Search results

1. GRKDOG

Stanley to be a late inclusion

Hey guys, Anyone heard that Holland could be dropped for Stanley this Sunday?
  2. GRKDOG

HULL FC 60-20 HULL KINGSTON ROVERS - Pritchard MOM

Hull FC thrashed local rivals Hull Kingston Rovers in the Clive Sullivan Trophy, scoring ten tries in a dominant performance at the KC Stadium. The Black and Whites’ new signings stood out in the annual pre-season derby, with Carlos Tuimavave scoring two tries whilst Mahe Fonua, Sika Manu and...
  3. GRKDOG

Canterbury Bulldogs are back, but will State of Origin cruel NRL finals charge?

Having played in two of the last three grand finals, the Bulldogs were again expected this year to feature in the big end-of-season games. The recruitment of Brett Morris, and his superb early-season form at fullback, was another reason for optimism for Bulldogs supporters. Unfortunately, for...
  4. GRKDOG

Round 13 - Dogs vs Dragons - NRL Team & Discussion Thread

NRL v Dragons ANZ Stadium Monday, 8 June 4.00pm 1. Sam Perrett 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Moses Mbye 5. Corey Thompson 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham © 11. Josh Jackson 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Greg Eastwood 14. Sam...
  5. GRKDOG

My perspective of our year so far

There has been a lot of negativity on here since Friday and rightly so, was probably our worst performance so far this year but I honestly think that we are going into melt down prematurely. Trust me at full time Friday I had also lost all hope. If you look at the ladder 2 of the tipped...
  6. GRKDOG

Keating Released by Dragons

ST GEORGE Illawarra have announced the release of playmaker Kris Keating. Keating joined the*Dragons*on a one-year deal at the start of the 2015 after gaining a release from Super League outfit Hull KR on compassionate grounds. The 25-year-old failed to make a first grade appearance in the Red...
  7. GRKDOG

Jaycar offered to pay for Hasler to unleash at press conference

Outspoken Canterbury backer Gary Johnston has demanded the NRL award the Bulldogs two competition points, claiming "incompetent" officiating cost his team a deserved victory. Johnston, the managing director of lead sponsor Jaycar Electronics, was so incensed with a number of decisions in Friday...
  8. GRKDOG

The Kennel Referee protest

At our next home game we should all get voldermort masks and wear them. I think that would be a great way to protest against the ref's
  9. GRKDOG

Your preferred halves combo 2015 and beyond!

Seeing as there has been a bit of talk on here latley with Reynolds being out and Mbe doing a great job so far and also with the talk of Hokko being shopped around/looking at his options, i wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on which halves combo they prefer.. Vote away guys!
  10. GRKDOG

HELP!! Rabbitohs open training sessions

Hey guys, Need some help! My father in law is a staunch Souths supporter and i wanted to get a jersey signed for him. I emailed the club and they told me to attend a training session but they cant provide any dates. Does anyone here have any insiders that could help out? Would like to...
  11. GRKDOG

Wright not wanted at cronulla

Rugby league can be a tough game. Centre Jonathan Wright asked the Cronulla Sharks for a mid-year release to join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. It was denied. He’s now been told his services are not required. He is married with two young children, can’t find a club, and is...
  12. GRKDOG

2015 supporters gear

Hey guy's anyone know when the 2015 gear will be released?
  13. GRKDOG

My thoughts on the GF

Like most of you i was pretty disappointed in the result over the weekend. After having some time to think about the situation and looking at the bigger picture, i dont feel as bad. - We were playing with an injured Hokko. He hardly took on any kicking duties on Sunday and was obviously...
  14. GRKDOG

****ATTENTION**** 2x diamond tickets for sale

2x tickets next to each other for sale. Diamond Section 3rd row. Selling face value $635. Pm for details.
  15. GRKDOG

Ticket swap for GF

1x Diamond ticket for sale Change of plans For sale 1x diamond section 108 row 12 Cost $387, selling $380 PM me if interested
  16. GRKDOG

The final four: Des is the joker in the pack

Even though this finals series has been all over the shop, we still find ourselves at the preliminary stage with three of the top four ranked sides still in contention. So on yer bike, romantic unpredictability. In saying that, all is not lost for those who appreciate some whimsical horseplay...
  17. GRKDOG

Hoffman On Outer At Broncos?

