Search results

1. B

Back 5

Great back 5 in terms of strike power, speed and finishing. Yes we could have a better fullback (Barba for example) but the 2 wingers are both quick, one is a meter eater one has a good read in defence and is a rocket. And our centre are both young and still not close to the top of their game...
  2. B

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Sounds like the player they need is show and go hutch.
  3. B

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Looks like our future is looking ok. Having this kid, Woods, oluapu. Also throw in Burton. One will definitely need to play lock if they are all as good as the hype suggests. Then we have Hutch too :p haha. Went from no halves to an abundance.
  4. B

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Probably need to make back some money for all the flights to Vegas :p few more of these 1000 and 1500 dollar fines and should be breaking even :p
  5. B

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Has anyone ever been cited for niggling? Why did he get charged? Was it for the push? I dont even know why he got sin binned? was it to even it out? The way I saw it Knights were niggling because they couldnt fathom the loss, running in niggling. Did mahoney get under their skin most likely...
  6. B

Cold sweats? Haha.
  7. B

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

According to numorology we win or finish with the spoon hahah :p Im leaning towards winning will be way more fun 8-)
  8. B

Team after the bye

This. Unless Poasa is fit and back in the mix he may get a bench spot too. But with Mann and Preston back they slot in and I dont think too many disruptions outside of that unless necessary changes.
  9. B

More importantly he scored a try that wouldnt have been scored if show and go hutch was on. Passed it to Tracey then the back up and offload to Critta. Id throw him in. Hutch gets no ball out to the right.
  10. B

Sexton isn’t a week in week out halfback. show and go Hutchinson is also not NRL standards. But I’m not sure if people realise why he is in the team? Burton isn’t a talker. He doesn’t steer us around the park. Doesn’t set up plays or calls for the ball. Hutchinson does this. But his own ball...
  11. B

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

But wait. Isn’t Ciraldo shit and the “assistant” and Gould has no idea? That was the talk after the Parra and sharks games. Hell that was the talk even after our trials :p Or are we trusting the process. Isn’t Gus shit because he doesn’t sign AFB or Haas or JFH or May or anyone else? Or is it...
  12. B

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

They have bigger things at hand.
  13. B

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Why isnt he gone yet. Throw in Sutton to sweeten the deal........
  14. B

No Source Trey Mooney

His yardage is ridiculous in Cup. Like 190m a game or something unreal. Yes big step up to NRL. Gus always says what ever the stats are in Cup they are halved in NRL. But young kid so you think he will get better over the next 5 years. Would have to be on par with Spenny at the same age no...
  15. B

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

That team would push a few teams for a top 8 finish. Epsecially with a firing Korisau. To be fair very few have left and kicked on to a greater height though. We are only seeing the best of Kiks the last few games. Capewell, Staines, Burton never stood up once out of the system.
  16. B

Youd love a Haas, AFB, JFH or a Utoikamanu, but like you said we cant pay 1.3 million for one of them. Especially with no top 5 fullback, halfback or 5/8 in the squad. Cap is all a balancing act. Its what castle struggled with the most, she just couldnt get her head around it. But I have faith...
  17. B

Depends if he can get $850+ elsewhere and only $450k at panthers. Youd love success but you arent in the game long enough to pass up big money. Look at Luai. Wouldnt it be funny if Tigers miss the 8 and it comes down to Madge either selecting him in the last 2 games to trigger his clause haha...
  18. B

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

I think it might be a audition to see what he can create. If he cains it he might get a go in the halves. But thats more wishful thinking then anything :p
  19. B

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

I think Penrtih are smart. Probably have a few younger firebrands coming through. He has only appeared in a handful of games this year. His mins arent great (yes it is the first few rounds of the comp and must be coming off a injury. They locked him up for mega bucks. If he leaves without any...
  20. B

Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

I always liked the idea of 2 different conferences. Because all the block buster games are normally sydney teams vs each other or queensland teams vs each other. But imagine having to play Roosters, Panthers, Cronulla, Parra, Souths twice who are generally fairly strong. Then miss out on some...
  21. B

Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

Will always be unfair until it’s a full home and away draw. Even nba is the same. Will never be an equal comp without playing even team twice.
  22. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Hopefully Critta can settle on 1 position be it left or right. Id have him left even though the Xerri Jac Kikau combo has been good lately. He's played left with Jac, Left with Tracey. Fullback for half a game. Right with Kiraz, and also had to slot in there when Jac got injured in round 1...
  23. B

Harrison Edwards on the move?

