Search results

1. Raysie

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Imagine being on an NRL contract at your junior club and throwing it all away on a tough love incident at training. Something I've learned over the years is that being right doesn't always matter. I'd have used my anger towards proving to my coach I'm better than the 30 other ***** in the team.
  2. Raysie

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

I'm surprised Kiraz isn't in the conversation more. When injuries haven't been a concern, he's been up there with the best Wingers in the game. He makes metres, scores tries and has an offload or 3 in him. How Lomax is being talked up after 4 good games is beyond me.
  3. Raysie

Other News Source James Fisher- Harris Signs with Warriors 2025

Warriors officially in a Premiership window period. If they don't win one finally this year or the next, they never will. Meanwhile we're signing has-been or never-been Props. We ain't even in the same universe as the top teams.
  4. Raysie

Cameron Ciraldo

I genuinely believe he's the right guy long-term. Still has a bit to learn with selections and interchanges though.
  5. Raysie

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Going off tonight, Xerri's defence was far better than the supposed best defensive centre in the world in Chrichton. Chrichton's defence tonight was rubbish - made Smith look like a world beater.
  6. Raysie

Rd 6 vs Storm 3-2-1

3. Kiraz 2. Kikau 1. Fox Honourable mention to Tracey and Xerri.
  7. Raysie

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Has he got a single try assist yet? He's an attacking cockblock.
  8. Raysie

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

I'm honestly not top upset with that half to be honest. I feel we're winning the forward battle. We just need to get these last passes right and slowly start building pressure. Referee giving us nothing though. Plenty of 6 against fucking killing us.
  9. Raysie

Demetriou's 27 second presser

If Anthony Seibold can get a job after that shitshow up there in Brisbane, this guy will have no issue finding a job again.
  10. Raysie

News Bulldog Photos “Pumped up Moments round 5”

I didn't think they were going to go all out with the shorts and socks too. Was a real blast from the past. For the first time in nearly 20 years, I felt like we were running out with that massive and intimidating "Blue V" across the shoulders. It further highlighted how white and basic our...
  11. Raysie

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Biggest threat with the Storm is that spine and backline. It's total fire from everywhere. Storm are the type that can concede 30 points this year, and then easily score 40 themselves.
  12. Raysie

Official Finally Truth!

Didn't Kent even say himself this was gossip BS on NRL 360 just to spark shit? He started the rumours.
  13. Raysie

Critta in full flight

It's a known fact players lose their speed and agility when they put the blue and white jersey on it.
  14. Raysie

Round 6 - Slim Pickings

Good opportunity for Papalii to get a crack. Makes the most sense without further distrupiting the backline.
  15. Raysie

A wins a win

Okay I've calmed down. We went there ready for a fight tonight and the circus acts in that first half from the Roosters actually mind fucked us in the end. We went into half time not ready or knowing what to do with a 26-0 lead. Then the second half comes around and momentum has completely...
  16. Raysie

A wins a win

I'll take it, but that second half was pathetic.
  17. Raysie

Coming Soon!

Holy crap that good.
  18. Raysie

Coming Soon!

I have to admit, it was quite nostalgic seeing that Eels early 2000s jersey. Looked great on TV. Already from that little teaser, I'm excited. The old Super League "V" brings back memories of more successful times.
  19. Raysie

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

I mean what the fuck Ciraldo doing playing him last 10min when we've been 2 men down? Can't honestly expect much from an experienced prop playing 10min a week.
  20. Raysie

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Honestly
  21. Raysie

Never in my life...

No one to blame but ourselves. Every set just doing the same shit expecting a different result.
  22. Raysie

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Why they swap Chichton and Kiraz? The 30 swaps for 1 injury completely unnecessary.
  23. Raysie

Biggest mistake was dropping Wilson for Fox, seriously. He's been shit and now he's left us in shit again.
  24. Raysie

A lot of clubs would go against this stratagy, but I'd be trying to get the ball in Latrell's hands as much as I can. Kick to him, let him make his errors and tire him out. Where I've seen him work best is where he's left to save his energy for key parts of the game. We can't let that happen.
  25. Raysie

Score prediction this wk & crowd vs souths

I actually have no idea where this game will go. I think we'll definitely bring a high defensive effort as we've seen, but it all depends on Sutton and Latrell. If either get given any chance, we're fucked and will be chocked out of the game.
  26. Raysie

