Search results

1. GRKDOG

des/players troubles

This isn't anything new. He's been having blow up with senior players for years and they have been shown the door
  2. GRKDOG

Buzz on The Professor's Second Year Syndrome

Harrigan was on triple m last night or the night before and said he is 100% gone after this week.. We can only hope
  3. GRKDOG

Curtis Rona

Thats not the correct story about wanting to go to Perth for family reasons...
  4. GRKDOG

Curtis Rona

He wont come back as long as Des is there...
  5. GRKDOG

RFM letter.

My daughter also got the same letter from Frawley and also didnt have the key ring. When the club was called and asked were the key ring was we got the same response, first it was an "error" and rookie keyrings dont get sent, then we got the "oh we ran out of keyrings" why send a letter that...
  6. GRKDOG

Bulldogs to rip through roster with Woods and Tedesco in mind

I dont see how all of a sudden he is a big chance at Melbourne, especially when all reports in the last couple of weeks state he wants to move back to Sydney to be with his kids...
  7. GRKDOG

Frawley saves Des' career but gets dumped

I could be wrong but Frawley hasnt been names in NSW cup.. Maybe Des is planning on some last min changes?
  8. GRKDOG

We could have easily been 3 and 0

And if my grandmother had balls she could have been my grandfather
  9. GRKDOG

R3 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

We are all excited about Abbey, but isnt anyone concerned that Hoppa will just slop back into FB when he returns and Abbey gets relegated?
  10. GRKDOG

Morris should be fullback

Too old/injury prone for fullback IMO
  11. GRKDOG

L.Perrett

I believe he is on decent coin when re re-signed not long ago
  12. GRKDOG

Ray Dib - are you watching Des ? Nothing has changed at training

Lichaa and Holland also at training
  13. GRKDOG

Is there a silver lining to us not having signed any big stars??

Silver lining is he doesn't get to ruin more players careers
  14. GRKDOG

Board only grilled Des for 20 mins of a 4 hour meeting ????

Des showed up at 2:30 and left just before 4:30, apparently he had a meeting with Dib and Mortimer before the board meeting. They were never gonna sack Des for next year
  15. GRKDOG

Nothing in the pipeline

I thought he lived out Hoxton Park way...
  16. GRKDOG

CARNEY: The rumours are getting stronger!

This is 100% spot on.
  17. GRKDOG

Dear Raelene...Are you listening!!!?

I wont be renewing either. Im sure ill get a call to renew as im not on the roll over, once that occurs i will give them similar reasons stated above. From people i have spoken to it seems that membership numbers will be down drastically next year. Hope they take note, but not holding my breath.
  18. GRKDOG

we desperately need a half back for next season.

I agree 100% BTW my post was sarcasm..
  19. GRKDOG

The Spine Has To Go

The problem is he doesn't want to play centre. He wanted to play in the halves to get the big bucks.
  20. GRKDOG

we desperately need a half back for next season.

It will change something. The halfback we buy will change to another invisible man on the field. Or transform into a forward.
  21. GRKDOG

Who I'd have coaching us

I honestly can't believe some people. I agree we are playing shit, but we are also winning whilst playing shit. If we go into the finals placed in the top 4 I have confidence we can win it. Everyone knows come September we go up a few gears so let's see what we can do in the finals from the top...
  22. GRKDOG

L.Perrett

Be interesting to see what happens now that Sam retired
  23. GRKDOG

Rona to Western Force

Theres more to his move than what is said in public as is most cases when players leave. I remember only a weeks before we announced Bmoz he was telling Dragon fans he wasnt leaving even though his move was a year in the making. They cant exactly tell fans everything as things change in the...
  24. GRKDOG

Rona to Western Force

Like i was saying.... http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/canterbury-bulldogs-winger-curtis-rona-shifts-to-super-rugbys-western-force-20160812-gqr0jm.html
  25. GRKDOG