I dont actually mind the kid. Great footwork, bit of speed, hard carries. He just needs a bit more to develop. And we look better with Xerri at centre and Kiraz on the Wing. Im sure he will get another chance once he recovers. Im sure our back 5 will have a few changed before the season is out...
  24. B

Opinion Nathan brown

10000% we are 3-4 years away from being a force again unless something catastrophic happens (like bringing in a Des Hasler or something :p haha)
  25. B

Harrison Edwards on the move?

Was one of the kennels favourite wank fest player. Seems to have been taken over by Wilson now :p lol. For a middle he never dominated hit ups, and always passed before the hit. Not a bad player (id rather him then Knight even though stats wise they are pretty similar) but if true and we are...
  26. B

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Critta at the moment does make origin, and its not because of team results, he is obviously hampered. Apparent quad injury for a large part of the preseason, a few times has had a bung ankle or lower leg during games. And I think it was against melbourne tried to chase someone down and he wasnt...
  27. B

Opinion Nathan brown

If we didnt get him 2 years ago when he was actually not too bad no way we get him 3 years later.
  28. B

Cameron Ciraldo

Honestly. I think the way Taaffe plays would suit the 7 a bit better. Especially replacing Hutch. He is a proven first grader more so then sexton. Hutch is a benchie who can cover multiple position but will master none. But I do like taaffe. He has good hands as a ball distributor. Has enough...
  29. B

Cameron Ciraldo

Thanks my man. You are one of a handful of the good ones on here too. Never attacking people and never death riding anyone. Like I always say. If not Gus then who. People want him sacked. But who takes over? If there is a better option willing to take it on I’m all for it, but at the moment...
  30. B

Cameron Ciraldo

The fact that he played Tracey at fullback after naming him on the wing and critta went to centre I respect that. He has our goal line defence as good as most teams in the comp. Dropping hutch for sexton is much muchness. Let’s not forget sexton only had 1 game at the titans last year. People...
  31. B

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Hey I said it too :p He is the most natural and best fullback we have. Shame he played against the storm. Every one of their kicks was virtually pinpoint. If he played there last week after walker went off he would have made some serious kick return meters. Barley got any space tonight. But...
  32. B

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Was a bad decision to lot him go. I always rated him just had rotten luck with injuries. Not a top 50 player, but has that mongrel and aggression our pack has lacked since graham, Kasiano and pritchard. Yes he is a lunatic and treads a fine line with suspesnion, but has speed and can dominate...
  33. B

Opinion Skelton

I wonder if game day Tracey and kikau are ruled out if we can bring in a like for like replacement. But it’s a serious smoke screen. To go to that length to cut a player then he plays.
  34. B

How Good..

Imagine Skelator saying give me one more year. I think we can win it. And the Souths board saying nah we good we got demitreiou :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: then they get rid of the clubs highest point scorer and captain…. Few dumb choices have them back where they deserve to be. Bottom...
  35. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

I swear I heard on the radio Tuesday afternoon he was ruled out. But I get why Ciro names the incumbent as a smoke screen. king, Tracey, Mann and I forgot the other one. They also called Hayward would debut. This was hours before team lists named.
  36. B

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

Sack Gus. Bring in Flanagan or Bennett or any other high price premiership winning coach :p Rebuilding a club with juniors and not 1.2 million dollar marquee signings is silly :p
  37. B

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

Kid plays with heart. Reminds me like a mixture of David Stagg and Greg Eastwood. Easily the best 13 we have and poor bloke is playing more prop then 13 with our lack of big boppers.
  38. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

How bad is it when he stands in the line and throws some shocking passes :p Dummy half is his spot. No need to complicate it :p
  39. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

I wouldnt be surprised if the chat is like, hey latrell you are suspended what do you think you need to work on to avoid it happening again. And he is like I need to go to my farm. And they are like yeh sure sounds good, see you next month. Dont forget what day we playing and try to get to the...
  40. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Not sure if his suffering mentally or what. But the last 3 games he has been doing his all to get suspended it seems. Stepping on Tedesco, high hit on JAC and then the tackle on the warriors prop and the elbow on SJ. Like one brain snap per year is excusable, in game pressure, trying too hard...
  41. B

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

I’d say panthers get more penalties than us too to “even” out the count. It’s probably not uncommon for us to lose the count 2-9.
  42. B

