Search results

1. JayBee

Suggestion for Mods

Everyone knows that on game day - this place becomes an absolute shit show. Particularly after a loss, it's pretty evident that some of you watched the game on a red cordial high, and the frustration shows. I have been of the opinion for a while now that there needs to be a 12 hour lockout from...
  2. JayBee

Magic Round Question

This will be the 4th instalment of MR, and all 4 we have been posted as the “home team”. Does anyone know if we get any additional benefit for it? Considering we lose a home game (4 years straight now) - there would have to be a financial benefit for us (and other teams bar the Groncos) for...
  3. JayBee

Reed Mahoney

FMD This bloke. Greatest attribute are those eyes. So blue and dreamy AF. I get lost in them so easy. Legit, if I caught him in bed with my missus, I’d probably tuck him in after he’s done. Side bar - he’s also a decent player. Really showed what we’ve been missing at 9 since Ennis. Controls...
  4. JayBee

Rumour TPJ

Rumoured to be released early to join the Roosters. Source: Chook pen
  5. JayBee

Dogs went after Fifita according to Tallis

Albeit, after his first stint with the Broncos. Before signing with the Tits, we were in conversations. And apparently - we offered the most: Tallis: “The deal that Brisbane offered him, the first time he (Fifita) went to the Titans, I think the Dogs offered him the most money. This is what I...
  6. JayBee

It's absolutely criminal...

The way that Andrew Ryans GF-tackle is completely lost into oblivion without recognition. Don't get me wrong - Sattlers tackle in the 2003 Grand Final was amazing to watch live - scores tied up, mid-way through the second half, a lock chasing down a winger... amzing. Now let's look at Ryan's...
  7. JayBee

The theoretical "Bring XXX home"

If you had the opportunity to bring back a current NRL/ESL/RU player who has previously donned the blue and white... who would you bring? Don't look at it purely from a "we need someone for this position" perspective. Perhaps it may be nostalgia, or something else that draws you to such a...
  8. JayBee

James Tedesco branded racist

9. JayBee

Round 1 -2022 opponents

Apparently we play the Pamfers? Anyone else seeing this rumour floating around? Or have confirmation of it?
  10. JayBee

Abdo finally gets a run on the board

Bernie Sutton was going to be involved in a coaching capacity for QLD. Abdo called him - told him if he is going to remain in that role, then his brother will be axed as ref for game II. Solid stuff. Finally, can say something good about our CEO.
  11. JayBee

Brett Finch - Bloke in a Bar podcast - Admits to salary cap cheating

Gents Did any of you get a load of the Finchy podcast with Denan Kemp? Was a pretty good listen. Great insight into someone who lived and breathed league for 3 decades. He played the villain to our beloved Bulldogs for a few years there but gee - he was unbelievably earnest. A couple of things...
  12. JayBee

It's only a matter of time before *THIS* movie gets remade

Hi all Something that I have always wanted to know - what movies do you hold sacred that it would kill you to be remade? For me - Home Alone. Classic. Original. No ulterior motive. Just a funny movie, with 2 amazing OTT villains (Pesci is an absolute gem of an actor). Goes well with a cheese...
  13. JayBee

The foods you hate

Not sure if there is already on a thread on this but.. thought I would open it up for discussion. What foods do you hate? As in absolutely detest? I am generally not fussy with food. With some exceptions. Rockmelon Honeydew These two absolutely turn me off life. If I am at a party or an...
  14. JayBee

Legends of League Tournament - Consolidated Game Thread - BULLDOGS WON!!