Triple M's Ben Dobbin has some mail ahead of the Brisbane press conference being held at the Broncos Leagues Club today at 10.45am, which will introduce coach Wayne Bennett and the coaching staff including new assistant Kevin Walters. Dobbo has revealed all the Broncos players received a...
  18. GRKDOG

Mbye and Trex combo

Watching last night's game Trex probably had one of his best if not best game since joining us. I don't think we have seen this Trex since he joined us. I think Mbye had a lot to do with that. Giving him good balls (especially that pass that was called forward) and they where also great in...
  19. GRKDOG

Arthur fears sliding dogs

HEY have lost four straight games – and it is exactly for that reason that Eels coach Brad Arthur fears the Bulldogs on Friday night. The Eels are on the cusp of a return to finals footy but need a strong finish, with three wins in their last four games enough to give them a shot at...
  20. GRKDOG

Reynolds needs to consider change: Ennis

Canterbury captain Michael Ennis believes Josh Reynolds has to reconsider his tackling style with the NSW playmaker to return from a three-game shoulder charge suspension for Friday’s crunch NRL clash with Penrith. Reynolds was outed for a hit on Queensland winger Will Chambers in State of...
  21. GRKDOG

Bennett's big bucks problems for the Dragons

St George Illawarra could jeopardize future assistance funding packages from the NRL if they outlay millions of dollars on a new contract for Wayne Bennett. The Dragons have expressed interest in re-hiring Bennett after he announced he would leave Newcastle at the end of the year. The...
  22. GRKDOG

Dragon tests positive to steroid

THE NRL have stood down a St George Illawarra Dragons Holden Cup player after he returned a positive sample to an anabolic steroid. NRL Chief Operating Officer, Jim Doyle said on Friday the NRL’s Anti-Doping policy requires the NRL to stand down Under 20s player, Dylan Lauri, once a positive...
  23. GRKDOG

Taking the wife out for birthday dinner

Looking for ideas as to where to take the wife for her birthday dinner. Just for the 2 of us. Nothing too fancy but nothing cheap. She likes Chinese Japanese and Mexican food but not really fussy either way. Open to any options. Was thinking something city wise but not sure where.. something a...
  24. GRKDOG

Fundraising

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has had any experience in arranging a fundraiser. Be it raffles, events, auctions etc I have a very sick family member that requires treatment to extend her time with us and it has pretty much taken its toll financially. Any tips on how to get started or if...
  25. GRKDOG

Hannant fighting to save broncos career

Former Test and Origin prop Ben Hannant is fighting to save his Broncos career after falling out of favour with coach Anthony Griffin. The Courier-Mail can reveal Hannant’s management has begun talks with an NRL rival as the veteran bookend faces the prospect of being squeezed out of...
  26. GRKDOG

Htc m8

Been looking at upgrading my phone. Currently using galaxy s3 and was going to get the s5 but now have my eyes on the new htc m8. Looks much better and is a little different to the Samsung. My wife has the s4 and doesn't look like it has changed too much. I mean I prob will never use the heart...
  27. GRKDOG

Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis searches for long-term NRL deal similar to Storm captai

BULLDOGS captain Michael Ennis has revealed he is looking for a long-term contract, similar to Cameron Smith’s, to take him to the end of his career. In a potential bombshell, Ennis said he isn’t sure whether his plans and the club’s recruitment strategy are compatible. Ennis also responded to...
  28. GRKDOG

A look into the future

Was going through our next few rounds on the bulldogs app and saw a look into the result of the next few weeks
  29. GRKDOG

Dog's of war 2014

I'm sick of all the rumours. We started our season last year with rumours and it's seems like they haven't stopped since. We are 15 days from kicking off the 2014 season. We need to get behind the boys and Des, have faith that we will go better, we will smash Brisbane and Barbara we will...
  30. GRKDOG

Dury Low broken hand?

