86. D

Round 11 Dogs vs Raiders - NRL Team and Discussion Thread

Looks good. Just saw him having brekky with reynolds in berra - https://twitter.com/dean_aus/status/602282692311322624
  87. D

2nd best caller in the game

Vossy's a standout for me - then Ginane
  88. D

ANZAC Day jersey

Well we're not playing on ANZAC day.
  89. D

Just wanted to clarify for those watching on tv tomorrow

Just called Channel 9 Sydney and they said the Dragons game is live.
  90. D

Bulldogs v Manly Delayed Game on Channel 9

When does Channel Nine want to show the best games. They pick the teams that rate. If you had the Raiders and the Titans as the top two teams in the competition we wouldn't get their games each week. I've watched countless classic games on Foxtel.
  91. D

The decision to delay it was made before halftime in our last Sunday game though. Channel 9 obviously had us planned to be the delayed game before Sunday.
  92. D

Terry lamb

Devo they won't show this on TV - they'll cut straight to the kickoff
  93. D

Is this a joke.