Not sure if there is a thread on this (a quick look said no) Our team for the upcoming Legends of League team. Interestingly enough - the Jamie Feeney is playing for the Barbarians team RESULTS / DRAW Team - Wins/Losses/Games Played - Points (For and Against) POOL A Barbarians - 2W / 0L /...
  15. JayBee

Dale Finucane

5th Grand Final since 2012. And people were happy he was gone, so we could keep Pritchard :tearsofjoy: The ONLY reason I will be cheering on the Storm. Should of never let him go.
  16. JayBee

The Bulldogs and Des Hasler reach a settlement

The Bulldogs and Des Hasler reach a settlement The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have reached an out of court settlement in regard to their case with Des Hasler. Both parties have met in recent weeks to discuss the case and have come to an agreement on a financial settlement. The terms of...
  17. JayBee

Footage of one of our favourite tries

Subjective statement - but I am sure you will all agree when I mention which one. 2005. Doggies are playing the Broncos at ANZ. Kick goes through on last, with Hunt collecting the ball a few yards out from his own line. Grimaldi is first to meet him, steals the ball in a one-on-one - and goes...
  18. JayBee

Hodkinsons one-one-one tackle with Moi Moi

Has anyone got footage of this? Was at the game and it happened right in front of me. Want to see what it was like on TV. Absolute ripper.
  19. JayBee

Hasler names unchanged side

20. JayBee

Best Trilogy out of...

Hi all Just a debate I have been having with my mates. Which is the best trilogy out of.. 1) The Dark Knight 2) Star Wars (IV-VI) 3) Lord of the Rings Now - this isn't the BEST TRILOGY thread.. just which one you enjoyed more of those 3 series.
  21. JayBee

Biggest Sook in the game

Have not done this in a while. Thought I would bring it back up. Your opinion of the biggest sooks in the game
  22. JayBee

The Death Penalty

Yay or nay? Just read an article on Troy Davis, who was convicted of killing an off duty police officer over 20 years ago. And it got me thinking.. Are you for or against it?
  23. JayBee

NRL player Lui charged with assault September 20, 2011 - 9:29AM

NRL player Lui charged with assault September 20, 2011 - 9:29AM .AAP Wests Tigers NRL halfback Robert Lui has again been charged with assaulting his girlfriend, the club says. Burwood police charged Lui following an alleged domestic assault at Strathfield on Monday night, which has left...
  24. JayBee

Potential Five-Eight solution

Hypothetically - if the Sharks DO sign Carney.. I would seriously consider looking at one of their halves (aside from Robson). Surely one of them will look for a contract elsewhere, and I would definitely jump at the opportunity of signing any one of them! They have 3 good young halves in...
  25. JayBee

Top 5 Finals format

Tried googling it but to no avail Anyone have an idea of how it worked?
  26. JayBee

Downloading NRL games

There was a website a few years ago.. For the life of me I cant remmeber the name of it! Anyone know? Pretty desperate for a few games from the past few years..
  27. JayBee

Harry Rednapp Quotes - LMFAOOO

On West Ham striker John Hartson: "John Hartson's got more previous than Jack the Ripper." On West Ham's Ivory Coast striker Samassi Abou: "He don't speak the English too good." And there's more... "The lad [Abou] went home to the Ivory Coast and got a bit of food poisoning. He...
  28. JayBee

Try of the Year

Inspired by Shaun Johnsons' solo try thread.. Behold! We have a few contenders. Most have come in recent weeks, so lets start off with: Ben Barba V Parramatta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFz5YGmlghs Phil Grahams V Manly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9m_IUH-Ndg Shaun Johnson V Broncos...
  29. JayBee

Corresponding game in 2009

Dont worry about the betting allegations of 2010. Look in 2009. That round (Round 16) had the Dragons away to the Tigers at the SFS and the Dogs at home to the NQ Cowboys. Pretty significant match. Both games Ended Morris First try scorer with their respective team 1-12 Hopefully its...
  30. JayBee

Choose Night Football - 09/08/11

Round 20, 1996 Warriors v Bulldogs After setting up a late try Gene Ngamu had a chance to produce the eighth draw of the year. Neither he or Daryl Halligan had missed a shot at goal that night, but could he cope with the pressure? http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/chooseday-night GET...
  31. JayBee