Saw this on facebook. Jaline Graham posted this in instagram. I hope this is not the start of an injury prone season. First Lafai, now this.
  31. GRKDOG

9`s Squad announced

1. Sam Perrett 2. Mitch Brown 3. Chase Stanley 4. Tyrone Phillips 5. Ed Murphy 6. Moses Mbye 7. Drury Low 8. Tim Browne 9. Michael Ennis © 10. Dale Finucane 11. Josh Jackson 12. Tony Williams 13. Pat O’Hanlon 14. Lachlan Burr 15. Corey Thompson 16. Lloyd Perrett
  32. GRKDOG

Help choosing new TV

So my 46" decided to die today. Served me well the past 5 years but time to look around. Too many options for my liking and confusing the hell out of me. What im after: 46" or bigger 100 hz or more Under $1000.00 Now where i get stuck is the whole Plasma, LCD, LED thing. Can anyone tell...
  33. GRKDOG

Members Christmas party

So who is going to the Christmas party tonight? I have never been before but will be there tonight.
  34. GRKDOG

Save the belles petition

Save the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Cheerleaders The Belles http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/savethebelles
  35. GRKDOG

Round 1 draw 2014

Looks confirmed we have Donkey's at ANZ on Friday night! Here's hoping we see the Hoff vs Barbara
  36. GRKDOG

Daniel holdsworth set to join cronulla sharks

The Cronulla Sharks are set to sign former Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and St George Illawarra Dragons pivot Daniel Holdsworth in a bid to take the pressure off star halfback Todd Carney next season. Holdsworth has been playing good football for Salford Red Devils and Hull FC in England for...
  37. GRKDOG

Bulldogs novelty bank notes

Hey guys has anyone ever come across bulldogs novelty bank notes. Did a google search and couldnt find anything.. Anyone know who brought these out? And when?
  38. GRKDOG

Michael Hagan: Bulldogs biggest underachievers

If Canterbury overachieved last year then they certainly underachieved this season. It has been a fall from grace for last year's runners-up. The Bulldogs, against all the odds, roared through to last year's grand final and some thought they could go one-better this year. But a season...
  39. GRKDOG

Bulldogs $1mil play for Hayne

http://m.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-1-million-play-for-parramatta-superstar-jarryd-hayne/story-fn2mcuj6-1226719111044
  40. GRKDOG

Next week v Penrith

Next week we could possibly be at our weakest. Missing Kasiano, Eastwood, Pritchard, Reynolds, Tim Browne and Barbara.
  41. GRKDOG

Statement from Bulldogs re Barba

Following on from Ben Barba’s appearance on FOX Sports last night the Bulldogs and Ben would like to clarify his position in regards to requesting a release from the Club. “I’m really close to my daughters and working hard on my relationship. Their move to Brisbane would create a difficult...
  42. GRKDOG

MOM against Parramatta

Tried searching to no avail. Who got MOM against parramatta a few weeks ago?
  43. GRKDOG

Paul Carter

Just read Paul Carter to Titans. Big loss if true
  44. GRKDOG

Bullshit media articles thread

Seems as though the media keep finding a way to dribble bullshit about our club/players, so i thought i would start a thread dedicated to this. Ill go first with the article below: Ben Barba continues to work on repairing his life away from football. One of my spies spotted the Dally M champ...
  45. GRKDOG

Boys in Blue

Couldnt help but notice at the last few home games a group that has started their own supporter base "Boys in Blue" Whats the go with these guys? They seem to be pretty loud considering there is prob half a dozen of them..
  46. GRKDOG

Recommended framing shops

Hey guys Finally got my 2012 jersey all signed. Want to get it framed. Can anyone recommend any place in Sydney? I have never framed anything before so not sure what to expect process wise? Anything else I need to keep in mind?
  47. GRKDOG

Membership packs

Hey guys, I have managed to lose my membership pack voucher that came with my membership. I have emailed the club and also tweeted a week ago and still no reply. I was wondering if anyone else has lost theres in the past and what i can do to get my pack (last years backpack is starting to...
  48. GRKDOG

Help identifying signatures

Hey guys, i have a jersey signed by most of the team last year. Im having some trouble identifying who is missing and some of the signatures on the jersey. So far i can make out the following signatures: Inu Finucane Morris Barba Eastwood Stagg Wright Tapau Kasiano Pritchard*...
  49. GRKDOG

Dogs vs Sharks- bluetongue stadium

Hey guys was thinking of heading to the game but will probably be a last minuite decision. Should i pre purchase tickets? Or will there be plenty available game day? Also anyone know the cost of tickets??
  50. GRKDOG

Dragons sign Widdop on four-year deal

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that England International Gareth Widdop has agreed to a four-year contract that will see him join the Club from next season until at least the end of the 2017 season. Widdop, 24, who has played half, fullback and centre for his club and...
  51. GRKDOG

Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

HE is known as T-Rex, but there has been nothing ferocious or intimidating about Tony Williams in his first three games for the Bulldogs.A $600,000-a-year recruit, Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year", with the 118kg giant ranked 44th in metres gained and 96th in tackles...
  52. GRKDOG

31 rugby league players to be interviewed as ASADA steps up its investigation into al

.. NRL CEO Dave Smith will speak to the Sharks players. Picture: Ross Schultz Source: The Daily Telegraph THIRTY-ONE rugby league players will be interviewed as ASADA steps up its investigation into alleged doping in the NRL. But that number may swell considerably once the interviews get...
  53. GRKDOG

Is it time for Hasler to rethink his number 7?