Rona to Western Force

I'm confident on the Rona one.. Time will tell.
  26. GRKDOG

Rona to Western Force

Yeah, doesn't change the fact that Rona won't be there
  27. GRKDOG

Rona to Western Force

From what I'm hearing Perrett will be around next year and Rona wants to stay but doesn't mean he's wanted.
  28. GRKDOG

Sam Kasianos auckland nines jersey

Where you located?
  29. GRKDOG

Dogs Give Lloyd Perrett The Cold Shoulder

Actually there is 3 sides usually. His side, her side and the truth.
  30. GRKDOG

Titans Victory song hmmm

I think Pritchard brought our victory song from Penrith
  31. GRKDOG

Titans Victory song hmmm

Dont they have when the saints go marching??
  32. GRKDOG

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Well the use of the bench is fucked already maybe fuck it up a little more lol
  33. GRKDOG

Or even give him last 15 of each half to add some spark
  34. GRKDOG

Is Stanley in for Holland a certainty? Got Holland in my fantasy team!!
  35. GRKDOG

Joey Johns halves coaching role at the dogs?

Was Johns at Manly as part time halves coach when Des was there?
  36. GRKDOG

What next?

I think Reynolds kicking last night was improved. Mbye had a shocker, given hes been going better in previous games this year. Everyone is saying we cant score points, but we can we just choose to turn it off in the second half to defend the lead. I am yet to see an 80min performance but i...
  37. GRKDOG

Eastwood sidelined for up to a month

Isnt Trex "injured"?
  38. GRKDOG

Our forwards are mush

5 first graders out. A rookie left side which Raiders scored 2 try's on that side. Kas injured early on. Raiders with close to 80% possession in the second half. Half a rookie bench. I'm proud we only lost by 12.
  39. GRKDOG

Stanley to be a late inclusion

This was for last week's gamr
  40. GRKDOG

Cheap dogs gear

I just popped past there and found a few xl and l bulldogs gear.. Not too many jerseys in those sizes though. Bought a wind breaker sort of jacket in xl for $35 not sure what the retail on them is
  41. GRKDOG

Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Similar to 2012?
  42. GRKDOG

Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Considering the way we have been playing we are 2 wins off the top which isnt too bad. The second Parra game and The Belmore game against Canberra are 2 games that we should have won. Playing rubbish and still up there isnt a bad thing, hopefully a few things change and we become more...
  43. GRKDOG

Any Coach at Belmore - Choose One

WINNING with tiger blood! Im down with that!
  44. GRKDOG

Holland has played more mins in 2016 than Stanley has played in the last 5 years. Cant keep risking Stanley leaving us a man short.
  45. GRKDOG

I cant see why we would drop Holland though. Hes been great and his the best we have at conversions ATM. I agree if anything he should replace Phillips.
  46. GRKDOG

Its actually on the nrl website in the late mail for the round Bulldogs: No changes expected, however Chase Stanley could come in late to replace Kerrod Holland. Roosters: It looks like Ryan Matterson will partner Mitchell Pearce in the halves with Jackson Hastings set to miss out...
  47. GRKDOG

Hey guys, Anyone heard that Holland could be dropped for Stanley this Sunday?
  48. GRKDOG

God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Can you elaborate as to how he has fucked our season?
  49. GRKDOG

So Williams not even in NSW Cup

Off to Concord....
  50. GRKDOG

Round 10 - Dogs vs Tigers - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Expect Trex to be dropped before kick off.
  51. GRKDOG

Attracting New players

The storm wanted Hoppa and even agreed to his Sunday clause as well
  52. GRKDOG

Team vs Tigs?