Put the C(at) next to my name: Thaiday

With Darren Lockyer's NRL career coming to a close, Sam Thaiday has made it clear he believes he is the right man to take over leadership responsibilities at Brisbane Broncos. Speaking on Fox Sports NRL on Fox, Thaiday wasn't shy in expressing his desire to be named captain of Brisbane from...
  32. JayBee

The Socceroos thread

With the lead up to the 2014 WC in Brazil underway, I thought this would be ideal.
  33. JayBee

Ennis on Fox Sports

Ennis on: - Labelled biggest grub - Players poll - Rookie of the year - Our win V Parra - Josh Morris - Up coming game against the Roosters - His injury...
  34. JayBee

Favourite Bulldogs Moment

Being heavily bored at work - And CBB using the search function (Not even sure if there is a thread).. What is your favourite Bulldogs play or moment? E.g. - Grimaldis strip on ***** for a try, Pattens length of the field try V Manly whilst O Meley is copping 6 punches from a Sea Eagles prop...
  35. JayBee

Simon Dwyer to retire

Reported on MMM he will be retiring. Apparently straight from the horses mouth. Its been a month and he still has no feeling in his arm. Tragic
  36. JayBee

NRL may abandon Foxtel

NRL club bosses meet tomorrow in Sydney, unanimous they must be rewarded at the next broadcasting contract for the high ratings and subscriptions their games generate, even if it means abandoning Foxtel. While clubs are optimistic competition among the free-to-air networks will deliver the...
  37. JayBee

Someone should tell the Bulldogs website runners..

That our coach isnt K. Moore anymore. Click on "team" on the homepage V Eels. Or just click here.. http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=team Poor form
  38. JayBee

Dymock looking to shake up team line up

Canterbury caretaker coach Jim Dymock says he'll look to shake things up when he names his NRL side to face Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Friday night. Thrust into the head coaching role the day before the Bulldogs went down to the Warriors in Auckland last Friday night, Dymock said he was...
  39. JayBee

Idris not charged

Make what you will. Was actually hoping to see Lafai in the squad.
  40. JayBee

Ennis: the devil is only in his guise

Ennis: the devil is only in his guise July 2, 2011 Michael Ennis's on-field reputation shouldn't precede him off it, writes Richard Hinds HOW do you tell Michael Ennis that you have not sat him down in the lobby of the NSW team hotel to put him on trial like those judges in cyberspace...
  41. JayBee

'Dogs confident Halatau can help grab win

'Dogs confident Halatau can help grab win Russell Jackson and Steve Jancetic July 1, 2011 - 5:29PM AAP Canterbury NRL coach Kevin Moore has backed Dene Halatau to finally deliver something the Bulldogs have yet to achieve in 2011 - win a game without Michael Ennis. The blue and whites...
  42. JayBee

"You know what I mean?" - Jamal Idris

For the love of God - can someone get Jamal Idris a dictionary or something? He deadset uses that line about 10 times an interview. /endrant
  43. JayBee

A change to the Easter Calendar (Thursday night footy?)

Seeing as how we have a prolonged break at this time of year, why not have a game on the Thursday night as well. The AFL do it to great affect. The next day is a public holiday. The only thing you would have to manage is team turn around (e.g. have a team that played on friday/saturday the week...
  44. JayBee

Mortal Kombat - Legacy - New Webisodes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA Pretty sick start to a series with a lot of potential. If your an MK fan - I would definitely be watching these weekly. They stem from the Mortal Kombat Rebirth concept video.
  45. JayBee

The Kennels most over hyped player

Encouraged by the thread on the Doggies signing Roy Asotasi's younger brother - Was just wondering - who would be the Kennels most over hyped player? IE - the player everyone wanted in FG but was a dud. This would be going back a few years now (before many of you had even joined), so its a...
  46. JayBee

Greatest Australian football player

Having a huge debate with some cousins about this We're pretty major football nuts. Some of the older boys have been following it religiously since the 80's and more have come along since. The big argument comes over this particular question. Half say Kewell the other half say Cahill...
  47. JayBee

NRL rejects Inglis' deal

NRL blocks Greg Inglis-South Sydney deal, Rabbitohs say they're disappointed, star remains in league limbo AAP December 18, 2010 1:51PM Greg Inglis's future in the NRL remains up in the air after the NRL blocked his proposed move to South Sydney on Saturday. The NRL advised the...
  48. JayBee

Our starting Five-Eight next year?