Yeah I know, I'm just saying what everyone outside the club thinks.
  27. Raysie

Opinion Utility Power

I think squad depth, competition for spots, and experience is what's made the biggest difference. I also don't buy into this utility position BS. These guys didn't make it to the NRL based on their utility value.
  28. Raysie

Nothing would give me more joy than seeing them go 0-4 to start the year. You think they're copping it bad at the moment? Try them losing against a shit side like us.
  29. Raysie

Opinion Key Feature Missing from Our Attack

It's no coincidence that we've been both shit and without a good Fullback for the last 10 years.
  30. Raysie

Official Tino Fa'asuamaleaui out for the season with ACL

He looked really off yesterday, even before the injury. Wasn't his usual arrogant self and just was going with the motions. Wonder if he was having regrets deciding to stay?
  31. Raysie

Opinion Blake Taffee

The confidence between Taafe and Tracey is night and day. Tracey's really surprised me with how quickly he's just gotten on with it - he packs a punch for a little guy. I'm sad to say it, but Taafe is our massive weak spot at the moment and teams will keep targeting him.
  32. Raysie

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

Will be a tough game. Hope the boys know it won't be like playing the Titans.
  33. Raysie

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Pretty much everyone 10/10 except our spine. Fucking awful.
  34. Raysie

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

I tend to agree with the thinking. An 8/10 Fullback, Halfback and Prop added to our squad goes a long way from turning us into a bottom 5 team to a top 8 team.
  35. Raysie

NRL.com 2012-14 Bulldogs documentary

Some good/bad memories there. 2012 was the only year we were actually great. The other years were finals finishes that covered up a lot of issues.
  36. Raysie

News NRL drops referee

Wait, we have a referee with the name Ziggy and I'm only learning this now?
  37. Raysie

Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

Look at how clubs have gone once he's left them. He gives short term success and then takes what he wants and fucks off. These old **** coaches are in it for the short term. They have to be for obvious reasons. Just pause for a second and see the bigger picture at this club. Juniors are...
  38. Raysie

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

Outside of that Mick Potter period, it's amazing how consistently shit our attack has been the last 10 years. Even with the thousand coaches we've had, it's almost like we're still watching the fucking ghost of des-ball out there.
  39. Raysie

News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

I was more confident with Tracey running out there to be honest.
  40. Raysie

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

Helps when your team has the ball.
  41. Raysie

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

My biggest worry is our back 3 - All skinny guys compared to most clubs. They just aren't getting the metres we need at the start of our sets, putting more work on our forward pack. We defended as best as we possibly could, but if you can't get out of your half eventually it takes its toll. I...
  42. Raysie

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Can someone get Fox off!? It's not courageous. He's a fucking liability!!
  43. Raysie

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

These dropped "NRL" players proving why they've been selected in NSW Cup.
  44. Raysie

News Liam Knight

Least of his problems. More worryingly, he's still shit.
  45. Raysie

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Under no circumstance can we let Knight play in this first grade side. No brains and his dumb error has changed the game completely.
  46. Raysie

Why it’s time for unrecognisable Dogs to deliver ...and the recruit to spark a revolution

We also have to remember we weren't going so bad early on last year. We had some very ligitiment depth and injury issues that eventually became too much.
  47. Raysie

Why it’s time for unrecognisable Dogs to deliver ...and the recruit to spark a revolution

I think the biggest difference this year compared to the last 10 years is that we have competition in all positions. Our depth and experience has been bolstered big time. None of the players in this side should feel comfortable. I still have many doubts, but squads like this are capable of...
  48. Raysie

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Literally took the words out of my mouth. I don't get it. He went up there because Bennett wanted him. I don't remember him saying Bennett wanted him at No. 19.
  49. Raysie

News Kikau’s Comeback Season

He's kinda slipped under the radar a bit leading into the new season. He was up there as the best backrower and most probably forward in the game just 2 years ago. If he fires, the entire dynamic of our forward pack and attack changes.
  50. Raysie

If you could pick a ‘Bulldogs’ goal kicker from any era to kick a winning goal - who would you choose?