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

A bit off topic. So apparently we have given away the second most penalties. Does anyone know how many we received? Dom was definitely a send off. The way he ran up with a swinging arm. He was always out to hurt Taaffe. Fair enough the impact was higher than intended. But he wasn’t just trying...
  43. B

News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

Xerri would struggle with kicks worse than Taaffe. He doesn’t even like playing wing for that reason. Shame Ciro didn’t throw Tracey to fullback. But I guess he played the whole second half with a calf strain so that wouldn’t have helped. Would love to know Ciraldos thinking with his...
  44. B

This will make you feel better

Yeh, sexton is much muchness. Shame we dont have a game controlling, long kick half. A 32 year old Kimmorley or Ricky Stuart would be perfect right about now. Even a 32 year old James Maloney.
  45. B

Hopefully Hutchinson starts passing the ball when we are 5 out with a 3 on 1 overlap :p haha If the flange was the master of the inside ball this guy is the master of stopping and stepping back into a defender :tongueclosed:
  46. B

Official Finally Truth!

If its the Telegraph its agenda driven.
  47. B

So all the doom and gloom here lately. I know its only a small sample size but I think we are 9th in attack and 10th in defence and sit 13 (with possibly 1-2 more wins could have gone our way with a bounce of the ball or a few better calls/injuries). Yes all this coulda woulda shoulda...
  48. B

Opinion Skelton

Exactly. Anyways any potential flaws in his ”defence” are far outweighed by his ball carries, try’s and try assists. Also Wilson is far from a perfect player. Drops a lot of easy ball, has gone out in potential try shoring situations a few times. Yes Wilson is a kid who plays with heart. But if...
  49. B

Official Gus on Twitter

You can’t sling them to the ground, you can’t use your body weight to drag them down. You can’t hit them high. You can’t hit them low. I just saw a thing on Facebook of the modern dogs of war pack, asotasi, mason, omeley, sonny, Reni etc. smashing the dragons for 80 mins. Most of those tackles...
  50. B

Opinion Injury replacements

Probably our strongest 17. Slot in Preston, Mann, suluka fafita and on paper we aren’t that bad. I’m sure if we ever get our full compliment on the part we will win as many as we lose. Even Sutton is an upgrade on Knight.
  51. B

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

I always thought NAS was a monster. Thought he was a 150m 35 tackle prop. But it was Bromwich in his prime playing behind Cronk and smith that was that player not NAS. I guess watching him live compared to what he actually did was vastly different. Quality prop, not sure on his health and...
  52. B

Opinion Our forwards

Would be good with a few more available talent. I know some of the forwards are back around round 10-12 not sure how fit they will be. But we should have enough week in week out not to lose the arm wrestle often. Hopefully Mann isn’t out long. Last thing we need is more middles going down.
  53. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Hopefully the kennel realises some things after tonight. Burton is the best half we have. We missed his kicking game when he played centre. Roosters got back into the game with sexton and hutchs boot. Also crittas kick offs…… no thank you. Critta’s defence and positional play at fullback isn’t...
  54. B

Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

Looked like it was personal. But also he seemed agitated after Teddys HIA. Almost like he wanted to take someone’s head off.
  55. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Has been the shining light in NSW cup for us this year. Seems way too good for 2nd grade. Big step up for the kid but hope he goes well and gets through the game healthy. A win will be the cherry to top it off. But with a few forwards back in the next 1-2 months we should start seeing some...
  56. B

I think he is bog average. Only seen as a saviour because the current half is a ulitity. Hutch played I think 3-4 games at centre, 9 games off the bench and another 4 as halfback last year. Sexton spent most of the year in reserves until arriving at the dogs. Sexton is better then Hutch but both...
  57. B

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

One article makes a shit storm. Hopefully the boys use the publicity and play for their coach. But what is a very difficult game gets worse with the injuries.
  58. B

News Las Vegas 2025 - Yeah baby !!!