I just want everyone's opinion on this - and for those who pick Keating - I want it justified. Im a "Roberts" man all the way. What he offers to our right side attack in Morris and Goodwin was something we lacked for almost half the season. Have a look at what he did in the game against the...
  49. JayBee

St Helens V Wigan decider

I get the feeling that most people are behind Wigan. St Helens are like the Roosters of the early naughties. A **** load of GFs but few to show for. Ill be backing Wigan.
  50. JayBee

NSW Cup Bulldogs v Sharks - Finals Week 1

30-18 - Doggies with the win Had to do it the hard way though. Shoulda been 12-0 up until Jack was over the line but tried to get closer to the sticks and his feet were taken into touch by an attempted tackle. However- still went to the break with a 12- 6 advantage. Good go forward by...
  51. JayBee

General so concussed he thought Lamb played with him

CANTERBURY fullback Luke Patten was so concussed after pulling off a match-saving tackle with his head that he asked Terry Lamb if the long-retired Bulldogs great had played alongside him in the narrow win against Melbourne last night. The Dogs kept their season alive by edging out the Storm at...
  52. JayBee

Foster - Gone for season

Meanwhile, Jake Foster, who made his debut for the Dogs against Penrith in round 11, was ruled out for the rest of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery yesterday. Foster was named to start against Melbourne but dislocated his shoulder on match eve.
  53. JayBee

Michael Ballack to MISS WC 2010

Germany captain Michael Ballack has been forced out of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa with an ankle injury that will sideline him for two months. Chelsea midfielder Ballack has been told he will play no part in the June 11-July 11 finals after a scan revealed the severity of an ankle...
  54. JayBee

Aaron Groom - retired?

Can someone confirm. Looked on the Sheffield website - He is still listed BUT - he has not appeared in there last few games. I heard a rumour he is back in AUS and retired from league.
  55. JayBee

NRL Judiciary Inconsistency 101

Is anyone else really pissed off with them? Luke Bailey escapes a charge for an attempted trip for lashing out with his leg. Now have a read of this. Now rewind 2005. Dragons V Roosters Anzac match. Wes Naiqama chasing down a player in there in goal - as the player gets around him, he...
  56. JayBee

Hooker of the Decade

Same drill Pick one
  57. JayBee

Bench of the Decade

Those who fell short were considered for this bunch. For the sake of others - Ill add a few who some felt should of been in there. Multiple votes are accepted *Can a mod please add multiple voting*
  58. JayBee

Relative merits power Bulldogs revival

Relative merits power Bulldogs revival March 6, 2010 Coach Kevin Moore, son of 'Bullfrog' Moore, knows the value of being a family club, writes Greg Prichard. After taking over as Bulldogs coach before the start of last season, Kevin Moore laid down the law to his players. ''I said...
  59. JayBee

Lock of the decade

Same as the previous polls. Only one choice this time. Also - im going to compile a list of the ones that just missed out on team selection for the bench. Expect that poll sometime over the weekend.
  60. JayBee

2nd Rowers of the Decade

Same deal with Props. You can vote multiple - but no more than two please. There will be a separate poll for Loose forward.
  61. JayBee

Props of the Decade

Same as the centers. Multiple voting is allowed but please no more than 2
  62. JayBee

Halfback of the Decade

You know the drill.
  63. JayBee

Five Eight of the Decade

Pretty simple again guys. I think Lockyer will have this in the bag but for formalities - ill put it up
  64. JayBee

Centers of the Decade

You know the drill by now.
  65. JayBee

Wingers of the Decade

Same as the Fullback threads. You have choices here so you can name more than 1 (No more than 2 please)
  66. JayBee