Trex to play NSW cup for the rest of the year!
  53. GRKDOG

Attracting New players

Because we were doing so well attracting a half back the last 5 years...
  54. GRKDOG

Bulldogs great Terry Lamb says coach Des Hasler doesn’t get the Canterbury club culture

Better late than never. Although it shouldn't come to this
  55. GRKDOG

Bulldogs great Terry Lamb says coach Des Hasler doesn’t get the Canterbury club culture

We've been hoping for change for a while. I've always been a fan of Des but his on thin ice in my books atm. I said before the start of this season, if we don't make top 4 minimum the year will be a failure in my opinion. He's had enough time to assemble the team he wants and implement his...
  56. GRKDOG

Surely the club must do something, he's killing us slowly! Things need to change asap!
  57. GRKDOG

Which part? Linked to the roosters, or board gunning for him?
  58. GRKDOG

From what i have heard these long video sessions have been going on for a while. If it hasn't changed so far what will make it change now?
  59. GRKDOG

Greg Eastwood

You can blame all the players for pathetic performances, but this stems back to the way we are coached to play. It isnt a coincidence that we are criticising the players every week, they do what they are told to do. Look at Ennis for example, hes game has improved ten fold at the Sharks and...
  60. GRKDOG

Marching Orders

Thats her job though, she shouldn't be involved in the on field stuff, thats Des and co`s job. On another note OP forgot to add a sack the Cleaner, Ball Boy and Groundman option in the poll. I think the problem stems from there.
  61. GRKDOG

Stanley Injury

Holland should be there on goal kicking alone. We cant risk losing games due to not being able to convert trys
  62. GRKDOG

Trent Hodkinson contract saga: Josh Jackson and Josh Morris want halfback to stay.

Sezer isnt just about his 1 good game, the guy has a great kicking game consistently (which is pretty much non existent in our current squad) a Sezer Mbye combo would take us to another level IMO
  63. GRKDOG

Trent Hodkinson contract saga: Josh Jackson and Josh Morris want halfback to stay.

Not only was he injured last year he has been injury prone throughout his time with us. The player we should have kept was Sezer, but Kevin Moore saw more in Keating. So we kept Keating instead. Go figure.
  64. GRKDOG

Should the Dogs chase Coote?

Is everyone forgetting we have Abbey, Hoppa and Bmoz are currently keeping the fb spot warm for him.
  65. GRKDOG

Should the Dogs chase Coote?

That's not true. We are paying him peanuts, this has come from a very good source.
  66. GRKDOG

Romelo allegedly caught dealing Ice in Darwin

Sounds like they are making it sound worse cause he use to play rugby league
  67. GRKDOG

Romelo allegedly caught dealing Ice in Darwin

FORMER NRL player Joel Romelo has been charged following a police bust of an alleged ice-dealing syndicate in Darwin. Romelo, 26, who played for Penrith, Canterbury and Melbourne, was arrested in Darwin on Tuesday, along with four others who are allegedly part of the mid-range dealer group...
  68. GRKDOG

Bulldogs star Moses Mbye rated the NRL’s most dangerous playmaker

Sounds like this forum. A few bad games from any of our players and we call for everyone's head.
  69. GRKDOG

Penrith territory owned..... Lol

Isn't this photo from 2014 preliminary finals??
  70. GRKDOG

Frank Pritchard

His whole family is over there with him. Kid's are at school there and settled in. He is an hounerable bloke and I don't see him wanting out of his contract unless the club release him cause they don't want him. Which I can't see happening.
  71. GRKDOG

HULL FC 60-20 HULL KINGSTON ROVERS - Pritchard MOM

it kills me that i couldn't post this in the Bulldogs section
  72. GRKDOG

HULL FC 60-20 HULL KINGSTON ROVERS - Pritchard MOM

Hull FC thrashed local rivals Hull Kingston Rovers in the Clive Sullivan Trophy, scoring ten tries in a dominant performance at the KC Stadium. The Black and Whites’ new signings stood out in the annual pre-season derby, with Carlos Tuimavave scoring two tries whilst Mahe Fonua, Sika Manu and...
  73. GRKDOG

Moses Mbye says he wants to be the Bulldogs version of Johnathan Thurston in 2016

To be fair the kid has always said he idolised JT when growing up, even before he had a few good games this year. He started off the season great and fell off during the season. I guess not being sure of your role/position week to week didnt really help his form during the year. Im happy to...
  74. GRKDOG

The Will Hopoate Thread - 200k or 200nay

A few months ago i heard that if we get Hoppa Parra will get Lafai, i guess well find out soon enough how good the source i heard it from is...
  75. GRKDOG