Apparently all teams that went had a bad 3 rounds after? Not sure don’t follow other teams that closely. But yeh. Apparently their round 2, 3, 4 performances were up and down (I guess much like the rest of the comp).
  59. B

Id have rathered a bigger body hit up type prop but I guess we went the ball playing middle. Fingers crossed he has a big game and no errors. Roosters are a ruthless team, doubt its close if we played like we did against souths with penalties and drop balls.
  60. B

News Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau says Bulldogs won’t be the club to milk obstruction penalties

Even got pinned for one that was obstructed by the ref and not us :p lol
  61. B

Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

Didnt someone on here say he had bad mushrooms and got fried? :p lol We need hard first grade standard forwards, not sure if he fits into the mould. Connor Watson would have been decent, hes done some good things this year. Would have been better then Hutch.
  62. B

News Cowboys weapon Jason Taumalolo axed as Captain

Did we end up getting dispensation for Jackson? Or was it because he retired not medically he wasnt removed from the cap? I remember there was a hooha about it because he ended up on the staff. But maybe its one rule for some one for the others type of thing.
  63. B

Radio reporting Kautoga and Wilson in for Fox and Preston. No mention about who comes in for Morrin but most probably Paosa or someone right? Another middle?
  64. B

News MR SIX PER CENT! BULLDOGS ONLY WIN ONE FROM 15 GAMES UNDER SUTTON

Was nice to shine some light on it. Interesting factual article. I wonder what buzz will come up with to revoke it. Maybe Gus sacked RFM and Topine and that’s why they have lost so much under him. Or our wrestling seasons or lack of drones :p
  65. B

Probable team to face the Roosters in Round 5

Agree. Because Taaffe backs up well he doesn’t remain our first choice fullback automatically. He had 20 carries for 110 or 120m that has to be the bottom of the table in terms of running meters out of all the fullbacks. Tracey on the other hand runs more direct. Doesn’t dance when the line is...
  66. B

That’s the way I would have it too. Taaffe does have something about him. But he just isn’t a fullback. But I agree with you that is huge changes and I doubt Ciro does it. Especially after 4 weeks. Shame because we would be a lot better with those changes.
  67. B

Ciro won’t make wholesale changes. Freakzilla is pretty spot on with the team. Only injuries and suspension will be the replacements. We have had a hard start to the year but this will be our biggest test. Hopefully we can keep it respectable. Won’t be easy with 2 key outs, and lack of dominant...
  68. B

Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

Can’t make an example of him because it surely is discrimination hey?
  69. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

Not to have a go. But you know he took 22 runs or what ever for 110 meters. I’ll agree he is a solid player. But he isn’t a fullback. Maybe a half or 5/8. But he stifles our sets with poor kick returns. Seems to do a little dance before the line then slips over. I sound like a broken record...
  70. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

Took you 4 rounds to figure it out? I knew the second half of the sharks trial :p
  71. B

Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

Not sure how he even escaped any commentary team talking about that stomp. Was beyond me. You’d feel shit if you are the fox. Supposedly one of your brother knocks you out. Did it to manu. Not sure who else he clothed lined. But has history if things aren’t going his way he takes the cheap shot...
  72. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

Link man, support play and Johnny on the Spot sounds more like attributes you’d want from a half. With the way the game is with 6 against last thing you need is a fullback that can’t take contested kicks. Drops the first kick cold in round 2. Don’t think he caught one in belmore. To the point...
  73. B

The Terrors of Team List Tuesday

It will never happen but it should. We would look way better with a Fullback who isn’t afraid of bombs or contested kicks.
  74. B

Social Media Josh Curran

How good was it when he stood over Tina after she stayed down :p haven’t seen that passion and aggression probably since James Graham sadly. If only TPJ or Sherex had what he has.
  75. B

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

For dogs to be at their strongest I truly believe we would need Fox, Critta, Xerri, Kiraz and Tracey in the back 5. Only way I can see them fitting in is Kiraz on the wing and Tracey at 1. Xerri should be knocking the door down by round 10 if he works on his game every week.
  76. B

Bulldogs Commit to Three More Years of Tackling Sports Betting Advertising

Isnt Gus a big punter :p lol I guess its a good stance for the club, as long as the sponsorship pays something right? But yeh I wouldnt be offended if we had a gambling partner. It was more offensive when Castles sacked the cheerleaders or made them dress up more :p Aint nobody got time for that.
  77. B

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

I reckon a bit more serious then has been reported on by the club. Foxx trying to come back as soon as possible being the competitor he is. But the club playing it safe (also not revealing anything about it). I’d rather he has another week or 2 off then rushing him back and he is 60% like last...
  78. B

Google taking the piss here LOL

Looks more like the deleted players from Jobels wall :p
  79. B

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

Well said Billy. Shame the priority is which is the next team to go to Vegas instead of fixing our officiating, video calls and rules like you highlight.
  80. B