Team of the Noughties - Fullback

In a lead up to round 1 - thought i would start a Team of the Noughties poll to bring out our best 13 from 2000-2009. Starting with Fullbacks. Poll will be up every 2 days. Starting with fullback. Options: Anthony Minichello Billy Slater Rhys Wesser Brett Hodgson Brett Stewart
  67. JayBee

Dogs teams' to face Dragons

NRL 1 LUKE PATTEN 2 STEVE TURNER 3 JOSH MORRIS 4 JAMAL IDRIS 5 BRYSON GOODWIN 6 BEN ROBERTS 7 BRETT KIMMORLEY 8 BEN HANNANT 9 MICHAEL ENNIS 10 MICHAEL HODGSON 11 DENE HALATAU 12 ANDREW RYAN 13 DAVID STAGG Interchange: 14 MICKEY PAEA 15 GARY WARBURTON 16 BEN BARBA 17 YILEEN GORDON 19 COREY...
  68. JayBee

Best Will Ferrell Movie

Ok - I was having this debate with some friends the other day. Which one takes the prize? Im deciding between Step Brothers and Anchorman - probably JUST leaning towards Anchorman. Your thoughts?
  69. JayBee

World Cup 2010 to be shown in 3D (LOL AMERICANS)

source: http://gizmodo.com/5418222/sony-to-film-2010-world-cup-in-3d-for-futbol+loving-countries-only
  70. JayBee

Chooesday night football (Against the Raiders again)

Ok guys the time has come. Fox sports are actually airing a game i have been wanting to watch for a while now. Bulldogs V Northern Eagles - 2001. The other games are Raiders v Knights - 1998 And Broncos V Rabbitohs - 2004 Get voting guys! This is a must watch match...
  71. JayBee

Favourite Bulldogs Try

Ok its hard to pinpoint ONE - but if you can - tell us which is your favourite Bulldogs try and why? Mine would have to be Patten V Rabbitohs in 2006. Down by 6 and Rabbitohs had about 3-4 sets on our line - Patten takes a Sutton grubber on the fly and races 100 meters to score. Not like us...
  72. JayBee

LMFAO @ Dell

I thought it was hilarious
  73. JayBee

Tigers sign Fulton & Fitzhenry

Source: League HQ Fulton will probably start but Fitzhenry? Does anyone else here think he was useless?
  74. JayBee

List of Off Contract players for 2010

*Broncos* Joel Clinton PJ Marsh Ashton Sims Gerard Beale Josh Hoffman Ben Hunt Andrew McCullough Josh McGuire Will Tupou Jharal Yow Yeh *Bulldogs* Ben Barba Yileen Gorden Jarrad Hickey Michael Hodgson Brett Kimmorley Lee Te Maari David Stagg Tim Winitana *Raiders* Glen Buttriss Marc...
  75. JayBee

Greatest super mario skit ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT5F6LcwNEw LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MA rated for swearing.
  76. JayBee

Whats the difference between the Dragons...

And viagra? Viagra gets you passed a semi :)
  77. JayBee

Slight re-vamp to Super League's finals system

Check this out The ESL are using the AFL system for the finals (1v4, 2v 3 etc). However a slight change. The highest rank winner who progresses straight to the preliminary, doesnt only have the home ground advantage, but they also get to CHOOSE who they want to verse pending winners in the...
  78. JayBee

No matter what - Remember where we came from

This whole final series, this smile has not evaded me. We have rode this huge wave of emotion leading to this spot here. And I have come to realize something - that no matter what, come after the final siren on Friday night - im going to be the proudest I ever have been for my club. Last year...
  79. JayBee

Old school gaming mascots

Who was your favorite?
  80. JayBee

Issue RE transport + tickets

if we bought tickets from ticketek - does that include free city rail transport too? I know generally with SOO it does but what about finals?
  81. JayBee