Fittler - Dogs Must Change Game Plan

I think the main thing to take from that video is our game plan hinges around Graham. When he was out injured we played a different style, he came back and we revert to the same game plan that revolves around him. Not bagging on Graham love the guy but our game plan must not be made around him.
  76. GRKDOG

Strickland joins Bulldogs for 2 seasons

Another player of the "future" that will prob never see first grade at our club, get poached and get his chance at another club.
  77. GRKDOG

Jacob Loko’s career in tatters after being arrested for ecstasy possession

We have a no dickhead for established players that are proven in first grade, but are happy for unproven hacks to tarnish the clubs name. Shit policy
  78. GRKDOG

Matty Johns show on our halves

I believe he found form AFTER he signed/announced his contract with Newcastle
  79. GRKDOG

Is this our new halfback for 2016 ? Dane Chisholm carving up Super League for Hull Kr

Heard Des holds him in high regard. Also people forget when Mbye had a few good games for us earlier he was throwing cut out passes and had a good combo with Trex. I'm not saying he's our solution, especially after the back end of the year but I'm happy to give Mbye a full off season with...
  80. GRKDOG

Theory - We are in neutral gear.

My wife who hardly ever watches football said this before they scored. She said watch them fire up more if the dragons score. I think we went in there expecting to win, that along with the work on defence we had to do really ****ed us up. I'm looking forward to a massive Improvement next...
  81. GRKDOG

Frank the Tank Farewell function

I was also there and it was a great night entertainment and all! I think all up there was close to $100k raised for save our sons. The event was originally planned as a simple going away tribute with the proceeds going to Frank, but being the great guy he is he insisted that he didnt want any...
  82. GRKDOG

Joshua Reynolds

If Reynolds and Keating can guide us to a gf I'm sure Reynolds and Mbye can.
  83. GRKDOG

Are Doggies Pretenders If We Lose Tonight?

This thought also crossed my mind. Especially given last year.
  84. GRKDOG

Are Doggies Pretenders If We Lose Tonight?

For me the last 3 weeks form means nothing. It's these games that we also seem to struggle to win. If we win today I'll be confident we can make a push for the title.
  85. GRKDOG

The hardest farewell.

Forgot about Ben Barba *ducking for cover*
  86. GRKDOG

Vote for Klem for Sports Dad of the Year

Fitting that you have his exchange with Parker as your sig :roflol:
  87. GRKDOG

Assuming Cook continues to play well, what happens to Reynolds ?

This. But with Des calling the shots you never know.
  88. GRKDOG

Hodkinson real reason he left dogs

There is always 3 sides to a story.
  89. GRKDOG

Pritchard's selfless decision to leave Bulldogs

Shame the club couldn't treat him with some respect and let him see out his contract. This is all pr shit. He was pushed out end of story.
  90. GRKDOG

what's the news on Frank the Tank

Apparently he only had 1 cracked rib.. Dont know how different a cracked rib is to a broken rib, but meh...
  91. GRKDOG

Injuries v sharks

Can't see him playing again this year if he has broken ribs
  92. GRKDOG

Things we learnt playing Parra tonight

But they bought Beau Scott for next year! :roflol::roflol:
  93. GRKDOG

Round 19 - Dogs vs Eels - NRL / NSWC / NYC Team List & Discussion Thread

Zzzzz I'll bet my left nut the team will not run out as named above. I can't remember the last time the team named on Tuesday ran out the same on game day.
  94. GRKDOG

Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL / NSWRL / NYC Team Lists and Discussion Thread.

Who would replace Jmoz? Surely Des won't move Mbye to centres and have Hokko and Reynolds in the halves. Would like to see Loko get a run or Philips in for Jmoz..
  95. GRKDOG

Rumour: Tigers chasing Klemmer

This rumour is so ridiculous that even the telecrap hasn't even touched it.
  96. GRKDOG

Titans begin negotiations with Trent Hodkinson

Expensive? Weren't the going to fork out more for DCE?