Didn't he a miss a key conversion at the end against the Storm a few years back? I'd like to say 2019?
  51. Raysie

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

My understanding was clubs like Penrith were asked first and they turned it down.
  52. Raysie

2024 Bulldogs Premiership Tattoo

1984: Win 1994: Lose 2004: Win 2014: Lose 2024: ??? ... a man can dream.
  53. Raysie

News Trial Takeaways: Problems abound for Dogs after Sharks loss (Roar)

Wow, what an embarrassing string of sentences that is. I took more positives than negatives from the game. So much to work on, yet only lost at the end from a shit pass.
  54. Raysie

News New Dogs trait great ‘couldn’t believe’

It was so obvious to see those young kids weren't held back with the loser badge that a lot of our First Graders have. Future is bright if we stay a little more patient.
  55. Raysie

News The Redemption story we all need

Hopefully he's learned what 'innocent until proven guilty' means from this - a standard he often overlooked in his own reporting of players in the same situation.
  56. Raysie

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

I think it's clear Wilson is ahead of Skelton in the pecking order. Skelton is proper rocks and diamonds - capable of doing some great things, but as we saw on the weekend, also very capable of making mistakes and then not backing it up in defense.
  57. Raysie

Ciraldo would have to be stupid not to start him. Xerri's issue isn't fitness, it's match fitness. No point begging him of game time for someone else in a trial game.
  58. Raysie

I've been on the Taffe train all pre-season, but I've finally realised Crichton is too good to not try at Fullback first. Give him 6 weeks and if it's not working, bring in Taffe.
  59. Raysie

Indigenous vs Maori

Gagai a man possessed tonight. Love it.
  60. Raysie

James Magnussen will take performance-enhancing supplements to break world record and win $1.5m

Woops sorry, was responding to your comment regarding Cleary.
  61. Raysie

James Magnussen will take performance-enhancing supplements to break world record and win $1.5m

He was 18 when he made is debut. The far and away likely scenario is he was still growing. All of his strengths aren't even physical.
  62. Raysie

Joey Manu close to signing a contract with French Rugby

He's a solid player, but damn he's overrated. He hasn't done anything special for a few years now. Even at Fullback where he's talked up like the best thing since sliced bread - he's one dimensional and just runs. No passing game or anything. There were so many instances where he just got in...
  63. Raysie

News ‘Chopping and changing’: Burton’s big call on Dogs’ halves mystery as new recruit shines

Chuck that early career Josh Reynolds into the team we've had the last few years and he doesn't even make 10 games before going to NSW Cup. As much as I love Josh Reynolds, we saw the real Reynolds in those last few years he had with us when our squad started getting weaker. It's unfair...
  64. Raysie

News Five big questions for 2024: Canterbury Bulldogs

We're going into a season with arguably the least expectations we've had in years, so we'll probably go alright.
  65. Raysie

Barbie Movie

Finally watched this. Wow it's bad. And to top it off the Mrs is pissed with me and calling me pro-man all of a sudden. Fun times... paid $10 for the wife to now be pissed at me hahaha
  66. Raysie

News Cameron Ciraldo Q&A How New Recruits Will Feature In His Quest To Make The Bulldogs A Powerhouse Again

I kind of got the idea there that there were big possibilities of Burton and Chrichton playing in different positions. On a slight side note, I'm frightened for Ciraldo if we do much of the same as last year.
  67. Raysie

Burtons best position?

He just needs a Halfback that actually does something. He's been doing it all on his own and failing bigtime up to now.
  68. Raysie

NRL Vegas promo

I honestly don't get the hate for it all. If anything I'd have gone all out with a Netflix doco - throw in a bit of drama, show some of the characters and big on-field moments and watch the world soak it up. F1 has done so good with that and all of a sudden the Yanks are eating it up like it's...
  69. Raysie

News The Canterbury Utilitydogs: How does the puzzle fit together in 2024?

This whole utility argument is getting old quick. You think those players made it to NRL level because they were elite utilities in their juniors? Fuck no. It's because they were in the 1% that make it in whatever position they were playing. Just because you're versitile, doesn't mean you...
  70. Raysie

2024 Jerseys

We look more like the Newtown Jets than the Newtown Jets do.
  71. Raysie

Nathan Cleary trash talked

Yeah, can confidently put my left nut on the line that Cleary didn't say this.
  72. Raysie

Canterbury Alliance

A forgotten region full of talent. Most people don't know this, but a few months ago St Thomas College in Canterbury was the first High School outside of Auckland to win a comp in 23 years. That's massive. Most don't understand what's going on outside our First Grade side, but the things we're...
  73. Raysie

2024 Jerseys

Would it hurt to add more blue to the home jersey? Honestly looks like a half done stencil.
  74. Raysie

Player's Names on Jerseys

I grew up wanting to wear the numbers of the positions idolised. The feeling of breaking from the bench to being a starting centre playing with the No. 4 on my back was the dream. Seeing someone running around with the No. 29 on his back isn't Rugby League to me.
  75. Raysie

Stuff you collect

Regarding Crown Zenith of we're talking sealed product, I think they'll slowly find their way up again but it will probably be a few years. Yeah, 151 was just awesome. Completed my masterset last week and had so much fun with it.
  76. Raysie

Opinion Spending $1m

Luai would at least see out a contract.
  77. Raysie

Phil Gould's Path to Victory with the Canterbury Bulldogs: A Pokémon-Inspired Journey

This just smells of ChatGPT. But I still thank you for mixing my 2 favourite things.
  78. Raysie

Curran signed.