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

We lost the penalty count 9-3 or something yesterday (maybe it was 7-3 :p not sure). Souths will never get screwed over. Latrell stepped and kneed Tedesco. He got sinbinned for pushing him :p If we win it’s because we turned up and they didn’t. So fingers crossed we win.
  81. B

Bulldogs NRLW Team in 2025

Good on the club and the women for getting good results to put the clubs name up there. Not to sounds like a downer but I don’t really watch NRLW but regardless well done to everyone involved for winning the license. Last I heard it was far from guaranteed we’d get it so good work to the women...
  82. B

Social Media Josh Curran

Plays well above his size and weight. All heart.
  83. B

Kurt Mann is so underrated

I mentioned it recently. Behind Critta he is the second best recruit we go. Shame we didn’t get Conner Watson instead of hutch or Mann. He must be pushing for a starting spot. Not that he is getting no game time off the bench. Really zippy too. Perfect 13 in the modern game.
  84. B

Official Great photo moments from game that matter

Did you hear haslers post match interview :joycat: copy and past after every loss we had. Can’t believe he keeps on getting gigs. Wonder how long until the tittans start to realise the stuffed up.
  85. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

I agree. And I think your are right with cirro. He is a very stick and pick type of player which is good for player confidence. But it’s obvious Conner is the best 1 we have at the club. Safe, speedy, and a meter eater which we need. Everyone blew their load because Taaffe ran for 160m last...
  86. B

Our Forward Pack

I always thought the first 2 games wasn’t a true indication of the contest. So happy we got a better result this time.
  87. B

Opinion Blake Taffee

Been saying it since Tracey was signed. He is the best fullback we have at the club…… Better yardage. More speed. More dangerous coming through the middle. Classier player. Taaffe won’t catch a contested kick. He just can’t do it. I also said if gus and Ciro want him in the 13 then he takes a...
  88. B

Our Forward Pack

I think we have the 7th best defence, which is surprising. If we weren’t gassed the first 2 games we probably keep it a bit tighter and maybe even win the sharks game. But the drop ball and tackles unfortunately has our defence under constant pressure. But you are right. We definitely have...
  89. B

Our Forward Pack

Kikau is running more meters than any other forward we have. We were lucky titans are powderpuffs. King will be best suited off the bench. I feel the first 15 mins takes a lot out of him. I’m sure he’ll still make his 100m and 30 tackles coming on after 20. If we can get to the stage where we...
  90. B

Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Even Cotric signed for 3 years and was released. But that’s probably off the cap now?
  91. B

That’s what I’m thinking too. Took Panthers 5-6 years to start churning them out but now it’s like one leaves and 2 stepping up type of thing. But let’s sack Gus. Pathways…… what’s that :p
  92. B

Good on him. Right move for his career, and if he is injury free his payday will come eventually. Crazy the Panthers production line. Seems anyone they lose the next cab off the rank is as good or better. They lose Stephen Critchon, Mansour, Staine, Laurie and they uncover To'o, Critta (now with...
  93. B

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I don’t even think it’s ref favouritism. It’s just incompetence. No matter if that ball was on his chest. Was a definite second effort. Different story if he slides over. He had a second attempt. Game is at a tremendous level at the moment. But the officiating is lacking unfortunately. Not that...
  94. B

I think the ref needs to ask who hit who in the words of Addo Carr :p
  95. B

How is that a penalty? It’s incidental contact. Like what we copped first take last week.
  96. B

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

Defence hasn’t been costing us game. Dropping the first ball we got in the last 2 games has us on the back foot. Drop balls and fatigue is getting us. We secure the ball defend our hearts out and get some sort of combo in attack and we will get some wins soon. Doubt we trouble any of the top...
  97. B

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Roosters the only team that will sign someone in their prime and move then a year or 2 later if they arent performing. And never have any carrying of salaries or anything from it it seems :p How ever they are run they are doing it better then most others.
  98. B

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

When do you change any of them during a game when not for an injury?
  99. B

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

I’d definitely try him at half if the coach and GM are desperate to find a position for him. Hutch is good enough to be on the bench. Very versatile. But Taaffe would only get decent mins off the bench with a game ending injury or hia to an outside back or half. Can’t see him coming on roaming...
  100. B

News Bulldogs star Karl Oloapu breaks silence on career defining spinal surgery, rehab, Anthony Minichiello’s advice

Broncos really won twofold. Keeping Picachu who is giving them good mins in the nrl now. And avoided having this kid on the books and on the sideline for 12 months minimum.