Alarm bells certainly are not ringing in Belmore just yet, but you feel that after Saturday night’s performance the Bulldogs may find points much harder to come by this season. The exclusion of Ben Barba is an obvious reason, yet last season, Canterbury’s potency in attack was down to much...
  54. GRKDOG

Trent Hodkinson MIA at Belmore trial

Anyone know why he didnt play yesterday? We was named in the team line up but didnt take the field. Is he injured again or still??
  55. GRKDOG

Titans sign Marmin Barba

The Gold Coast Titans have added further depth to their squad for next season after signing talented youngster Marmin Barba. Marmin, the younger brother of Bulldogs dynamo and last year’s Dally M Medal winner Ben, gives the club another option in the halves and at fullback after signing with...
  56. GRKDOG

Mitchell Pearce to be announce as a Bulldog this week?

Just got word that we will be announcing the signing of Mitchell Pearce this week, expect Cooper and $BW to be both going to the Roosters next year... Anyone else hearing anything like this lately? (not sure how reliable this source is but word is getting stronger)
  57. GRKDOG

Des Hasler has transformed the Bulldogs from a train wreck in to the benchmark

FIVE years ago, the Canterbury Bulldogs were a train wreck. The once proud club was on its knees in a quagmire of off-field controversies that threatened to completely derail the team's fortunes for a very long time. The team contained players who, if they were school students, teachers...
  58. GRKDOG

Grand final jersey?

Hey guys anyone know if the club would be releasing a grand final edition jersey? If so when? Only of we win? I heard someone mention something the other week...
  59. GRKDOG

Open training session for members

What a great turn out for the boys! I went down on my lunch break and the line was HUGE!! Anyone else manage to go? Noticed Barba wasnt training?
  60. GRKDOG

Foster to Raiders

The Canberra Raiders have bolstered their depth in the forwards, signing Canterbury Bulldogs second-rower Jake Foster for next season.The 23-year-old heads to the Raiders eager for an opportunity after being unable to feature in the NRL this season under premiership-winning coach Des...
  61. GRKDOG

No more your team threads??

Just an observation i made... (could be a pointless thread but meh) I dont think we have a had a "you team against xxxx" this season. Last year it seemed to be a weekly thread. Shows that Dessie is doing a great job overall and we all seem happy with his selections. Also enforces the fact...
  62. GRKDOG

Kicks for touch

Something that has bothered me for a while, and noticed it again last night. When we get a penalty awarded to us and we kick for touch, we never seem to make the most of it. Eg Keating last night kicked it 10m from our half of the feild. Im sure we could get more metres out of these kicks...
  63. GRKDOG

Possible Signing of Foran Superthread

Source: Fatty on the footy show!!
  64. GRKDOG

NRL 2012 sledging group Facebook page

Hey guys if anyone wants to warm up before the season starts join the NRL 2012 sledging group on Facebook... There are quite a few bulldogs haters so i thought we could round up some more troops...
  65. GRKDOG

Josh Reynolds tweet....

Done some work with Joey johns today pretty sure he could still run around these days #freak Have we always used Joey??
  66. GRKDOG

Dessie fires up!?

We all know how passionate Des is when it comes to winning especially when the odds are against him. With all that has happened the last few weeks it seems he still wanted to see out his contract with manly. Now since the board has put a stop to that I can only assume he will be even more...
  67. GRKDOG

Josh Morris wants out??

Has anybody heard the rumors that Morris wants out of his contract die to personal reasons?? A few of the Facebook pages have mentioned something and have heard it from a mate...
  68. GRKDOG

Membership Upgrade Question...

hey guys, sorry if thiss is in the wrong section but for some reason i can post in the gameday section or the army section?? :confused: im currently a GA member and after joing you guys in the kennel with a 2 of my mates vs the roosters i have been wanting to update my membership which i will...