Roberts & Idris

Hooked or injured?
  82. JayBee

Dogs fans cheer Willie Mason after Monday night win over Roosters

By Christian Nicolussi August 25, 2009 In a post-match scene not imaginable just 18 months ago, Bulldogs fans gave Willie Mason a standing ovation on Monday night. The giant forward, who famously walked out on the Bulldogs for the Roosters at the end of 2007, had become public enemy...
  83. JayBee

Eric Grothe Jnr's Tattoo

Remember the one that went from arm to arm? Did he get rid of it? I remember heaps of players giving it too him about it and its meaning. I dont recall seeing it anymore. Did he get it removed?
  84. JayBee

Help Re: TV (for you tech heads)

Finally upgrading the Tv in my room and i have narrowed my choice down to 3 possibilities: Samsung 32 " 6 series Sony 32 " w series Panasonic 32" G series All are full HD an 100 hz. The samsung has the usb 2.0 functionality for videoing, but i can get around that with the sony and the...
  85. JayBee

Leon Bott tackle puts former Prime Ministers grandson in hospital

FORMER prime minister Bob Hawke has rushed to visit his severely injured grandson, who lost his spleen after a vicious rugby tackle made last weekend. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Mr Hawke saw 26-year-old David Dillon at Prince of Wales Hospital on Wednesday, the day after his emergency...
  86. JayBee

Old school gaming

Out of a sheer brain snap, i purchased a Sega Mega drive off ebay a few weeks ago. Have now got a collection of 9 games and am truly reliving some childhood memories. Aladdin, Alexx Kidd, Altered Beast, Wonder boy.. You gotta these older games.
  87. JayBee

Chance to watch Dogs V Cowboys 2002 - "Chooseday"

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25886897-23214,00.html Vote for it here. To fill the void of Tuesdays with no footy (for people with foxtel/optus), they are doing a fan favoured game of choice. Next tuesday, pending winner of the poll, we can see that match played. For those...
  88. JayBee

Millard ---> Bradford?

Someone care to confirm?
  89. JayBee

Youtube Freestyle and MC Battles

Anyone watch them?
  90. JayBee

Packs V Backs

On the footy show soon Hodgo V Patten
  91. JayBee

Who would win in a fight; Goku or Superman?

Discuss. There is a huge debate with nerds across the world with this topic.
  92. JayBee

Framing jerseys?

Anyone no of a good place? Mates got me one for me 21st signed by the 09 team.
  93. JayBee

Spotal: Preview

VENUE & TIME: Bluetongue Stadium, Saturday May 23, 7.35pm (AEST). COVERAGE: Fox Sports 2 LAST TIME: Storm 46 - Bulldogs 0 at Olympic Park, Round 12, 2008. WALKING WOUNDED: The Bulldogs go into this match virtually unchanged from last week, with centre Josh Morris (broken foot) the only...
  94. JayBee

AUS Team for Anzac clash *opinions*

I have been going over the team to be playing the kiwis next week - and tbh - on form - i think we will see a team where 1-10 are all QLD'ers. And why not... 3 SOO's in a row. 01. Slater 02. Folau 03. Hodges 04. Inglis 05. Boyd 06. Lockyer 07. Thurstan 08. Price 09. Smith 10...
  95. JayBee

David Simmons

Nuff said
  96. JayBee

Don Cheadle to replace Terrence Howard in Iron Man Sequel

Confirmed IMDB
  97. JayBee

Golden Boot?

Slater for mine. No one has really come close me thinks..
  98. JayBee

Best of 3 series

Whats your opinion of it for the Grand Final? Ricky Stuart brought it up after having a cry of losing 2 consecutive Grand Finals at the Roosters. I brushed it off thinking he was just a sore loser. But on a serious note - would it be a good idea? Or are there enough games as it is?
  99. JayBee

Movie "Reboot" thread

Basically a thread about movies that you would like to "reboot" or Reboots that you thought were shocking compared to the originals. Ill start off by throwing 2 obvious ones out there: 1) Mortal Kombat series 2) Street Fighter
  100. JayBee

Why I could never hate Ben Harris...

Was going through some old photos and found this. Gun! ahahaha