Fuck yeah bitches
  79. Raysie

Rumour Papenhuyzen

Whole year out of the game and not much match fitness will do that to you. Look at the start of the year when the season starts, it takes a month or so at least for players to settle into the groove, and that's with a whole off season under their belt.
  80. Raysie

Rumour Papenhuyzen

He was looking great in QLD Cup. His recent injury is completed unrelated, so I think he's worth a crack. And yeah, Bulldogs supporter as a kid too. Clive Churchill medal winner and proven champion already.
  81. Raysie

Rumour Papenhuyzen

Reports that Storm shopping Paps around...
  82. Raysie

Official Lets Trot Show (Fox and Mansour Podcast)

I lost brain cells watching these.
  83. Raysie

See Campbelltown / claymore and airds in all its beauty

Fucking hell this brings back memories. I remember playing Airds High on one of their grounds for school footy and somehow winning too in the early 2000s. Got out of there real quick afterwards haha So funny, I've gone from living in Campbelltown to South Auckland, where normally people do it...
  84. Raysie

Singing Anthum International Games.

Meh... the anthem is uninspiring and the lyrics in no way identify with us as a people. It literally wastes the little time it has talking about recources and fucking geography. I will sing it in respect, but we can do much better. I think I've brought it up before, but "I am Australian" from...
  85. Raysie

Stuff you collect

Hey Bro, yeah... damn forgot I even mentioned that haha It's called Getthosemons and it's focused on trading cards. Only catch is I only ship within NZ only! Might change that to include Aus one day. https://getthosemons.co.nz
  86. Raysie

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Absolute machine on the field, and probably the same off it too. I'm a big fan though. Aggressive and runs a good line.
  87. Raysie

News Taaffe prepared for Bulldogs No. 1 battle

Could go either way. On one hand I really rate Taaffe and see him as an Edwards style Fullback, but with far better ball skills. On the other hand, Crichton is now an elite Centre and Winger with the ability to go another level at Fullback. Weirdly I could see him being a good captain for the...
  88. Raysie

Tigers want a new stadium in Liverpool

Liverpool makes way more sense for us. We have the land and it's a more suitable location than Homebush or Parra. Tigers have Campbelltown Stadium which I'd argue is a better location anyway. Put the money towards making Campbelltown better.
  89. Raysie

What the hell is this thing???

Looks like some over-the-top solar powered speed camera or something.
  90. Raysie

News League enforcer Sean Keppie granted permission to leave

I used to watch him play in my younger bro's comp (Group 6) when he was 10-15 years old. Was the best player in the grade. It just shows how high the standard of the NRL is, as it's fair to say he's a fringe first grader at best. I'd take him if it was minimum wage.
  91. Raysie

SMH Alex Twal

We've had worse props to be fair.
  92. Raysie

Let’s decide; what’s the worst car ever made?

LOL poor old AU Falcon. Those base models weren't pretty, but Ford got the thinking right in my opinion with the XR6/XR8/TS50. Like the below is hot as fuck:
  93. Raysie

2023 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Warriors will be better for the loss. Their run into the finals has been against some pretty average sides, and without SJ against Penrith and Penrith... it was never gonna happen. They'll now get the home game next week and I expect to see a very different performance.
  94. Raysie

2023 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Most people give Warriors no chance at Penrith anyway, so it may work out for the better saving him for Week 2 of the finals for their home game.
  95. Raysie

News End of season review, Bulldogs

Pretty nuts looking back at that 66-0 loss. At that stage the Knights were 1 spot above us on the ladder and they've since gone on to win every game since. Meanwhile we went the other way and allowed every team to score 30+ against us afterward. Just shows that every game matters in the end...
  96. Raysie

Flanagone....

I really wanted him to work out, but in the end just didn't have what it took. If you line him up physically against a Nathan Cleary, they're almost the same or Flanagan even better... but it shows that Rugby League still requires more than the physical. End of the day, you need the actual...